• Published 15th May 2013
  • 4,637 Views, 145 Comments

A New Equestria - ZeirMakavar



With the finding of a new lush land Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack are sent out to found Equestria's first colony.

  • ...
7
 145
 4,637

Investigations and Secret Ponies

Chapter 4

Investigations and Secret Ponies

Dear Celestia,

It's been a week sense the second team arrived to conduct it's investigation into what exactly we had discovered was. They have been working round the clock, and have been an excellent help in my own personally investigation. I had ut to of them on the death of Dusk Shine.

What they unearthed worries me. Or I should say, what they haven't unearthed. The two I placed on Dusk Shine's death, were according to all my sources, the best investigators in all of Equestria. Could it be that we are dealing with forces we don't fully understand? Could there be something here that we've never met before? I'm at a loss for anything.

The only thing that worries me the most, is the message that was left written in Dusk Shine's blood. Seventh Star, who was Dusk Shine's second in command, seemed to believe that it was a threat directed to me. He then proceeded to inform the guards, even after I told him not to. I know he had the best interests of the colony in hoof, but some of the guards have families with foals. Foals that are Cutie Mark Crusaders. You remember them don't you? From last years Gala?

There may have only been three there, but imagine having 13 in an area, all giddied up for adventure...

I've had, an eventful past few months to say the least.

Your student,

Twilight Sparkle.


Twilight sighed, as she left the post office. She looked around at the growing town, a smile on her face. She was proud of herself, and if Celestia's letters were any indication, so were the royal sisters. Here they were, in a new land. And here was a town, almost a year old, that was growing because of Twilight's influence. Twilight stopped near an alley, looking around. A thought had dawned on her, did that reflect on her as a ruler? Or did it reflect on the Sisters? She shook her head, sighing. It didn't matter who it reflected upon, her position as liaison to the crowned sisters would still be the same.

She sighed, nodding her head just as an unknown pony tackled her. Her assailant seemed to know who she was and what she was capable of, as one of the first things they did was pin her wings down. "You have... been warned Twilight Sparkle." Her assailant whispered, before jumping off of her.

Twilight blinked, looking around the dark alley. She used her horn to make some light in the area, yet found no pony who could have been the pony in question. She then shook her head and began the walk to the town hall. This, had to be reported to the small group of ponies in the town that knew of the fountain. She was calling in everyone who did.

Once the group of ponies who she trusted with the information had gathered in the meeting room Twilight began to recount the events of the past month. Going from the information on Dusk Shine's murder, all the way to the mysterious assailant who attacked her. The two Griffons there, were furious.

"No!" Hale, the Griffon liaison there, yelled. "I care not for your pony matters Princess Sparkle. The moment this group of ponies laid their hand upon you, it became a matter of royal responsibility. I must return to Equestria. I must order more Griffons come here. There must be better security. Security that will rival Canterlot." He sighed, looking at the other Griffon, who nodded. "I believe your brother Shining Armor would agree." He then left the room, along with the other Griffon.

"Star?"

"Yes ma'am?"

"I think you should send word of what happened today to Celestia." Twilight sighed, looking around at the ponies still there. "Please can you do that for me? Before the Griffons return?"

"Ma'am." He said, as she dismissed him.

"Oh Miss Sparkle, are you sure you don't need rest? I would be in my house now cowering in fear if I was you." Green Hunter smiled, patting Twilight's head. "Well, I'd love to stay, but I have a business to run. And you have a city to run." He smiled, bowing to Twilight.

"You sure you trust him?" Rainbow asked, watching the noble pony leave. "I think he's planning something. Can't really put a hoof on it but he is."


Seventh Star looked around his office, sighing. This was Dusk Shine's office, but the council actually elected him as the next head of guard. They didn't know this, but it worked out perfectly for him. The people he worked for, truly worked for needed someone close to Twilight. He looked around again, locking the door to make sure no pony interrupted him. He then placed a few spells upon the door and walls, to keep nosy ears away.

Once he was sure it was safe, he pulled out a small silver orb out of his desk. It was time for a report. "Why is your report so late Dusk Shine?" Came the familiar voice of the one he and the other members only knew as Master.

"Master, Dusk Shine has been killed." He replied, sighing. "This is Star Shine."

"Star?" The voice questioned, clearly confused. "Why are you using Dusk's comm? Is yours not working?"

"Circumstances have not let me reach it. There was an... incursion." He replied to the voice, looking around nervously as if he expected some force to attack him. "Three fillies had appeared in side the forest, I had to vacate before I was caught."

"You did a wise move Star..." The voice sounded pleased. "Now, tell me everything. It seems that you are now in charge of that section."

"Yes sir Master." Seventh said, a soft smile on his face. He then recounted the past events of the last few months, sense Dusk Shine's death.

Once he finished, the voice seemed quite. It was a few seconds after Seventh finished before the voice spoke. "You must make sure these, griffons, do not make it to land. If they do, and proceed to begin searching they will find the orbs. And in turn our operatives." The voice was quite for a few seconds. "That is the last thing I... we want. Understand?"

"Yes sir Master."

"Now, return to your 'duties' Star."

"Yes sir Master."


Twilight sighed, as Pinkie gave her a massage. At first Twilight was surprised that Pinkie would suggest something along those lines, but quickly found out that Pinkie was, surprisingly good at massaging. "What can't you do Pinkie?" Rainbow Dash asked, shaking her head. "You're an impossible pony..."

"Um... duh. I can't fly Dashie." Pinkie said, in her unique way. "That's like... for you and Twili."

Twilight blinked, as Rainbow sighed. "Well, Pinkie. Last time I heard, you have chased Rainbow Dash using a flying contraption." Twilight smiled, taking Rainbow's side in the Pinkie argument. "So, by all means you can fly. Though it's not like those of us with wings, you still can fly."

"Huh... never thought of it that way..." Pinkie mumbled, looking around. "Say, weren't those cute little fillies here a second ago?"

"Uh oh..." Both Rainbow and Twilight moaned.

Before the mares could gather themselves and head out to find the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Seventh Star approached them. "Ma'am." He said, bowing to each of the mares. "Princess Celestia has been informed of Lord Hale's intended actions. As well as the assault that you went through earlier in the day." He looked at each of them in turn, before speaking again. "The royal Princess also told me to mention to you that she believed that Lord Hale was... half right. She will be sending more guards immediately, and will attempt to avoid conflict with the Griffons. They seem adamant in having their own presence here. Lord Farseer even mentioned having a Griffon settlement here, separate from ours."

Author's Note:

This Chapter was brought to you by:
Lack of sleep and Chrysalis' Changeling Swarm, go support them. The swarm that is, not lack of sleep. No pony should have lack of sleep... even me... maybe I should sleep... But I want to write!