• Published 15th May 2013
  • 4,638 Views, 145 Comments

A New Equestria - ZeirMakavar



With the finding of a new lush land Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack are sent out to found Equestria's first colony.

  • ...
7
 145
 4,638

Deacon (Part 1)

Chapter 8

Deacon (Part 1)

"Interesting? How interesting?"
"He.... he did it to himself." Twilight sighed, looking around the room. "And that's not all. On his body, we found that same sigil. I have no idea what it does... as Blood magic is supposed to be illegal."
"He did... Are you saying that he cut himself, proceeded to write in a dead language on his wall, with his own blood. Then go into the living room, hang himself while mutilating his own body... and then he slowly bleed to death?" Rainbow asked, looking around the burnt room.
"That's exactly what I'm saying Rainbow..." Twilight sighed, a soft smile on her face. "And it's worrying me that it's a blood magic user behind this..."

"I don't get it... why are you so worried over one magic user?" Rainbow sighed, poking the ash pile with her hoof. "So yeah this guy made a guard off himself, and made some random pony kill herself by burning her shoppe down. So what?" Rainbow then flew around the room, swooping down next to Twilight. "We'll just find him and grab him before he can do any.... Hey! Why can't I move!"

"That's why it worries me Rainbow." Twilight said, as the red aura around her horn died down. "From what I understand in the few texts that I could get to, blood magic's first law is controlling blood itself. It's how a user is able to get people to do things they don't want to.

"The Changeling's love spell isn't as exact as blood magic. With the Changelings there is a chance they can break out of it, we saw that with Shining and Cadence. But with blood magic, they aren't controlling the mind... It's the body that's being controlled. As if they turn you into a marionette."

"Okay. So blood magic dangerous." Rainbow nodded a soft, nervous chuckle escaping her. "From what you got, is there any defenses? Like wards or something?"

"No Rainbow... I don't think there are any wards to block Blood Magic." Twilight said, shaking her head. "It's a very old magic and would require old magic to block it. Wards, well wards are newer and made to protect against newer magics."

"So no wards." Rainbow looked around, before blinking. "Say, Celestia and Luna are coming. Why don't we ask them?"

"I was planning on doing that anyway. This is something they need to know." Twilight sighed, as they walked out of the burnt shoppe.

"Right... so then compile a list of any Unicorn that can access anything to do with blood magic." Rainbow nodded, as she turned to fly off to the city records. She however, was stopped by Twilight.

"You'd better make that anypony Rainbow. Most newer magics are used by Unicorns because of their horn yes. But Blood magic, and all other older magics use Sigils as the medium. What does that tell you?"

"That I'll be making a very large list..." Rainbow sighed, before flying off to the Records.

Applejack sighed, looking around the street. "Well, at least this was taken care of quickly..." She smiled, nodding as West walked up to them.

"Ma'am... Councilpony Applejack." She nodded, to each of them. "The Cleaners are here. Would you like them to wipe this place as well?" West asked Twilight, looking around at the scene. "It would be nice to be able to actually conduct an actual Investigation, instead of leaving it to the Cleaners..."

"I know West... I know." Twilight smiled, before nodding at a group of Unicorns. "But this is a serious matter, not something that most ponies should know about."

"I know... I'm still waiting for a regular crime you know... not something that has to do with... that." West mumbled, before she too flew off to the records. "I'm helping Miss Rainbow... maybe it'll go faster..."

"Knowing Rainbow, she's already done and resting on a cloud." Applejack chuckled, as Seventh Star walked up to them. "Hey Star, how was the urgent business? Did it go well?"

"It went... fine." Star sighed, nodding at Applejack before turning towards Twilight. "There is somepony who wishes to meat you. Come with me."

"Can't he come here?"

"That wasn't a request."


Two hours prior

A soft buzzing sound disturbed the group. With each person then looking at the source of the sound. It took Seventh a couple of seconds to realize what the buzzing sound was. Once he did he panicked slightly. "Um... excuse me. There is a matter of urgency that I must deal with."

Seventh left them as quickly as he could, to get to a safe place. Master was calling him, and it seemed urgent. "Yes Master?" He asked, taking his orb out from hidding. "You called?"

"Yes... it seems that Celestia isn't the only pony who knows of my location." Master sighed, a soft chuckle escaping him. "It seems a past... protecter has discovered where I am."

"And this is an urgent matter?" Star asked, confused.

"It is. Because of what he plans." Master acknowledged. "He is using the fountain, for pleasure. I might have let him slide if he had a good reason, how ever his is... His reason is worrying."

"His reason?"

"He says it's 'for shits and giggles.' His words." Master sighed, shaking his head. "There is one thing you must do for me Star. No, a couple of things."

"Anything you say Master."

"There is a book, that I made sure was sent to the colony, I need you to get it. And the other thing, bring Twilight Sparkle to me." Master said, his tone suddenly flat.

"Which book is it?" Star asked, looking around confused.

"You will know."


"It went... fine." Star sighed, nodding at Applejack before turning towards Twilight. "There is somepony who wishes to meat you. Come with me."

"Can't he come here?"

"That wasn't a request."

"You think you have the right to order me?" Twilight blinked, confused. "Last time I checked, it was..."

"Twi, he could be being controlled by that blood magic user guy..." Applejack whispered into Twilight's ear, before smiling at Seventh.

"R-right..." Twilight shook her head, before waiving her hoof. "Fine take us to him."

"Very well."

It took the ponies around an hour to reach the cavern that held Deacon, though they didn't know that was who sat waiting for them. "Where exactly are we?" Twilight asked, looking around the giant cavern. "When we first scanned this area this didn't show up."

"That's because it's protected." Star said, looking out into the darkness of the cavern. "Much like your... safe room."

It was then, that Twilight noticed the lake. The lake of liquid that was also in the fountain. "Is that... Thats..." She looked at the small lake, before glancing at Star. "That's the same stuff as the fountain isn't it?"

He nodded, and Rainbow blinked. "That's... that's a lot." She said, as the three mares stared at the lake.

"It is one of very few pools left in existence Twilight Sparkle." Came a voice, one that confused the mares even more. "Do not fear. I will not harm you." The dragon smiled, as his massive head came into their view.

"Twilight Sparkle, allow me to introduce to you... Master."

"Call me Deacon. It's what Celestia and Luna call me." The dragon chuckled. He looked over each of the mares there, before smiling once again.

"So... Deacon, I take it you know the Princesses?" Rainbow asked, blinking. The shear size of the dragon bamboozled each of them.

"Yes, you could say I am their adoptive father." Deacon chuckled, as Twilight looked over the lake. "I watched each of them grow into the fine Mares they are today... Though the business with Nightmare Moon did worry me so. They did get into arguments a lot..."

Author's Note:

I'm still requesting people to come up with the names of the other Councilponies...

This chapter would have been longer, but I have a headache... and that's fucking up my eyesight and imagination... So here's a short chapter.