• Published 1st May 2016
  • 2,644 Views, 22 Comments

All Devouring Black Hole Dark Archon - Morphile



Displaced as Ulrezaj, with extra Story Breaking! May end up with non-chronological order, many problems defused in Suelike manner.

  • ...
11
 22
 2,644

Learning the AU part one: Applejack

Author's Note:

thoughts
loud/echoing
"telepathy"
"speech"

Originally, this chapter and the last one were going to be one chapter, but I accidentally reloaded the page without saving it. And now, the AU tag rears its strange head.

...Is that Applejack? It looks like Applejack, but her Cutie Mark is different. The Cutie Mark is an apple on top, an orange on the right, a lemon on the bottom and a cherry on the left. She's bringing a cart full of buckets to the barn. It looks like they are all lemons, but she may have just harvested the lemons last. Makes sense, the last few rows of trees next to the open area with the house and barn didn't have any fruit on them.

At any rate, as I'm uncertain of whether or not this is Applejack, I'll go looking for Timberwolves and Void sensitive crystals. After all, I do need to get started on the containment unit that will let me go around and do things without having to worry about losing power and pieces of my souls. The ultimate jackpot would be a Khaydarin Crystal, but those things are artificially created by the Xel'Naga, so the chances of finding one are close to zero. Although if there was one on this planet, the ponies may have learned how to make use of it.


-several hours later-

Well, I didn't find anything of use to my goal of making a stable containment unit, but I tore apart a dozen timberwolves. Surprisingly large amount of energy in them, and they show the potential for sapience. None of the ones I found were fully sapient, and the almost-not-there mind was dominated by instinct, so I have no issues with killing them.

At any rate, it's night time now, so I'm headed off to see who that mare is and how much power she has. Heading in to the house, still cloaked, I see Granny Smith and Big Mac, with the Cutie Marks being the right ones. Now, to look into the memories of this little pony...


-nearly an hour later-
... It is Applejack. Still named Applejack. Apparently, instead of abandoning the Oranges, she looked into the family tree, figured out who did what and learned skills in managing a farm from all the major branches of the family. Which includes one that focuses on lemons, for some reason.

Frequent meetings with the Oranges have made sure she knows how to run a business’s finances. This means the often-joked-about hip replacement for Granny Smith was paid for up front.

Cherry Jubilee gets her to understand work flow, increasing the efficiency of things, including harvesting the crop and making cider. This means that the crop gets harvested a bit more quickly and with quite a bit less effort, and that there is enough time during cider season to supply enough for Ponyville and have enough left over for a significant amount of alcoholic cider that sells for a much higher price.

The Apple Family proper make sure she doesn’t stop doing a good amount of the work herself, but she leaves enough time to do the finances after all the harvesting is done.

And apparently the lemon branch of the family are geniuses at using rootstock and somehow made a variety of lemon tree that grows faster than peaches. Those lemon trees are in high demand as rootstock. Makes sense, as getting a 20 foot tall tree in just one year is a godsend to those who rely on rootstock to make up for slow growing trees. And the firewood value is pretty big, too.

As for when I am, it's sometime before Luna coming back. Although one telling difference is that Cadence is a public figure, meaning that Twilight will probably know her official 'title'.

Well, this is ponyville, so I'm going to check the bakery next. Pinkie Pie, I'm coming after you! Okie Dokie, Loki! Damnit, this is a first person fic, get out of my head! First person fic? What's that mean? ... There are going to be headaches for both of us...