• Published 17th May 2015
  • 709 Views, 35 Comments

Half Baked Apples - Sailor_Pluto



This is a collection of strange short stories that I write when I’m bored. I have no excuses.

  • ...
3
 35
 709

The HuMane Six (And Flash) Goes Camping. And Fails At It.

"Do we have everything?" Sunset asked her friends.

"Yup!" Pinkie said. "I double checked! Five times!"

"That would make it a quintuple check, Pinkie."

"But it sounds cooler to say double check!"

Sunset rolled her eyes. "...Right. Do we have any snacks for the trip?"

"Do we really need snacks?" Flash asked as he put his dufflebag in the back of the minivan. "We're staying by a creek, right? I can just catch our snack with old Zeus and Apollo here." He kissed his biceps. "Well, of course you guys didn't think about that. Only a genius could come up with something like that."

Sunset smirked. "This coming from the guy who once kept putting money in a broken vending machine. For a half hour."

Flash's eyes grew wide. "It was broken?"

Rainbow laughed.

"Alright!" Sunset slammed the trunk shut. "Let's get this show on the road!"

Forty minutes later, the minivan was on the side of a small, country road.

"How was I supposed to know that the car only had a third of a tank of gas?!" Pinkie yelled.

"Because it's your van!" Sunset screamed. "Ugh!"

"Leave it to me!" Flash said, rolling up his sleeves. "I can fix this thing!"

"Flash, there's not a problem with the car!" Sunset said as Flash crawled underneath the car. "It just ran out of gas!"

"The check engine light was on too." Flash said.

"The engine isn't underneath the car!"

"Says who?! AAAUUGGH, DAMN IT! I JUST CUT MY HAND!!!"

Five more minutes later, Flash was sitting on the hood of the car, whimpering, while Sunset wrapped a bandage around his hand.

"And that's why you don't do things like that." Sunset said.

"Whatever." He sighed. "When's Rainbow going to be back?"

"Don't know." Sunset said, taking a seat next to him. "I don't know where the gas station she's searching for is. Or if there even is one."

Ad if on cue, Rainbow trudged back down the road to the broken down car. "I'm back." She wheezed. "And I'm never doing that again."

"What happened?" Sunset asked.

"First of all," Rainbow held up a bucket, which had been used as an on-the-road toilet. "I got a bucket of gas, but didn't pay for it." She handed the bucket to Applejack.

"Fill this sucker up, wouldja?" Rainbow stretched and sat next to Sunset. "On the way to the gas station, some guy had mistaken me for a hooker. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that. I told him I was trying to get money, and he told me he would give me money for my body...so I kicked him in his junk and ran away as fast as possible." She yawned. "Then I got the gas and came back."

"Alright!" The car roared to life. "This should be enough to get us where we're going. Get in, everyone!" Applejack got into the driver's seat.

Twenty minutes later, the van rolled into a quaint little campsite built in a forest. There were clearings all throughout the woods, so you could just park anywhere and set up camp wherever you pleased.

"Pinkie, watch out for the chickens."

"Ooh, there are chickens here? Where?!"

"Now they're underneath the tires."

"Eh, they were just going to be eaten anyway. So, where do we park?"

"Anywhere, Pinkie."

Pinkie finally decided to pull into the most spacious clearing she could find.

"Alright!" Flash opened the door and rolled out of the car. "Fishing time! Anyone wanna come with?"

"I will." Rainbow got out after him. "I'm pretty skilled at it." She opened the trunk. "Um...where are the fishing poles?"

Flash held up two nets. "Fishing poles are for sissies."

Rainbow rolled her eyes and slammed the trunk shut. "No, nets are for the sissies who can't figure out how to work even the simplest of fishing poles."

"Do you want food or not?"

Rainbow sighed and followed him down to the creek.


"We don't have any snacks." Sunset said as she pawed through the cooler. "Haven't we gone over this before? On a trip, snacks are ESSENTIAL!"

"I'm sorry!" Pinkie cried.

"We don't have any fish either." Rainbow said, coming back from the creek. "Flash scared away all the fish with his loud personal stories."

"I needed someone too talk to!"

"SO TALK TO A THERAPIST!"


"...And that's what happened over my summer vacation!" Rainbow said to her class.

Author's Note:

Should this have been a separate story? Or is it not good enough for that?