• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 3,184 Views, 1,672 Comments

Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 3: Tyrants, Terrorists, and Tiaras, Oh My! - Down with Chrysalis



The continued adventures of you, Bugze the Changeling! (Comment-Driven Story)

  • ...
21
 1,672
 3,184

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 24: Level 3: A Sansational Fight! 1 Challenge Down And 2 To Go! (Video Game Arc Part 3)

Opening Theme:

You and your Skull masked opponent continue to stare each other down till you glare at him and say,

Instead of the usual sans fight, you attack with joke and funny stories. The first one to collapse from laughter loses.

"What's the matter buddy? Feeling kind of bonely down in this hole by yourself?"

He smirks at this, gives a chuckle and says, "It's not that bad, kind of peaceful Tibia'nest with you."

"Well no matter, I can see I'll be winning since I'm already tickling your funny bone,"

"Heh heh...no chance buddy, because unlike you I'm...Bad to the Bone..." his eye then lights up blue as he holds up his arm and floating bones fly right towards you.

"Oh dang that was a good o-WAH!" You shriek as you dodge the bone attack. As you do you notice just how munch damage it does to the pillar it hits. You gulp nervously as you think,

Yikes! For fake looking bones they sure do pack a punch. Better try and dodge them as much as I can. If there was only some way I could convince him to not attack me...*ding* I know!

You smirk at your plan as you dodge another set of bones before saying,

Kichi's Comment

"What if I pay you double what Kichi is giving?"

Your opponent appears to think for a moment before he shakes his head and says,

"No... I have a contract, you know how it is... If I broke it, then I couldn't get any other jobs because I'd be known as a deal breaker."

You shake your head at this, and after dodging another set of bones, you exclaim,

"But Kichi is a criminal! You know it's bad to work for him, right? I'm sure he's thinking of a new evil plan right now!"


MEANWHILE

"I hate using my own funds! Stupid Kersey not delivering..." The Knight complains as he takes credit cards out of his wallet. "Let's see... This one is maxed out... This one was broken, so was this one... this one was reported as stolen... Here, I still have one" he proclaims as he holds up a platinum card.

"*Sigh*, It's hard basically singlehoofedly sponsoring a mafia... I need to pay the people at the pizzerias, the animatronics and maintenance, and even some building taxes... I wonder how Flag Burner managed to do it? Or the original Horde group? I hope that my minions managed to ask the Ponyville Horde President how she ran it so effectively. Plus she probably has some clues to where the buck the Offender even disappeared to. Eh, hopefully they'll convince her to come talk and not be overzealous," he mutters to himself.

After that he looks to a screen

"Is he still on the first level? *sigh*, I was hoping he'd be on the second level by now. Guess that Silver guy is tougher than I thought. Oh, well... Let's see what's going on in the newest issue of Dark Offender" Kichi takes out a comic and on the cover is the image of the Offender and Flag Burner fighting.

"Ugh...I already know how this ends," he says as he absentmindedly throws the comic behind him.


BACK WITH YOU

You sneeze as irony hits you.

"You know I feel like I'm being proved wrong somewhere..."

Masky (that's what your gonna call this guy till you get a name), ignores you as he sends another barrage of bones at you, but you manage to dodge them.

You look over to Masky and can't help but ask him,

"Can't you let me go? I only have until the six to take out Kichi or it's Game Over! And whatever the buck that means, it can't be good for my captured friend or prisoner!"

"Sorry buddy, nope... You know how hard is to find a group that accepts my kind? Not only that but Kichi has a great quantity of food here, now sit still and DIE!"

Suddenly the music from before starts to pick up again as even more bones start to fly at you. Dodging them as fast as you can, you can't help but think grimly,

Well...noling can say I didn't try the pacifist route, time to go NO MERCY!

With that thought you begin to make your way towards him to attack, but...

Solarkness's Comment

As you run through the hall, bones start popping out from the ground, walls and sometimes even thin air.

"The buck?" you shout out, jumping over or sliding beneath them, "I am pretty sure this is not within the gamerules."

At that, you are suddenly surrounded by a blue glow and smashed against the wall. Your opponent smirks, replying: "I exist outside the rules. Your actions won't be erased..."

You get out of the you-shaped hole as you yell,

"The buck does that mean!"

Your opponent's grin gets...bigger somehow (weird mask) as he says,

"Oh nothing, just ribbing ya."

You just growl at him as you charge at him. You manage to dodge the bones headed your way and make it up to him. You think he gains a surprised look as you bring your hoof back and yell,

Lord Sergal's Comment

Kersey's Comment

"FALCON PUNCH!"

Your flaming fist heads right for the guy's face...only for him to sidestep out of the way! Your eyes widen in surprise as he says,

"What? You think I'm just gonna stand still and let you hit me?" he jeers as one of the skulls floats up and opens its mouth. The inside of the skull lights up and a beam blasts out at you, missing only by a few centimeters.

You jump back a few feet away from him with a calm look on your face, in your mind however...

"THE BUCKING SKULLS USE BUCKING LASERS?! HOW THE BUCK DOES THAT EVEN WORK?!

Why you silly bug, with magic of course!

Your eye twitches at this as you think,

NOT NOW DRUGGY!

Oh sure, I'm the druggy? What about smokey here?

What about him? you think annoyed as you dodge yet bone attack.


He's trying to smoke a blue saphire...and it is hilarious...*Snort* *Chuckle*

He's what? Why? Where did he even get one?

This Heisenburro...his hubris is his downfall...but his Blue Sky crystals...shall grant power... he highly spouts.

Your eye twitches

You let him watch Baking Bad?! you think as you yet again dodge an attack.

I thought it would scare him...Selena says downcast.

You facehoof at this and start to berate her...when all of a sudden, you are struck by one of the bone attacks and thrown through a pillar.

"OW! Gorramit!!"

"YA! GET DUNKED!" Masky yells.

This is fine...just die already so I can go home...I'd put you in a barrel of acid myself if I could...you hear Sombra say.

You quickly airbend the smoke off of your coat before you angrily think back at him

Oi! Zambini! Not sure if you noticed, but you're in my mind!

Yeah...so...?

Well if I die, you're coming with us! you angrily rant as you dodge out of the way of another blast.

Oh noooooooo....he moans without yelling before he suddenly stops and starts laughing.

What's so funny?

Souls of darkness may be bound...but shadows of might have no master...Who is possessing who? he highly contemplates again.

I feel like that's supposed to make sense...but he's got a lit Saphire in his mouth...Oooo, Shiny Lasers! Selena adds.

You once more dodge, but this time, one of your coat tails gets singed. Deciding you've had enough, you hold up your arms and yell.

"HOLD IT!!!" Which causes Masky to stop. You then decide to voice your question in calm, conducted manner.


"The buck was that you bucking buck!?! Fricken Laser Beams! Seriously?!"

Did I say calm? I meant rude, my bad.

Anyway, your opponent gives off a strange sound that you think is a laugh before he says,

"Gaster Blasters, best fake bone lasers money can buy, now hold still so I can zap ya again!"

With that he...

JustYuki's Comment

Levitates hundreds of bones and charging Gaster blasters.

He smirks,

"Dodge this."

He lets go and the bones whizz at you like arrows as the Blasters fire.

"Do a barrel roll! Hehe", Selena giggles

Your eyes widen in surprise at this as you think,

That's it!

"PHSYCO CRUSHER" You announce, soaring straight through the storm of Bones. The Bones crumble and brake as they come in contact with you.

The hooded pony just stands there looking dumbfounded at what you did, until he realizes that you're going to hit him. He leaps out of the way, barely dodging your attack, landing on a pile of Bones and skulls. You, however, keep going and crash into the wall behind him.

"Ugh," you moan, your head buried in the crack-filled column.

As you get your head un-stuck from the wall and spit out some of the wall that got into your mouth, you can't help but think,

It doesn't matter what I try hitting him with he keeps leaping out of the way. And what's that humming sound!?

You get out of the rubble and open your eyes...

Only to look into the glowing mouths of charging Gaster Blasters.

"Oh Buck!"

You panic and quickly buck the columns behind you. The columns give out and fall into a Criss-Cross pattern.

The Gaster Blasters fire. A blinding light fills the room and you feel an intense heat singeing the edges of your chitin.

The light fades, and you lower your forelegs, and see that the columns had taken most of the fire. They are now scorched black and complete vaporized.

"Oh Luna, this guy's gonna kill me!" You say through heavy breaths.

"Yep!"

Bones whizz at you but you jump out of the way. One bone manages to get you making another hole in your leg. You fall to the ground and shout in pain,

"BUCK!"

You look at your leg to see the hole already beginning to heal (thank you healing factor), but you can still feel the pain.

"Oh...MotherBucker!" you yell at him as you seem him through the hole in your leg.

OK, how the buck do I hit this guy?

Maybe you should wait till he falls asleep?

That doesn't help! No...I gotta go fast, and keep dodging...hope he gets sloppy, it's all I got!

You then rush forth and perform another Psycho Crusher through the hail of bones.


POV Change: THE HOODED OPPONENT (Silver Strange)

I need to be more careful, he almost got me with his "Psycho Crusher", you think while trying to catch your breath.

The bones and Gaster Blasters were starting to take a toll on your magic reserves as made clear by the growing migraine that wrecked your head.

Remember your training.

Your body began to subconsciously move in your battle stance. Stance wide. Legs bent. Head pointed at opponent yet aware of your surroundings.

Access the situation.

I'm fighting a bounty hunter in a long hallway with levitational bones and Gaster Blasters at my disposal. My orders are to take him out or at least waste his time.

"Would you kindly burn!?"

You leapt in the air, escaping the blazing inferno below you. It burned some of your tail though.

Huh. He can shoot balls of fire too? Nice.

You materialize a floating platform of bones under you, as soon you landed you prepared your Gaster Blaster and bones.

They shoot forwarded to attack him, albeit less aggressively and predictable.

Study the opponent.

It was safe to assume he was an Earth Pony since he showed no signs of flying or using magic spells. He clearly had some form of magic though, just not from spells. He could perform some martial art moves like the Falcon Punch and his Physco Crusher, and shoot fireballs from his hooves-

Your opponent slid under the volley of bones, with power crackling in his hooves pointed at you, he unleashed his of own volley of purple lightning.

Thinking quickly you formed a web of bones that absorb the purple assault.

"Just how many powers do you have!? You've already tried to Falcon Punch me in the face, ignored gravity with your 'Pyscho Crusher' and now you shoot fireballs and thunderbolts from you hooves! Your like some poorly made Mary Sue!" You shout at him.

BrownDog's Comment

POV Change: Bugze

"I'm a Dude! And my name sure as heck ain't Mary!" you respond indignantly to the masked weirdo.

"Not it's a literary trope, it means you're a poor character that has everything and everyone loves/hates them. Plus you've got all these freaking powers! It's not fair!"

"Fair?! Buddy, I EARNED these powers through an intense childhood full of videogames and sorrow...also by making very poor decisions...but yeah, and as for the Hate and Love I get, I'm about 25% to blame for that, the other 75% is from Lady Luck, so take it up with her!" you yell as he dodges another yet another Falcon Punch.

He sends more bones at you in response.

“Where the heck do you guys keep getting these kinds of weapons?! Seriously,who manufactures Bone Weapons in mass quantity?”

“Oh well Kichi knows another Knight out in Applewood, and he’s got access to all kinds of good stuff.”

“Another Knight?! Who?!” you ask

You see your enemy frown, “Whoops, wasn’t supposed to let anything slip. Forget I said anything and Get Dunked On Filthy Bounty Hunter!” he shouts and sends more bones at you.

After avoiding another of the Gaster Blasters, you manage to send out an ice blast.

“Would You Kindly CHILL THE BUCK OUT!!!” you shout. The ice blast hits him in the skull face, knocking the mask off…and what you see underneath causes you to gasp.

“You broke my sick mask you jerk! My recruiters gave me that!” snarls the changeling.

“You-you-you’re a changeling?” you sputter.

He scowls, “Yeah! So what if I am? What, a changeling can’t hold a job outside the Hive? You bucking speciest.”

He gears up for another attack, but you ask him another question.

“How long have you been unbound?”

He falters.

“How long since you were connected to the Hive Mind?”

“How do you even know about that?” he asks.

“Because Iiiii…know a guy that knows about this kind of stuff…yeah…” you catch yourself.

“Well it’s been almost 3 years for your information…not that it matters anymore, my time with the Knights has been way better. Plus, there’s even a few other changelings within the ranks I can hang with.”

Your eyes widen.

“There are? Who? Is…” you choke up before asking, “Is there any named Sin, Vicki, Biff, Tannen or Mongo?” you ask, hoping that maybe they lived.

“Never heard of them, so far all I know is that it’s Me, Kichi, and…”

“Kichi’s a Changeling?!” you shout.

His eyes widen again before he facehooves with a “D’Oh! I let more info slip! Shut up and forget already!” he yells as he sends the bone attack at you.


ELSEWHERE

Kichi has his face in his hoof and is shaking his head in disappointment while watching the battle.

“Way to go Brown Dog and Snap Drake. Your noob just exposed himself, me, and even Solarkness and his movie props to this Bounty Hunter. Ugh, why did I even ask you guys for help?”

He then looks at the battle screen more inquisitively.

“But then again, he did bring up some info on you Crimson Vengeance…how do you know about being Unbound? And who were those Changelings you named off?” he then looks at the screen closely at CV’s eyes.

“They are blue…could he be…?"


BACK AT THE FIGHT

After more epic dodging (Thanks Applejack) you see Silver starting to sweat.

“Just give up already, we both know I’m going to win this!” you proclaim.

“No! I may have failed in killing Michael Beigh, but I won’t fail in wasting your time!” he declares.

“Wait, YOU’RE the reason his house blew up?”

“Yeah, and I would’ve gotten away with it too if he wasn’t a freaking Pyro Mancer.”

“Then you’re the reason why he was inspired to make more Transformare movies, why my childhood is being crapped on again, WHY SHIA LAHOOF IS GETTING MORE ACTING GIGS!!!” you roar, as your eyes slightly tint orange.

Ooohhh…that was a nice tickle...do it again... Selena coos in response.


The changelings eyes widen at what you've said.

“Oh Sweet Celestia! You’re right! What have I done?!” he screams to the heavens. His screaming gives you a shot to rush up and deck him in the face, which knocks him on the floor.

"OW! Why you..." he starts before you jump on top of him.

“Why?! Why?! WHY?!” you yell as you rain blows on his face, causing his head to repeatedly hit the ground hard.

"I...duh..." he mumbles out, which isn't a good enough answer for you. You Shadow Whip him into the air, before whiplashing him back into the ground, causing a crater to form and finally knocking him out.

“Why didn’t you finish him off?!” you whimper to the defeated Knight as you realize how bad those movies are going to be.

Shaking your head, you realize something.

“I just beat up my first Crimson Knight…and he’s a Changeling…that’s got to be a bonus or something when I turn him in.” You then search his coat and find the first key, which just so happens to be shaped like a pixilated cartoon heart. It has a string going through the handle, making a loop. You decide to wear it like a necklace to keep track of it.

You also check for the Knights symbol on him to make sure he is actually apart of them and not just some mercenary. Finding their symbol stitched inside his cloak and tattooed on his thigh, you also happen to find his id, and learn that his name is Silver Strange.

Huh, what a strange name for a changeling....

Even I'm not drugged enough to laugh at that.

OH HUSH UP! IT WAS CLEVER OKAY!

Putting his id back, you then manacle and duct tape the knocked out changeling. You then go into your Inventory to Borrow Nightshade's Inventory.
Luckily, you see Nightshade resting peacefully in her bed so you just take it.

“Well thank goodness for small miracles,” you sigh in relief.

She is anything but small…she’s more medium sized...Selena druggedly contemplates.

“Yes…yes she is…” you chuckle before shoving the Changeling into your second set of bags and placing them on your back.

You then look around at all the damage caused in your fight and smirk.

“Well Silver, whoever loaned you to Kichi made a poor decision. Whoever you are, you are not getting him back. It’s probably not the last bad decision you’ll make.”


SOMEWHERE ELSE

The Brown Dog suddenly jerks up from his bottle of Jack Spaniels and yells,

“Holy Balls! I’ve finally figured it out!”

Snap Drake looks over at the Diamond Dog and asks

“What? What’d you figure out?”

“How to stop Michael Beigh! Why didn’t I think of it before?”

Snap Drake perks up hearing that and listens intently.

“OK, Spill it, how?”

“Alright, if Neighsan giant monster movies have taught us anything, it’s what?” he asks.

“That the sub is almost always better than the dub?” SD responds.

“That, and that the only way to beat a giant monster, is with another giant monster!”

“Where you going with this?”

“The only way to stop a bad director, is with another bad director."

“That…might actually work…So, what? We sick Pony Wiseau on him?” Snap Drake guesses.

“No, it has to be a director just as bad as him, but who somehow keeps getting work.”

Snap Drake thinks for a moment before his eyes widen in knowledge. Brown Dog smiles and nods as they both say at the same moment.

“M. Night Shamalamadingdong…”

“Oh Celestia…this will be the most epic twist ever! We’re gonna have to make them hate each other!” Snap Drake says excitedly.

“Exactly! Then they will battle to the death and whoever wins will be weakened, and we can take them out easily.”

“Sounds Like a Plan!”

“Heck Ya!”

They then clink their drinks together and chug.

They then look around the almost empty bar.

“Say, where the heck is Silver at?” Brown Dog asks.

“We let Kichi borrow him remember?”

“Oh yeah…BALLS!” the diamond dog shouts suddenly feeling around his cloak.

“What?”

“I forgot to get the last greasy Kersey check off him. I’ve got nothing on me.”

Snap Drake checks his own pockets.

“Me neither.”

Both Knights look at the suspicious bartender.

“Bail, BAIL!!!” they both shout and run out the door as the bartender yells at them.


Back to Freddy’s

As you pull yourself out of the Woolie Hole, you see Flash Sunshine sitting their expectedly.

“Did you find your key?” he asks.

“Yeah, yeah I did," you say flashing the heart necklace, "now I gotta find the other two challenges...which means I have to leave the safety of this bathroom."

“Well, I just remembered something. I heard Kichi talking a lot about that Creepy Puppet out in the Balloon Colt Room…maybe there’s something there?” Sunshine suggests.

“Well, I got no other options, might as well, sit tight,” you say as you exit into the silent hallway. You think you see a massive pink and white mechanical leg at the end, but when you blink and look back, there’s nothing.

“I hate this place…” you mutter as you look for the Puppet Room.

Sneaking your way down the hallway, you're surprised that you don't run into the animatronics, but you don't question it. You reach the Balloon Colt Room, and inside you see the Puppet's Box sitting in the corner and a jukebox playing a melody. Impending Dread washing over you, you walk over and lift the lid of the box...and there's nothing inside but another deep dark hole.

"Another one? Ugh, maybe I should grab a flashlight or someth-" you turn around and stare right into the face of the creepy Puppet who reaches out for you.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!" you yell as you trip backwards into the hole. After falling for a moment, you hit the bottom with an "Oomph!"

You stand up and look around, but thankfully the creepy animatronic did not follow you. Suddenly, a light comes on above a red door with a sign on it.

"Oh, like that isn't obvious," you mutter and walk over.

The sign reads.

I Hope You Like Soul Crushing Puzzle Minigames!

Your pupils shrink at that. Many were the hours you spent trying to solve evil monstrous puzzles, bringing the best of games to a stand still. You start shaking back and forth in dread as you mumble,

"Puzzles...So many puzzles..."


What do you do?


Outro:

Author's Note:

Get your thinking cap on Bugze, it's time for Puzzles!

Hey Hive Mind, DWC here!

As it was oh so subtly pointed out, Challenge 2 is puzzles. So what puzzles will you put on the other side of the door? From classic ones from Resident Evil and Silent Hill, to the infuriating ones from Assassin's Creed and Point and Click Adventures, Video Games have employed these little head scratchers. Go nuts.

Also, for those of you who don't know. I have posted a 2 Year Anniversary Contest blog, so if any of you are interested go ahead and check it out!
Now, let's chapter question answer is...

Yandere Simulator

Thank you JoeyJumper94 for this answer! Now while this game is still technically in development and all that, it still has promise of a great stealth game in the making. Now I like Undertale as well, but killing a lot a people in Yandere Simulator is a lot less feels exploding in one chest then Undertale's Genocide path.

(DWC does not approve of the actions taken in Yandere Simulator. Killing, maiming, torturing, bullying, and slaughtering ones peers in the name of love is not morally right or legal, so please do not follow this games example for how to handle your love life.)

This chapters question is...

What was the most infuriating puzzle you ever came across in a video game?

This has been DWC, signing off!

PreviousChapters Next