• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 3,198 Views, 1,640 Comments

Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 3: Tyrants, Terrorists, and Tiaras, Oh My! - Down with Chrysalis



The continued adventures of you, Bugze the Changeling! (Comment-Driven Story)

  • ...
21
 1,640
 3,198

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 12: Bunker Exploring Time!

BrownDog's Comment

Deciding to get some bucking answers to your questions for once, you begin to snoop through Grandbuggy's files. As you look around through Grandbuggy’s files, you find documents and pictures of several high ranking members of the Changeling Hive, and many of their subordinates. You find the locations of several changeling fallback points and the aliases of many field agents. You even find one of your old Regiment…and a picture of “Cinnamon Sugar” and her information.

“This…this is what Sin and the others wanted…” you say as you read through the material. A cringe of guilt strikes through you as you realize this.

Sure they were jerks, sure they had a beating coming, but…why didn’t I just help them? Why did I leave them to die? She was sorry. All they wanted to was to go home…I know how that feels.

You think about Appleloosa and sigh. You look back at the picture of Sin and the description of her Aliases.

“I’m sorry…” you mutter to it as you put the file away.

But with all this information, you now know where any other scattered changelings could be hiding, and what they would look like in disguise. So you start putting the files into your Inventory.

Changeling Hiding Spot's and Aliases File Added to Inventory

As you do this you can't help but think,

At least now I know some good fallback plans if I get caught. I'll just hide out either here or at one of these hiding spots for awhile. Hopefully I won't run into any family while there. Cause I know that that's just goanna be awkward.

After putting those files away you find what looks like a Bingo Book (think like the ones in Naruto). Inside the Bingo Book are pages of what looks like mug shots with red X’s over the faces of the different creatures. Next to each poster is a note in Grandbuggy’s writing.

Next to a mean looking Griffin, a note reads,

“Steel Claw: Thief. 500 Bits. This Bucker sure liked to bite.”

Next to an Earth Pony,

“Artful Dodger: Child Thieving Wring: 800 Bits. Jerk broke down crying when I busted his nose.”

Next to a Dragon,

“Gronk: Talking too loudly in Movie Theatre: 2,000 bits. Nearly got away when he spoiled Empire Strikes Back to me.”

And the list goes on and on.

“So this is where Grandbuggy got his extra bits from,” you say aloud. You always wondered how he got you your videogames and other contraband, or afforded all his cigars and booze.

As you flip through the Bingo Book, you notice that a lot of the creatures have yet to be crossed out and that some of them have some pretty big prices on their heads. You put on your thinking face as you think,

Hmmmm....this bingo book is giving me a idea. Maybe I should be a Bounty Hu-Oh what's that!

You cut your thoughts short as you see a special looking folder, and it is blue instead of the traditional vanilla. The color reminds you of the TARDIS blue color. You walk over to it while stuffing the Bingo Book into the Inventory.

Bingo Book Added to Inventory

When you reach the blue folder and open it, inside are 13 different stallions in strange garb, but one of them sticks out to you.

“Doctor?” you say looking at the 11th photograph.

You look to the others and see that they all look like his past incarnations. The two in front of him, you have not seen yet, one is a younger stallion with a fez on, and the other is an older one, with sunglasses and frizzy white hair. Also, the one between the 8th and 9th Incarnation is unfamiliar to you. He too is old, but he is grizzled and wears a bandolier and his eyes hold no joy.

“Wait…did I just spoil the next few seasons of the show for myself?” you wonder aloud.

Next to the pictures are the notes. You look over to the biggest one and read out loud,

“The Doctor: My greatest friend, and my worst enemy. Responsible for my misery, and my happiness. A liar, thief, and scoundrel, but also an honest giving saint. Being his companion comes with his ups and downs as I found out first hoof. I found new meaning to life in our travels, a new perspective. I found the one mare who was my soul mate, and subsequently lost her because of what happened. I never forgave him for how it all went down…but it was for the best. Still, the curse still follows me and mine. He owes it to me, to my family to watch over my Grandson, he promised. The Old Bastard had better follow through."

You look up in thought. This indeed proves, in his own words, that Grandbuggy knew the Doctor, but if anything, this only deepens the mystery.

“What happened? Why did the Doctor owe it to Grandbuggy? Who was that “Soul Mate” he talked about?” you say aloud before groaning.

“Grandbuggy…why did you never tell me?” you say while looking down at the file, before adding it to the Inventory.

Doctor File Added to Inventory.

Now that you've finished searching this room you decide to investigate some other rooms. As you go into the next room, you see...

Iamjustarandompony's Comment

A big empty room with nothing but a big red button on the wall. A beautiful, very pressable button that you really what want to press. But you have enough self control to not press i-

But like a siren’s song, the button calls to you. Almost hypnotically, it worms it’s way into your brain. The smooth rounded edges, the perfect shade of bright red.

“No, NO! Bad Brain! That’s exactly what the button wants you to do. I absolutely will not press it,” you say aloud.

You stare down at the temptress as if to prove a point…and it looks even more inviting.

“But then again, it’s been down here for who knows how long, just waiting for someling to push it, why shouldn’t I?” you say as you take a few steps forward.

“I mean, what could be more natural then placing my hoof on it’s smooth red exterior?”

Your hoof is mere inches away from the mystery circle.

“NO!” you cry pulling back, “You crazy bucked up button! I won’t listen to you! I kept myself from giving in to a whole group of mares, I can stop myself from pressing you!”

“What was that daddy? Who you talking too?” Nightshade calls from the another room.

“Nothing honey, just debating with myself whether or not to push a pretty red button whose purpose is totally mysterious and unknown!” you call back.

“Oh…well don’t press it, big red buttons always been kaboomy!” she calls back.

“Good point honey, but don’t worry, your old man has more self control than to *click*"

You look back and see your hoof has pressed the button in.

“Curse you hoof! Why have you betrayed me?!” you shout as you look around…and see that absolutely nothing has happened.

“Huh…” you mumble as you press the button again, and nothing happens. You then repeatedly press the button, with nothing happening.

“Well that was pointless…WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS THING?”

You can only rub your temples in annoyance as you mumble,

"Ugh...I forgot how much of a prankster Grandbuggy was. I swear I almost died from a heart attack you old bug! *sigh* I miss that old bug."

With another sigh you walk out of the prank room Grandbuggy set up and into the next one. It looks like the library from the looks of it. You can see empty bookshelves all over the room, and in the center of the room there's a signal desk. But what really catches your attention is that on the desk is...

Grey Rebl's Comment

A dusty journal. Its title reads, "Changeling Out-of-Hive Survival." The author has your grandbuggy's name under it.

"Huh, my Grandbuggy actually writes books?"

It can't hurt to read what your Grandbuggy seem to have made an effort to create. If noling else, than it has to be you. Turning and skimming through the pages, you learn a lot interesting tidbits. Inside are notes written in hoof-written ink, giving an aura of age and accomplishment the more detailed it starts to become.

One line says, Take something and make it better. That's the key to improvisation, It is a nice line, one that makes you smile a bit. After all, you've taken to create many of your own techniques based on what you've already known, starting with using your sucky airbending to enhance your fire attacks, creating many variations of your move set with your plasmids, and even when in the middle of Nightmare Mode.

You think of reading through it more thoroughly later when you have the time. However, a single section, the last section, catches your eye.

"Changeling Combat: The Vibration Method," it says.

Under the title, a forenote of this "method" is written almost meticulously, as if in ponderous thought.

Changelings, as a species, can't really survive and thrive without love, let alone put up a decent fight without it, especially by a soldier drone's standards. Even so, we'd still have our disguises, magic, wings and our resilient chitin to match up our enemies. But, even those things can't help us, not when our enemies have special qualities of their own. Experience outside of the hive has taught me that.

Admittedly, us changelings, ironically, haven't changed our methods not one bit. We haven't learned to adapt to a changing world. There was so much we could've learned if we opened up, but the current Queen was too stubborn like that. For that, compared to the outside world, the Hive was in the slums, cruel and unforgiving. ...I had to live through that. And unfortunately, so did my daughter and grandson.

So, I developed this fighting method myself for whenever I run out of love energy. It's an accumulation of my elder experience and knowledge of physics that the world outside of the hive has given me. Really, this is the one gift that I will never take for granted, especially with the many other gifts the outside had given me; True love, a sense of fulfillment, and most importantly, a life to call my own. Heh, it's kinda inspiring, really.

"I developed this style with my grandson's "useless" wings in mind.

"Good non-existent lords, I feel like too much of a nerdy old fart when I wrote that.

Never before you have seen so much emotion from Grandbuggy's words, and they are written words at that! In anticipation, you turn the page. There, written beside a photo of a punching bag with its insides spilling out, is the basis of the technique. You have to rapidly vibrate your wings, enough so that the body ends up moving, too. They don't have to fully extend, so the faulty ligament of yours will not hinder you from being about to learn it. With the vibrations, the instructions say that you must find some sort of "sweet spot" in your body to focus that vibration into a single point.

In the text, it says that it's kinda like "adding mass and velocity to your punches."

"The Infinite Mass Punch...," you whisper in horrific realization. Memories of its destructive power flashes before your eyes. With a jerk, you shut your eyes and scrunch in aggravation. A headache begins to set. "Uggh... I-I need to think over this..." So, you did.

You quickly put Grandbuggy's journal into The Inventory before you decide to...

Kersey's Comment

Clean out some of the things form The Inventory and storing it here. You might be using this bunker as a home base for awhile, so it's safe to assume that you can store your things here. Besides you have WAY too much useless stuff(and Nightshade unfortunately retrieved the stuff you threw at Sombra in an attempt at multi-tasking);

-"How to be A Gentle Colt 101" book ("El Hunko" disguise is a bust for now)
-"Kung-Fu For Dummies" book (Between the Boomstick, Power Glove, and moves you already know, you're all set on the combat front)
-All Four Sherclop Holmes Novels and all fifty-six short stories (Already read them)
-Fake Beard
-Movie Reels (Already saw them)

removed from Inventory

You put the books onto some of the shelf's, the movie reels on top of the desk, and the pen and beard into the desk.

With that all said and done you are prepared to leave the room when you see a blank piece of paper and a pen on the floor near the desk. You assume that they must have fallen off at some point. You walk over to the fallen items and are about to put them back on the desk when you get a idea.

You take a page out of Kill Billy and you decide to write down the names of those Crimson Knight Lieutenants you learned about from Nightmare Bugze universe (the mere thought of that universe causes you to shiver). As you write down the names you get a flashback to when you learned the names,

FLASHBACK NO JUTSU

"On the left are Erised the Ink-Moth and Minds Eye. They joined early on, and are some of the best ones we have. There's also Solarkness and Kichi. They're also quite good. Gray Rebl and The Rutherford are there, and though they don't do too much, when they do show up they're amazing at what they do. Near the front is Kersey. He's the most spiritually in tune with the Nightmare, and thus a good leader. And at the front is Brown Dog. He's the best of all of us, the hardest worker with the most skill. We'd be nothing without him. Of course," he coughs, "Every member does their own part, and the Horde wouldn't exist without all of them."

"Wait, wait," You interrupt. "You just gave me eight names, but there's nine ponies up there. Who's the last guy?"

"Oh, that's SnapDrakeGames. He's just... kind of a jerk. All the time."

END FLASHBACK NO JUTSU

During your writing, you reflexively write down Flag Burner's name... then sadly cross it off. Your list now reads;

Erised the Ink-Moth

Minds Eye

Solarkness

Kichi

Grey Rebl

Rutherford

Kersey

Brown Dog

Snap Drake Games

Flag Burner

With a determined glare you put the list into The Inventory as you say,

"Look out Crimson Knight Leaders, Bugzes coming for ya...eventually."

"Crimson Knight Leaders list" added to Inventory

You begin looking at the other rooms, but as you do you begin to talk to yourself,

"There's gotta be some way at hunting those Knight jerks down faster without it getting me in anymore trouble with her royal Sunbuttyness. I mean it's not like there's a job out there that pays me for hunting down criminals and outlaws for reward bit-wait a minute! There is a job like that!"

You stop in your tracks as you excitedly say,

"I'll become a bounty hun-"

BrownDog's Comment

Kersey's Comment

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Your sentence is cut off as you hear a scream come from the kitchen. You rush forth quickly to your daughter’s yells expecting danger…only to realize that she’s pointing at the near empty pantry in the kitchen.

`Shokuhin no hotondo wa papa o dainashi ni sa remasu! Gurandobagī wa, wareware wa shōgai o motte ita to nobemashita! Jinsei no jikan! NOOOOOOOO!!!! (Most of the food is spoiled Daddy! Grandbuggy said we had a lifetime! A LIFE TIME! NOOOOOOOO!!!!)" she cries dramatically.

“Calm down honey. We’ll make due,” you comfort.

Also, you find a sparring room, with punching bags and dummies and weights, and even a Kendo Stick to which Nightshade calls dibs on.

“Oh yeah, Granbuggy and his fighting lessons,” you mutter remembering when he tried to teach you to fight when you complained to him of bullies.

“I know how to fight now Old Bug,” you say as you start punching a bag, going through all your moves on it…until the room suddenly goes dark and green and blue scan lines form a grid in the room, removing all the boxing equipment and weights, and replacing them with hologram targets.

“…How in the heck does Grandbuggy have a Holodeck?!” you shout out as the holograms start to attack you.

You juke and jive from the swinging holograms, but one hits you in the gut...and it feels real.

You headbutt the hologram, causing it to disintegrate, and call out.

"Nightshade, look out, these things are..." before seeing your daughter doing Zecoraesque moves upon the holograms, disintegrating them.

"Wow...good job hon-*kick* EEEEEE" you shriek as one hologram kicks you in the nards.

Nightshade leaps over your hunched form and whacks the stallion in the head.

"Noling hits Daddy!" she yells.

While she taunts, another comes up behind her, and you reach out to warn her, and the shadow whip from earlier pops out and wraps around the hologram. You hear an angry distant growl, just like you did when you fought pyramid head, but it's not coming from the dummy.

Taking the chance, you pull the hologram towards you and uppercut it into nonexistence.

Then a voice, the same voice from the door speaks.

"Training Mode, Level Easy, Complete."

"That was easy mode?" you ask aloud still cradling your family jewels.

"Well it wasn't that difficult da..." she stops as she sees the tendril on your arm.

"Daddy? What are you doing?" she asks.

"I..uh..." you start to explain, before the tendril retracts back into your arm.

"I thought you weren't going to use the cloak anymore..." she says sounding hurt.

"I-I wasn't honey. My eyes weren't glowing see," you say as you show her.

"Oh...then what was that?" she asks.

"I have no idea, something new that's for sure" you tell her.

"Well alright then, can I keep this Kendo Stick daddy?" she asks happily.

"Of course you can," you smile back.

After moving on from the Holo Deck Room, you found what can best be described as a Stallion Cave. There is a large screen and projector, and couches in front of it, a fooseball and air hockey table, and bar. Unfortunately there is no booze.

"Well that's no surprise if Grandbuggy stopped by here," you chuckle.

Silver Strange's Comment

Also within this room are display cases with Movie Props in them. You see such props (mostly weapons) from films like Lord of the Horn Rings, Game of Stones, Star Wars, and more. Many of these weapons are clearly fake, but they have “Do Not Touch” signs on them.

You smile, because you remember the time you and Grandbuggy were in Applewood, having disguised yourselves as Stephen Steel-Bird, the famous Griffin Director, and his assistant. You both went to an auction and bought many of these props and more, before the real Steel-Bird showed up. You both then had to grab what you could and skedaddle.

“Heh…that was a good birthday,” you say with nostalgia.

Upon one pedestal however, you see a prop you don’t remember taking. It’s a long blade in a sheath that has a trigger and grip like that of a gun.“Is…is that Jetstream Sam’s sword?” you say aloud in awe.

Under the sword is the label, “Orichaclum Sword” in quotations.

You wince slightly after reading that, but you pick it up anyway.

You try to unsheathe the sword…but no matter what you do, you cannot bring it out.

“Grr! Come on you stupid thing!” you grunt.

Still, after many failed attempts you quit.

“Alright, orichalcum or not, sheathed or unsheathed, I’m still taking you with me sword. You’re too awesome not to have, even if I just have to use you as a whacking stick” you say as you place the sword in your bags.

Jetstream Sam Sword Added to Inventory

LATER

BrownDog's Comment

After wandering around a few more rooms, you both realize how tired you actually are. It had been late when you found the bunker, so you and your daughter head to the nearest bed. In the bedroom you find a picture in the desk next to the bed. In it, is a picture of a much younger Grandbuggy in a bowler hat, and next to him is a little changeling filly with dark orange hair, and no holes in her legs.
“M-mom?” you say as you touch her younger image and tear up a little.

Nightshade jumps up and looks at the photo with you.

“That changeling in the hat looks just like you, except without the hair,” she says.

You nod, “That’s Grandbuggy honey. And this little larvae here is my mother…your grandmother,” you say as you hold her close.

She smiles seeing how happy you are then asks, “What happened to her Daddy? You don’t talk about her much?”

“I…I don’t know,” you say as fog still covers those memories.



Holding your daughter close in happiness, you let out a yawn, as the exhaustion of the day finally takes a hold of you.

“Let’s get some sleep Nightshade, when we wake up, I’ll make you some of that HayBacon I saw in the freezer.”

“Mmmmm…bacon,” she then lets out her own adorable yawn before curling up next to you and passing out.

Smiling, you turn out all the lights and fall asleep.

Your dream is…Fuzzy. You were on a hill and you needed to do something, but you forgot what it was. Near a tree you see a black silhouette of a pony talking to a golden triangle, with one eye, a top hat, and a cane.

Your mind then realizes that you are in a dream, and you become lucid.

“Ugh, stupid awesome show and it’s weird release schedule,” you mumble as you decide to step away from deep sleep. You lucidly call upon the setting to change, and it does so. You find yourself back within Selena’s Bedroom. You walk over to her form and say.

“Hey, I’m back again, and have I got some news for you. I finally fixed that wound in my chest, fought some zombies and put souls to rest, and found my Grandbuggy’s legacy,” you say as you smile at her.

“Grandbuggy left me a place where Nightshade and I can finally have some peace, and where we’re not in danger, and where you-*ZAP* GGRAAGGGHHH!!!” you yell in pain as something hits you from the back causing you to lurch over the bed.

You get back up and turn around, confused and panicked as you shout.

“What the buck was-*ZAP* AAAHHH!!!” you yell as a magic bolt comes from the darkness and hits you in the chest causing you to lurch to the ground in front of the bed.

“Peace? You think you can find peace after what you’ve done?” says a dark male voice.

You look up and out of the darkness walks an angry looking Dark Grey Unicorn with long black hair. His horn however, is not the same red curve it once was, but rather a normal colored horn.

“You think you can get away scott free after you ATE me?” he roars as his eyes glow green.

Your jaw drops to the ground in shock.

“Well guess what captor, you will not be stealing my magic, nor keeping me here any longer, because It’s Time To Die!” he growls gritting his teeth.

After hearing this declaration, you have only one thing to say.

“WHAT?”

WHAT DO YOU DO!?

Author's Note:

Look's like the ex-king of the Crystal Empire is back...and in your head!

Hey Hive Mind, DWC!

This will be a all out fight, so you guys can bring in anything and do anything....anything!

Bugze's (your) new disguise has been decided! But you guys and girls won't find out till the end of this fight, so be prepared! And just so you all know I've mixed and match your comments to make the disguise, so yeah!

This weeks question is...

What was the best moment of season 3?

Now I know season 3 of the isn't the best season out there, but even the worst things have something good about them. So what do you guys and girls think season 3s is?

PreviousChapters Next