• Published 15th May 2013
  • 4,637 Views, 145 Comments

A New Equestria - ZeirMakavar



With the finding of a new lush land Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack are sent out to found Equestria's first colony.

  • ...
7
 145
 4,637

Guardians of the Moon

Chapter 20

Guardian's of The Moon

"Make sure the Guardians of the Moon fall."



Those were his orders. It's what he had to do. Yet watching Rainbow Dash and her friends, he couldn't help feeling guilt. Shinze knew that there would come a time, where rainbow knew the real reason he was there. At first, it worried him. The aftermath. The eventual feeling of betrayal that she would undoubtedly feel. But, he also knew that time would hopefully heal the wounds that finding the truth would bring.

And because of this, he knew what had to be done.


"Hey, has anyone seen Shinze?" Rainbow Dash asked, three days later. "I haven't seen him in awhile."

"No, not really..." Cloudchaser chuckled, shaking her head. "Haven't seen him sense you last saw him. Why?"

"I just wanted to ask him a couple of things." Rainbow Dash sighed, looking down. "Like... why he hasn't reported in three days."

"What, do you really expect a Changeling to fully obey any of us?" Trixie chuckled, shaking her head. "No, I'm suprised he listened to you for as long as he did."

"That's true..." Rainbow sighed, just as an alarm sounded.

"We got a hit!" Trixie said, excitedly. "Large traces of Sigil magic being used in sector three, just outside the city."

"Alright, time to get going." Rainbow chuckled, looking at the screen. "This could be Hunter making his move."

"Can you read me?" Rainbow Dash asked, at the mobil base they set up, just south of where the trail ended.

"Loud and clear." Trixie said, back at HQ. "The trail ends slightly north of your location. Not really sure what he's planning though... as it's just a small clearing."

"Okay, then approach slowly. Remember, the target might be Hunter. He is a know user of Blood Magic and may have someone with him."

"Hello Rainbow Dash." Hunter said, as the approached him. "I've got something for you."

"Rainbow help!" Scootaloo yelped, her wings and limbs tied, as well as being tied to her two friends Applebloom and Sweetie Bell.

"Let them go Hunter." Rainbow said, her tone flat.

"I see the Moon chose you as a guardian."

"No small talk." Rainbow ordered, her tone growing angrier with each word. "Let them go. I'll have no qualms about killing you."

"Sad to see you like this though..." Hunter chuckled, seeming to ignore her demands. "A guardian of the moon. How sad, you had so much... potential." He chuckled, shaking his head. "You really fell for what Deacon told you about them didn't you?"

"What do you mean?"

"The whole story? About the Moon, and why he says the guardians exist?" Hunter continued chuckling, as Cloudchaser and the Doctor circled around him, hoping to either get the fillies, or to catch him by surprise. "Well,what say you to me telling you a secret?"

"What secret?" Rainbow said, confusion included now with her anger.

"It was all a lie." Hunter said smiling. "Even his 'identity' was fabricated by Celestia and Luna. The moon had nothing to do with magic, or anything except the darker aspects of life. In fact I, and the people I work for, only hope to remove the wool from the eyes of the ponies. By, taking down the Moons guardians."

"How do I know that you're not lying?" Rainbow asked, glaring at him.

"Because I told him all this." Shinze chuckled, walking in from behind Rainbow Dash. "I indoctrinated him into the order of Knights Templar. I taught him all he knows."

Seeing Shinze, and him declaring himself her enemy, was both a good and bad feeling for Rainbow. "Shinze..." Rainbow blinked, all but confusion leaving her mind. "Shinze I... why?"

"Why?" He chuckled, shaking his head as he walked over to Hunter. "Because, I was ordered to."

What happened next, happened in what seemed like an instant to Rainbow Dash. Shinze winking at her, then turned onto Hunter. Pinning Hunter, he bucked the cloaked stallion away towards Rainbow Dash. "I'd hurry up and subdue him. Rainbow." He said, chuckling softly. "Didn't expect this did you Hunter?"

"Why?" Hunter asked, his turn to be confused.

"Because," He said as he turned from his bug-like form to a deep blue pegasus. "I've been serving Deacon this entire time."

"Wait..." Rainbow blinked, as she looked from the subdued stallion that was under her, to Shinze. "Then do you mean... Are you one of those Guardians?"

"And if I am?"

"Why didn't you tell me?" Rainbow asked, sighing. "It would have made things easier."

"Well..."

"You even knew that it was Hunter that was killing every pony."

"Um... you see."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Now isn't the time to be worrying about things like that." Shinze sighed, just as the stallion broke free from Rainbow Dash. Though this didn't last long as Heaven dropped down onto the Stallion, from no where.

"Woah, where did you..."

"Spatial magic, remember Rainbow Dash?" Heaven chuckled, pinning her brother to the ground, in a way that made both Shinze and Rainbow flinch.

"So, should we contact Twilight and Applejack?" Rainbow asked, just as Cloudchaser and the Doctor finished untying the fillies. "Applejack especially, she's going to want to know that Applebloom is safe."

"Yes, I agree." Trixie chuckled, as Rainbow hard clicking threw the headsets. "I'll let them know."

"Thank you Trixie."

To be continued, in Book 2.

Author's Note:

Well, not exactly the climatic end I was hoping for... But it'll do.