• Published 15th May 2013
  • 4,637 Views, 145 Comments

A New Equestria - ZeirMakavar



With the finding of a new lush land Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack are sent out to found Equestria's first colony.

  • ...
7
 145
 4,637

...for a better tomorrow

Chapter 13

...for a better tomorrow

"Well, yes... there have been no more attacks..." Twilight sighed, looking away. "But, I looked at the evidence again, and there is no way that it could have been Rainbow. I think she may have been framed."

"And you come to me because?"

"Because I looked into the area's that were attacked." Twilight stated, her tone going flat. "One of the shoppes that burned down were yours. I had figured that you'd have called for an Investigation of your own."

"I did." Hunter lied, though Twilight might not have caught the lie. "The results were the same as yours. If in deed Rainbow was framed, then it was an excellent job. No pony could have noticed but you."

"So you was right, Green did do his own investigation." Applejack smiled, nodding her head. "I guess your better at figuring stuff out then most of us normal ponies."

Twilight shook her head softly. "No, he was lying." Twilight stated, sighing. "I have a feeling he didn't tell me the whole truth. He might have done an investigation, but he found something out..." She looked around sighing softly. She then looked at Seventh, before speaking again. "Star, I want you to put someone on him. Watch his movements, I have a sinking suspicion he knows something."

Seventh Star nodded, he turned to leave but turned back to Twilight. "Do you want me to contact Umbra? We could use them."

"No," Twilight waved a hoof at him. "It's to soon to use Umbra, let Rainbow get used to her role first before we start barking orders at them." Seventh nodded, before leaving Twilight's office. "Great..."

"What wrong sugarcube?"

"Now we have to go and explain to the council about Rainbow's disappearance."

"No we don't. No pony said we had to tell the council everything." Applejack said, a soft smile on her face. " And don't give me that whole element of honesty thing... we're politicians now Twi, and from what I hear lying comes with the job."

"Well, it just... why shouldn't we tell them?" Twilight blinked, as she got up to leave her office with Applejack. "They were the ones who were in an uproar because Rainbow was arrested, they were the ones that wanted her to be freed... especially the pegasi."

"That's exactly why we can't tell them." Applejack noted. "If we did, their first demand would be to see Dash. She needs to focus on her job right?" Twilight nodded silently, "Well then she should be left alone to do her job."

"I suppose you are right." Twilight sighed, shaking her head mumbling.

The two mares had left the Council Hall building a short few minutes later, a soft silence between the two. Twilight blinked, as she saw Seventh standing near the road. He had a blank look on his face. "Star?" She asked, waving a hoof in front of his face. "Are you alright? What happened to putting someone on tailing Green Hunter?"

Seventh shook his head, returning to consciousness, he blinked looking aT Twilight. Wait, Twilight? Did he not decide to tail Hunter himself? Why was Twilight there with him? "I apologize ma'am. I must have dozed off, for the last thing I remember is deciding to tail Green Hunter myself."

"I see..." Twilight looked around, sighing. "Okay, what I'm about to do is going to feel strange Star, but trust me okay?"

"Yes ma'am." Seventh Star said, seconds before it felt as if a second consciousness was in his mind, which sent shivers down his spine. And he unconsciously closed his eyes.


When Seventh Star opened his eyes, he had just left Twilight's office. What was it that he needed to do? Right, get somepony to tail Green Hunter. Star shook his head sighing. "No, I must do this myself." He mumbled to himself, looking around. He began to slither around the building looking for Hunter, and he quickly found him.

It didn't seem as though Green Hunter was doing anything that warranted his arrest, unless he knew he was being tailed. Grab cup of coffee, drink coffee. Talk to co-worker, get some water. Poor some water in too hot coffee. Head to bathroom, be in bathroom for a while. Perhaps he has bladder problems? Leaves bathroom to head back to office. Is in office for sometime, then heads out front door.

Seventh Star then blinked, looking at the pony who was talking with Green Lantern. He didn't recognize the pony, but that didn't matter the mare was wearing a cloak. Seventh just needed a good look at her face and then he'd be able to find out who she was.

And he might get his chance, the two had stopped talking and the mare was now turning to look in Seventh's direction.

And then everything went black.


"Damn," Twilight grumbled as the spell disengaged. "If only I could have gotten a couple of seconds."

"Ma'am..."

"Yes," Twilight blinked, looking at Seventh.

"I do not remember any of what we just saw. The last thing I remember is leaving your office, is that how I got out here?"

Twilight nodded, sitting down she looked around. "Come to think of it... when I went to see Green Hunter three days ago, he had a visitor that looked a lot like that mare."

"Could it have been her?" Applejack asked, also looking around.

"No," Twilight answered, shaking her head. "The one I saw was clearly a stallion. Who ever these two are, they seem important to Green Hunter."

"Perhaps they are the private investigators that he has?" Applejack put forth, a soft smile on her face. "I highly doubt that they'd have anything to do with the case beyond that."

Both Twilight and Seventh nodded their heads, as Hunter had always been lax in explaining how he got his information. "Perhaps you are right." Twilight mumbled, getting up. "But I still want someone trailing Hunter."

Author's Note:

I lied, I'm releasing this chapter today (29th) instead of tomorrow (30th)