• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 3,200 Views, 1,640 Comments

Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 3: Tyrants, Terrorists, and Tiaras, Oh My! - Down with Chrysalis



The continued adventures of you, Bugze the Changeling! (Comment-Driven Story)

  • ...
21
 1,640
 3,200

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 20: A.K.A. 1,000 Video Game References In One Chapter

Opening Theme

As you both look over the warehouse district, Aqua suddenly stands up and hands you the binoculars and starts walking away.

Kichi's Comment

"Hey, where are you going?" you ask thinking that she's ditching.

She stops and looks back at you.

"Behind that tree," she points in front of her.

"For what purpose?" you ask with a suspicious look.

"Well, I gotta...you know..." she says, but you still don't get it.

She sighs and shakes her head. "I have to do private things behind that tree..." she sees your still confused/suspicious looks and adds, "Private MARE things..."

"Oh...Oooooohhhhhh..." you say in realization. "Well, carry on then," you say as you turn around, pointing the binoculars at the warehouse.

Well that wasn't awkward at all...a certain alicorn snarks.

Quiet you!

With that thought, you begin to glass the area, but you don't really see anything interesting. You see a few more griffins in the group, one of in red overalls eating a bag of mushrooms, and yellowish colored one with a floppy green hat, holding an ocarina.

"Just as I thought, these griffins will be even more dangerous to deal with."

How so?

"They're *Shudder* Cosplayers" you say in dread.

How does that make them more dangerous?

"Trust me Selena, it just does..." you say with absolutely no explanation, as you look through the binoculars again. In doing so, you spy the griffin with the ocarina again who is playing a few notes, and remember something.


"Hey, that looks like the one I got from...over there," you shudder in thought before shaking your head and start looking in your inventory.


"Ugh, where did I put that Ocarina?" you say aloud as you search through a lot of stored items.

It's then that Nightshade comes into your view sitting on her bed playing with something.

"Hi daddy, what are you searching for?" she asks.

"Uhhh, did you see an ocarina around here?"

"Oh, you mean this?" she asks holding the Ocarina in her hooves.

"Yep, that's the one," you say.

"Oh, did you need it right now? I was kind of practicing on it," she says.

"No, I don't really need it, I just wanted to compare it someone else's. And wait, you've been playing that?"

"Uh huh, you have a lot of instruments in here," she says pointing to the enchanted Fluggelhorns," but this one's my favorite. I even learned a neat trick, wanna see?"

"Sure," you say.


She smiles at that, then puts the instrument it in her mouth and begins to play a strange melody. As she does, you suddenly can't feel sunlight on your back anymore. You look up out of the inventory and see the sky rapidly darkening before a light rain begins to pour. The griffin with the Ocarina stops playing, looks up at the sky, then back down to his instrument and back, before setting it down and scooting away from it.

"Gahh! What just happened?" you yelp as you stick your head back in the inventory.

"Uhhh... I'm not sure. It just happens when I use the ocarina and that melody" she answers.

"Okay... There must be an explanation about all this... How do you exactly know about that melody?" you ask.

"Well I heard it once when Button was playing Ocarina of Time, and a few weeks ago I found this in here and decided to play with it. And then suddenly, I knew exactly how to play it," she explains.

"So you just KNEW how to play the song after only having heard it? Wow, are you like some Musical Savant Nightshade?" you ask impressed.

"I don't know, all I know is, I knew that song, and all the others too, but that rain one seems to be the only one that works."

"Alright then, sit tight then honey, we don't need you catching a cold now." You then pull your head out of the bags and ponder in the rain. Good thing your hat brim is so wide.

"Ooookay...my baby is a music wizard...but that still doesn't explain HOW this rain is happening..."

Luna...Selena says spitefully.

Huh?

That instrument is enchanted by her. The magic it possesses seems to be reacting to Nightshade...

In a good or bad way? you ask feeling nervous.

Neither, it is but a reaction. Maybe it's because of mine and Nightshade's connection to that whorse, or maybe it's because she is an alicorn...I am not certain why. The clouds though I can feel are an alicorn enchantment.

"Why do I get the feeling this is going to be a very dangerous toy?" you mutter.

Fear not, it looks like only Alicorns can play it for it's magic... for others it would just seem like a normal instrument.

"That doesn't really reassure me," you groan.

As soon as you say that Aqua walks back from where she was with a look of confusion as she sees all the rain. As she sits back down next to you she asks,

"Weird, the weather mare didn't say anything about there being a storm today."

You shrug your shoulders with a nervous smile as you say,

"Ye-yeah, but you know how those weather ponies are usually wrong. Besides, this just means we have extra cover while we capture these guys, plus more ammo for your water bending."

Aqua gains a thoughtful look before she says,

"I suppose you're right, speaking of capturing these guys actually..."

Aqua takes back the binoculars and starts to look over the warehouse again as she says,

"How exactly are we going to capture all of them? There's too many guards to sneak past effectively, and they out number us so we can't use the frontal assault."


"Hmm...you're right. Even in the rain, they'd see us coming a mile away seeing as how I'm all red, and you're blue. We'd need something to cover ourselves with and..." you stop mid-sentence as your eyes spot something glorious not too far away from your position.

Muranuse's Comment

It's a pair of cardboard boxes.

You break a faint smile, which she can't see with your mask.

"Aqua, I think we've found our way in."



A Few Sneaking Moments Later

You and Aqua, in your own boxes, have snuck all the way to the warehouse. You are now almost to the door, but the two griffins are still there, sitting under the overhang out of the rain.

Alright, this has literally NEVER worked for me in the past, but I swear, this time, THIS TIME will be different!!! you think in determination.

"I still don't see how this going to work," Aqua whispers.

"Trust me, I'm a doctor," you mutter outloud as you can't resist the urge to say so.



Somewhere in Time and Space

The Doctor suddenly sneezes real loud.

"Bless you," Derpy says.

"Thank you...someone is using my catchphrase..."



Back to the Sneaking
You hear a groan and the smack of a facehoof.

You idiot...Selena groans.

What she means doesn't hit you until you hear one of the griffins say, "What was that noise?"

You realize you spoke aloud like a doof, and cover your mouth. Thankfully however,

"Ah, must be hearing things," the griffin mumbles.

You let out a sigh of relief, and continue forth.

You slowly shuffle towards the entrance with Aqua following your "expert" hoofsteps.
Right when you are about to near the door,

"Huh?" you hear a guard say. Both of you immediately stop.

"Just a box..." says another.


You see the first guard move towards the box that Aqua was under. You sit there debating what to do. Trying to knock them out would blow your cover. Trying to use any of your attacks to provide a distraction would be a bad idea. You could always ask Selena to try to cast a perception...

The guard moves the box next to yours, and you see that Aqua manages to move in time with the box.

They grow up so fast... you think wistfully.

You hear another thump in your head.

"So, you feel like a game of cards?" asks the first guard.

"Sure, beats patrolling in the rain," says the other one as you hear a deck of cards being shuffled on top of your box.

OK, stay calm. Just let them have their game. They'll move on soon, card games lose their luster after about 15 minutes...



2 Hours Later

Oh Sweet Merciful Heaven's HOW ARE YOU BUCKERS STILL PLAYING!!!

"Hah, read em and weep, Jacks over sevens, and you have to draw 4" says one of the gaurds.

"Ha, Well I have 2 Kings, a Pickachu, and a Blue Eyes White Dragon! In your face!" you hear the cards slam on your box.

"Oh and did I forget to mention..." you hear dice roll, "YAHTZEE!!!"

WHAT IN THE BUCK ARE THEY EVEN PLAYING?!!!

"I now get Reading Railroad, and I get an extra shot at your battleship."

"Oh really, well SORRY!" the other yells and slams down a card. "Back to home with you, and my piece goes up the ladder!"

AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! That's it, I'm gonna do it, I'm going to shoryuken you motherbuckers if you keep this up!

Bugze, calm yourself

HOW?! I don't understand what they're playing! I swear, I'm real close to just unleashing all my tails!...Ok, maybe not that close, but still...

After that, you hear Selena hum in thought.

The Pony Spartan's Comment

Bugze?

Yeah?

Before we go in, there's something on my mind.

Uh-huh, what is it?

Remember when we went...over there?

Uhhh... why do you bring this up?

You were talking about ALL of your tails, and The Ni-...other you had Nine tails remember?

Yeah... I-I remember. Your point?

As insane as he was, he had mastery over his form, and yet we lose it in less.

Yeah...and the highest we can go right now is... uh...

6.

Yeah, 6, again, what are you getting at?

There must be some way to be able to control ourselves in that form. I don't know if we'll ever get beyond 6 with all that I've lost, but there has to be a way to master the 6 without losing ourselves to the beast.

Hopefully...but why are you talking about this now of all times?

Well we are doing nothing else while those buffoons play, why not? she points out.

"Straight Flush, and does your person have glasses?"

"Nope, and Royal Flush!"

You suddenly hear heavy blocks fall.

"JENGA!!!"

Your eyes flash orange quickly.

"That tears it. DOUBLE SHORYUKEN!!!" you cry as you burst out the top of the box, uppercutting both Griffins in the jaw and sending them flying backwards.
All around you are playing cards...and nothing else.

"What the buck were you playing?!" you yell at the two griffins who start to get up as more outside guards come around the corner.

"Oh, way to blow cover CV!" Aqua says as she throws her box off.

"I waited two hours, I couldn't wait any longer!"

"It was only 15 minutes," she says.

"Yeah? Well...Patience is for the weak and smart, I'm the opposite!"

"Umm...You do realize that you just called yourself-?"

"Yes, I realized that as soon as I said it aloud," you groan as you facehoof.

"Ahem," you both look to the four cosplaying griffins as they look at you madly for ignoring them.

"Oh right...blown cover..." you mutter and take up a stance as the griffin dressed as Mareio rushes forth.

Kurolothgarian's Comment

"Let'sa Go!" she declares and tries to jump on you.

"Let'sa Not! FALCON PUNCH!" you cry as you punch her backward.

She hits hard in front of the other griffins, and they try to charge forth, but she holds up a claw.

"No, I got this," she says as she pulls out a star with eyes on it. "You're in for a beating now punk. With my star power, nothing can hurt me, Nothing!" Fear courses through you since few things in Videogamedom are as overpowered as Star Power.

Oh buck, oh buck. All these other videogame weapons I've run across, and now this one is real too?! you panic in your mind.

She yells as she suddenly swallows the star, her eyes light up and...she promptly falls on her face out cold.

"Ummmm..." you say aloud confused.

"Did she just eat the knock out candy?" asks one of the other griffins.

"Uh-huh, I think she's been eating the Mushrooms again too," answers another.

The griffins sigh and shake their heads. Meanwhile all you can think aloud is,

"Oh ha ha, I can't believe I was actually worried there. Stupid bug, heh heh he-WHOAH!" you cry dodging a surprise attack from...

The Pony Spartan's Comment

A griffon wearing a red shirt, bandana, and brown gloves. He jabs at you a few more times, while Aqua attacks the griffon in the green hat.

"Hey, Hey! Cut it ou-"
"Shoryuken!" he yells as he uppercuts you into the air, before kicking you away before you hit the ground

"OW! Oh you little, those are my moves!"

"Wrong! They are copyright of Capcom!"

"Oh...well then you're stealing too then!"

"I'm already a thief!" he yells as he tries to drop kick you. You block him and smile behind your mask as you say.

"Okay, time for my 100% combo!" You run up to him and start punching and kicking him randomly. At times, you would also use you whips to pull him closer while yelling "GET OVER HERE!" You also put him in his place with your power glove's incinerate, as your fists become covered in fire. You end the brutal combo by sweep kicking him, causing him to fall flat on his back and pass out.

"Woah! How'd you do that?" Aqua asks as she chokes the Link Griffin out with her water whip.

"Umm...I'm not sure. But that doesn't matter, all that matters is that it was awesome.

"Yeah it was," she says as she tosses the knocked out griffon away.

You both look at your remaining two opponents.

One, a very large griffin, wearing a red speedo, and a black and yellow clad ninja looking guy.

"I call the big guy," she says and rushes at him.

"Alright then," you call after her as you squint at the ninja.

BrownDog's Comment

You send out your shadow whip at him, but at the same time, he sends out some sort of chained blade towards you. Your whip and his chain intertwine as you both yell,

“Get Over Here!”

Unfortunately, neither of you budge as it becomes a tug of war contest.

“Hey let go!”

“NO You Let Go!” he shouts.

“My whip is cooler so I need to win!”

“No, I’m dressed as a ninja, meaning mine’s better!”

“Buddy, I’ve met a real life ninja, and let me tell you, she was a heck of a lot scarier than you!”

“Oh please, a real ninja would’ve gutted you in one second!”

“Well she was more into Syringes, and was trying to kill a…”Friend” of mine, but yeah, she was much worse,” you explain with another yank.

“Wait syrin…NO Way! You know Snowheart?!” he suddenly asks excitedly with another yank.

“Well I don’t KNOW know her, but yeah I met her.”

“Oh my stars, I thought she was dead! How is she?”

“Fine I guess, it’s been a couple of months, but she seemed alright.”

“Oh wow. Me and her used to date! Small world huh?” he says smiling.

“I know right? Anyway, thanks for distracting yourself,” you say.

“Distracting mys-?” he starts before you point your powerglove at his chain and shout.

“Would you kindly buzz off?!” The current goes down the line and impacts the Griffin, causing his feathers to stand up on end. Once the shock is over, he giggles before promptly passing out.

Meanwhile, Aqua is engaged in a fight with the heavily muscled griffin dressed up like Zangief.

“Silly little pony, today I break you…” he says in a thick Stalliongradian accent, but Aqua just lifts and eyebrow and says.

“Really? You’re going to break me?”

“Yes, your silly water tricks won’t work on me, my muscles are much stronger than my comrades…” he says menacingly walking towards her.

“Well I hate to burst your bubble big guy but…” she suddenly causes a fist from a puddle underneath him that strikes him right in the nads, launching him into the air.

“EEEEEEEEEEEE…” he moans at such a high pitch that dogs in a 2 mile radius howl at it.

“Next time wear a cup,” Aqua smirks, before kicking the griffin in the face knocking him out.

You both look at the four Griffons all knocked out in the rain before giggling.

"Oho, and to think I thought we couldn't take these jokers on in a straight up fight, hehehe," she giggles.

"OK, that's four down, eight to go, what is that, like 400 bits already?"

"Exactly, their boss is surely worth a bit more," she says looking at the door.

"Yeah, weird that they didn't hear any of that from inside," you say.

"It's probably soundproofed or something...Eh, whatever, more power to us," she says as you both start tying up the griffons.


After the four are tied up and stuffed in boxes, you try opening the door.

"Locked," you mutter.

"Hmm, and there was no key on these guys. Looks like we're going to have to maybe go in through the ventilation, or break a window, or..."

You cut her off as you simply knock on the steel door. Aqua, does not take this well.

"What the buck are you doing?!"

"Aqua, I've busted through so many doors in the last 3 years, I thought I'd for once just knock. It's the nice thing to do."

"You're not supposed to be nice to the people you're trying to capture for money!" she hisses.

Before you can respond, a small hatch is opened. It is covered in wire mesh, so you can't see int, but you don't think the griffon on the other side can see you.

rainbowPOOTIS's Comment

"Password," comes a gruff voice.

"Uuhhh..."

"Password."

You look back at Aqua who just shrugs.

"Come on Password already."

"Well, uh..." Aqua starts.

"Dang it Mareio, have you been eating shrooms again? I can't let you in if you've forgotten the code,"

Hearing that, you perk up as you have an idea.

"Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start."

There is a pause on the other end, before you hear.

"Correct," and the hatch is closed, and locks are undone from the other side.

You look to a confused Aqua, "Koneighmi Code, never forget it."


You then turn back to the opening door as a beak starts to come through it.

"But seriously, you gotta lay off those mushrooms, they ain't good for yer he-"

"Falcon Punch!" you roar, as you slam your hoof into the unsuspecting Griffon, sending them flying backwards and into a crate of video games and video game merchandising.

"So, just tossing stealth out the window entirely are we?" asks Aqua.

"Patience is not a virtue I know!"


This obviously catches the attention of the other low lives, and they look to your creepy form in the doorway.
You flip your voice to the intimidating side as you say,

"Good evening," bearing your mask's teeth in the process (something you forgot to do to the guys outside).

"Whoah, what the heck is that?!" one of the griffons asks.

"I don't know, but it looks like one of those neighsian monster ghost things from Far Cry 4."

"Oh I am very much alive you filth..." you say as you advance. "And I'm taking you all in."

"Oh wait, I heard about this guy!" on of them says. "He's the one who took down the Cattle Rustlers."

"Wait, he's the red ghoul thing? Oh no. I heard he took on those 30 bulls himself and won."
Aqua looks at you in awe after hearing that.


"That is true you filth, I The Crimson Vengeance, am indeed powerful."
They step back after that declaration.

Wow, did I just sound like Tri-
"GGGGGRRRRRR!!!" you growl as you think about that mare.

"Oh no, we're all going to die!"

"I heard he tore the Rustlers limbs off and beat the others with them."

"What?"

"I heard he grilled and ate one of them while the others were tied up, just to prove a point."

"What the bu-?"

"I heard he started another race war in the middle of downtown just today!"

All the Griffons gasp at this.

"Oh Come On! Where are you getting this information from?!"

"So you didn't do any of that stuff?" Aqua asks.

"NO! I mean, other than taking on all the bulls at once, but-"

"WHAT'S GOING ON OUT HERE?!" shouts a female voice.

You all look up and see

*Spurt*

Your nose bleeds as you see an attractive female griffin in form fitting blue Zero Suit Samus outfit. Form fitting being the key words.

Oh Sweet Luna! She's got all the right curves going o-NO BAD BUG!

Really? You're going to revert to your pervy ways now? Selena criticizes.

Hey, I didn't know I found Griffins attractive! Cut me some slack!

"It's some sort of bounty hunter Samus. The one who took down the Cattle Rustlers. And some random mare too"

"Hey! I'm not just some sidekick here!" Aqua shouts in indignation.

Samus looks down at you and squints.

"That's right. I am the Crimson Vengeance! You're all wanted for your thieving ways. Now come quietly or there will be trouble," you threaten.

"Oh, is that so?" she then steps into authentic looking Metroid armor and yells,

"In that case, get them!"

"But boss, what if he tears our throats out like he did to that bull?!"

"I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT!"

"Just do it! Anyone that captures them alive gets one of the crates for themselves!"

At that declaration, the 7 dressed up griffons all gain a sparkle in their eye, and face you both with snarls.

You and Aqua take up defensive stances, and look to your opponents. Griffons, both male and female, dressed up as Thwomp, Jumpmare, another Link, War and Death from Darksiders, Big Boss, and one in full plate metal armor


As they charge forth you say to Aqua.

"You know, if I were in their position, I'd have taken that deal."

You both then charge your attacker.

Aqua summons her whip and lassos it around Big Boss, swinging him into War and Death. With that, you head directly for who you think is the weakest one. Jumpmare.

Lord Segal's Comment

Fireheart 1945's Comment

Kurolothgarian's Comment

She has a wooden mallet out, and tries to jump on your head, but just like you did to her Mareio counterpart outside, you cry out

"Shoryuken!" and strike her in the chin.
As she goes flying, the second link attacks you with a "Hyah!" as he tries to hit you with a sword.

"Oh how lazy are you guys? You essentially have two mareios and two links on your squad, you couldn't diversify?"
"YAAHHH!!!" he screams again as he slashes out you.
"Would you kindly freeze?!" you shout as you freeze his talon, causing him to drop his sword.
"I'll be taking that now," you quip as you quickly scoop up the sword...only there's something off about it.
"What the? Is this plastic? Why are you fighting me with a toy?" you ask the Griffon with the frozen claw.

"Hyah!" he responds back, causing you to roll your eyes and hit him over the head with the fake sword, shattering it, and knocking him out.

Smiling at this victory, you look across the warehouse and see Aqua get punched in the face by the Big Boss Griffon, sending her flying into a crate.

"OW! Oh you motherbucker!" she rages as she forms a swirling water ball and Hadokens it at him. After hitting him square in the chest, she is attacked on both sides by War and Death, so she flips like an acrobat out of the way.

Seeing that she's alright for the moment, you turn your attention back to your foes. Jumpmare twirls her mallet while the plate metal armored one stares at you menacingly.

"Alright Griffon, drop the mallet or I'll-"
Your threat is interrupted however when you are tackled from behind.

"Oh come on! Will everyling stop interupti..." you stop as you turn around and see exactly what tackled you. Three small imp-like creatures with creepy smiles.

"SHEEPIES!" the green one shouts at you.

"AAAAAAHHHHH!!!" you scream as you shake about trying to get them off of you, but they grab hold of your coat and will not let go.

"Get off of me you little- *BONK*- Oooohhhh..." you woozily spin as you realize Jumpmare has taken her shot and whacked you in the head with the mallet.

You fall to the ground, and in your dizzy vision, you see the Griffon in the plate metal armor laughing and pointing at you.

"Good, good, now shear him," he says menacingly.

The three imps laugh as they start digging their claws into you, trying to tear your coat.

"No not the coat! Anything but that!" you yell as you roll around fruitlessly.
Seeing that they won't come off, and that Jumpmare is getting ready for another swing, you point your glove out at the laughing armored griffon and shout.

"Would You Kindly Shut the Shock Up?!" and zap him. He immediately seizes as the electricity courses through his metal armor, before falling over. As soon as he does, the imps just kind of vanish, as if they were never even there.

"Huh, well that's conven-WHOAH!" you dodge out of the way of the mallet. Getting to your feet you glare at the Griffin.

"Stop it with the cheap shots! You yell as you raise your glove...only to be slammed from above by an enormous weight, which knocks the wind out of you.

"Buck you Lady Luck..." you groan.

"Good job Thwomp," you hear Samus call out from above. Now hold him there, War and Death look like they need a claw. You hear an explosion elsewhere in the factory, and Aqua shouting, "OH COME ON!!!"

"Ugh, get off of me you big fat buck!" you cry from under the large Griffon.
He only growls, and does not move, keeping you pinned.
As you lay under him, you see Aqua's fight come into view. You, Thwomp, and Jumpmare watch as Samus actually does curl into a ball, and keeps dodging Aqua's water blasts.

"Stay still you B!%$#" she screams.

"Yeah, no you stupid Unicorn trash," Samus taunts. She keeps rolling around, tossing out small little explosives all around Aqua. Not only that, but War and Death are still active and swinging at her with their sword and scythes.

Aqua growls at this onslaught and forms a protective bubble of water around herself.

"Hey Quit Spamming the bombs!" you yell, only for Thwomp the put more weight on you.

"Ooomph. Yeesh buddy, lay off the snack cakes once in awhile," you angrily snark.

"Hey," Thwomp calls to Jumpmare, "Knock this guy out would ya? The water pony's fight looks funner."

"That's not even a word! And No! No more Mallet!" you call out. Undeterred, the Griffon walks over with the mallet and raises it above her head.

Bugze! Selena shouts worried.

I know, I know. Maybe we should let it out a little bi-

No, not that. Nightshade's out!

What? you as as you look to your side and see.

The Pony Spartan's Comment

Nightshade with just her torso out of the inventory, holding her gun.

"Eat laser B!@#$" she calls out, before the beam shoots out, hitting the Griffon, and sending her flying away, and into Death across the room.


"What the?" Thwomp says as he stands up in confusion, which gives you a chance to back kick him in the nads and scramble away.

"Oooooohhhhh..." he whines as he holds himself.

"Would you kindly float!" you yell as you use Bucking Bronco on him.

You then use your Shadow Whip to wrap around his floating form and spin throw him at Samus.

He lands on her, halting her assault on Aqua, who immediately takes to the opportunity to run and regroup with you.

"Yeah Get Some!" Nightshade cheers as she twirls her gun but you turn to her and yell.

"Nightshade No! Please, no more fighting!"

"But I just saved y-." she begins.

"Room! Now!"

She pouts and heads back into the inventory.

She's not pleased with you.

No spit. It isn't easy to yell at her you know?

Perhaps to lighten her mood I'll train her to fight more effectively in her dreams. So that we won't be as worried when she is forced to fight.

I hate how it's not an IF, but a When.

As do I, but tis the life we lead.

Aqua then rushes back towards you.

"Hey, thanks for the assist. Freaking Bomb Spammer."

"No problem, but look alive, they're regrouping," you point out as Samus, Thwomp, War, Death and Jumpmare stalk towards you.

"So you two are tougher than I thought," Samus says as she breaks a crate open.

"That's right you tart, and we won't stop till you...Oh Buck!" you cry out as you see her hand out a weapon to each of her remaining goons.

BrownDog's Comment

"Are those freaking Junk Jets?!" you cry out as you see them pointing the powerful and heavy weapons at you two.

“Alright you buckers, it’s over now! Surrender or be blown away!” Samus threatens.

“Where the heck do all these Game Weapons keep coming from?! For every fake one, a real one shows up! Where? Where?!” you shout exasperated.

“Oh, wouldn’t you like to know?” she smirks.

“Yes! YES I would!”

“Well too bad, now in the dirt Smiley, and You Too Sea Pony!”

“I’m not a Danged Sea Pony! Do I look like I have flippers to you?” Aqua shouts.

“Whatever, you and your Water powers are overrated anyway!”

“Excuse me? I think they were doing just fine till-.”

“Besides, Water Sucks, Gatorade is better.

Aqua’s eye starts twitching at that. You look at her face and realize a button has been pushed.

“…I’m sorry, what the buck did you just say?” she says in a high pitched strained voice.

“Gatorade not only quenches your thirst better, it tastes better too you idiot,” Samus says smirking at the look on her face.

“Th-that’s not true…that’s not true at all…” she huffs.

“Gaaaaatttoooraaaaadddeee…”

“H20…”

“Gaaaattttoooraaaadddeeee…”

“H20!”

You see her face starting to become red, and the griffins all start to chuckle and laugh.

“Um guys? Maybe you all should sto-.” you try to interject, but...

“Oh Water Sucks, it really really sucks. Oh Water Sucks! It really really sucks, Sucks! SUCKS!!! SSSUUUUCCCKKKSSSS!!!” They all start singing in unison.

“GGGGGRRRRRAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!” she roars, standing up on her hind hoofs, as a whirlwind of water suddenly bursts in from the windows and doors behind you both and head straight for the griffins. All of them are consumed by the wall of liquid, and pushed hard against the wall. She keeps it up for a good minute before relenting, the water all rushing back outside to the ocean.

All of the griffins are drenched and coughing and miserable looking.

“Pro tip for you all,” she says, “Don’t insult a Water Bender while next to the Bucking Ocean While it's Raining! And what the buck do you think makes up Gator…huh? What’s wrong CV?” she asks looking at your wide eyes.

“Oh uh…nothing, just not used to seeing something like that outside my own POV,” you say in awe.

She chuckles and goes about cuffing all of the criminals in tape.

…I think I’m starting to like this Strumpet, Selena says in respect.

Yeah...note to self, do not diss water in front of her.

Agreed



After the criminals have all been tied up, (And Samus taken out of her Zero Suit so that you could concentrate a little better) you place all 12 of them in front of a wall in front of the boxes of Videogame merchandise.

“You should all be ashamed of yourself,” you chide the Griffins.

Majora’s Mask added to inventory.

“Illegal trading of videogames is not cool!”

Resident Evil Director’s Cut added to Inventory


“And stealing from gamer’s private collections? You all make me sick”

Crate full of 150 Assorted Games,

PonyStation 1-4, Nintendog 64, SuperNintendog, and Nintendog Entertainment System, GameCube, Xbone Original, Xbone 360, and Xbone 1 Added to Inventory.

“Sick I tell you!” you spit at them.

“But you’re stealing all the merch right now!” whines Scorpion.

“Yeah, well…” you start as you notice a copy of Haylo in your hoof, “Uh…Shut Up!” you yell at the crooks.

“Also, where in the heck did these game weapons come from?” you say as you hold up a Junk Jet.
"I've been seeing these around randomly wherever I go, where do they come from and where are they going?" you interrogate Samus.

"I ain't telling you anything you smiling weirdo, and there's nothing you can do to make me talk" she declares.

"Oh really? Nothing huh? Well I guess I'll just have to torture you in the worst way imaginable" you say menacingly.

"Y-you wouldn't..." she stammers.
You just stare back at her and chuckle, to which she gulps.



Later

"NO! NOOOO!!! Oh make it stop make it stop!" she screams in pain as you sit back and chuckle.

"You have the power to make it end, just tell us what we want to know!"

"I can't, please..."

"Alright, you give me no choice,"
You raise your hoof once more as she winces as you...

"Here's another donation madam," you say to the Orphanage Head Mistress as you hand her yet another crate of videogames.

"Oh thank you sir, the children never get anything so grand," she says with a smile, as the kids swarm over the games and consoles.

"Oh don't thank me, thank Ms. Samus here. It's all thanks to her hard work and generosity while expecting no monetary reward at all."

"Thank you madam, thank you," she declares as all the children rush up and hug her.

"Thank you Ms. Samus. Thanks for your kind Charity."

"NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!" she screams to the heavens, still tied up, while the kids hug her.

"OK, am I missing something here? Why is she freaking out like this?" Aqua asks next to you confused.

"Oh Aqua, it's simple really. What's the worst thing a greedy griffon like her could go through? Giving away all her hard work and not getting paid!"

"The pain, oh the pain!" she screams.

*Sigh* Why are beings in this time period so overly-dramatic?

Because if they weren't I think they'd die, you joke.

"Alright, Alright! I'll talk! I'll Talk!" Samus screams.

"That's better, so long kids, good luck to you finding parents."

"Thanks Mr. Bounty Hunter!" they all cheerfully say as you pick up Samus and carry her into an alleyway.

"Alright, spill it. What's with all the black market games and weapons?"

"It's not our plan alright? Me and my crew are just contractors. We all got out of Griffonstone because of our love for videogames. We just didn't want to go back to that dirt hole."

"Spare me the pity party, who hired you?"

"*Sigh* They call themselves the Video Game Mafia alright?"

"Really? Video Game Mafia?" Aqua deadpans.

"Look, I didn't pick the name alright. It's just what they call themselves. They operate out of Bastion,Masshaychusettes and they got bounties on their heads as well. They're the ones who have been funneling the money from the games into weapon development. They're mostly for collectors and rich folk, but we got to have free ones for the shipments. All our clothes and armor and weapons are from them."

"Well one of your Links had a fake sword though," you point out.

"Yeah, because his real one hadn't come in yet, he just wanted to be included," she responds.

"So let me get this straight, you imported games illegally, stole from fellow gamers, and tried to kill us, all because you wanted free Collector's Items?"

"We weren't trying to kill you...and yes, we're all just nerds when it comes down to it."

"Still, for nerds, you're all worth a fair bit of bits," Aqua jests.

"Alright, so the Video Game Mafia contracts you, sells the games and illegally makes video game weapons, is that about right?"

"Yeah, I know it sounds stupid, but the bits keep rolling in. Especially since they got themselves a new big spender."

"Big Spender?"

Kersey's Comment

"Yeah, I'm not supposed to know about him, but I overheard the Mafia boss talking to him once. He's one of those Crimson Knight Generals.

Your eyes widen at that.

"Wh-What did you just say?" you ask surprised.

"I said he's a Crimson Knight General. From what I hear the whole lot of them are made up of random weirdos."

You turn around and look at Aqua, who has a surprised face on as well.

"A Crimson Knight General..." you say to her.

"Yeah, think about how much one of their bounties is worth," she says in thought.

"No, I mean yeah those guys are worth a lot, but I can't believe I've stumbled upon a connection to one so easily."

"Yeah...well at least we know who our next targets are huh?" she says with a smile.

"OUR targets? I thought you said we would only do ONE bounty together."

"Well yeah, but this is a freaking Crimson Knight! And a leader to boot. I know you got history with those guys," she says while looking down in shame, "But so do I. I never got paid after all the stuff that went down on Hearth's Warming Eve, and I aim to get my payment by any means necessary."

You nod at this as you think.

Well, it couldn't hurt to have her around right?

It could, but to avoid beasting as much as possible, it would be wise to have an ally. Especially one that can actually fight.

"Alright then, guess we're going to have a little "chat" with these Mafia wannabes, and find out more about this guy."

You then turn back to Samus.

"A name."

"Huh?"

"What's the name of the General?"

"Um, it's a weird one...uh, Catchy? No, Itchy? No...Oh wait, now I remember..."

"Just spit it out," you demand.

"Kichi. The guy's name is Kichi, and apparently he loves videogames.


"Thank you Samus, you've been very helpful," both you and Aqua smile menacingly at her.

"So, uh...you gonna take me and my buddies to jail?"

"Them, yes, You though, you're coming with us."

"Wh-why?"

"We need someling to lead us to this Mafia after all. Until then though, sweet dreams," you say as you hold up the Luna Plushie and knock her out.

"What the heck was that?" Aqua asks, while you stuff the Plushie away before she looks at it.

"Trade secret. Now, let's go get our reward before we move on."


You then both head towards the Jailhouse, with the 12 Griffons in your bag. When you arrive in the station, you see the smug guards from before that took Blaze away from you.

"Oh, hey there again Unlicensed Bounty Hunters, what can we do fo-." you interrupt him by tossing Thwomp out of your bags and onto him and his buddies, causing them to stumble backwards and fall.

You then dump the rest of the griffons, sans Samus, on the floor and declare, "We've come to accept the bounty for the Extra Lives Gang. And yes, we have our licenses!" you say as both you and Aqua hold up the piece of plastic.

You are both paid 100 bits per Griffin. Between the two of you, you have a 1,100 bit reward.

The Griffons are thrown into a big cell, which has Braze, and those three strange stallions from before in the hockey, owl, and pig masks.

"So, these are the punks that been stealing all the games?" asks the Owl Masked one.

"Man, screw these guys!" says the Pig Masked one.

"They've all been naughty grinches and have to be punished!" says the Hockey Masked one as he chuckles evily. The three then start brawling the bruised and battered Griffins while Braze gets caught in the middle of it.

"Hey, cut that out!" shout the guards ineffectually.

You look at Aqua and shrug, "Eh, not our problem."
She nods her head and you both exit the station.



Hours Later

Both you and Aqua are sitting on a train to Bastion. Samus is still knocked out, but she sits next to Aqua, handcuffed to her. (You'd both bought a few with the reward money so as not to run out of Duct Tape). As you sit on the train, staring at the passing scenery, one thought comes through your head.

"I'm gonna find you Mr. Kichi, and after you, the rest of your Knights...but first, I need to take care of something."


You close your eyes and enter the Dreamscape.

You find your way to Selena's room and see her sitting on the bed.

"Bugze, do you believe it wise to start looking for the Knights now?"

"The sooner the better, we knew we'd have to start looking for them eventually. It's just lucky a lead this big fell into my lap."

She closes her eyes and nods at this.

"Very well, I will follow your decision."

"Thanks, but before we start hunting this trail, we need to take care of a little wild card we have in our head. Where is he?"

She seems surprised by this, but then turns her head and starts walking into the darkness.

"He has been in solitude since his last act, forced to watch those horrible films. You wish to speak to him now?"

"Yep, and bring Nightshade here too. We might as well lay out the rules to him like a family.

Selena nods, and lights her horn, and soon Nightshade is standing beside you.

"Whoah, we're all dreaming together? Does this mean good news or bad news?" she asks.

"It's...news. Listen Nightshade, your mother and I have something to tell you.

You then explain to her how King Sombra is inside your head after you ate him, and how, unlike Selena, he is not friendly and does not wish to stay in your body. Nightshade is somewhat happy that you didn't actually kill the guy, but then seems conflicted by what you say next.

"And so, since we can't risk letting him out, or having him trying to get us hurt, we're hoping that we can try and at least come to a truce with him, with your help."

"How can I help?" she asks.

"Sombra likes cute adorable things, and you more than fit the bill," you say as you tussle her hair.

"Thanks daddy, but...I fought him, he was a jerk to me. How will he find me cute?"

"Because we will make him see. I don't know how long it will take, but I'm sure we'll wear him down."

She looks up to Selena who just shrugs and says.

"Personally I think it's a stupid Idea, but since we do not kill our enemies, it's the best shot we have."

Nightshade looks between the two of you and nods in determination.

"Alright, bring that jerk out. I'll make him not hurt you guys if it's the last thing I ever do."

With that, You and Selena bring forth the cage which melts up from the floor.

Inside, Sombra has his ears plugged and eyes shut as a small screen shows "The Room"

"Oh Hai Mark, How's your sex life?" Pony Wiseau says in his unidentifiable accent.

"Make it stop, oh please make it stop!" Sombra blubbers.


WHAT DO YOU DO?

Author's Note:

Alright Everyling, it's time to talk to the Tyrant in Bugze's head.

When talking to him, remember a few things.
1. Bugze ate this guy, and is now imprisoning him in his body against his will, Selena kicked his butt and tortured him with horrible movies, and Nightshade swept the floor with him back in the Empire...Some Animosity may still be there :rainbowlaugh:
2. This guy wants them dead so that he won't be trapped anymore.
3. Redemption is a long road, and takes baby steps, it's not an overnight process, but baby steps are profound in their own right.

Hi Hive Mind,
Brown Dog here. DWC wants to apologize again for the hiatus, but both Cyberspace and the Real World are full of viruses, and he caught both. He'll be back to normal in a week or two, so look forward to that, but in the meantime, he only has a School Computer to work on, so the schedule might be a bit funky.

Anyway, as you can see at the top, I Don't Wanna Stop By Ozzy Osbourne is the new Season Opening Theme. Once DWC gets his computer back, we might be able to figure out a closing theme :twilightsmile:

In the Mean Time, the Answer to last chapter's question about the Strangest Video Games You've Played, he says he couldn't decide on just one from all your descriptions. That was a weird bunch you all had.

For this Chapter's Question:
What is The Best Tell Tale Game?

Ever since The Walking Dead, these guys have been steamrolling like a juggernaut, so what's your favorite?

PreviousChapters Next