• Published 17th May 2015
  • 710 Views, 35 Comments

Half Baked Apples - Sailor_Pluto



This is a collection of strange short stories that I write when I’m bored. I have no excuses.

  • ...
3
 35
 710

Execute Button

"Hey," Sonata said, looking at her new calculator. It was a new school year, and the calculators provided for the juniors had a lot more handy functions than the normal ones of previous years. "There's no execute button on this."

Aria sneered. "What are we talking about here, a seriously old-school computer? Just use the enter button, my god."

Sonata pressed the enter button. Then she pressed it again. And again. And again.

"...It's not working," she said, waving the calculator in the air. "It's not working!"

"That's because you don't have anything typed into the calculator, dumb ass!" Aria snatched it away. "Watch." She hit a few buttons, then showed the screen to Sonata. It read, "2+2".

"Now," Aria said, finger hovering above the enter button. "Watch how I do this." She hit it, and the number 4 came up. "See? Easy as that."

Sonata started to pout. "But that's not what I'm talking about, Ari! The execute button does something completely different! Look!" Sonata dug around in her book bag, then produced the calculator she had used from previous years. She aimed it at the classroom's black board, turned it on, and hit the execute button. Immediately, a ray of electricity shot out, shattering the board into little pieces.

Aria, among everyone else in the room, stared with their mouths open at the front of the classroom. Finally, she slowly turned her head to the blue girl.

"Where...did you get that calculator from?"

"Ebay," Sonata said before tucking it back into her bag.

Author's Note:

My mind imagines weird things when I'm bored.

Comments ( 3 )

Heh. I need something like that.

7048494 You genius. You amazing, amazing genius. Why didn't I think of anything like that?!

Login or register to comment