• Published 17th May 2015
  • 706 Views, 35 Comments

Half Baked Apples - Sailor_Pluto



This is a collection of strange short stories that I write when I’m bored. I have no excuses.

  • ...
3
 35
 706

Vinyl the Cereal Killer

It was a dark and stormy night. Octavia had just gotten out of the shower and was fixing herself a bowl of cereal. As she trotted into the living room and switched on the TV, she said to herself, Where the hay is Vinyl? She should have been home an hour ago. A chill went down the earth pony’s back. She shuddered and pulled her old pink jazz robe on tighter.

After watching the new hit show, Whose Line Is It Anyway? Equestria, the power went out.

“God dang it…” Octavia mumbled as she set her bowl of cereal down.

She leaned to the side to check the breaker by the couch when the front door flew open. Octavia shrieked when she saw the silhouette of a pony in the doorway.

“MUAH HA HAAAA!!!!” The pony laughed maniacally as she leapt at Octavia. Octavia scrunched herself into a ball and awaited impact.

But, instead of hitting her, the other pony whacked the bowl of cereal off of the end table, sending it flying across the room.

The lights came back on, and when Octavia peeked out, she saw none other than her roommate rolling and laughing on the floor.

“Vinyl…..” Octavia gritted her teeth.

“Oh...oh man,” Vinyl gasped as she removed her glasses to wipe her eyes. “You should have seen the look on your face! Priceless!”

Octavia stood and grabbed Vinyl with her forehooves. “Vinyl, what have I told you about pranking me? And about wasting food?” Octavia pointed to the broken bowl in the corner. “And I don’t give a BUCK if you hate cereal. Now clean it up.” Octavia released Vinyl and settled back on the couch and continued to watch TV. Vinyl grumbled as she fetched the cleaner and rags.

“Can you at least help me clean it up?” Vinyl asked.

Octavia shook her head and made herself a new bowl of cereal.

Author's Note:

This was originally supposed to be a story of it's own, but unfortunately it didn't pass 1,000 words...