• Published 15th May 2013
  • 4,638 Views, 145 Comments

A New Equestria - ZeirMakavar



With the finding of a new lush land Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack are sent out to found Equestria's first colony.

  • ...
7
 145
 4,638

Betrayal in the works.

Chapter 19

Betrayal in the works.

"Well no, it's not that I hate him Rarity..." Rainbow Dash sighed, as she talked with Rarity through one of the orbs that Deacon provided them, though how they got back to Equestria confused Rainbow "I mean, I like him yeah, but..."

"Go on dear." Rarity said smiling after Rainbow was silent for a bit.

"Well, he's annoying." She then sighed shaking her head. "I mean, he just sits around making sarcastic comments and teasing me... He's like a schoolcolt in his attitude..."

"Dear, have you ever thought that he might be lying about how he said he didn't like you?"

"Of course he doesn't..." Rainbow sighed definitively. "For one, if he did he wouldn't have said it sarcastically..."

"He could have been doing it deliberately Rainbow Dash." Rarity sighed.

"What ever, I'm not dating him Rarity." Rainbow said, shaking her head. "No matter what you, or he says."

Sighing for a third time, Rainbow Dash looked into the mirror in the bathroom, the black markings staring back at her. "I wish I knew what these things were for..." She mumbled, putting her hoof on the mirror. "It kind of looks cool though..."

"Contemplating something young Rainbow Dash?" A familiar voice asked her, as Deacon walked into the room.

"Hey!" Rainbow blinked, looking around. "W-What are you doing here? Isn't this the..."

"Last I checked, the bathrooms in this place are ambiguous."

"Ah... they are?"

"Well, I believe so..."

"Whatever, why are you here?" Rainbow asked, tilting her head slightly, watching Deacon.

"Can I not visit the masses?"

"Well... no... but why are you here?" Rainbow asked again, her eyes narrowing in suspicion. "I've come to know you noble types. You never go somewhere without some ulterior motive."

At this, Deacon laughed. "Ah yes, that is something we nobles do at times. But honestly, I'm only here to talk."

"You sure?"

"Quite positive really."

"Okay..." Rainbow sighed, shaking her head. "What about?"

"Only a word of Advice, and a clue."

"Eh?"

"I have two things to explain to you Rainbow Dash. The same thing that gave you those markings, is what caused Luna to become Nightmare Moon."

"W-What!?"

"Now, now." Deacon said reassuringly, patting Rainbows shoulder. "The beings that are called Shadows are not malevolent. They in fact, are past Guardians. They are the souls of those who died."

"Wait, Guardians? Guardians of what?" Rainbow asked, confused to what he said.

"There is a place of Magic in the Old World, where we are actually, it is called The House of The Moon. According to the ancient scriptures, from before even I was, The source of magic in the world comes from the moon, which at the time represented Chaos, or Madness. Where as the Sun was Order, or Law. Now, of course in this time, Magic was at it's youth and was very unpredictable, so it needed pillars to contain and control it. These became the Guardians, which the Shadows have now selected you as one.

"However, this magic you now have at your hoof tips, is a magic even older then sigils."

"So..." Rainbow sighed, sitting down. "You are saying that the reason Luna became Nightmare Moon was because she lost control of the power of the moon?"

"That is exactly what happened. I... I was young then, and foolish." Luna chuckled, startling Rainbow. "I... I had something Tia didn't, yet still did not have the people's affection. That sadness... It grew into Jealousy. The Moon, it's power is fueled by emotion. Positive emotions, give gifts. And negative emotions, such as jealousy, corrupts the soul. I... I tried rebelling against my sister twice before it corrupted me completely."

"Okay... Why are you here Luna?" Rainbow asked, sighing softly shaking her head. "I was kind of busy thinking about somethings."

"Then we shall leave." Deacon chuckled, nodding to Luna. "Oh, and one more thing, Rainbow Dash. Betrayal is in your mists, and it will come from somewhere unexpected."

"Eh What?" Rainbow Dash mumbled, blinking.

She continued to stare at where Deacon and Luna left the bathroom, until she grew bored and started to wander around the castle, that is until she was approached by Shinze. "I'm going to be heading into town." He said, watching her. "Do you need anything?"

"Um... No not really." She blinked confused, "Say, I didn't realize you could go into town... Aren't you..."

"If you would remember correctly, I'm a Changeling. That, and I'm not an escaped criminal like someponies."

"Oh, right..."



Shinze sighed, he was now in the shape of a mare earth pony. Though most people wouldn't notice that he was a changeling, those that would were changelings themselves. "Were you followed?" Somepony asked him when he sat at a corner table in a pub.

"No, Rainbow Dash doesn't suspect a thing brother."

"A mare this time?"

"Remember, Master told us to change the shape we came in, to avoid suspicion."

"Two people regularly going to a pub is not suspicious."

"How about when they only talk, and don't order anything?"

"Then I see Masters point..." The other pony sighed, shaking his head. He wore a cloak similar to the ones that Heaven and her brother wore. "Though I don't see why we must meet at the same time each day."

"I don't question master's thoughts."

"Well, neither do I."

"They are closing in on Hunters location."

"That is fine, he has become a liability." The pony said chuckling.

"I see..." Shinze sighed, shaking his head. "Well then, what will master have me do?"

"Lay in wait." The pony said, emotionlessly. "Stay as a sleeper agent, until the time is right. Master trust you with the most important job. Make sure the Guardians of the Moon fall."

Author's Note:

Yes. Yes you read that correctly.