• Published 15th May 2013
  • 4,637 Views, 145 Comments

A New Equestria - ZeirMakavar



With the finding of a new lush land Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack are sent out to found Equestria's first colony.

  • ...
7
 145
 4,637

Cutie Mark Crusaders Special 1

Cutie Mark Crusaders Special 1[1]

"Hey, didn't you say that we'd go surprise Applejack once we got here?" Sweetie Belle asked, Scootaloo as they treaded on an unbeaten path. "And didn't I hear the guard pony that this place is off limits? He said this was off limits didn't he?"

"Yeah, he did." Scootaloo smiled, looking around before leaning forward. "But get this, I met up with some of our operatives here. And you know what they said about this place?"

"Um... no." Both Sweetie Belle and Applebloom said in unison.

"They didn't seal this place off, as a restricted section until Twilight got a word in from Discord." Scootaloo smiled, eagerness in her voice. "You here that? Discord himself came here and said this place should be sealed. Discord! Man, after hearing that I just have to check this place out. Right?" She looked over at Applebloom, then back at Sweetie Belle. "Right?"

Applebloom was the first to respond, slowly nodding her head. "Right... I guess that kinda makes sense." She mumbled, looking around. "But doesn't this place kinda look like... I dunno, it kinda looks like the Everfree forest to me... It's all dark and spooky."

"Well of course it's dark and spooky." Scootaloo sighed, her wings flapping slightly. "Were the first ponies here ever remember Applebloom? They don't even have a cloud city up and running yet."

"Oh yeah..." Applebloom sighed, relaxing slightly. "But still, we aren't allowed in the Everfree, maybe that's why they sealed it off. Because they need more pegasi to make it safe for ponies."

"Yeah? Then explain why Twilight called Discord here?" Scootaloo pointed out. "I know it couldn't have been because she wanted tea. I heard that she even sent a royal plea to Celestia to get him over here. Why would she do that if it was nothing?"

"Um... I don't know." Applebloom sighed, looking around. "So... um how far in should we go?"

"Far enough to find out why this area was sealed." Scootaloo said, before bumping into Sweetie Belle. "Hey what do you think you... are... what is that?" Scootaloo blinked, staring at the same thing as Sweetie Belle was.

"What's what?" Applebloom asked, who had been looking behind them before looking forward again. "Oh... that."

Before them, was a sight that not many ponies had seen. Perhaps no pony had ever seen it before the colony was formed. Before them was a forest, though it wasn't a regular forest. This forest was made out of what looked like ice. Frozen in time, for all the world to see it. As the young fillies walked into the area Sweetie Belle's horn sparkled, as if magic was being discharged, or absorbed. [2] "What is this place?" Scootaloo asked, glancing at Sweetie Belle's horn for a second before her eyes travelled around the area again. "Why is everything ice?"

"It's not ice..." Applebloom stated.

"Huh? No it's obviously ice." Scootaloo argued, looking at Applebloom.

"No, I know ice. I live on a farm remember?" Applebloom stated again, a soft smile on her face. "What ever this stuff is, no pony's ever seen it before."

"Hey, is water normally red... no, I mean green, no I mean... does water act like that?" Sweetie Belle asked, pointing towards something.
That something turned out to be a regal looking fountain. The water with in the fountain, certainly wasn't behaving as water should. In stead of leaving the fountain top, the water appeared to be entering it flowing upwards as if gravity didn't matter to it. But that wasn't the only thing that caught the fillies eyes. What did, was the waters other aspect. Every few seconds the water would change to a different color of the rainbow. There seemed to be no discernible patter to when the water would change color, or to what color. The fillies continued staring at the water for a couple of hours, though they didn't realize the passage of time happened.


"Ma'am?" A guard pony said, interrupting Twilight's conversation with Discord. "You told me to inform you directly when three certain fillies arrived in the colony."

"Yes?"

"Well, it seems the fillies in question have arrived." The guard said, which made Twilight sigh. "And ma'am. They seem to be headed... there."

"What?" Twilight blinked, looking at the guard pony. "Do you mean... where are they now? Did you stop them?"

The guard shook his head, which made Discord laugh. "Do you want to go talk to them? Or should I?" He asked Twilight, as he waved the guard away. "I can easily poof there and back. We can finish our talk then?"

"No, this is something I must do myself Discord. I think they've already found it anyway. So there's no use lying to them."

"Suit yourself." Discord said, as Twilight teleported away.


Scootaloo was the first to break out of their hypnotic like trance that the fountain seemed to hold them in. "Say, I got an idea..." She smiled, which woke the other two up.

"Huh? What?" They said, in unison.

"What if we were to, bottle some of that water up? We could sell it as a party prop... or... or maybe... um... think of something."

As Scootaloo thought of the many ways that they could sell the strange water, Applebloom and Sweetie Belle looked around for anything they could use to hold the water. It was then, that a familiar sounding pop reached their ears. "Uh oh." The three of them said, in unison.

"Now, I'm not going to ask you how you found out about this place. As I think I know who told you. But what I am going to ask, is what made you think it was wise to attempt to come here." Twilight Sparkle said, looking at each of the fillies in front of her.

"But Twilight..."

"No buts Scootaloo. I want a straight answer, from each of you."

"Well, you see. We kind of hitch-hiked a ride here on the last boat. We did that because we wanted to surprise Applejack and... well... Scootaloo heard this wild tale about how you called Discord over here to look at something in this forests and she said that we should go and check the place out because there could be some really cool stuff here, after all why else would Discord ask for an area to be sealed... and... and... well we found this fountain thingy and scootaloo said we should bottle up some of the weird water and sell it as a party prop." Sweetie Belle explained, all in one breath.

"Traitor." Scootaloo whispered to Sweetie Belle.

"Wow... really?" Scootaloo exclaimed, looking around the area. "Is this place really that important? I mean, Celestia requested Griffons guard this place? Dang..." Her smile was even greater then when she thought of the idea about the water.

"And that's not water... but something important to unicorns?" Sweetie Belle asked, looking at the fountain.

"Yes, in fact I'd go far as say this entire area is important." Twilight nodded, sighing softly. "That is why I requested it to be sealed as a restricted area. Not Discord, as your friend said. But it was my order." She smiled softly, looking at Scootaloo. "And I had it placed under restriction long before he arrived. I knew by the way my horn reacted to the area that it was important, Discord only confirmed my thoughts by telling me what it was."

"And what exactly is this place? You kind of left that out of your explanation." Scootaloo said, which caused Twilight to wince.

"Well, Discord left that out as well." Twilight admitted. "Though, if I were to guess. It has something to do with Alicorns." Nodding towards a statue on the Fountain, one that depicted an Alicorn. "I've asked for a team to come here and research it. Hopefully Celestia sent the best."

Author's Note:

1. Yes, I plan on doing multiple CMC specials. Though not sure how many.
2. for all you intelligent bronies out there who already knew what the 'water' was the moment they read about it. You are absolutely right. It's not water. Now scroll back up to the story, I'm not telling you what it is in the AN... no really I'm not telling you that the area is super charged with magic, and that fountain is a fountain of mana... oh... I just did.

Sorry for the delayed posting... Tumblr distracted me...