• Published 17th May 2015
  • 709 Views, 35 Comments

Half Baked Apples - Sailor_Pluto



This is a collection of strange short stories that I write when I’m bored. I have no excuses.

  • ...
3
 35
 709

Elephant Ears

Despite the mention of Poison Joke, this is an EG story.

“Uh, Flutters? Did Ya run into some more o’ that poison joke?”

Fluttershy looked over at her friend. “Um…no…why do you ask, Applejack?”

Applejack coughed. “Oh, um, no reason.”

Rarity looked over to Sunset. “Someone has to tell her.”

Fluttershy shrunk down. “What? What is it?”

Sunset smiled nervously. “Oh, you know, nothing. It’s just that…well…you're ears…they’re sorta…y’know…y’know?”

Fluttershy shook her head. “No.”

Sunset wrung her hands, then looked at the ceiling, then looked at the ground, then picked at a loose thread on her skirt, then blurted: “Fluttershy, your ears are huge and disgusting and floppy and gray and I’m sorry I had to say this in the middle of class but oh my god put those away please it’s taking everything in my power not to retch right now.”

Fluttershy slowly reached up and touched her ears, then smiled sweetly. “Oh, it’s okay. All people in the Shy family get disgustingly huge ears at a certain point in their life. I was actually expecting it to come last week.”

Sunset nodded. “Right….”

She then quickly turned to Rainbow Dash and said: “I think we need a new band member.”