• Published 15th May 2013
  • 4,637 Views, 145 Comments

A New Equestria - ZeirMakavar



With the finding of a new lush land Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack are sent out to found Equestria's first colony.

  • ...
7
 145
 4,637

"For Shits and Giggles"

Chapter 7

"For Shits and Giggles" [1]

Deacon sighed, looking around his cave. He smiled softly at what was going around. Though many of the ponies didn't know it, he was there, resting underneath the ground. His cave had a secret entrance to it that only Celestia knew of. He liked it that way, getting regular visits from the Alicorn. He had watched her grow up, and was about as overjoyed as she was when word reached his ears that the Alicorn had something neither of them expected. A younger sister.

His smile then grew slightly, the happy memories of the past entering the front of his memories. He was just about to rest his head down to take a nap, probably another one for a couple of days, when movement disturbed him. "Who is there?" His voice boomed across the cave. "Celestia? Is that you again? My... so many visits in the past week, are you really that worried of you... Oh. It's you."

"Hello Deacon." A unicorn smiled, walking up to the ledge that most ponies who met the dragon sat. "It's been to long. To long sense I've had time to come and see you hasn't it Deacon."

"Don't think I don't know what your thinking boy." Deacon said, glaring at the Unicorn. "Though what eludes me as to why? You were my best student here. You were... are the best at manipulating the ponies around you to benefit the fountain. Why? Why use the fountain? What could get you to use the fountain in that way?"

"Why?" The unicorn chuckled, in a slightly crazed way. "You ask me why, and yet you say you know what I'm thinking. If you do know, then why should I tell you."

"I want to hear it from you."

"Shits my friend." The unicorn turned to leave the cave. "I'm doing it for shits and giggles." And with that, he left.

Deacon sighed, shaking his head. "This... complicates things." He sighed, as a large spherical object rose from the depths of his cave.

"Yes Master?" The familiar voice of Seventh Star asked from the orb. "You called?"


"Trust me Rainbow, I think Pinkie Pie knew the whole time that both of them were coming." Twilight smiled, looking out one of the windows. "Look." There it was, a large banner facing towards the docks that Pinkie had made a couple of days earlier. Pinkie looked at Twilight, before waiving frantically at them.

"Welcome to the Colony!"
"Princess Celestia and Princess Luna!"

Rainbow shook her head, a soft smile on her face. "I wish I knew how she did that..."

"I wouldn't mind knowing either..." Applejack sighed, waiving back at the pink mare. She looked around the street, before she burst out laughing. "It seems the others have found Pinkie as well." She pointed her hoof down at the street as the entire group of Councilponies who were left in the Council Room were there, eagerly trying to get the attention of the famous party pony.

"I wonder what Pinkie has planned for Luna..." Twilight mumbled, a soft smile on her face. She looked at Seventh, who proceeded to nod. "Well, it's safe for us to leave. Star assures that there are no ponies who don't know the secret on the other... Oh.. hello Discord..." Twilight blinked, having been the first pony out of the hidden room, she was greeted with Discord's face.

"Oh? We having a secret meeting and not telling Discord?" Discord smiled, looking around the hidden room. "Hm... not everpony is here... Hello little Changeling slash walking sensor." [2]

"My name is Seventh Star." Star growled at Discord. He never trusted the Draconequus, not now and not when he worked directly under Celestia. And why should he? The draconequus never gave him nor either of the sisters reason to trust him, yet they trusted him out of his prison? He shook his head softly before turning to Twilight. "Are you sure it is wise keeping this... thing here? Would it not be wise to send him back to Canterlot?"

"And risk sending your sister's best customer away?" Twilight chuckled, nodding at Discord. "May I ask why you are here Discord?"

"Well, I'd have been inside the room but you've made it impossible to enter through Magic. Oh, and that perception filter you put on the room is genius, how did you come up with it?" Discord chuckled, looking around inside the room.

"It's Changeling magic." Twilight smiled. "Having studied them, I found ways to disguise other ponies and... whole buildings as well. It's why they have horns. I thought that at first it was only to help with the disguise, but through my research I found that they are very close to Alicorns... very close." Twilight looked at Star, before smiling softly. "Do as you wish Discord, we actually were just leaving."

"Oh? So I missed your little get together?" Discord sighed, a faux tear being shed. "Oh, how that disappoints me."

"Yes, we actually have to go rescue Pinkie from being hounded by the Council."

"Oh? Pinkie Pie you say?"

"Yes, it seems Luna is coming here as well."

"Oh? Both of the sisters?" Discord smiled, thoughts of chaos and annoying both sisters entering his mind. "Well... this is going to be oh so much better."

A soft buzzing sound disturbed the group. With each person then looking at the source of the sound. It took Seventh a couple of seconds to realize what the buzzing sound was. Once he did he panicked slightly. "Um... excuse me. There is a matter of urgency that I must deal with."

Twilight nodded, a soft sigh escaping her. "What was that about?" Rainbow asked, blinking. She watched Star leave, blinking still.

"I wouldn't know Rainbow." Twilight sighed, a soft smile on her face. "Even with the research I do have, they are still a mystery to me."

"Right." Rainbow sighed, looking around the street. "Say, when did Star say that Celestia and Luna would be arriving?"

"Hm... In a couple of hours I think."

"Then why is everyone headed to the docks?"

"Hm... it does look like that..." Applejack mumbled, looking around. She then blinked, she smelt something that all farmponies knew. And feared. "They ain't heading to the docks Dash. They running."

"Running? From what?"

Applejack then pointed further into the city, the noblepony district, at a large smoke stack. "Fire." It was then that the three ponies began running, though it was the oposite direction as the other ponies.

When they arrived at the scene, the fire had spread from a corner shoppe, that would have Rarity screaming in rage, to three other buildings. And it was spreading despite the guard ponies efforts. "What is going on?" Rainbow asked one of them, one Forest West who was promoted to be the second in command by Star. "Why is it spreading instead of dying down? Your even putting water on it!"

"We don't know!" West responded, the pegasus yelling back at Rainbow. "The Unicorn guard that was here burned to a crisp when he approached it. Two others who came to help just died when they attempted to."

"Just died? What do you mean?" Twilight asked, calmer then Rainbow. "How did they die?"

"Well, according to what I understand. That's how." He said, looking at each of them, who had confused looks on their face. "Um... they just dropped dead. As if all the life force was drained out of them."

"A Cursed Fire..." Twilight mumbled, causing the three others to look at her. "It sounds like a cursed fire... one that was started by dark magics. And it looks like it was done by a powerful magic user as well." She watched the fire for a couple of seconds. "But not as powerful as me. I should be able to counter it, it should be easy to put it out after that."

West nodded, before ordering all of the guards away from the fire. Just in case. "Very well, please do anything that is needed."

Twilight nodded, before her eyes became completely white. Seconds later she blasted the fire with powerful magic, which cause anypony near her to be flown away. "That... That took more out of me then I thought it would." She sighed, a soft smile on her face. "You should be able to put it out now West. I'm glad we got to it when we did." She smiled, blacking out.

When Twilight finally came too she was still laying in the street. It had to have been more then a couple of minutes. She looked around at the scene. She smiled, glad that they put the fire out before any more buildings had started to catch fire. She stumbled slightly as she began walking to West. "Which building did it start in?" She asked him, as the mare silently pointed towards the shoppe. Twilight then blinked, it was a simple small family owned shoppe. Not really the kind of place a powerful magic user would consider a target. Something more was going on, something that was eluding Twilight. And Twilight planned on finding out what it was.

She sighed, looking around inside the shoppe for what she knew she would find. "A blood sigil." She mumbled to herself, looking at the symbol drawn on the wall. The symbol drawn in blood. "Tell me, who owned this shop?"

"A small middle class Unicorn mare." A pegasus guard said, holding a scroll. "Her name was Misty Winds."

"A Unicorn..." Twilight looked around. "Where is her body?" She asked the guard, before he pointed at a pile of ash near the sigil. "That's what I thought..."

"What you thought?" West blinked, looking at the sigil. "If you knew where Miss Winds was, then why did you ask?"

"To verify something." She turned to Rainbow, who had just entered the room. "Listen I want everyone out, those of you with clearance on... that, stay."

Rainbow raised an eyebrow, as most of the guards left. West didn't as she had been debriefed the day she was promoted. "You sure?"

"I've actually been here before Rainbow." Twilight sighed, looking around. "This doesn't happen in this neighborhood. I know a lot of these people... And... With the information on the Case of Dusk Shine, we found something interesting."

"Interesting? How interesting?"

"He.... he did it to himself." Twilight sighed, looking around the room. "And that's not all. On his body, we found that same sigil. I have no idea what it does... as Blood magic is supposed to be illegal."

"He did... Are you saying that he cut himself, proceeded to write in a dead language on his wall, with his own blood. Then go into the living room, hang himself while mutilating his own body... and then he slowly bleed to death?" Rainbow asked, looking around the burnt room.

"That's exactly what I'm saying Rainbow..." Twilight sighed, a soft smile on her face. "And it's worrying me that it's a blood magic user behind this..."

Author's Note:

1. The origin of the name of this chapter is because I wanted that villain.
In most stories you'll find, even here, the villain has some heart renching reason to why they are doing what they are doing, or because of plot points and they are there as the villain to have a villain, in the show Trixie comes to mind. There very rarely is a villain that does what they are doing "for shits and giggles" much like The Joker from batman, who did a lot of the things he did because "he could." And so without further ado, I give you ANOTHER LAYER TO THE STORY!
2. Yes, he actually says Changeling slash walking sensor. That's not a typo nor me attempting to have more words in the chapter. This is Discord we are talking about...