• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 3,198 Views, 1,640 Comments

Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 3: Tyrants, Terrorists, and Tiaras, Oh My! - Down with Chrysalis



The continued adventures of you, Bugze the Changeling! (Comment-Driven Story)

  • ...
21
 1,640
 3,198

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 10: There Was A Hole Here, It's Gone Now (Bugze vs Pyramid Head)

Kropsling’s Comment

BrownDog’s Comment

Even after your exclamation to the sky, the horrendous bipedal creature has only twitched it’s pointy head. It still stands there in front of the massive fire, and if this weren’t absolutely terrifying, it would look awesome.

“Wh-what is he Daddy?” Nightshade fearfully says.

“It’s freaking Pyramid Head! Pyramid Head! How the buck is he even real? What is he even doing here? He’s supposed to be in Silent Hill!”

“What’s Silent Hill?” asks Applebloom.

“One of the best survival horror franchises in video game history from a company that is stupid and hates making money.”

“Huh?” Nightshade asks.

“Yeah, they cancelled the latest reboot which would have been awesome, and instead made a Pachinko game,” you growl gritting your teeth before yelling to the heavens again.


“BUCK YOU KONAMI!!!”
Across from you, Pyramid Head throws his own head and arms into the air and gives a groan of rage as well.

“Yeah see what I mean?” you point to the agreeing monster.

“His vengeance swift…” a zombie warbles.

"What's that thing going to do to us?" Applebloom asks shaking with fear.

"I don't know and I don't want to find out" Nightshade replies.

“Well he hasn’t moved even after all my shouting, so maybe we should just stand still and see what happens,” you say.


After A Few Minutes of Standing Around Doing Nothing

None of you have moved a muscle, and neither has the monster in front of you.
"Why is it just standing there looking menacingly?" Nightsade asks.

"Is it trying to smell us like a Timberwolf?" Applebloom asks.

"With that pyramid thing on his head? I don't believe he has ever smelled itself. I bet he smells like a rotting corpse,” you reply.
This causes him to look directly at you and tighten the grip on his giant blade.

"I think he heard you dad" Nightshade quivers.


The figure then begins moving towards you, the Great Knife in his hands dragging a trench in his wake and the giant hoofball sized bugs around him begin attacking nearby zombies.

Oh Double Luna! Come on brain I need options now!!! you think in panic.

Be thankful its not an orne, it may still be instant death, but at least it can't fly, and doesnt destroy your soul.

As you he slowly and menacingly makes his way towards you, your brain fails you and all you can think of is that,

Well, it could be worse. We could’ve been facing an Orne. True Pyramid Head is surefire death, but at least he can’t fly. Though both do destroy your soul and- AAAGGGHHHH!!! Focus Bug! You mentally yell as it gains even more distance.


This is not the time to be thinking about a video game reference when there is a bucking video game character about tor bucking kill m-wait a minute, you interrupt your self-chiding as another though comes to you.

How the heck is it possible for a video game character to be here in the first place? I mean, there’s no mistaking it, he looks exactly like how he does in the game. This…this must be a dream, or a fevered delusion or something. Videogame characters can’t exist in the real world.

After this thought though a swarm of the bugs around him latch onto a zombie pony and explode it, causing more Zombie gore to splatter you.

OK, maybe I’m wrong. But those bugs weren’t even in the game, they were in that…relatively OK movie adaptation, but still…

You give an audible gulp before turning to the two children at your feet.

Kichi’s Comment

"Okay... We need to defeat Pyramid Head... any ideas?" you ask.


"Uhhh... my sister don't let me play violent games. If Sweetie Bell was here she might have known. She hangs out with that Button Mash guy a lot because she’s got a crush on him" says Apple Bloom.

"She does? Oh...that explains why she gets huffy when you play 2nd player next to him" Nightshade contemplates.

"Yeah... Wait, how do you know Sweetie Belle and Button?" she asks.

"Uuuh... Daddy, how you defeat Pyramid Head in the game?" she asks changing the subject.

"Well…you never actually defeat him…” you admit.

“You don’t?”

“No, all his battles you just hold on long enough till he leaves, or kills himself when he’s two beings. You never actually strike the killing blow,” you say.

"So..." Nightshade says putting two and two together.

"Run!!!!" you shout.
All three of you run from the advancing monster towards the entrance to town. The zombie numbers are way lower thanks to your earlier stress therapy session, but they are still around, so you juke and jive around them.


“Alright girls, just a little further then we can-WHOA!!!” you yell as you dig your hooves into the ground, and grab the girls. In front of you where the exit to town used to be, the ground has collapsed into a chasm so deep, you can’t see the bottom.


“OH COME ON!!!” you yell.

“How did this get here?” asks Nightshade.

“It’s the game! It’s just like the game!” you yell.

“No escape…no freedom…” the zombies chant.

You turn around and see a group of three Zombies in front of you, before all their heads are lopped off at once by the rusty knife.
Pyramid Head then walks over the corpses as if they were nothing, and with your back to the chasm, there’s nowhere to go.

Kersey’s Comment

BrownDog’s Comment

“Back up, Back Up, BACK UP!” you cry as you repeatedly slam the Boomstick into the ground to keep Pyramid Head at a distance. It seems to work a little as the shock waves make him stumble back a few steps, but it doesn’t look like it’s actually hurting him.

“I said, would you kindly back up?!” you yell using Telekinesis on him, which might has well been a gentle breeze against him as it makes his apron flutter a bit.

He slams his blade into the ground to steady his balance, groans, and then continues walking, even through all the Boomstick’s shock waves.


“Girls…get in my bags, now…” you command, trying to keep your teeth from chattering.

“Alright, Come on Bloom,” Nightshade says as she opens the flaps and jumps in with her.

“What the hay, this is just like Mr. Tennant’s saddle bags,” you hear her say before she chokes p a little, causing a bit of guilt to wash over you.

“Where in the heck do you even buy a bag like this?” she asks, trying to regain her composure.

“I have no idea, but hold that though” says Nightshade as she sticks her head back out.

“Daddy, look at me,” she yells.
You take your eyes off of the bipedal butcher and look at her.

“Baby, I told you to-.”

“You CAN’T get angry,” she commands.

“Honey I-.”

“DON’T USE THE CLOAK!” she shouts causing you to wince. “Fight for and protect us, but don’t hurt mommy. There’s enough monsters here already, I don’t want you to become one of them,” she says. You nod to her before she ducks back down. You then give out a sigh.



“Getting chewed out by my own daughter huh? I guess I deserve it,” you mutter before looking back to the poster child of Silent Hill.


“OK, Calm Down Bugze, you’ve fought tougher. You just gotta hit it till it dies. Sure he may be the manifestation of punishment for the wicked, and nigh invincible and you can’t actually beat him in the game, and…UGH Focus Bug!”

As he closes the distance you say, “Wait a minute, I don’t need to be punished, I’m not a wicked spirit, you shouldn’t want to attack me like these Zombos,” you tell the metal headed monstrosity.


The horrifying Executioner stops and points his finger out at you and groans.


“OK fine, I’m not an angel, but come on who is?!”
The monster then roars again and to this, you rev up your chainsaw and point it back at him,

“Alright fine, Let’s Go!” you yell as you rush the monster.

“Chainsaw Punch!” you yell, but your skewering punch is blocked by the great knife, which shuts it off.

“Buck!”
Pyramid Head then grabs you by the horn and lifts you up.

“Would You Kindly Let Go?!” you yell as you shoot electricity into his helmet. You hear a groan and he drops you. But before you can do anything else, his leg shoots out and punts you hard, sending you flying.


“Oof!” you exclaim as you land a few feet in front of the chasm.
He then starts making his way towards you at a fast walking pace.

“Oh, is that all you got? Well guess what?! I’m tougher than Sunderland, I actually know how to hold weapons properly!” you yell as you start up your chainsaw again rush the monster.


You dodge a swing from the Great Knife, which cuts a gash into your already raggedy top hat and slice at his legs.
You hear another groan as his blood flies, but the chainsaw doesn’t cut all the way through his legs, and only leaves a gash.

When he swings the knife again, you dodge under and slice him across the chest, causing him to grown, but this time he headbutts you. And Armored Shell or not, that pointy helmet hurts.



“Agh!” you cry out and hold your face, which gives him time to swing the knife again. You jump back just a little too late and he slices you across the right shoulder.

“AAAAHHHH!!! Mother Bucker!” you yell holding your bleeding shoulder.
You back up from the monster as your shoulder starts to heal, but all of a sudden you feel a crawling sensation on your back. One of the bugs is on your back.
“Get off of me!” you yell as you hit it with your boomstick. Unfortunately, hitting a bug that can explode with a boomstick is not very wise, and the resulting explosion sends you flying right at ol’ Pyramid Head.



“AAAAAAHHHHH!!!” you yell as you are launched, and your head him in the gut, and your horn goes through it. He groans, but grabs you by the back of the neck and throws you into the dirt.

“Oh…I hate boss battles…” you moan in the dirt.

As you get up to face your superior enemy, you hear a cry in your head.

GreyRebl’s Comment

Please!

“Ah! Who said that?!” you yell out
It is like an echo. You hear it, but it is a deafening voice in your head. You try to locate the source, and your old changeling senses lock onto immense feelings of sadness, anger and regret.


Let them go… she sobs. Let them be free…


"Who are you?! What's going on?!" you shout back toward the voice. A voice that sounds like it came from a little filly.
The voice doesn’t answer however, but you notice Pyramid Head groaning and roughly shaking his helmeted head. Suddenly, you recall how a filly cursed this place.


"She’s trying to talk to him?" you think aloud, before remembering what Applebloom and the Zombies said. “She wants to end it, but he doesn’t…”
Pyramid Head groans and then starts to swing wildly. You roll away from a slash that could behead you effortlessly. Not wanting to run away, you slam the Boomstick to the ground, while giving it a boost of Ice Plasmid causing a shock wave of ice all around you. The monster doesn't even flinch!
It slices its blade towards you, but you manage to hop away just in time.


"Phew! That was close!" You then see a small piece of your top hat fluttering in front of you. "Way too close!" you cry out.
With a grown, Pyramid Head begins to trudge toward you.


"Oh no you don't! Would you kindly eat lightining!"
The shot of electricity to the helmet doesn’t seem to hurt it, but it knocks it back and causes it to slip on the ice. You then jump into the air, summon a barrier, and give it a shielded body slam. The town of zombies hears a resounding smack, which proves its power. You immediately roll away across the ice to avoid a wide swing from the rusty blade.
In a low pouncing position, you smirk.

"How do you like ice, blockhead?"



It replies by slowly standing up. Too slowly. Impatient, you lob fire balls at it. The flames explode in an exotic wonder, but it only illuminates the monster as it progressively stands upright. The flames instantly vaporize parts of the icy ground and forms a bit of mist.

Suddenly, you hear a short boom, the polluted air disperses as though air pressure broke, and the huge thing is gone! You feel the Killing Intent. Your eyes widen. With a yelp, you dash forward just in time for the huge monster to land from its jump and plunge its rustle blade into the place where you just were! It's landing causes the ground to shake.

Holy buck it shattered all the ice! You mentally scream as the entire area is suddenly free of frozen and slippery ground!
Your clothes whip along with the winds from the shockwave as bits of dirt and ice flies into your open shocked mouth.


“You couldn’t do that in the game, or the movie! You’re cheating!” you yell out to it indignantly.
He responds by lifting his blade out of the ground and coming at you much faster than before.


"Well, buck."

BrownDog’s Comment

POV Change: Nightshade


Inside the Inventory


“Are you sure you’re daddy is OK? It sounds bad out there,” says Applebloom.

“Yeah it’s fine, he can take a beating. We just gotta make sure he doesn’t get angry and everything will be fine,” you tell her.

“Okay…” says a confused Applebloom. “But seriously, what the hay is that Pyramid Head? It was hurting the zombies, I don’t get it.”

“Hmm…” you think as something clicks in your mind. “The zombies kept talking about Him coming remember? That newspaper said the same thing,” you deduce.

“Wait…so he’s the one Ruby brought here?” asks Applebloom.

“Maybe? Let’s ask,” you say as you open up your own Inventory and talk to the bones.

“Hey! Ruby! Ruby!” before a voice behind you says.

“Yes? What do you need? Why have you not buried me yet?” she asks.

“We’re working on it,” you tell her. “But first, what in the buck is that Pyramid Head guy out there?”
She looks downcast at this.

“Oh…him…” she says sadly. “He is a spirit of punishment. He comes every day to punish the Town for what they did to me. To punish the wicked. But they’ve suffered for so long by his hands. Once I’m at rest, he will be gone as well…I hope.”

“So for the last 800 years, he’s cut up the zombies?” asks Applebloom


“Yes, and at the beginning of every day, they are reformed, forced to live about the day they did this to me, and are slaughtered every night. He won’t listen to me anymore. He won’t stop.”

“Wait, if this thing is supposed to punish the towns ponies then why the heck is this thing attacking my dad for then?” you ask.

“It is?” she asks confused.

“AAAAHHHH Motherbucker!” you hear from outside the bags.

“Unless he’s yelling for his health, I’m pretty sure,” you tell the ghost.

“But he only attacks the wicked…is your father pure of heart?”

“Yeeeeaaaa….No not really,” you admit, “but he’s not like bad either.”

“Then your father must flee! He cannot beat him!” Ruby says in panic.

“AAAAAHHHH!” you hear Daddy shout in pain.

“Uh-Oh,” Applebloom mutters.

“But we can’t flee. The town is surrounded by these chasms now. We can’t get out!” you exclaim.


“The chasms appeared for you? Your father must have a dark past…” she contemplates and you just rub your head nervously. “But there is a way out, I could show you, I-NO!” she screams as she begins to fade out.


“What? No, you can’t go yet!” you yell to her.

“I don’t have enough energy to remain in the physical plain. I’m returning to the mind…” she frantically says as she reaches out towards you and Applebloom, but fades completely.


“Oh No! Now what do we do?” asks Applebloom.

“Mind…mind…THE MINDSCAPE!” you squeal.

“Huh?” asks Bloom.

“She went back into the Mindscape, so we have to follow her. We have to fall asleep!”

“I’m too scared to fall asleep,” Applebloom says.

“Don’t worry, I got this,” you tell her.

GreyRebl’s Comment

POV Change: Bugze

You dodge another swipe from the great knife, but he follows it up with a punch, which hits you right in the head, sending you skidding along the ground.
Suddenly, Nightshade pops out of your saddle bag.


"Daddy! I have an idea on how to beat this! But I need something real quick!"
It takes a second to get yourself out of your stupor before you shake your head and focus on the monstrosity before you. "Well, not like I have any better ideas. What do you need?"

"I need that plushie that make ponies fall asleep."

Your eyes widen. "No. No!" You give a stern glare into the saddle bags. "You can’t fall asleep in Silent Hill, the mind is where they’ll get you the mo-.”

“Never mind, found it!” she says as she dives back down into the bags, followed shortly by a soft snoring.

“NO!”
You hear the Silent Hill monster's heavy footsteps, approaching you steadily.

In fear, you shout, "Oh, Buck! Applebloom! Quick! Wake her up!" When you hear nothing from the filly, you try again. "Apple Bloom! You need to! Right now!" you cry urgently.
It’s then that you hear that there are in fact two snoring sounds coming from the bag.


"Bucking Lady Luck!"




POV Change: Nightshade

Applebloom jerks her eyes open.

"Bwah?! Huh?!"

"Oh good, your here!" you say in good cheer. "Welcome to the world of dreaming!"
Your friend stares at you in shock. Not like you can blame her. After all, all around you, the dreamscape is nothing but metal, rust, and blood. Fresh ooze litters the floor, and morbid cages hang around the massive room.

“This place is horrifying,” AB says.

“You’re telling me,” you say, “Normally dream land is much nicer…”


Suddenly, you all flinch as you feel something... Dark and foreboding. A presence coming from the center of the dreamscape. You and both look and there it is: Pyramid Head. It groans at you.
Behind it is a cage that contains the ghost of a filly that you know, who seems to sleep peacefully under the guard of the monster before you. The thing looks as though it is...expecting you.


Applebloom whimpers soundly. "H-how are we going to get through him? What are we going to do?"

"It's easy to create things in your own dreams, so there's the how. Just wish what you want to appear."

Applebloom gives out one last shudder before falling silent.
"I just wish all of this to end...to be with my family" she finally utters.

You give a sympathetic look. "It will," you say with a smile, as you put a hoof onto her shoulder. “And your family will be with you,” you add.
The country filly sniffs, before turning to face you with a nod.

You smile, and she smiles back. Mysteriously, between the two of you, you both feel warmth from one another. A warmth similar to how you feel around Daddy and Mommy, and how Applebloom feels towards Applejack and Big Mac. A feeling of family. This confuses the both of you, but at the moment it’s as if your presence is giving the both of you holy aid. Applebloom stares resolutely at the monster with a pyramid head, a new light in her eye.



What the heck was that? How can Applebloom feel like my family? You think, still confused.


However, you shake your head and begin to focus on the task at hoof. After all, your daddy is still fighting out there!


"And as for what we are going to do..." You summon a plethora of cute and cuddly sheep. "Throw cute things at it!” you yell as you start chucking the sheep at Pyramid Head, which explode against him with calming blue waves of emotion, causing it to groan.

“Really? That’s the plan?” asks Applebloom as she summons a cute piglet and throws it at the stoic monster

“Yup!” you yell as you throw a basket of puppies.
Well, it worked on Sombra. Why not now? you think.


And as the both of you keep throwing every overly adorable thing under the sun at the creature, the cage around Ruby begins to fade.




POV Change: Bugze


You land in the dirt once more, having taken the blunt end of the knife on a back swing that struck you in the scar on your chest, causing you to nearly black out from the pain.
Out of desperation, and running out of better ideas, you went back to spamming fire balls.


"Burn, burn, burn! Come on already!"
You half expect the flames to have no effect, just like the last few times, but, to your surprise, Pyramid Head stumbles. You can only stare wide eyed as you begin to see its skin actually scorch! Unfortunately, the injuries began to recover just as quickly.
Still, you are ecstatic! "Nightshade! I don't know what you did, but keep it up!" you shout. With new hopes and renewed confidence, you charge back into the fray...


"Air bending edition: Flaming Psycho Crusher!"
...And slam right into Pyramid Head as it finally, oh so finally, screams in genuine pain!


“Oh, not so invincible now are yah? Take this!” you yell as you strike it repeatedly with the boomstick, causing a groan of pain every time you do so.

“Falcon Chainsaw!” you yell as you skewer the monster with your chainsaw. A great roar is heard as the blood splatters everywhere. Wildly, it grabs your wrist with one hand and punches you in the face with the butt of the knife, sending you backwards, and unskewering it. It plants it’s sword in the ground and leans on it as it barely keeps it’s balance. It’s wound starting to heal.

Quick! Throw a Pokeball at it!... Only to realize you don't have one.

“He’s low on HP…Now’s my chance!” you yell as you reach into your bag and grab something.

“Pokeball go!” you yell as you throw the object. The empty bottle of pain pills strikes the metal helmet and does absolutely nothing.

The helmet lifts up and looks at you in a tilted confused matter.

“D’OH! Pokeballs aren’t real…and even if they were, wrong game!” you yell.
“Heh heh,” you chuckle in embarrassment before taking up a fighting stance

“Guess I better end this now while he’s weak,” you think.



Meanwhile


POV Change: Nightshade


After being bombarded by everything cute you two could think of, the cage behind him disappears completely, and Ruby wakes up. Pyramid Head groans, and instead of retaliating or doing anything else, he simple walks off into the darkness.


“Huh…thought he’d put up some sort of fight at least,” you say aloud.

“Yeah…that seemed too easy,” says Applebloom.

“Thank you,” Ruby as she hops off the bed.

“Ruby, are you alright?” you say as you rush to her.

“He never hurts me,” she says. “He came because the others hurt me. He does this all for me, even if I don’t want him to anymore” she says.

“I know that feeling,” you admit since you know how overprotective and scary your dad can get.

“But how come he didn’t try to fight us after all the cuddly things we threw at him?” asks Applebloom.

“Yeah, I thought he was tougher than that,” you say.

“Because he does not hurt the innocent,” Ruby explains, “and your shared blood is a powerful bond, even in this place.”

“Shared blood?” you ask in confusion.

“Yes, the blood of your family,” she explains.

“But, we’re not related, we only just met,” says Applebloom, “And I think I’d know if an Alicorn was my kin.”

“I…uh…” you try to say something, but that earlier feeling comes back to you. Then a flash of that photograph you found in the apple’s attic comes to you. The one where Granny Smith was with a stallion that looked like your Daddy’s Unicorn disguise.

What does it all mean? You think as you hold your head.
Ruby meanwhile says

“Whatever the case, your bond was powerful, now I will tell you how to get out,” she says.

“Yeah, OK,” you say, glad to get back on track, “What do we have to do?”

“To the west of the town, there is an old tree stump where I used to play with Mitta. It should still have a way out.”

“Alright, tree stump, got it,” says Applebloom.

“But hurry, He’s still out there with your father,” she says.

“But we just beat him with fluffy goodness, he’s probably weaker now.”

“No, he is now fully in the physical realm, body and mind. He’s even more powerful!” shrieks Ruby.

Your eyes widen at this.
“Buck!” you cry as you grab Applebloom and fire up your horn, trying to wake up past the plushie enchantment.

“Good Luck,” says Ruby as you both begin to fade.

BrownDog’s Comment

POV Change: Bugze


Pyramid Head’s wound begins to close up even faster as he looks at you and groans in rage.
You rev up your chainsaw and rush towards him.



“Alright, that’s enough, in the game of life, Chainsaw is Always Better than Sword!” you yell as you swing your blade, but faster than you can see, his blade intercepts yours before it strikes true.
You hear the motor sputter and die, and a horrendous metal on metal sound…and your chainsaw’s chain breaks and flies off, making it useless. He stands back up, fully healed, and you feel the mass amounts of killer intent and power radiating off of him. It’s greater than it was before.

“GORAMIT!!” you yell. You then point your Boomstick at him, but he grabs your hoof before it connects, and starts squeezing.

“Gah!” you shout in pain. “Would you Kindly Get Zapped!” you yell as you send Electricity into his hand.
He groans, but it only causes his grip to get tighter, and you feel your bones start to crack.


“AAAHHH!!!” you scream. He then begins to smash your face with his helmet over and over again. You feel your nose break, and lip cut as the sharp surface bashes you. He stops after a few hits and your vision is blurred and dizzy.


“Oooohhhh…” you groan as you witness him raise the knife over his head, preparing to swing it down on you.


“NOOOO!!!” you yell as you hold the broken chainsaw hoof up.
You see the blade coming down, but then it stops abruptly.
Confused, you see a tendril of shadow coming from your chainsaw wrapped hoof.

"What in the..." you say as you suddenly hear a distant anguished angry cry.

Pyramid Head himself then groans in anger at this development, but you take the opportunity to throw the blade back and stumble him. Then you use the tendril like a whip to slash the arm holding your other hoof. He lets go and groans.
You then take a step back and mutter.


“OK, gotta calm down, no more cloak, no more…huh?”
The thing is, none of the rest of your cloak has appeared, and your eyes aren’t glowing.


“What the…how...?” you mutter as the tendril fades away. You don’t have much time to think about this though, as the Monster Roars and comes towards you again.


“Daddy, you can’t beat him! Run! Head West!” you hear Nightshade’s voice from the saddlebags.
As she says this, Pyramid Head comes at you in a skewering move. Thinking quickly you

Use "Mix Up Smash" to combine "Incinerate!" and "Bucking Bronco" to blast Pyramid Head high into the air with a lava geyser, allowing you ample time to RUN!!!

Use “Mix Up Smash” combining Incinerate and Bucking Bronco with a cry of, “Would You Kindly let out some hot air!” This blasts him into the air with a lava geyser. He roars at you from the top of it, but he is still itching for a fight.

“Alright, Buck It!” you yell, realizing that even in videogames, there are just some bosses you literally cannot beat, and you bravely flee in what you hope is the West.


When you reach the edge of town, again, all you see is the empty abyss chasms. You look into your saddlebags, placing the chainless chainsaw in it as you do. You see both of them awake, albeit a bit bleary eyed, and no worse for wear, so you ask.


“Alright Honey, what am I doing? There’s nothing here in the west!” you implore.

“Ruby told us to find her playing stump. You have to find the stump daddy!”

“Okay…” you say unsuredly as you start looking for said piece of wood.

“This way…” a feminine voice calls out to you.

You look to your right and see a zombie…but it’s different. It’s body is pulsing red.


“Her stump is over here,” she says and begins to shamble really close to the edge.
You feel like it’s a trap, but the roar of your monstrous friend catching up leaves you with few options.
You run over to the edge and see the red zombie pointing down.
Hanging to the edge is a big tree stump, with roots that reach out and onto the other side of the chasm.


“Thanks,” you say to her, “But why are you helping” you ask as Applebloom and Nightshade stick their heads out to listen.

“Because I couldn’t save her the first time. I will not fail her again…”
You hop onto the roots and start crossing before turning back.

“Who are you?” you ask.

“Mitta…my name was Mitta…now go! Save her soul, save your own lives…” she says.
You nod and cross over to the other side, and into the Everfree.



As you run through the woods, you realize that even though you are out of the town, Zombies are still everywhere.

“Oh Come On!” you yell as you run through the woods, no longer trying to fight them without your chainsaw.

“Don’t leave…Come back…” the zombies moan, but you ignore them as you run.


Eventually you escape the tree line and find yourself in a meadow, the sky is black and devoid of light.

“We’re out of the woods, quickly, give me her bones,” you say as both the fillies hop out.

“Oh no! Cries Applebloom as you look up and see that the meadow is completely surrounded by zombies. And coming right through the middle of the ring and towards you is the Metal Headed Executioner himself.


“Give me a break already!” you yell as you and the girls continue to dig. He gets closer and closer to you, and you whip out the Boomstick and start hitting the ground, helping to make the hole bigger. Nightshade, even starts using her bending, whatever little she can at the moment to speed the process up.


With the hole big enough, you put the sheet with the remains in and start covering up, when a massive roar behind you makes you look up.
He has his knife held above his head and is about to swing it down on you.



“AAAHHH!!!” you yell and are about to dodge…when you notice he is just standing there. You look behind you and see that Applebloom and Nightshade have covered the hole up, and are looking with amazement in front of you.

You look back and see a pale little filly in front of you holding a hoof out towards Pyramid Head.



“It’s OK, it’s over now,” she says to him gently. He starts lowering the blade to his side.
“I’m not angry anymore. Let them have peace…” she says to the hulking figure.

He looks at her then at all the surrounding zombies and then you and starts to groan.

“Please…no more…” she says.
The groan dies in his throat as his shoulders slump. A breeze then begins to blow the fog away.


All around you the zombies begin to disappear, as smiles begin to wash over their faces and sighs of relief…of peace come to them.


“We’re sorry Ruby…thank you…” the echoes of the town whisper before they are carried away.
All around you, you hear the siren from before, and you notice that the lights from the Moon and Stars are starting to shine through.

Pyramid Head looks up to the coming lights and then to you, and then to the filly again.
He kneels down and reaches his hand towards her head, to which you all tense at…but he gently tussles her mane and pets her.

“Thank you,” she says to him.


He then stands back up, turns around and walks back into the fading fog, dragging his blade with him. When the mist disappears, so does he, as if he had never been there at all.


“It’s over now…” the filly says before turning around and looking at you three.

ErisedtheInkMoth’s Comment

“Thank you all so much. Now we can all finally rest in peace. Farewell.”
And with that, she fades away with a smile on her face.


You let out a lengthy sigh and fall to the ground. Nightshade and Applebloom cheer and hug as you all happily laugh together since it’s all over.


"That was insane! Awesome, but scary too! I can’t believe I survived against Pyramid Head" you pant as the three of you celebrate over still being alive.

"Ah just wanna go home and forget about this." Applebloom says as she collapses next to you, the adrenaline finally wearing off.

"I hear that" you agree with her as you start cleaning your clothes of gore by rolling around on the ground.

“Hopefully Applejack will be back from the Crystal Empire by then, she’s been gone two whole days with her friends, helping with the clean up. I want to see her badly,” she says as her eyes start drooping.
You wince, realizing what the clean up means, but you shake your head as the Apple Filly begins to doze off.

"C'mon honey let's get your friend Applebloom home and then get as far away from here as physically possible."


She doesn’t answer you, so you look back to her.

"Nightshade?" you whisper, though thankfully Applebloom nearly asleep. You see Nightshade walking off towards a large rock planted in the ground a few yards away.

"Hang on Daddy, I just have to do something first." Nightshade says, and stops in front of the rock before rearing up and slamming her hooves into the ground. The rock begins to shake and rattle as she starts prying it from the ground, a bit of strain on her face. Eventually the rock comes free, and she pants as she holds it.


“Stupid Bending, be more consistent,” she grumbles before walking over to the grave and planting the rock in front of it.
She stares at it for a few seconds before slamming her hoof into the surface. Again and again she hits the rock, sending tiny pieces chipping away with each impact. Finally she stops and steps back to admire her work.
On the once flat surface of the rock, there's now a carving of a magnifying glass with a few words roughly engraved below it that read,


Ruby.
Free to be different, free to be special
Loved for who you are


As the three of you sit there in silence under the moonlit night, a sense of peace is felt. Applebloom finally succumbs to sleep, so you pick her up and put her in the inventory.


“Come on Honey, we have to get her home,” you say as you yourself start feeling fatigue set in now that your adrenaline isn’t pumping.

“Alright daddy, but after we do, we’re finally getting you that soup you need,” she says as she gets into the inventory.

“Alright baby, whatever you say.”



From the meadow, you found a path and began following it north. Thanks to the stars in the sky, you know which direction it was. Every minute you walked though, you realized how truly exhausted and weak you actually were. 2 days of being bed ridden, only to fight like a maniac high on adrenaline is not healthy. So you shambled like one of the corpses you had fought for awhile, until you saw a light up ahead. As you got closer, you found it to be a very familiar house.


“Zecora…” you weakly call out before collapsing on her doorstep.
The door opens, and the Zebra Shaman walks out.


“Now who is it out here?” she says before stopping and staring at you.
“Oh, oh no, oh dear,” she says before kneeling down next to you.

“Oh poor traveler covered in gore,
what has brought you to my door?” she asks.


You look at her and smirk.
“Someone who’s life whom you do give a buck,
Someone who really really hates Lady Luck,”


What Do You Do?

Author's Note:

The Nightmare is Gone, and Ruby is at peace,
But the Wanted Changeling's Story has yet to cease.

Great Fight Hive-Mind, but the story must go on. What's going to happen next?

The only rule for this one is,
Bugze doesn't go back to Ponyville.

He hasn't seen Zecora in about half a year, so let's catch up with her.

The answer to last week's question is.
All of them. I loved all your zombie picks. I personally love the Zombieland movie the best.

This week's question is,
What would you do if you ended up in Silent Hill?

From horrible monsters, to creepy surroundings, how would you react?

PreviousChapters Next