• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 3,200 Views, 1,640 Comments

Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 3: Tyrants, Terrorists, and Tiaras, Oh My! - Down with Chrysalis



The continued adventures of you, Bugze the Changeling! (Comment-Driven Story)

  • ...
21
 1,640
 3,200

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 8: Smiling Faces, Smiling Faces Tell Lies...

Kichi’s Comment

TheRutherford’s Comment

JoeyJumper’s Comment

"Welcome to Sunny Town, little filly!" says the stallion with a creepy smile.

“Sunny Town?” you ask still a little taken aback by his lack of a cutie mark.

“Yup, our own little corner of paradise. My name is Grey Hoof. What’s your name?” he asks leaning in.

“Uhhh…” you mumble backing away from him. “My name is…” you look over yourself trying to remember what name you used in the Crystal Empire. You don’t know why, but you don’t feel like you should give your real name to this guy. But as you look over yourself, you notice something.

Oh buck. I didn't disguise myself yet! You mentally panic. You turn towards the stallion, who is still giving you that creepy smile.

Maybe he hasn't noticed my wings yet. I will keep my wings against my side until I can disguise myself and then…

"Oh, and what does it mean when you have wings and a horn?" Grey Hoof asks.

Buck!

“I-it’s because I’m an alicorn,” you stutter.

“Allie…Corn? Huh, never heard of one of those before,” he ponders.

“Wait really? Princess Luna, Celestia and Cadance are all alicorns.

“Huh, never heard of them either,” he says with a hoof to his chin.


Wow, I must have teleported us clear out of Equestria, guess I don’t have to worry about disguising way out here, you think.
You then see him squinting in thought, and you feel like it’s time to change the subject before he asks for your name again.

"Yeah... Well... I didn't know there was a town out here in this forest. I was only searching for ingredients for vegetable soup and stumbled on this place” you explain.
He perks up hearing this,

“Well we’re awfully glad you did little filly, we love company.”

“Well…do you have any vegetable soup, or any ingredients? I really need to get back to my daddy.”

"I’m sure somepony around here does, and of course you can go when you want but maybe you can stay awhile? Today is the anniversary of our town. We have wonderful games" he says pointing to several activities

"Yes but my daddy..." you start

"We have lots of ponies that would like to meet you and we even have wonderful shows" says Grey Hoof pointing to a stage that has a clown pony making tricks with balloon.
You shiver slightly seeing the clown.

"That’s nice and all but the problem is that my daddy is waiting so..."

"And we also have great food!" he adds pointing to a table that has a great quantity of Carnival Food on it.

"Food?...” you stop as your eyes widen. “I suppose I can stay a little and- CHOCOLATE CAKE!!!!" you shout leaping at the baked good on the table.



One Pig Out Session Later



After awhile of eating every bit off non-healthy food you could find.

“Buck My Diet! I helped save the Crystal Empire. I deserve this dang it!”

And stuffing what you couldn’t finish into your inventory for later.


Tons of Carnival Food Added To Inventory


You decide to head out.

“Maybe Daddy will get better with lots of cake,” you ponder as you try to exit, before being stopped by Grey Hoof.

"Do you like the party little one?" he asks.

"Errr... Yes? It is kind of the first place I’ve been where noling reacts to my eating habits…” you say looking back at the blank flank adults who continue on with the party as if nothing’s happened, “…like at all. But my daddy is a little ill so I'm going to need to check up on him."

"Of course. I will not stop you, you are free to leave when you want, but maybe you can play a little? Come on, what’s a couple of minutes?" he asks.

"I-Well... I'm not sure…"

"Come on, only a couple of games. You are after all the second guest of honor today.”

"Second Guest of Honor? But you just met me" you say confused.

"Yes but we’re a small town and we LOVE visitors. Come on, I’m sure you and the other Filly that came here would love to stick around for a bit,” he pleads.

“Wait, other filly? Do you mean that blonde maned one that kept running away from me in the fog?”

“There’s no fog, it’s a nice sunny day here in Sunny Town. We have no other weather,” he happily says.

“Yeah, but-.”

“And no. The other filly was yellow and had a pink bow in her red mane, oh she was so charming,” he says.
That description makes your eyes widen in shock.

“Applebloom?...”




POV Change: Bugze


You sit there on the couch, waiting for the ten minutes to be up so you can go look for Nightshade. And since all you have is time at the moment, you sit and reflect, rather irritably on your situation.

Kropsling’s Comment

BrownDog’s Comment

“Well this really sucks. Not only am I wanted again for the damage I did back at the Crystal Empire, but now even more ponies hate my guts…probably even my friends.” From what Nightshade described, Cadance, Fluttershy, Flash, and even Pinkie Pie seemed scared of what you did. This thought just makes you more angry.


“ Really this is getting bloody ridiculous! Why can't I just have a normal life without having someling trying to kill me?!” you shout.

“Everyling keeps on saying that it was my fault for everything!..Well some of the damage was me, but I didn’t plan for any of this!” you snarl.

“I mean after the wedding they all attacked me and never even gave me a chance to explain myself, and it’s never stopped! Also when I try to have a normal life the next thing I know I get attacked or do something good which causes me to get in trouble!” you growl feeling cheated.


“All I wanted from The Doctor was information but I didn’t get any! All I got was more questions, a lifetime of nightmares and regret with only an apology and abandonment to seal the deal!” you bellow.


"And for the last Bucking Time, Why does everyling think I Can Brainwash others?! I’ve said it a hundred bucking times that I can't do that. Why can't they get that through their thick bucking heads?!” you yell as you slam the table.

As you slam your hoof after venting the pent up anger you’ve been carrying, you notice a faint orange glow upon them and you realize that your eyes are starting to glow causing you to panic.

“N-No, no no no! Calm Down Bugze, Calm down…” you say aloud as you start counting to ten and breathing slowly.

“Calm down, Calm down…” you chant because you do not want to use your cloak and hurt Selena.
After getting to ten, you see that the orange glow is gone and you let out a sigh of relief, before shame washes over you.



“Gorramit. I’ve got to keep myself calm. I lost control when I got livid back at the empire, and everyling else paid for my stupidity…” you chide.

“I mean, I can’t even remember any of it happening, and it’s all because I got angry. I hurt all those ponies, alienated my friends/frenemies, Ate that guy, and almost drained Selena to death…why? Why is this happening?” you ask as you choke up. A few tears form in your eyes as you look down in sadness.

"This is hopeless everyone hates me… even Cadence, I know she does. I have no friends or allies. Noling who can save me when I screw up,” you wallow in self pity. “All I have left is Nightshade…and even still I frightened her…I forced her to fight me…” you sniffle.

“All I can do now is make sure that I don’t get angry and lose control again…which is going to be hard seeing as how it’s me. Dang it, I knew I should have gone to more than one of Twilight’s stupid Anger Management classes.”

You then look at your hooves, “I have to change up my fighting style. I have to get better at regular fighting so that the Cloak won’t be my immediate go to. I can’t be that monster again…” you conclude.

You then sigh, “OK, I can’t keep dwelling on the past like this. I have to just move forward as best I can. Right now, it should almost be time to go look for Nightshade.”
You then look up from your hooves to the clock and see…

GreyRebl’s Comment

“IT’S ONLY BEEN ONE BUCKING MINUTE?!” you yell.
“How is that even possible?! Does self pity make time go slower?”
You then gaze intently at the clock, and it does seem as if the second hand is going super snail speeds just to mock you.


“Are you trying to test me clock? Because I will not be bested. They say that time is a constant, that goes in directions unfathomable to intelligent beings, and that it's an unstoppable force with no end. But I have traveled through time. I have been to an entirely different universe! I have been the bug who has waited many long months for the next installment of Fallout! I have survived against the rush and demands of battle! So I will endure 9 more minutes of your treachery!”

After saying that epic speech to the clock, the second hand has only moved 3 spaces, and seems to pause again.

"Gah! I can't take it! How am I going to wait 10 minutes?!" you cry admitting defeat.
To mock you further, the second hand seems to go backwards.

“Ugh, Buck You Father Time! You’re almost as bad as your daughter Lady Luck!” you curse.
You then scan through the room for something, anything to relieve your anxiety. You eye catches The Inventory and all the things you have stored in it.

"...I guess I can catch up on my reading,” you say as you pull out one of the Sherclop Holmes novels. “Good thing I didn’t throw all of them out,” you say as you begin to read.



POV Change: Nightshade

After Grey Hoof told you about the other filly, you began to search through the town.

“It can’t be Applebloom…can it? What would she even be doing out here?” you wonder as you wander around.
“I’ll get back to Daddy soon, but I have to check this out.”

BrownDog’s Comment

As you roam, you see two ponies a mare and a stallion talking to the right. The stallion gives her a red jewel and she blushes. They then start making lovey dovey noises to each other.

“Bleh, get a room you two, everyling can see you,” you chide as you walk past rolling your eyes.
You wander past a house and hear a mare crying from inside, but you ignore it since you know it’s not Applebloom.
As you wander the town and see all the party festivities, still having no luck with the vegetable soup, another thing pops out at you besides everyling’s lack of a cutie mark.


“Where the buck are all the kids at?” you wonder. All you see are adults, but no teenagers, and no kids like you. Not even babies.
A shiver of dread washes over you for some reason, so you start double timing it looking for the yellow filly.
You then stop and think about your situation more clearly.



“What am I doing? Daddy needs his food. Who knows what he’ll get up to by himself,” you worry.



Back with Bugze

You look up from your book.
“Dang, that Baskerville Hound is creepy,” you say before looking to the clock and seeing only 2 minutes have passed.

“Oh Come On!”



Back to Nightshade

“Even if that filly is Applebloom, what am I going to do? She thinks Unicorn me is dead and I can’t let her know otherwise. I already broke that rule with Spike…oh I hope he’s OK…” you worry before shaking your head.

“Still, if it is her, I’d like to see her, even if it’s just from a distance,” you say as you look through the crowd of adults.
“Although finding her is going to be like looking for a needle in a-.”

“Nightshade?!” asks a familiar, albeit shocked voice from right behind you. You quickly turn around and see one of your fellow Cutie Mark Crusaders across the road from you.


You resist the urge to Squee in happiness over seeing one of your friends and are about to call out her name…until you realize again that you’re supposed to be undercover. You realize it’s too late to disguise yourself, but as the filly runs closer, she looks confused.

“Oh wait, I’m sorry, I thought you were somepony else,” she says as her face looks crestfallen.

“Oh it’s OK, I get that a lot,” you tell her, trying not to break down and hug her and blow your cover.

“But land’s sake, you look almost like a friend of mine. She was a unicorn, not an alicorn like you, do you have any Unicorn family?”

“N-no, not that I know of,” you tell her.

“Ah shoot. Well anyway, My name is Applebloom and…WAIT A MINUTE!” she cries out startling you.
“Are you a princess?!”

“Umm…”

“Cuz every Alicorn I ever met was a princess. And you’re a Blank Flank like Everypony else here. Do you rule this place? How old are…” Applebloom starts listing off before you shove your hoof in her mouth and stop the questions.

“One question at a time Applebloom,” you groan.

“Oh, sorry,” she says taking your hoof out of her mouth.

“And to answer your questions, No I am not a princess…at least I don’t think I am,” you admit since you don’t know how royalty works.

Mom’s a Princess, so what does that make me? You think before focusing back on your dear friend.

“Yes I’m a blank flank and no I don’t rule this place, I only just got here like you did,” you tell her, “And I’d like to keep my age to myself, thank you very much,” you tell her. You’ll be 3 in a few months, but that’s not something you want to admit.

“Oh, alright then. Sorry for jumping to conclusions and stuff. By the way, I didn’t catch yer name,” says Applebloom.

“It’s uh…”

Quick, Think of Thesaurus, Think of Thesaurus!


“Evening…Shadow?”

DOH! I already used Shadow before! Stupid Stupid Stu-

“Well it’s nice to meet you Evening,” she says with a smile.

You stop your mental berating and smile as you lunge forward and hug her.

“It’s nice to see you aga-I mean, meet you too,” you tell her.



After parting from the hug, she asks, “So Evening, what brings you out to Sunny Town?”

“Well my Daddy is sick and we ran out of food, so I went out looking for vegetable soup and kind of just ended up here. How about you?”

“Well, I was out visiting my friend Zecora for awhile, and then when I was coming back, I kind of wandered off and…”

“Wait a minute! Zecora’s Hut is around here?!” you scream.

“Well, around here SOMEWHERE I kind of got lost. How do you know Zecora?” she asks.


“My Daddy knows her. So are you telling me we’re in the Everfree Forrest?!”

“Eyup,” she says.

“Holy Heck! So Ponyville isn’t too far away then right?”

“Well I don’t know how far away it is. I got lost. I didn’t even know there was a town out here. Certainly not one made up entirely of Blank Flank adults.”

“Yeah…these guys around here are kind of creepy. I can’t put my hoof on why though,” you say in contemplation.

“Neither can I. I asked one of them about it, and they acted like they never even heard of a Cutie Mark before,” says Applebloom.

“Yeah, they didn’t even know what an Alicorn was or even who the Princesses were,” you add.

“Now that IS odd. How can a place called Sunny Town not know who Princess Celestia is?”

“Exactly, and where are all the kids at?” you ask looking around, “Why aren’t they partying?”

“I don’t rightly know…but now that you mention it…” Applebloom shivers as she looks around.

You realize now that you’re not the only one thinking things are creepy, and now might be the time to leave.



“Yeah…well anyway I haven’t had much luck finding veggie soup for my daddy, but now that I know Zecora is somewhere around here, then that settles that. You think you can lead me back to where she was?”

“Um…maybe. We probably should leave before it gets dark, but I have to see what that filly wanted.”

“Filly?” you ask.

“Yeah, there was this pale Filly I saw in the woods. I kept following her and I ended up here,” says AB.
Your eyes widen at that.


“Did she have a yellowish mane?” you ask.

“Yeah she did. Why? Did you see her?”

“I did! She led me right to this town a little while ago while I was in the woods.”

“Huh, she must have doubled back when I gave Roneo his jewel for Starlet.”

“Who?” you ask.

“That stallion that’s with that mare over there,” she points to the couple with the red jewel.

“Oh, lovey and dovey, gotcha,” you say as you motion for her to continue.

“After I gave it to him, I heard crying coming from inside his house, and there was a mare in there named Ritta. She was crying and wailing about something happening again and again, and she was holding a crank for some reason. I just let her be” Applebloom explains.

“Weird…so this filly led both you and me here huh? She’s got to be here somewhere…”

“Well I thought I saw her walk back into the woods near Three Leave’s house, but then I got distracted because I thought that you were…” she starts before closing her eyes and looking at the ground and sighing before looking back up. “But yeah, she just went over there.”

“Well what are we waiting for then?” you ask.

“What about your soup?” she asks.

“Eh, my daddy will be fine for another few minutes,” you say as Applebloom leads you down another path into the woods.





POV Change: Bugze


“Man, screw Moriarty,” you mumble as you look up to the clock.

It now says 12:15.

“That’s…NOT…POSSIBLE!!!” you whine at the clock before picking it up and shaking it.

With your hooves around it, you realize something is off. You turn the clock around and see that it is missing several gears and pieces.

“This thing has been broken the whole time?!” you shout as you throw it across the room and against the wall, shattering it.

“OK, calm down Bugze…calm down…” you say as you get your breathing under control.

Once you do, you look up at the door.

Kersey’s Comment

“Screw it,” you mutter before heading to the door, or rather shuffle as you still feel incredibly weak. You pause as you see how foggy it is through the window.

“Huh. Looks creepy outside…and chilly,” you say before digging into the inventory.

You pull out the Power Glove and put it on.
“Would You Kindly Be Prepared?” you say as your glove switches to default mode Shock Jockey.

You then decide to put on some clothes, but pause. El Hunko’s suit and hat are kind of damaged, but at the same time, you don’t want to wear your Nobody Cloak or your Tennant outfit.

You decide that it’s your only choice, but with the damage the clothes have sustained, it looks like El Hunko has hit some hard times and become a Hobo.

“Ugh, what I wouldn’t give for a can of beans right now,” you mutter.

Now as Hobo Hunko with your Power Glove at the ready, you open the door.

BrownDog’s Comment

As you walk out the front door and into the fog, you find a box.

“Huh? What’s this?” you ask.

On top of the box is a letter, just like the one you found inside.

P.S. Couldn’t exactly fit this under the couch in there, but you know me, I don’t leave a letter without a little helpful gift. And this one is particularly Groovy. Enjoy, and good luck.
A Friend.

“Ugh, if I ever find the Doctor again, I am going to ask him about who the Buck You are ‘Friend-O’”

You then look in the box and gasp. For inside is a Diamond Tipped, Stainless Steel Beauty of a Red Chainsaw.

“Whoa…it’s cool and all, but what the heck am I going to do with this? Become a Lumberjack?” you ask aloud.

Stuffing the Chainsaw into your bags


Chainsaw Added to Inventory


You hobble down the path in the fog, you realize how silent and creepy everything is.

“I am a tough bug…I am a tough bug…” you say to yourself unconvincingly.

Eventually you see a small figure up ahead.

“Nightshade?!” you call out, but the figure continues to walk away.

“Alright…just a trick of the light, nothing sinister at all…” you say aloud trying to convince yourself. It fails.


After following what you think is your daughter’s hoof prints, and the sometimes appearing Filly Figure, you wander into a brightly lit town where a bunch of ponies are throwing a party.


“What the buck? Where did all this come from?” you ask aloud.

“Well hi there sir, and Welcome to Sunny Town! My name is Grey Hoof” says a stallion.

You look at the guy quizzically because he has a creepy smile. Your mind screams Stranger Danger, but you force yourself to talk to him.


“Hey buddy, you seen a little dark purple-bluish filly come through here?”

“Why yes I did. Such a charming little Allie Corn girl. I told her to go ahead and participate in the festivities and I think she did,” he says smiling.

You sigh in relief and look around at the food on the tables and your stomach growls.

Kersey’s Comment

You realize that you are absolutely bucking starving. It’s understandable since the last thing you remember eating was that Spinach two and a half days ago.

“Go ahead, help yourself,” he says.

“Well, don’t mind if I do,” you say happily walking to the nearest table.
You then begin to shovel food into your mouth. From cakes, to pies, and everything in between, you keep gourging and gourging with no sign of stopping.

“Huh, I’ve never had this big of an appetite before. I know I’m hungry, but dang, I’m eating just like Nightshade before I put her on her diet.”

You then guzzle a nearby Butterbeer, (SWEET!) before belching loudly.
“Maybe 2 and a half years of having an Alicorn in my head has finally caught up to me,” you say giddily, as you are handed a pie by a smiling mare.

“Huh, what a nice bunch of ponies, guess I was being paranoid for nothing…wait…where the heck are all their cutie marks?”



POV Change: Nightshade.


You and Applebloom followed the trail that led to the North Exit of the town, and immediately found yourselves back in the woods, with fog surrounding everything.

“This place sure is creepy,” AB mumbles.

“Yeah, I mean it was just sunshine and warmth and now it-THERE SHE IS!” you shout pointing to the mysterious filly as she wanders the trail.

“Hey!” shouts Applebloom.

“Get Back Here Missy! Who the heck are you?!” You shout as you both begin chasing her.
Eventually the trail ends a dark spooky looking house which is even more run down than the one you left Daddy at.
Applebloom reaches the door the filly went into first.


“Shoot, it’s locked!” she says after pulling and pushing on the door a bit before looking around.
“Hmm…there might be a key around here some-.”

“HEYAH!” you shout as you Falcon Kick the door off it’s hinges.

“…That works too,” Applebloom says as she follows you inside.

Inside, the house is dark and rotten, and completely quiet.

“Hello? Anypony?” you say aloud, your voice echoing.

“Um…sorry about your door, we’re not going to hurt you,” says Applebloom.


Suddenly, you both see movement over by the fireplace. You both look to each other and nod before heading over to it.

As you walk up, you both start feeling a sense of foreboding. You both peak in the fireplace and don’t see anything but an earthen floor inside it.

“What the…” you mutter before Applebloom interrupts.

“Hang on, there’s something here,” she says as she starts moving dirt away.

You see something pale white in the darkness, so you light up your horn. And when you do…


“No…NO…” cries Applebloom in terror as she backs away.
You immediately latch onto her and cry out,


“What the Buck?!”
For inside, partially burned and buried is the skeleton of a little filly.

“AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!” you both yell in horror as you hold onto each other.




POV Change: Bugze

Your ear twitches as you sense that something is wrong. That Nightshade is scared.

“Oh Buck! What am I doing stuffing my face? What am I…Uh…”
You put down the pie you were about to eat, and realize that the whole town seems to be getting darker and all the ponies have disappeared.


“Where did everyling go?” you ask before looking at your pie and seeing that it is full of maggots and rotten.

“Oh Luna No!” you cry as you throw it away and start retching.


Suddenly, you hear a distant haunting sound as the fog rolls in, and the houses around you begin to…change. Pieces of them appear to burn and melt away, as they rot and wither away.


“What the Buck, What the Buck, What the Buck?!” you panic as you back away from all the structures, and stand in the middle of town as all around you, the town transforms.
You now stand in a Nightmarish Fog Covered Darkness as the siren ends. You light up your horn, but it barely illuminates your field of vision. At first, there is no more sound, aside from your own terrified gasping.


But slowly, you start to hear a sound coming from inside your Inventory. You reach in and pull out Cadance’s Message tube, and it is crackling with erratic Static Noise.

You then hear inequine groans and shuffling coming from the darkness as the static noise increases.


“WHAT THE BUCK IS GOING ON?!” you shout.



WHAT DO YOU DO?

Author's Note:

Oh you thought it was bad enough that it was the Story of the Blanks? Well here, have a healthy dose of Silent Hill in the mix to relieve your troubles :raritydespair:

Have Fun :trollestia:

The answer to last week's question is

The Russian Sleep Experiment. Now, considering that I was sleep deprived at the time I read about it in Creepy Pasta, I was left sleepless by the sheer ensuing fear that came to me. Ironic, and it wasn't funny. I suffered the next few nights, and it took several nightly doses of Cat Therapy and Pony Harmonization to cure myself of it.

Congrats to Grey Rebl. DWC says he had Nightmares after he read it and is sorry for what you went through.
The horrifying thought that taking away normal human functions can lead to the dehumanization of people into monsters is freaking terrifying. Anyone who can read that story without getting goosebumps is either a pro...or one of them...:twilightoops:


This weeks' question is
What are your plans for Halloween?

Are you partying? Taking younger family trick or treating? Or are you fighting the system and getting free candy no matter how old you are? Let us know Hive Mind.

PreviousChapters Next