• Published 15th May 2013
  • 4,637 Views, 145 Comments

A New Equestria - ZeirMakavar



With the finding of a new lush land Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack are sent out to found Equestria's first colony.

  • ...
7
 145
 4,637

Revelations

Chapter 6

Revelations

"And I want the truth Twi. The real truth." Rainbow continued, ignoring Twilight. "I mean it Twi, the truth. Not some hair-brained excuse that nobles would give."

"Rainbow... I only asked him to take my shape this one time, I had to deal with Pinkie..." Twilight admitted, looking away. Rainbow raised an eyebrow, half doubting Twilight. "And maybe during a couple of Town meetings... but I swear, that is all."

"Pinkie swear?"

"Cross my heart, and hope to fly. Stick a cupcake in my... OW!" Twilight grumbled, rubbing the eye she just proceeded to poke.

"You better be telling the truth Twi." Rainbow grumbled, sighing she shook her head mumbling. "I swear if I find out that you're lying then I'll... I'll... bah I don't know what I'd do but I'll do something!"

Twilight chuckled, nodding her head. "I'll keep that in mind Rainbow." She responded, smiling. "Next time I'll keep you in the loop. Okay?"

"And Applejack... Pinkie too." Rainbow stated, glaring at Twilight and Seventh both. "They both need to know what your doing Twi."

"Sure, I'll inform Applejack as well... And Rainbow?"

"Yeah Twi?"

"I thought that I'd tell you it was Pinkie's idea." Twilight smiled, nodding her head. Seventh nodded his head as well, a stoic look on his face. "Though I still want to know how she knew that you were one of the Changelings that Celestia placed to protect me Star..."

"I believe that it is this 'Pinkie Sense' ma'am." Star responded to Twilight's question. "That is the only... reasonable explanation."

Twilight nodded, a soft smile on her face. She looked at Rainbow, who nodded as well. The two mares chuckled, as Star shifted slightly. "What's wrong?" Rainbow asked, poking Star. "We makin' you nervous? Is little changeling guard nervous?"

Twilight shook her head sighing, as Star slightly growled at Rainbow. "Do not think that your position as an Element, or as a council member will stop me from throwing you into a jail cell Rainbow Dash."

Rainbow blinked, at the sudden aggressiveness that Seventh showed. She looked away, a slight blush on her face. "R-right... um... hey, if you're a changeling then is Midnight one also? Or are you portraying as her brother?"

"My sister is truly my sister. She too is a changeling... well, half Changeling." He mumbled the last part, looking away.

"Half Changeling?" Both Twilight and Rainbow blinked, looking shocked that that was possible. They looked at each other, blinking at their similar looks. "So... ponies and changelings can mate together?" Rainbow blinked, looking at Twilight.

"Well, from my initial analysis of... um... Wubsy, I concluded that Changelings and Ponies are actually rather closely related. Well, I should say Changelings and Alicorns."

"Wait, just Alicorns?" Rainbow blinked, even more confused. "Why not pegasi, or unicorns?"

"I don't get it myself either Rainbow." Twilight shook her head sighing. "All my research says that the actual physiology of each pony race is actually different. But, as we saw with the Cakes. Each one is close enough to mate with each of the other races. Even Alicorns, could mate. If my calculations are correct that is... but what surprised me was how close Changelings and Alicorns were..." She looked at Seventh then at Rainbow. "It's almost as if they came from a similar ancestor. And if my research are correct, then the other pony races came from Alicorns... which would change everything."

Both Rainbow Dash and Seventh Star looked at Twilight in an awkward silence. It was actually Star who spoke up next. "So, then why can a changeling and a pony, that's not an Alicorn, mate? Wouldn't their physiology be to far apart?"

"No, I think it's the same as why a pony could mate with an Alicorn, it's just to close to matter. I mean, look at your true form. You have wings and a horn. You're practically a bug-like Alicorn. Your whole race is. I'd go so far as say that Chrysalis is the last of the 'Alicorn' Changelings if you will... You Star, Wubsy, and changelings like you would be the 'pony' changelings. The next Changelings in the evolutionary chain. That would explain why there is an increasing number of autonomic Changelings."

Rainbow, who had been sitting in silence up until now, finally spoke. "All this stuff you've found out... It's because you've been researching that fountain haven't you?"

Twilight looked away, slightly blushing. "Okay, I will admit one thing... I may have taken a couple of gulps from that weird liquid in the fountain." At this, both Rainbow and Star tensed up, for different reasons. "It was only a couple... of glasses... But that's not the point! Once I did I could focus so much better! Even my magical ability increased!"

Rainbow blinked, and Star looked nervous. "Um.. that's great Twi... so is the fountain not dangerous? We can remove the restriction?"

Twilight sighed, shaking her head. "No." She mumbled, sighing once again. "In fact, I'd say that anypony that's not actively researching the fountain and the liquid substance it contains should not be allowed near it." Rainbow blinked, confused. And there was a noticeable sigh of relief from Star. "Think about it Rainbow. It increased my ability. Imagine what would happen if anypony from Canterlot heard of the fountain. That forest is very valuable, even without the fountain. I don't want any business pony mucking it up for sales before we fully understand what it is. Even then only trained ponies should enter the forest."

Rainbow nodded, a soft frown on her face. "R-right... Hey Twi."

"I'm not drinking from the fountain again Rainbow." Twilight sighed, still looking away. "Drinking from it... it actually scared me as to what it did. I don't want any pony drinking from it. That means all of us Rainbow. Understand?"

"Right. But that's not what I was going to say."

"What?"

"Where did Star go? I mean, he was right next to me a second ago..."


Star yawned, the whole thing about the fountain worried him at first. But once Twilight had mentioned nopony going near it, he relaxed enough to yawn. He smiled softly, a changeling, yawning. He'd been in pony form for far to long. He was still softly when Twilight chose to speak up again. "Think about it Rainbow." She said, towards the blue one that he understood was a friend. "It increased my ability. Imagine what would happen..."

Star blinked confused as to why Twilight suddenly stopped talking. It took what his eyes were seeing a couple of seconds to be comprehended. He was teleported away.

He didn't know where, as he'd never seen this giant cave he was in before. He looked around worried, wondering how he would get out, and where he was. How was he supposed to protect Twilight Sparkle, as was his cover, if he wasn't even anywhere close to the Alicorn.

In his frantic wanderings while he looked for a way out, he passed a few things that made him stop. Though each one distracted him for only a few seconds. Each one, he didn't realize gave him clues to where he was.

It was around three or four hours later that he came upon a sight that made him stop completely. He now found himself at the mouth of a unfathomly large cavern. Though that's not what caught his eye. To his left he could see a lake.

A lake of the same liquid as was in the fountain.

Seventh found himself slowly walking up to the lake, it bemused him. Though he already knew the stuff about the fountain that Twilight discovered only after drinking from it, the liquid still eluded him as to exactly what it was. He had a feeling that Master knew exactly what it was, but he didn't care. If Master wanted to tell him, Master would tell him.

He understood that there was no goading Master, or you'd find yourself in a ditch. Dead.

Seventh blinked, looking around. A strange thought had passed his mind. Master informed any new member that his word was law, and breaking the rules was punishable by death. Had Dusk Shine broke any of the rules? Was he dead because he questioned Master? Or was something else at...

"Hello little one." A familiar voice sounded, causing Star to jump in freight. He then blinked, the liquid hadn't responded to the loudness of the voice. He looked around to see where the source was.

And in the darkness, he found two large reptilian eyes.

"It's a pleasure finally meeting you in person."

"Master?"

The dragon's eyes seemed to smile. Though at least in Seventh's eyes they did. He didn't see much more of the dragon the the eyes. The eyes that had to be as large as he was.


Star blinked, waking up in his office. He looked around sighing. He stretched out his body from the awkward nap he just took. He then felt his wings flutter slight. Wings? He glanced at a mirror and saw that during his nap, his disguise must have deactivated. Quickly changing back into the earth pony that the guards knew as Seventh Star, he smiled softly. Shaking his head he mumbled something under his breath before he moved to go apologize about his disappearance to Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle.

"And remember Star, what you learned here today must never leave this cave. Can you promis me that?"

That single thought passed his mind as he left his office. He chuckled, knowing full well what the answer was.

Yes.

He was a changeling, a race bred to keep secrets. Though right now he looked like an earth pony that rose to be head of the guard, at heart he was a changeling.
He blinked, looking around. Who was this Wubsy that Twilight mentioned? Twilight had said something about the changeling Wubsy, and research. Why would Twilight be studying Changelings?

He sighed shaking his head. Because that was her previous assignment, from Celestia. Though now she had to worry about Politicians and noble ponies, before she was studying Changelings, to better understand them.

"Oh there you are! Hey Twi! I found him!" Rainbow Dash smiled, landing down next to Star.

"Where have you been Star? We've been looking for you for hours!" Twilight asked, sounding worried. She looked him over, almost as a mother would when she found her child had been in a fight.

"I apologize, there was some paper work that had to be taken care of. Paperwork that was put aside to help Twilight." He responded to Twilight's question, which caused Twilight and Rainbow to shift nervously. He blinked, he seemed to remember walking from the cave to his office. He also remember that he actually did do the paperwork. What he didn't remember was where the cave was. Or who that surprise guest in the cave was either. He shook his head sighing. The memory wasn't important to him at the moment.

"Yeah... now that I think about it don't you have some paperwork Rainbow?" Twilight blinked, looking at Rainbow. "Why were you spying on me?"

"Well... I wasn't spying!" Rainbow said, defensively. "I was... um... napping..."


Luna sighed, shaking her head. She was walking up towards her sister's personal quarters. There were a few things she needed to talk to her about. "Tia?" She asked softly, knocking on the door.

"You can come in Luna. You know you always have my permission, your my sister."

Luna nodded, softly sighing. She then walked into Celestia's room, looking around. It had been the better part of a thousand years sense she'd been in there, it hadn't changed. "I've read the letters that Twilight sent about her research with the Fountain. Are you sure it's wise to trust Farseer's griffons with the protecting of this fountain? What if he's planning something? Is our Changeling guard not good enough?" Luna asked, worry in her voice.

"Yes Luna." Celestia smiled, patting Luna on the shoulder. "Besides, I've been told that Twilight has even banned everpony except those directly studying the fountain from going near it."

"You went to visit Deacon haven't you?" Luna asked, looking up at Celestia.

"And if I have?"

"You know hold old that dragon is Tia!" Luna complained, anger in her voice. "You know the things he's done! The... the amounts of ponies he's killed!" Luna looked away from her sister, slowly walking away. "Why Tia? Why would you trust him? Do you not trust your student to tell you in her own time?" Luna looked back, at Celestia, who was blinking in shock. "Well?"

"I do Luna." Celestia sighed, looking out a window. "And I do believe she will, but I had to go Luna. He's planning on telling Twilight. On telling her everything."

"Everything?" Luna blinked, now also looking out a window. "She won't take the truth very well."

"Neither did we."

"This is true."

"It even caused us to fight. You turned into Nightmare Moon."

"Yes... I know Tia."

It was then that a guard approached each of them. "Princess, your ship is ready to depart." He informed Celestia, before excussing himself.

"Well, I guess I have a colony to go visit." Celestia smiled, chuckling softly

"Tia?"

"Yes Luna"

"I'm going with."

"If you wish."


"Ma'am?" Seventh Star said, walking up to Twilight during a particularly boring council meeting. Rainbow could be seen from her seat watching the two. "I have come to inform you that the Sisters's ship will be arriving shortly."

"Sisters?" Twilight blinked, looking at Seventh. "Only Celestia is coming Star..."

"I have also come to inform you that Princess Luna will be joining Princess Celestia in her visit."

Everyone grew quite at this revelation. Each member of the council looked up to Luna, as without her suggestion they would not have the position they had today. The Earth ponies especially looked up to Luna.

The council was made by Luna's suggestion back in Canterlot. It worked so well, that Twilight had wanted to see how it would work without the prying eyes of the sisters. That, and how it would work if it was the council who was in charge, not the Royals. All in all, Twilight was proud of the results of the first election.

There were thirteen council members of the thirteen four of them were Earth ponies, counting Applejack. Three of the remaining nine were Pegasi, counting Rainbow Dash. Then five of the six were Unicorns, with Twilight being the remaining member of the council. Though Twilight would have liked it if Rarity was there to help keep the Unicorns in check.

Almost immediately after the elections were complete the Unicorn nobles had begun to try and regain the ground they lost because of the wait. Of course, this was met with a ton of opposition, as the earth ponies supported Twilight. And the pegasi supported Rainbow Dash, who trusted Twilight.

And now, the entire council had just received word that the orchestrator to the birth of the Canterlot Council, Princess Luna herself, would be coming to the colony. Though they were overjoyed that Celestia would be coming, Luna would as well.

And their reaction to Luna coming was different then when Twilight told them Celestia was coming.

"Where is the pink pony? We must prepare for Luna's arrival!"

"The Princess of the night? Here? Where is Pinkie Pie?"

"The Pink one! Find her now!"

"Yes! Gather the Pink one! Princess Luna is coming!"

Twilight shook her head, as she glanced at Rainbow, who was smiling as much as the other Pegasi. They both then nodded, as they left the council room with Seventh Star. It seemed that none of the others in the council noticed that Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Star all left the room. Or that the door they left out of turned out to be a bookcase.

"Are you sure Star?" Twilight asked, as more shouts to find Pinkie Pie could be heard. "Is Luna coming as well?"

"That is what the Changeling stationed on the boat said." He nodded, speaking softly. "He saw himself both Celestia and Luna getting on the boat. I know not why Luna would need to come here."

"It might have to do with the fountain." Rainbow pointed out, which got nods from each of them. "I mean, Twi's been sending reports on the progress of the research to Celestia, and I don't see a reason why she'd hide that info from her sister. They both rule Equestria..."

"We got your point already Rainbow." Applejack sighed, looking at each of them. "Even still, both of them are coming. And I agree with them." She waived a hoof at the door separating them from the rest of the council. "We should prepare for their arrival. How long does Pinkie have to get together something for Luna as well Star?" Applejack asked, looking at Seventh.

"If the report is correct, then the Sisters will be here in two hours."

"She's prepared better parties in half that time... right?" Rainbow blinked worried. "I mean... it's because of Luna that the... and we should do something..." Rainbow rested her head down on her forehooves, sighing.

"Trust me Rainbow, I think Pinkie Pie knew the whole time that both of them were coming." Twilight smiled, looking out one of the windows. "Look." There it was, a large banner facing towards the docks that Pinkie had made a couple of days earlier. Pinkie looked at Twilight, before waiving frantically at them.

"Welcome to the Colony!"

"Princess Celestia and Princess Luna!"

Rainbow shook her head, a soft smile on her face. "I wish I knew how she did that..."

Author's Note:

Well, with the adding of the council member's into the fray. I now have 10 more OCs needed in the story... So, I ask YOU to give me OCs. I'll make a blog post about it with some rules as to how I'll accept them. But start making those OCs! You might get an actual physical part of A New Equestria.

This chapter has been brought to you by:
You. The reader.