• Published 15th May 2013
  • 4,637 Views, 145 Comments

A New Equestria - ZeirMakavar



With the finding of a new lush land Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack are sent out to found Equestria's first colony.

  • ...
7
 145
 4,637

Final Days (Part 2)

Chapter 15

Final Days (part 2)

One would assume that the best way to understand the implications of Chaos would be to understand the implications of it's sister, Harmony. I myself did my own research into the matter of harmony, after being requested to do so my HRM Princess Celestia. What I found, was nothing. Harmony is the essence of togetherness. A second word for friends being in alignment. What does that bode for Chaos?

I decided to ask Celestia herself. However, who I found intrigued me. The mare, also an Alicorn claimed to be from the future and had used a spell I created a long time ago. Two of them in fact. Both of them incomplete works. One to do with time. And one, I deliberately left unfinished for fear of what it could do.

The second one, which I speak of, was meant to be a "walk in their shoes" spell if you will. To increase the harmony of a group if you will. I made this half finished spell during my research into the matters of Harmony. Not two days after Celestia sent her sister to the moon. If only I made it sooner, perhaps Nightmare Moon never would have been born into this world.

Nightmare Moon. A subject that HRM Princess Celestia does not like to talk about. Many of the noble ponies have asked her about who she was. She would always avoid the question. Not out of fear, but of shame.

Few who know Celestia, as I and Chancellor Puddinghead knew her, also knew and understood her sister Luna. Grief filled Luna due to the neglect she received from both her sister, and the ponies. Well, that's the public story at least.

Those few who knew Luna by the word 'friend,' understood that there was so little hate with in her. In fact, I doubt that she would have ever become Nightmare Moon had not one pony suggested sending Luna away.

You see, young one, many of the noble ponies with in the grand city of Canterlot wished to assert more and more power over the lesser classes. Celestia, herself wished to have at least some power over them. However, HRM Princess Luna halted the progress of the Monarchy, instead she proclaimed that the ponies at large should hold the power, something that I, and Puddinghead, agreed with. To this degree, she was essentially a threat to the nobles.

To one noble in general. This noble, had an oppressive plan in the works, one that he claimed would make the ponies submit to the rule of the nobles. He planned on using a magic that used blood as a catalyst, one that essentially took over the entire body of it's victims.

I was lucky enough to find two of his victims that still retained some of their sanity.

They told me the opposite of what I originally thought. I had assumed that, after their minds were taken over, that their waking mind would enter some form of deep sleep. But what they told me, made it all to clear what the noble was planning.

They were awake for the entire time.

~Unknown - Excerpt from page one of Final Days. [1]



Twilight sighed looking at some paperwork when a nock came at her Office's door. "Yes, come in." she said, as two ponies came into the room. One an Earth Pony and the other a Unicorn.

"You asked for us madam Twilight?" The unicorn asked.

"Yes, I would like for both of you to do something for me." Twilight nodded, a soft smile on her face. "Miss Spirit, could you please shut the door? I would like to discuss this privately." [2]

"Who were those two?" Applejack asked, as she walked into Twilight's office.

"They were noponies in particular." Twilight responded, a soft barely noticeable chuckle escaping her. "Did you need something?"

"Yah," Applejack nodded, a smile on her face. "Just thought I'd come in here and tell you that the Pegasi are just about done with setting up New Cloudsdale." Applejack sighed, shaking her head. "You've been awful busy lately, why?"

"There is no reason Applejack, beyond the Council has been keeping me busy sense the incident with Rainbow Dash. How many times must I tell you that?"
"Speeking of Rainbow, how is she?" Applejack chuckled. "And don't tell me you don't know. I know you've been sending Star to keep an eye on her."

"I know Applejack." Twilight sighed, shaking her head again. "I know that you're the last person to keep secrets from. I also know that Rainbow is doing well with her new job, which is why I decided to send a couple of more ponies over to Umbra."

"You sure about those two?" Applejack asked, looking out of the office. "One of them seemed to have been pulled off the street..."

"Yes, actually I believe she was." Twilight responded, which caused Applejack to raise an eyebrow. "By some pony named Chance Meeting, if my sources are correct... Or, at least she traveled with him."

"Travelled?"

"Yes, it seems Mr. Meeting, travelled around Equestria, where I'm assuming he found Ms. Spirit."

"I see." Applejack nodded,sighing softly. "Certainly a strange character then..."

"Give her a chance Applejack, she might prove useful to Umbra." Twilight chuckled, still softly smiling. "Her cutie mark is based off the fact that she survived alone for so long."

"I guess."

Twilight sighed, having finally found some time to herself, after having had to deal with the other council ponies time in and time out. She was relieved just to have a few seconds of peace and quiet. "Having troubled thoughts?" Luna asked, walking into the room.

"You do know that you should have returned to Canterlot with your sister right Luna?" Twilight asked, avoiding Luna's question.

"Yes, that is what the nobles expected." Luna responded, giving a slight nod. "But do they not, have no power over what I can and can not do?"

"Yes, I suppose so..."

"Then tell me Twilight, why must I do as they order?" Luna asked, a soft chuckle escaping her. "If one holds no power over somepony, then why must the latter follow the formers rules?"
"They shouldn't.' Twilight responded, sighing. "If that were the case, then nopony would listen to anypony but themselves."

"And that is wrong?" Luna asked, raising an eyebrow.

"It's not."

"Then is that why you are avoiding my question?" Luna said, in a flat questioning tone.

"No, it has nothing to do with that..." Twilight responded, looking away. "I just don't know what to do."

"Explain."
"Well, I've tried... I've tried working on other projects other than catching the Blood Magic user. But how do I know who to trust? If our preliminary investigation is correct, then he can control anyone. Even an Element Bearer." Twilight then sighed, shaking her head. "With that in mind, coupled with that it could be anypony... how am I supposed to know that he isn't anypony in the council? Or somepony I trust... What if I'm wrong, and it really is Rainbow? I know that she couldn't, but if what we understand so far is true, then she could have easily pretended to not know about Blood Magic."

"Her surprise, and confusion, seemed genuine." Luna noted, a soft smile on her face. "Why do you doubt your friends Twilight? You know very well that can cause disharmony."

"I don't doubt them." Twilight sighed, shaking her head. "I doubt myself. If I... we can't find the Blood Magic user, then it will be only a matter of time that he can find a way to take control of the Elements of Harmony. After all, four of the bearers are here." Twilight noted, to which Luna nodded. "And who knows what he could do if he got you under his hoof Luna. He's just to dangerous to not be worried about."

Luna then seemed to look off into something that Twilight could not. "Yes, of course sister..." She mumbled, much to Twilight's confusion. Then turning to Twilight, Luna smiled. "Sister has informed me that this book should help in the search of the sigil user." Luna said, handing Twilight a book, that looked older then anything she'd seen.

"Final Days."

"Who wrote this?" Twilight asked, looking up at Luna confused. "There isn't an Author."

"That is something sister has yet to tell even me." Luna smiled, before vanishing.

Twilight yelped, as she woke up. "That was a dream?" She blinked, looking around her office. "It seemed so real... Maybe it was." She sighed, as she looked at the book her head was on. The same book, that Luna gave her in the dream. "I guess there are some things I don't even know about them..."

Twilight sighed, as she magically lit a candle. "I suppose I can read this before sending it to Umbra..."

"The entire time..." Twilight mumbled, setting the book down. "I wonder, if that were true... then they'd would have watched as their bodies killed themselves." Twilight shook her head, trying to wash away the horrid thoughts. "How can somepony kill that way..."



Twilight sighed, as she walked down the road to her house. She was quickly joined with Discord. "What do you want Discord?"

"Nothing. Just felt like floating around my favorite pony." He responded, chuckling. "Well, besides Pinkie that is."

"Discord..." Twilight said, stopping.

"Yes Twilicorn?"

"One, stop calling me that, it's annoying." Twilight mumbled, as she sighed. "And two, what do you know of blood magic? You have to know something."

"Twilight." Discord sighed, resting an arm on Twilight's head. "If there is one thing you know about me, you would know that I'd never dabble in that disgusting magic. I mean really, cutting yourself to use magic? How horrid."

"Cutting yourself.... Then that means that Rainbow isn't the user." Twilight smiled, nodding her head. "If she was, there'd be scars, from repeatedly cutting herself... That means that anypony with a scar could be the blood magic user. Which cuts... about 87% of the population." Twilight mumbled as she thought aloud.

"You know, you should probably think in your head more often." Discord chuckled, patting Twilight's head. "So what anyway, so now you only have to be suspicios of 13 percent of the people here. That's only about 3,000 ponies."

"Don't you get it Discord?" Twilight said, eagerness in her voice. "Anypony trying to hide their scars could be using Blood Magic, after all it is illegal. And if they know about getting scars, then chances are they'd know we do as well."

"Yes, but who is to say they aren't magically hiding the scars as well?" Discord asked, smiling.

"Now that I think about it... that is true." She mumbled.

"Didn't Green Hunter have a scar?" Applejack asked, after Twilight had told her the discovery. "He was also with that weird pony."

"Yes, but he said it was from a hiking trip." Twilight nodded, sighing. "And trust me, I'd have to agree with him on that... hiking is hard."

"For you maybe." Applejack chuckled. "But remember, I'm an Earth Pony."

"Yes, that is true Applejack."

"Why again can't we go exploring sis?" Applebloom asked her sister. "It's boring in here."

"Yeah!" Scootaloo chuckled.

"Because last time you did, you almost got killed." Twilight responded, for Applejack. [3]

Author's Note:

1. Yes, I know that many of you are screaming at me that it's obvious Star Swirled is the Author of Final Days... Oh,you weren't? Well, to bad. Feel free to yell at it now.
2. Yes, the winners do appear here. They will be regulars in 'Side A' of this story. (Or Rainbow Dash's perspective.)
3. Guess what next chapter is? The second CMC special.