• Published 15th May 2013
  • 4,638 Views, 145 Comments

A New Equestria - ZeirMakavar



With the finding of a new lush land Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack are sent out to found Equestria's first colony.

  • ...
7
 145
 4,638

Hyrda and Spirit

Chapter 16

Hydra and Spirit

"Oh? How?" Shinze asked, looking at Rainbow. "The screen jumped, and in that time she pounced on the changeling, said a few choice words to him. From there, she received orders from the Unicorn, and walked away."

"No." Rainbow shook her head, sighing. "At that speed, it was impossible. Even for a Pegasi, which I know she is. What we are dealing with is another Sigil user."

"Sigil user?" Trixie said, a questioning tone in her voice. "But are we not dealing with a Blood Magic user? Is that not what you said?"

"That wasn't blood magic."

"What do you mean not blood magic?" Shinze asked blinking.

"Just that." Rainbow sighed, shaking her head. "Blood magic is about controlling a person against their will. And unless we're missing something, that wasn't manipulating somepony else. She teleported, I don't know how, but she did."

"This makes things interesting." Doctor said, a smile on his face.

"Do you always act this way?" Shinze asked him, raising an eyebrow.

"Um... Yes, now that I think about it, I do." Doctor chuckled, smiling. "Is that a problem? because I don't think i'll be changing how I act any time soon... Well, unless I die..."

"How's Derpy anyway?" Rainbow asked, turning to Doctor.

"Oh.... um... Well, you see that's an interesting story..." The stallion said, fumbling around. "You see... I seem to have lost her. Well, no, not mentally... But, well.... I have no idea where she is."

"Well, that's nice." Shinze said sarcastically. "Can we get back to the matter at hand?"



"Is there a reason you are so nervous?" Hydra Wolf asked the small mare beside him. "Princess Twilight had said they were nice people. Plus, we'll be with Rainbow Dash, the element of loyalty." He said, nodding.

"Well... but..." Free Spirit said, looking around nervously. "This is Spirit's first time here, and Papa isn't here so..." [1]

"Has this Chance ever been to the New World?" Hydra asked, blinking at the mare. "He seems to have travelled a lot."

"Oh yes." Spirit smiled nodding. "We travelled a great deal around Equestria. Spirit made lots of friends."

"Are any of them here?" Hydra questioned, raising an eyebrow. "In the new world that is."

"Um... Spirit doesn't know... Think first one here." Spirit said, smiling. "Papa isn't even here."

"Yes, I got that..." Hydra mumbled, shaking his head. "You said that before."

Spirit blinked looking away. "This really isn't Equestria is it."

"No, it isn't." Hydra agreed, as they walked up to what looked like their destination.

"What do you mean Twilight is sending two more people here?" Trixie blinked, almost ordering Doctor to explain. "I thought we were the only ones to be here!"

"Well, yes..." Doctor sighed, shaking his head. "I thought that as well. I assumed the five of us would be enough, but Twilight has other ideas." He shrugged, chuckling slightly. "Who am I to question her decisions."

"A Time Lord perhaps?" Rainbow Dash said, from behind Doctor. "And don't deny it Doctor. I recognized you right away. Now... I'd like to know how exactly you lost Derpy. She was supposed to be in charge of the weather team in Ponyville, or was when I left."

"Well..." Doctor sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. "It's a long story... And one I'm not to proud of... Can we discus that later?"

"Fine."

"Thank you." Doctor sighed, turning to look out a window as two ponies approached. "Ah! I believe that is them." He smiled, as they watched the mare poke at the barrier.

"Spirit's never seen anything like this up close." Spirit said, poking the barrier a couple more times as Rainbow Dash, Trixie, and The Doctor walked up. "I've seen it before... but not this close."

"It's a special barrier." Rainbow smiled, looking at Spirit. "I take it you are Free Spirit, and Hydra Wolf?"

"We are." Hydra said, smiling. "You would be Rainbow Dash?"

"The one and only." Rainbow said, chuckling. "Come on, it's best if you get in the barrier soon. Night fall is coming, and this place is worse the Everfree at night."

"Worse then Everfree?" Spirit blinked, looking around nervously. "Spirit's been to Everfree before... Not nice."

"No..." Rainbow chuckled, as they slowly walked to the castle. "No Everfree isn't nice."



"So hose were the recruits." Shinze asked, watching Spirit playing around outside. "The mare seemed interesting."

"She is." Rainbow nodded, a soft smile on her face. "Kind of reminds me of myself when I was younger."

"What are you an old grandma mare now?"

"You know what I mean Shinze." Rainbow sighed, shaking her head. She'd gotten used to Shinze's remarks over the time she's spent with him.

"Do I?" Shinze said, smirking. He nudged Rainbow slightly, nearly toppling her over. "Last I checked, you said I knew nothing about you." He smiled, pretending to recount something. "I believe it was when you were yelling at me for pulling that one prank on you... what was it... Oh yeah!" He chuckled again, a sly grin on his face. "It was when I switch all of you clothes with mareish ones."

Rainbow's eye twitched, indicating her anger. "I thought I told you to not speak of that again." She said, threw gritted teeth. "I said I'd kill you if you did."

"You can't." Shinze smiled, nodding his head. "Cause then I wouldn't be in the sequel."[2]

Author's Note:

1. Did I do Free Spirit justice?
2. Yes. That was absolutely required.