• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 3,200 Views, 1,640 Comments

Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 3: Tyrants, Terrorists, and Tiaras, Oh My! - Down with Chrysalis



The continued adventures of you, Bugze the Changeling! (Comment-Driven Story)

  • ...
21
 1,640
 3,200

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 54: A Party of Awkward Explanations

Opening Theme:

As you prepare for whatever is about to happen with this little social gathering, Nightshade looks up at you and asks.

"Daddy, do I really have to stay by your side the whole night?"

"Of course, what if Aloe or one of the others gets their hooves on me? You're the only one who can stop her from doing that," you say panicked.

Nightshade rolls her eyes. "Daddy, we've dealt with much worse situations than a bunch of silly mares. Besides, we're at a party, there's a lot of witnesses to help you."

"But-".

"Come on Dad. I'm sure you can handle yourself. Now can I please go hang out with my friends and pig out on party food?"

You look to the food table and see the CMC, and surprisingly Crackle with cups of punch talking. You let out a sigh and say,

"Yeah, you're right. Go on ahead. Don't have too much fun though."

She smiles at that and runs off to go hang with her friends.

OK. Just lost my one line of defense against semi-unwanted stalker attacks. But I will be strong. I will get through this party through grit and determination.

I thought the point of a party was to relax and socialize.

Yes. I will relax and socialize in determination! you think.

Kichi's Comment

TheRutherford's Comment

Kersey's Comment

You then begin walking into the crowd. As you do, you can't help but remember your first Welcome to Ponyville party as BST. How you were guilt tripped into going to it after making Pinkie wrongly admit to mass murder, how you had to publicly apologize, got shamed for raising a potty mouthed daughter...

Why did I agree to go to another one of these things again? I mean, the karaoke with Pinkie was fun, but otherwise that was a very stressful party.

So far this night hasn't gone much better seeing as how you've already (rightfully) accused another member of the Deadly 6 for murder, and had to stand on stage and tell your false story. Even still though, most ponies appear to be giving you some space, which you are thankful for, so you take the time to scope out the crowd again.

Just like before, you see no side of a brown hide with an hourglass cutiemark. Nowhere around where you saw Derpy before is any sign of the Time Lord.

You sigh to yourself. If it hadn't been for the Doctor, you wouldn't have been in Ponyville for as long as you were, and these ponies wouldn't have had such a connection to BST. This is yet another problem he's caused for you.

Well, there's no clues about his whereabouts here as far as I can tell. And now that he doesn't have that false debt hanging over me, I'm free to leave anytime.

As you make your way through the crowd, you see Twilight and Spike in the corner. Spike rolls up a scroll and sends it off with his dragon fire.

What are the odds that that letter has something to do with what she did with the Pinkie clones and with BST's return?

Knowing your luck, extremely high. Although I am not too sure that the purple psycho added her poor actions in that report.

What makes you say that?

"Think about it, how disappointed would would my "perfect" sister be in her "prized pupil" if she found out she resorted to magical violence to solve her problems.

Uhhhhh... your though train trails off at what she just said.

What?

I think that is the first time you have ever called Celestia your sister.

You can actually hear her cringe for a moment.

Selly?

I really can't help it sometimes. After spending so long with that traitor, I sometimes call her that out of habit. Even if it is only in my mind and not to you, she replies grumpily.

Probably doesn't help with Nightshade calling Cadance her cousin.

Well either way you wanted to talk to the cross-eyed one correct? She is over there in the corner. she says, not wanting to continue that conversation. Relenting, you think,

Yeah, let's get that taken care of.

As you begin to make your way over to Derpy (Thankfully your internal conversation did not take so long that it looked like you zoned out) you hear a loud belch and the sound of fire coming from where Twilight and Spike were. You continue making your way over to Derpy when Twilight runs up to you.

"Mr. Tennant, Can I have a moment?"

Oh boy, what fresh Tartarus will this be?

"Yeah sure Twilight, what's up?"

"Well, I wanted you to know that I just wrote to Princess Celestia, telling her that you've returned."

Called it!

"Okaaayyy. Thanks I guess? Did you also tell her about the whole Pinkie Pie Fiasco and the clones leaving Ponyville?"
Twilight's ears fold back and she blushes.

"Um, actually I kind of left that part out for now. I figured that incident could wait," she chuckles nervously.

Ha! Called that!

"Anyway, I told the Princess what you told us about how you were in hiding and your relation to the bounty hunter who took the Crimson Knights down. She and Princess Luna want to speak to you soon."

Your eyes widen at that.

Shoot! I should have had the Deadly 6 Pinkie Promise not to tell anyling!

"Why? Why would you do that?" you say exasperated.

"Baker, you essentially came back from the dead today, anypony would want to speak to you about that. Then there's the fact that we now have to go through legal paperwork to pronounce you and Nightshade as living again, but also your brother is celebrated as one of Equestria's greatest heroes. The princesses wish to speak with him, and you'd be able to tell them where he's at."

"Hey, if my brother wants his privacy, then I'm sure as heck not going to give him up. And besides, I'd rather not talk to royalty if I can avoid it," you start making excuses.

"Mr. Tennant, I'm sure Princess Luna has gotten over the Nightmare Night Incident, you don't have to fear her," Twilight hoof waves.

"That's not what I-".

"And besides, even if your brother wants his privacy, maybe you can deliver the medal they want to give him. You said you were going to see him, even if you don't like talking about him for some reason," she trails off.

"Yeah, he's family and all, but I don't like to talk about my brother that much. The guy's got serious pyromania issues," you say.

Twilight, and in turn a few surrounding eavesdroppers go dead silent as they stare at you in bemusement.

"What?" you say oblivious to the hypocrisy of that statement.

The eavesdroppers just roll their eyes and continue on, while Twilight just coughs and says,

"Well, familial love of fire aside, he is still a national hero..."

"And like I said, Nightshade and I were on our way to find him, I didn't come back to stay forever you know?"

"Well, that should be fine considering they said they won't be able to come down here until the Saddle Arabian diplomats arrive."

That statement confuses you greatly.

"Um...Isn't Saddle Arabia that desert country where they filmed "Daring Do and the Raiders of the Lost Chest" and "Daring Do and the Last Hurrah?"

"Uh-huh. Though personally I prefer the books," she answers.

"Why am I not surprised? Anyway, If they are sending diplomats, then why would they come to Ponyville instead of Canterlot?"

"Oh they will be, but legends of my friends and I have spread, and they wish to see the town where it all started. I'm even putting on a magic display here the night they arrive," she says with sparkles in her eyes.

"Okkkaaaayyy, but what's that got to do with me?"

"Oh, well since the princesses have such a busy schedule, they decided that when they bring the dignitaries here, they'll talk to you as well."

"And um...When are these Arabians getting here?"

"Oh, not for at least a month."

"Yeaaaaahhhh, I plan on being gone by then thank you very much."

"Oh come on Tennant. They just want to talk. And if your brother wants privacy so much, I'm sure he'll be alright for another month. I mean, who knows what he's doing with all those Pinkies."

"But what am I going to do here for a month?"

"Can't you just hang around, help out a few friends who missed you because you left and made them think you were dead?" she says, causing a bit of guilt to course through you.

"Don't say it like that," you moan.

"Sorry. But what do you say?"

Her expecting face full of logic and your bit of guilt help make you a give a half answer.

"Well, a lot can happen in a month, and I guess my bro is busy. I can try to be there, but no promises."

"Great! I will have Spike send a letter telling them you'll be there."

"But I didn't say that!"

"You kind of did. Besides, even if it's just a month there's so much to do. First comes the harvest parade in a few days, then Applejack's having her family reunion and needs extra hooves setting up for, me and the girls have to convince an official to hold the Equestria Games in the Crystal Empire, and then the delegates will arrive. Oooh, there's so much wonderful planning!" she clops her hooves happily.

Sigh, only the bookworm would be excited for meticulous planning.

"And I know I'll be busy, but while you're here, do you still want me to teach magic to Nightshade? I was even thinking of letting the crusaders join in on a project Spike likes to call, Twilight Time" she smiles.

"Meh... I'm not sure... Are you sure that you are not going to go crazy again and leave her alone with Spike and Ice Cream while you shout to the sky that the world is going to end?"

"Of course not! That was only one time... Can't you just forget it?" Twilight says annoyed.

"Never!" you say dramatically before continuing, "But I might consider it. Do you guarantee that she won't be alone with Spike for long periods of time?"

She facehoofs at this before saying,

"Mr. Tennant, for goodness sake. I don't know why you're so worried about that. Spike and Nightshade are far too young for anything like that to happen."

"Uh Huh, you keep thinking that. He's older than he looks remember?"

She sighs at that.

"If it helps ease your mind, Applebloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle will be there too. Just please stop harassing him OK?"

"Alright fine. But what made you decide to start teaching the other girls in the first place?"

"I...kind of felt bad after we thought you and Nightshade perished, and I just wanted another student. At first it was just supposed to be Sweetie Belle, but the other girls showed up, and I found I had much that I could teach them too."

"Oh, liking the teaching route huh? Don't tell Cheerilee," you chuckle.

She chuckles as well, then says, "Oh don't worry about her. I've found that little fillies and colts are like batteries. You need to charge them up so that their brilliance shines."

You shirk back at that image, and Twilight asks,

"Everything okay?"

"Uh? Oh... It's nothing. Just something I heard about one of the Crimson Knight leaders that was a changeling and how he kidnapped children as a food source."

Twilight scowls at that too.

"Really, how evil can you get?"

"Well, I suppose he was trying to copy the Hooded Offender and the little filly that follows him. I've seen that filly, and being a changeling she'd offer a lot of love to him," Twilight surmises.

You scowl at that as anger floods you.

Oh for the love of Pete! Nightshade isn't FOOD! How many times do I have to say it before you stupid ponies realize-

"But even though that reasoning seems to make sense, psychologically it doesn't seem to fit The Offender at all," she interrupts your internal tirade as she scowls herself.

A bit confused, you ask,

"Say what now?"

"The Offender, I've been studying him relentlessly for the last 3 years, and he is one big contradictory enigma."

I'm a what?

She means you're very confusing.

Oh. No I'm not, I'm usually straightforward. Everyling else just makes me confused. While you think this, Twilight continues.

"He says he wants to be a hero, yet he hurts ponies and causes mayhem by turning into a monster, he says he wants to be alone, yet he keeps showing up during big events, he says he doesn't want anypony else to do what he does, but he keeps doing it anyway. I don't get him!" Twilight rants as some of the strands of her mane come loose.

"You've uh, really been obsessing over this guy huh?" you ask a bit creeped out.

"Oh you have no idea. After our last encounter in the Crystal Empire, I decided to pull out the stops. I read everything I could on psychology and deductive reasoning, and maybe just a teensy bit of inspiration from one of Spike's comics."

"Which one?" you ask nervously.

"Batmane. Anyway, With my wall shrine at home, I've connected the strands of yarn to his past actions, his claims, and eye witness testimonies. What I've found is that he's a slightly insane individual who is obsessed with pop culture, jumps to conclusions, has attention deficit disorder, and extreme anger issues, as well as a very strong paternal bond with that filly he travels with."

"..." you stare blankly at her.

Well, what she says is actually all true.

I know that, it's just weird that she's been able to analyze me with her creepy stalker shrine. And it's not even the good kind of stalker shrine.

"And even with all this information, we still don't know what makes him tick. The only thing I've been able to completely nail down is that that filly is not some sort of love source for him. She is the real mystery in all this, and I will find out what drives them!" she says going a bit into Crazlight."

"Ooookaaay. Enough insanity for now Twilight, why don't you go have some cake or something?"

"I'm not insane. His crimes, and his personality don't match up. Yes he did do them, but the motive behind them doesn't fit!"

"You're probably right. Still, go calm down OK?"

"Hmmph. I'm calm, and I will figure him out one day," she mutters walking back over to Spike.

When she's gone, you wipe the sweat from your brow and sigh.

She's so close, and yet so far in trying to figure me out.

Well unless someling were say, in your head or around you constantly, they wouldn't know the REAL you Bugze. Even then, you're actions can be random, even to yourself.

Well I guess I can't be entirely blamed. According to Crazlight, I've got Attention Defeci-OH Something Shiny! you trail off as you see Vinyl setting up her new chrome speakers.

As the music starts, you look back to where you were originally headed before Twilight cut you off. Ditzy "Derpy" Do, sitting all by herself on a bench. With everyling distracted by the music, you know it's time.

BrownDog's Comment

Well, guess I should get this over with.

You walk over to her, and she shifts in her chair nervously as you approach. She looks at you with a smile that doesn’t reach her eyes. You nod to her as you both stay quiet for a moment. Eventually she sighs and says,

“Hello Bugze.”

“Hi Derpy,” you respond.
Again, a silence stands between you two, and she eventually looks down.

“Do you hate me?” she asks sadly.

“No. No I don’t hate you,” you sigh as you sit down next to her.

“You should,” she says sadly looking down. You put a hoof on her shoulder in a comforting gesture.

“Oh Bugze, I’m so sorry about how we left things. I didn’t know The Doctor was going to leave you on your own. I only noticed what he’d done by the time the TARDIS started moving, and by then it was too late and…”

“Derpy, I don’t hate you. You haven’t done anything to me that would warrant that,” you comfort.

She shakes her head at that, but still she doesn’t look up at you.

“I tried to make him go back, but he wouldn’t. I asked him why, but he said he couldn’t tell me. ME! After everything he and I had been through, he wouldn’t tell me why he left you,” she starts getting worked up.

“Derpy, it’s OK. It wasn’t you. It was him. I don’t blame you at all,” you comfort. She looks up at you with tears starting to form.

“I don’t hate you at all, you believe me right?”

She smiles sadly before hugging you. After a few seconds, you both break the hug and she looks a little better.

“Thanks for that Bugze. It’s been so long I couldn’t believe that you would still like me.”

“Of course I would. Sure, it’s been a few months for me, but I don’t think I could hate you. Not after we survived…over there,” you say with a shudder.

She shudders too before saying, “It seems like it’s been years since that awfulness happened.”

“Yeah…And Derpy, I hate to ask but, Where’s the Doctor? I’ve got some questions for him.”

She looks back down again in sadness.

“I don’t know.”

“Huh?”

She looks back at you.

“I don’t know where The Doctor is Bugze. I haven’t seen him for months,” she says bitterly.

You are shocked at this. “I…Uh…”

“I know, shocking right?” she then shakes her head and scowls a bit. “After he left you behind, and we took care of that Cadence, he took me back to Ponyville…and he left me.”

“He left you?” you ask flabbergasted.

“Yeah,” she says with a sniffle.

“Oh Derpy, I’m so sorry.”

“You don’t have to be sorry. It’s my own dang fault for thinking he was different from the other stallions. I thought I meant something to him. Something…more. But in the end I’m just like everypony else. Someone he can lie to and keep secrets from.”
She then sniffles again and looks to you.

“He abandoned me too Bugze, and I don’t know why. Before he left, I asked him and all he said was that he had to check up on an old friend…and then he was gone. I haven’t seen him since.”

You pat the brokenhearted mare’s back in a comfort.

Eventually she looks up to you.

“Thanks Bugze. I guess maybe it is for the best. I got my little girl to look after, and I am a few years older than I should be at this time, thanks to time travel.”

If she is, you can’t tell.

“Derpy, I know it’s a sore subject for you, but I need to know. Do you know anything about the Doc’s last words to me?”
She shakes her head at this.

“I’m sorry Bugze. I don’t know what promise he made with your Grandbuggy. He never told me. All I know was that he and Granny Smith were his companions at the same time years and years ago. Aside from that, I have no clue.”

“Dang. Well, thanks anyway. And don’t ever think that I hate you. You’re my friend.”
She nods at this and the atmosphere with you two seems better.

“Um. How’s Nightmare Moon doing?” she asks in a lower voice.

“That’s not her name anymore. It’s Selena,” you correct. “And, well, she’s doing much better now. She’s not as big as she once was, a lot cuter if I’m honest, but she’s alive and kicking and keeping me alive.”

She smiles at that, “That’s good to hear…”

Wow, I never thought anypony, much less this wall eyed mare would care about my well being, Selena says in warmth.

“OI! Buck off Thunderlane, that’s my cake!” Nightshade’s voice comes from across the room, followed by the sounds of Thunderlane getting hit.

Derpy grimaces at that before saying,

“And I guess Nightshade is doing fine. Still haven’t gotten around to fixing her mouth have we?”

You chuckle nervously at that, but she shakes her head and rolls her eyes.

“Sorry, kind of didn’t have time. I mean, I’ve had a lot of crazy stuff happen to me over the months.”

“Yeah, I heard. Eating King Sombra sounds like quite a crazy thing.”

Your eyes pale at that but before you can defend yourself, she continues.

“I won’t even ask about it. Chances are The Doctor knew and didn’t tell me…just like he didn’t tell me a lot of things,” she says sadly.

You can actually taste how miserable she feels, so you sit with her for a bit while the rest of the party goers dance.

Freaking Doctor. How could you have done that to her?

Meanwhile, With Nightshade

Thunderlane is picked up by his bro Bulk Biceps, and carried away from the food table, holding his nethers.

"I didn't know it was your cake. Why is this happening?" he moans in high pitch.

Nightshade smiles as she chomps down on her cake, and the other three CMC look to her.

"What?" she asks.

"You really have a problem when it comes to hitting guys where it hurts," Scootaloo says.

"Hey I don't have a problem, I'm just really good at it," she defends. An older charcoal colored stallion at the food table chuckles at this.
Rolling her eyes, Applebloom speaks up.

"We're gonna head to the dance floor, you wanna come?"

"Just give me a few more minutes with the dessert table. I haven't had proper party junk food in so long." As they leave, she proceeds to dig into an Apple Pie.

"Ah, just like Granny Smith used to make," she sighs.

"Your friends are right you know. You can't limit yourself to one special move. Especially one that will only work on males," says the older stallion who's eating some ice cream.

"Yeah, I guess that wouldn't work on girls...or on Bulk Biceps. But it's the easiest way to crumple someli-pony," Nightshade responds.

"That's true, but if all else fails, a good ol throat punch never hurt nopony...except for the one getting punched," he says with a smile before walking off into the crowd.

Huh. I never thought of that before. Though I guess it will be awhile before I can even try that ou-

"Oh Sweet Delicious Pie. Caramel, you want some?" Nightshade turns around and sees Sassaflash with her Apple Pie. Grinning evily, Nightshade yells out,

"Get Bent Sassaflash!" and proceeds to punch the mare in the throat, causing her to gasp and fall to the floor, dropping the pie into Nightshade's hoof.

While the pegasus mare groans on the floor, and the filly eats her pie, Caramel watches in both horror and relief.

"Well, at least it's not me this time. Thanks Lady Luck," he says aloud as his marefriend glares at him.

Back With You

You hear the sounds of another pony getting struck by your daughter and look back to Derpy.

"Go on. I'll be fine," she says with a knowing smirk.

Glad that she's feeling a bit better you pat her back then walk towards the food table.

Doc, when I find you again, you are so going to answer for that Mare as well, you think in indignation.

Guardsling66's Comment

Kersey's Comment

As you walk though, you can't help but feel like something's wrong. If you had Spidey Sense, it'd be tingling. Like you've forgotten something...

You are suddenly yanked by some pony into a dark corner of the room and pulled in to a bone crushing hug.

"Finally I have you my stud muffin!" comes a voice that doesn't take you long to recognize.

"Its.. great to... see you again Aloe," you reply trying to get words out of your mouth as the air is crushed out of your body. She then releases you and you gasp in some much needed breath. And see her overjoyed face.

"Oh my Baker, I was so worried about you. I thought you'd gone to the after life without me my love," she coos as she brushes your cheek, causing you to blush. "But here you are, alive and well. That was some tale you told up there. I didn't even know you had a brother, is he just as handsome?" she asks.

"Uh, yeah, sure. Um, hey Aloe, why don't we get out of this little private corner and back into the par-" she stops your speech by placing a hoof over your covered lips.

"Oh no, I think that would defeat the purpose. Privacy is key," she whispers causing you to sweat. "Wherever you went, whatever you did doesn't matter, you're here now and that means we can continue where we left off," she says with a creepy/seductive smile.

"And where did we leave off at?" you ask hoping to Luna that the next part isn't what you are thinking of.

"Easy you, me, bed, NOW!" Aloe says forcefully as she begins to drag you towards the stairs away from the party.

Oh Sweet Luna! Sapphire Shores flashbacks! you think in dread.

Thankfully, a blue and orange hoof suddenly land on your shoulders and hold you in place, stopping the masseuse from dragging you. Aloe looks back and groans.

"Oh Come On!"

"Not Tonight Aloe," comes the country drawl of Applejack.

"Yeah, he just got back for Pete's sake," Rainbow Dash adds.

OH THANK LUNA! More of my stalkers to the rescue...Wait...

"Why do you two always have to rain on my parade!" she huffs.

"Look, we're all happy to see him again, but now's not the time for that," Rainbow chides before looking to you with a bit of a scowl. "Right now, he has got some explaining to do."

"Darn Tootin," Applejack says with the same look.

"Explain? But I already explained everything to you guys. Twice already."

"Oh yeah, you explained things alright, except for the elephant in the room," Applejack says.

"Where?!" you say looking around the pillar that hides you from the rest of the party. The three mares facehoof at this and pull you back.

"Not a literal Elephant!" Rainbow groans.

"Oh. Then what do you mean? Did I do something wrong?" you ask as you look at the farmer and the athlete's frowning faces.

"Of course you did. You left us Baker," Dash growls with a bit of edge to her voice. "We thought you where gone for good. The funeral, the heartache, the suffering. Then out of the blue you suddenly appeared off that train like nothing happened." You shirk down at her accusatory voice. Then Applejack joins in.

"We know this wasn't planned, or deliberate but...You sure know how to play with a mare's heart Tennant. I mean, many of us haven't really kept it a secret how we felt about you...some more than others," she says as she glares at Aloe who Hmphs. "But still, we thought that even if you were gone, you could have at least let us know, price of stamps be damned."

Rainbow steps towards you and with a glare says, "It may be easy for Fluttershy, Aloe to just go along with it, but it's harder for us. We spent months trying to move on and forget about you. We finally started to get back to our lives, but now you're back and I don't know I'm happy or going crazy seeing you again." Tears begin to leak out of her eyes as she begins sniffling.

It hurts doesn't it attention whorse, to have your emotions manipulated for no reason. Go ahead and cry, Selena thinks indignantly.

Oh come on Selena, don't be like that.

Why not? In one identity she wants to kill you, and in another she stalks you. The same goes for the farmer.

Yeah, but they don't know I'm both personas. All they know is that some stallion they cared for came back from the dead. They finally moved on, and I just threw a wrench into their plans and messed up their emotions. If I don't fix this, I'll feel really guilty.

So instead of having two of your stalkers resent you and leave you alone, you'd rather they still kept stalking?

Well at least then they won't try to hurt me out of spite or something.

...Good point.

As you have this internal debate, Rainbow speaks up,

"Well say something Tennant, don't just blank out on us."

Here goes nothing. Please work.

"Look, Dash, Applejack, even you Aloe. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you all upset. I was just so busy protecting Nightshade that I forgot about those that cared for me in Ponyville. And even if I didn't know that you guys thought I was dead, you're right, I should have written. Even though I thought that you'd only think I ran off, I didn't stop to think about how that would make you guys feel." You see that Dash, AJ, and Aloe have softer looks on their faces, so you continue.

"I'm a selfish guy, but I also felt that a part of me leaving would help you all in the long run. I've been hiding after all for a long time, and I didn't want to drag you all down into that mess. That's the best excuse I got though. Just know that I'm sorry for not thinking about you guys when I decided to move on, and for whatever will happen when I move on again. I'm sorry"
You see the mares tear up a bit at your speech and the three of them sniffle.

So...Did that work?

Suddenly all three of them rush at you.

DIDN'T WORK PLAN B! PLAN B! Wait I don't have a Plan B. OH LUNA THAT'S IT! GAME OVER MAN GAME OVER! I'm gonna die! you panic as the mares...hug you. Although you'd be excused for thinking you were being attacked since they are squeezing the life out of you. Speaking of which, you need air to conscious right?

"Bleh!" you pass out.


POV Change Aloe

Baker Sylvester Tennant you hunk has just passed out since the other two mares had to ruin your moment. But now as the three of you break from the hug and see him, you step up to the plate.

"UH-OH BST's passed out. Time for nurse Aloe to give some 'CPR'," you declare before the Rainbow Tramp and Applb!%$# try anything with your stallion.

NO MARE, STALLION OR ANYPONY GETS IN THE WAY OF MY FUTURE HUSBAND! you think as you ready him.

He's everything right in a stallion. He's strong, brave, funny, and most of all he sticks to his little girl like glue. Not like that flankhole that left mother and us. No, this stallion will take on monsters themselves for what he cares for, you think as you are about to pull down his cloth mask, when...

"Get Up Daddy!" *Splash*

Said daughter splashes punch all over his face causing him to sputter and stand up.

"Oh Come On!" you yell.

POV Change: Bugze

Spluttering and choking on some sort of fruit punch you stand up and look around. You see Nightshade standing there with an empty cup, a glaring Aloe, and a chuckling Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

"It's too early to pass out Daddy, the party's just getting started," she says as she takes your hoof, leading you from the mares.

As you go, Aloe harumphs and walks off while AJ and Rainbow look at each other.

"You know, it's hard to stay mad at the guy. Though we shouldn't get our hopes up if he's just gonna leave again," AJ says.

"Yeah, we should give him some space for now, but I overheard him and Twilight talking. A lot can happen in a month," Rainbow responds.

They both glare and smirk at each other.

"May the best mare win," they say as they hoof bump.

As you get dragged away, Nightshade looks to you apologetically.

"Sorry about not stopping them sooner."

"No worries honey, you did good. Now, quit hitting ponies and go play with your friends."

"Aw, but I learnt a really cool new move tonight and only got to test it once," she complains.

"Maybe later honey. Now go on, I'm gonna step outside for some air."

She nods and runs off while you exit the front door into the early evening air.

BrownDog's Comment

Fireheart1945's Comment

You stare up at the moon as you listen to the silence.

I always find it odd that so many mares can be attracted to you at the same time, Selena muses.

Neither can I. I mean, what changed after The Gala to make me a heart throb?

I do not know. If anything, you’d think it would have had the opposite effect after we smashed it.

I know right? I never even stood a chance back out in the hive. The one time I thought I did I…you trail off. Well you know what happened.

Indeed I do, she snarls at the changeling mare who broke your heart. Though I still find it strange you can’t remember what that whorse looked like.

I guess I blocked it out. My memories still aren’t one hundred percent clear from before the invasion.

It has been three years, I'm starting to think that it's not just regular trauma to forget so much.

Well yeah, but there's not much else I can do about it. I've got too many problems in the present to worry about.

Indeed. Those mares for instance. It seems so strange that so many claim to care for you despite not knowing who you really are. Like they only like a part of what makes you you.

Yeah. Then again, there's only a select few that know the real me. If they did, they'd never even look at me, you sigh.

Bugze...she begins, but your conversation is interupted as you hear,

"PST!" come from the side of the building. Curious, you look and see

“Fluttershy?”

She beckons you into the alley. You sigh as you realize it’s time for the talk.

After checking that you two are alone, she huffs and looks at you.

“Alright Hoody. Spill it. Give me one good reason why the girls and I shouldn’t get rid of that witch with the Elements?”

“What?!” you gasp in shock at her forcefulness.

Why did you ever trust her with my existence?!

“Fluttershy, just calm down alright.”

“Calm down? CALM DOWN?! I didn’t see you for months after the forest fire, and then when I finally see you again, she makes you lose control and EAT A PONY!” she shrieks.

“That wasn’t her!” you growl.

“You told me that she’s the one who gave you your power and was the one who trashed the Gala. Were you lying?”

“No! Dang it Fluttershy, just listen for a second.”

"Why? All the stuff she has done and made you do? You haven't even told me what she is. All I know is that she's the one who's made you do so much bad things. She's an evil witch!"

"Her name is Selena, and she's not a witch. She's just a misunderstood soul who-"

“How?! She trashed the Crystal Empire and ATE King Sombra. She made you a cannibal! And-“
You shove your hoof in her mouth to keep her from shouting more.

That. Wasn’t. Her!” you declare, a bit of edge to your voice as Fluttershy still glares at you (Thankfully not The Stare)

“Now, instead of ranting and raving, can you let me explain?” she nods at this and you take your hoof out of her mouth.

“Now, yes, I did lose control and eat that guy,”

You will never be forgiven for that…

“But she didn’t control me, or anything. Noling was in control Fluttershy. In fact, had she been in control, she would have stopped me.”

“But why didn’t she then?” she huffs in disbelief.

“Because she was hurt at the time. Almost dead actually. And because of me, I almost hurt her even worse.”

“How can you know that for sure? She might make you think she couldn’t help but- *GASP*"

Fluttershy’s words die in her throat as you pull aside your shirt revealing your scar.

“Yeah, not pretty is it?" The scar is still red, but whatever Zecora did to close you up has stopped it from bleeding since. "She stopped this from killing me, nearly killing herself in the process. She had nothing to gain, no hidden agenda. She just wanted to save me,” you say.

“What happened Hoody?” she asks in shock.

“I don't want to tell you that...No, I can't tell you that. It was a...very bad situation,” you say as you cover your chest again.

“So yeah, no one was in control Fluttershy. She didn’t do anything wrong. It was all a big mess that still haunts me. I wish I could take back, but I can't. It is what it is.”

“B-but. If it weren’t for her in the first place, that power wouldn’t have been there to go rampant. In a way, this is still her fault” she mutters.
You are about to retort, when all of a sudden you feel yourself pushed back.

“If it weren’t for me, my Bug would be dead ten times over you little tramp,” Selena growls using your mouth, causing Fluttershy to take a step back.

Selly!

No, let me have my say! she snarls.

I...Okay. Just take it easy.

"Y-you're the reason Hoody even has problems in the first place. You've caused-" Fluttershy tries to rebuttal.

“Shut it you puny little pegasus! You put yourself on a pedestal of morality, and yet you have no idea what we’ve been through!" Fluttershy winces at that, but still tries to defend herself.

“Y-You…”

“And yet, what have you ever done for my changeling? What have you EVER done to help him in any meaningful way?”
Fluttershy looks a little taken aback by this and stumbles on her words,

“I-I was his friend and-"

“So you claim, and yet how has that helped him? You sputter uselessly on the sidelines while your friends hunt and hurt him. It’s been three years, and yet you’ve never once gotten these friends of yours to stop. You just stood by and let him be beat. I on the other hand, have protected him since the beginning.”

“But y-you hurt ponies…”

“Yes, and so I shall continue to to protect him and my child. Even if he's reigned me in since the beginning, I will still be his shield and his sword. I’ll admit, I was harsher in the beginning, but even then I was actively helping."

"But I helped him too. I got all those who supported him together and-"

"Oh wow, so you started a fan club, big whoop, that only led to more problems for us. And on top of that, it doesn't even exist anymore."

"But..."

"You know what I did? I all but gave up my life to protect him! He only stands here now because of me! And yet you stand there and have the gall to say I deserve death? That I should lose him? That my daughter can be raised better by you?” her voice rises in indignation.

“I-I…” Fluttershy stutters.

“Don’t you dare look down upon me! You haven’t been in my shoes! What I've lost. What I've gained. Don't. You. Dare!”

Fluttershy looks very conflicted as Selena berates her.

“H-How can I believe that you’ve changed? That you won’t hurt others?”

“You supposedly reformed that fool Discord, and yet you can’t believe I can? Well to Tartarus with you. Believe what you want. I'm done speaking to you,” she huffs, and relents control back to you.
You stare at Fluttershy, she stares at you, but before that gag can come back you chuckle nervously and say.

“Um, yeah, so don’t hold anything against her. She’s had a lot to deal with being in my head, and sorry for the personal stuff...”

“Am I really that useless?” she asks.

“What? No way. Look, she’s grumpy because you were threatening her and-”

“No, she’s right. What HAVE I actually done to help you?”

“You were my friend Fluttershy. I know it doesn’t seem like much, but it helped,” you reassure her. “You believe me right?”

“I…I don’t know what to believe Hoody. I’ve just been making so many assumptions for the last few months.”

“Well are you still thinking of hitting me with the Elements of Harmony?”

“I…no, I don’t want to reveal your BST identity. And…” she pauses and sighs. “I guess it would be hypocritical of me to not give her a chance after what I did for Discord.”

“That’s all we ask Fluttershy. And look, we’re not gonna cause any problems, I’m not staying here for good.”

“How long are you going to stay?”

“I don’t know. I want to eventually meet back up with my brother, so not overly long, but Twilight's got all these plans now, so I think it will be long enough."

She smiles at that.

“But please, just understand, I need Selena and she needs me. She's not going anywhere.”

Fluttershy sighs at this.

“Okay Hoody. I’ll trust you. You better get back to your party,” she says as she starts walking away.

“You’re not coming back in?”

“No. I need to go think on some things,” she then looks back at you. “And to you…Selena...I’m sorry.”
She then starts walking back to her house.

Well?

Well what?

Aren’t you going to say anything back to her?

No. I already said what I wanted. Let her think on her actions

You’ve been thinking about this moment for awhile huh?

Of course. Thank you for staying on my side throughout it, she says in gratitude.

No problem Selly. I'll stick by your side through thick and thin. And hopefully after tonight Fluttershy will be on your side too.

Oh goody, she says sarcastically. But thank you Bugze. Thank you so much... her thankfulness is interrupted as Sombra speaks up.

Passive aggressive bullspit, Insanity, and romantic drama all around. This pathetic town needs it's own show, he giggles druggedly.

Both of you roll your eyes at his antics and walk back into the party.

You go around speaking to more ponies who welcome you back from the dead. Aside from some faces in the crowd, you don't know many of them all that well. Talking to Big Mac is like talking to a big red wall, but even then he's happy to see you.

You also found out he's no longer married to Cheerilee, which makes sense since you can see a few mares eyeing him from the crowd.

More power to you buddy. You deserve a nicer, quieter mare to compliment you.

After a few more hours, the party starts to wind down, and Applejack walks back up to you.

"So Baker, your shack is still there if you and Shade want to stay there."

"Thanks Applejack. You didn't touch anything did you?"

"No, we all left it as it was. Including your little, *ahem* Fan shrines to Sapphire Shores and Spitfire."

"Yeah..." you say nervously, "I think I'll be taking the former one down."

"Alright then. Oh, and, can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"Well, how are you doing on bits?" Until today, you were swimming in bits, but you just HAD to heroically give all those clones everything you made bounty hunting.

"I'm actually pretty broke. And according to Twilight, I can't legally get a job to make more until I'm declared alive again."

"Well I got a proposition for you. You see, the Annual Apple Family Reunion is gonna start in a week and a half, and our farm is gonna need some help setting up. I'd be able to pay you bits under the table if you want."

"Apple Family Reunion? Will there be lots of pie and other treats?"

"Darn Tootin."

"Well can I go to it after I help?"

"Well, it's only supposed to be family and you're not..." she begins.

Yeah, if you knew the truth you'd feel really weird about crushing on your cousin...at least I hope you would you think.

"But I could make an exception. You could be my plus one," she says with a smile.

"Well, I guess I could help out with it if you're paying."

"Great. And I'm sure Nightshade could go too. In fact, in a few days my little cousin Babs Seed is coming to visit and she and the CMC can show her around. She'll be staying with us till the Reunion starts."

"Wait, another little filly running around with those four? Are you sure it's safe?"

"Well, she's not been doing well in school thanks to bullies, but your daughter don't seem to have that problem. I'm sure they'll all get along just fine."

"I...give me some time to think about that OK? After tonight, I just want to relax."

"Alright then," she then gives you a subdued hug so that you don't pass out again.

"I'm glad you're back Tennant."

You get many greetings like that as the party finally ends. In a way. It is good to be back. At the end of the night, you and Nightshade head back to your shack. It's not as sentimental to you as your home in Appleloosa, but it was home for awhile, and it does make you feel at ease.

"Thanks again for coming here daddy," Nightshade says to you in gratitude.

"Yeah. No problem Sweetie. Even if it's only temporary."

The two of you then curl up on your cots and have the most relaxing sleep you've had since the Crystal Empire. You're not home yet, but you're close enough.

A Few Days Later

POV Change: Nightshade

It's been a few days since you and Daddy got back into town, and it's been great. You've hung out with Spike, Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo, and you haven't had to go to school once, you've had Twilight Time with Twilight, but you kind of feel bad at how advanced you are over Sweetie Belle, but you finally got the hang of that replication spell. You also had to tell off Sombra for being mean to your mom, and he gave his usual drugged answer. It's weird how he's started talking to you, like he worships you or something. Other than that, you are milking this little reunion for as much as you can get. While Daddy helps Applejack and Big Red set up for some Family Party or something, you and the girls have been working on a parade float for the Harvest Festival. It's almost done, but you've all taken a break to come and welcome Applebloom's cousin at the train station.

"Thanks for coming with me guys. I just can't wait to meet her," Applebloom says giddily.

"Hey, I'm always open for new friends," you say.

"And potential members too," Sweetie adds.

"I'm sure she'll be awesome," Scootaloo says.

As the train pulls up, the doors open and you see a tan orange filly with some sort of lightish red mane stand nervously at the door.

What Do You Do?

Outro:

Author's Note:

Let the anti-bullying PSA chapters begin!

Hey Hive Mind, DWC here!

Great news, I've managed to get my homework down to a more manageable levels now! I should be able to write a bit fast now, not so much to get back on schedule but enough that it won't take a week to get a chapter out!

Loved all those ideas you had for a Pinkie clone!

This chapters question is...

What movie/t.v show had the most realistic bully?

Now we all know t.v shows and movies use bullies as either a minor antagonist or the main one. Most of Adam Sandler's movies come to mind. But which one had the most realistic one? You tell me!

Expect the Next chapter most likely a couple days after this one. Hopefully

This has been DWC, signing off!

PreviousChapters Next