• Published 15th May 2013
  • 4,635 Views, 145 Comments

A New Equestria - ZeirMakavar



With the finding of a new lush land Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack are sent out to found Equestria's first colony.

  • ...
7
 145
 4,635

Investigations and Arrival (But mostly Wubs)

Chapter 5

Investigations and Arrival (But mostly Wubs)

Twilight looked around the room, a soft sigh escaping her. The investigation was proceeding as they originally planned, with only one set back. That was, the assailant had yet to reveal them self once again. This made Twilight slightly happy, though her and the research team were still on edge. She shook her head, a soft smile on her face. Today marked the one year anniversary of the founding of the colony. Though the council had yet to settle upon a name for the town, it had grown a large amount sense Twilight arrived. She sighed looking out the window of her office. Celestia wasn't to arrive for another week.

Twilight had come to know one simple fact by now though, and that fact was that a lot can happen in a single day. Twilight sighed, shaking her head. She attempted to keep her thoughts positive, something she found increasingly hard.

"Princess?" A guard said, walking up to her open office door. "I have come to inform you the extra Griffon's have arrived."

"And why hasn't Seventh Star come to inform me himself?" Twilight asked, confused as to why it was a regular guard. "I ordered him to come himself."

"He said he had personal business." The guard informed Twilight. "Some thing about his sister's shop, and pink..."

Twilight then chuckled, nodding her head understanding. Pinkie must have decided to start preparing for Celestia's arrival, starting that day. "Thank you, I will go and greet the griffon's myself." She waived the guard away, as he nodded and left.


The white unicorn sighed shaking her head at the pony still in their cabin on the boat. "Come on Wubs, we're already here!" Vinyl exasperated, having spent the last hour trying to get the nervous Changeling to leave the boat. This was met with nervous whines from said Changeling.

"But... but..." Wubsy whined, being to tired to take the shape of anypony. "What if nopony likes me there?"

"Didn't we already go over this?" Vinyl asked, going into the room to hug Wubsy. "Tavi and I still like you Wubs. Besides, Twilight's in charge. You remember her right?" This remark got a smile, and a nod from Wubsy. "Well good, see you'll be fine. Oh, that's right! Twilight said that there was a whole suburb full of Changelings like you Wubs, maybe you'll make friends there." Vinyl smiled, hoping that would work.

It did. "R-really?" Wubsy asked, creeping out of the room. "There really are other Changelings like me? I'm not alone?"

"Mhm, a whole suburb... what ever that is..." Vinyl shrugged, as she levitated her luggage out of the room, and shutting the door before Wubsy could change her mind. "Now let's get going. Tavi's waiting for us. I asked her specifically to get us a home near the other changelings... hopefully she didn't have to hard of a problem finding 'em."

Wubsy nodded, as they both headed off the boat. Vinyl immediately proceeded to talk about finding gigs for both her and Octavia, which would be hard according to her as the only town was the port town. Wubsy listened sleepily when they ran into a familiar face.

"Vinyl?" Twilight blinked, surprised by them being there. "Well, you came here rather quickly. I thought you wouldn't be here for another month or two." She chuckled, hugging both Vinyl and Wubsy. "It's nice to see you both. Though it's sooner then I thought..."

"Hey what's wrong Twi?" Vinyl asked, blinking. "Is something going on? Should we be worried?"

"Well, no. Not you and Wubsy of course. You shouldn't be targets..."

"Targets? For what? Twi, what's going on?" Vinyl asked, worry in her voice.

"Look I'd tell you if I could." Twilight sighed, looking around. "But it's a sensitive matter okay? I'd have to get you cleared for that kind of stuff." She smiled, though the smile was weak.

"Okay, but you'd better." Vinyl said, half ordering her. "I don't want to be ignorant of anything that could hurt my Wubsy... or Tavi..."

Twilight nodded, hugging them both again. "I'll try Vinyl. That's the best I can give you right now. Even though the entire council was voted in, I still only have one or two allies there..."

Vinyl nodded, looking around. She smiled softly. "Well, best to go look for Tavi then." Vinyl chuckled softly, as Wubsy nodded.

It took the two roughly an hour to find the earth pony mare that Vinyl and Wubsy were looking for. She was standing in front of a small two floored house, not moving. "Heya Tavi!" Vinyl smiled, waiving a hoof at her marefriend. "We've been looking for you. Surprised it took so long though. This place ain't much bigger then ponyville, and I can find you there in a heart beat... then again I know ponyville, and this town is only a year old." Vinyl then blinked, looking from Octavia to the house, and back to Octavia. "Say Tavi, why you looking at that house? Is it ours? Could we afford it? Did you really buy a ho..."

Octavia silenced Vinyl by placing a hoof to her mouth. "No, this isn't our place Vinyl. Ours is a bout two blocks away." Octavia sighed, looking at Wubsy. "Two things. One Twilight wasn't kidding when she said there were a lot of Changelings here, I actually bought our house... Yes Vinyl I did just say house... I bought it from a Changeling., who so happens to own quite a few houses there. And two, I'm standing in front of this house because this is where the head of the guard lived."

"Lived?" Vinyl blinked, looking at the house. "What makes you say lived? Did he move?"

"Look." Octavia said, pointing towards the door. And the police lines. "I looked into it, and he's not the only pony that's been murdered. They actually called a whole team in from Canterlot to look into it. Seems there's something going down somewhere in the forest, that has the guards spooked."

"Really? We should check it out then!" Vinyl suggested, smiling. "That sounds like a job for us!"

"Vinyl, you sound like a little filly." Octavia sighed, shaking her head. "And trust me, you do. Seeing as I had to get that information from a filly... Strange that these Cutie Mark Crusaders are the only ones willing to talk about it... n other pony either knew anything, or refused to tell me anything."

"Yeah, something was bothering Twi..." Vinyl mumbled, shrugging. "Must be serious if what ever it is even worries the guards. I mean, I sorta half figured that she was worried about Spike and was to embarased to admit it... but if ponies are being murdered because of what's worring Twi, then maybe we should stay out of it..."

"That... that's actually mature of you..." Octavia blinked.

"What? I can be an adult if I want to." Vinyl smiled, nudging Octavia. "I just choose to play around and act like a little filly. Life's short, and I choose to enjoy it."

"Sure of course." Octavia mumbled. "And here I was thinking you were just immature."

"Yeah, but you like that Tavi." Vinyl chuckled, nudging her again. "Don't deny it, you said so yourself."

Octavia sighed, as she moved to head to their house. "I wasn't going to Vinyl. I know very well what I've said in the past... Some of it I regret."

"You know you don't have to Tavi. Me and Wubsy forgive you." Vinyl smiled, affectionately kissing Octavia's cheek.

"Vinyl..." Was all Octavia said, before they reached there house. "Well, here we are." Octavia smiled, changing the subject as quickly as she could. "This is our new home. Well, until we get kicked out, again. For... somepony disturbing the peace."

"What?" Vinyl said, defensively. "I was practicing. I didn't have it that loud..."

"Vinyl, you woke up the whole town. Every night, for three weeks." Octavia sighed, shaking her head. "I'm surprised they didn't kick us out sooner..."

"Well... yeah I did but, what am I supposed to do?" Vinyl questioned, a smirk on her face. "Say, why do you think Twi was down at the docks any way? Seems like an odd place for her to hang out..."

"Perhaps she was looking the place over, making sure everything was going fine." Octavia suggested, sighing softly.

"Or she was meeting somepony." Wubsy smiled, looking around their new home. "She seemed to be heading somewhere when you bumped into her."

"Yeah, she did didn't she..." Vinyl nodded, looking at the kitchen. "What evs, I'm hungry."


Twilight Sparkle sighed, shaking her head. It seemed odd that Vinyl and Octavia were already there in the colony. She shook her head softly, passing it off as a slight coincidence. Besides, Pinkie was there so chances were that Vinyl would be performing at Pinkie's 'Welcome Celestia' party that she sure was planning. Twilight chuckled as she walked up to the more regal looking boat, that was behind the one Vinyl and Wubsy came out of. "Hello, I take it you would be the extra guard that Sir Hale ordered?" She asked, one of the griffons that were hanging around the boat.

"Your late." He stated, eyeing her with a level of scrutiny that only Griffons could do. "You were to be here earlier."

"Ah yes," Twilight smiled, nodding. "I would have been, had I not ran into a friend of mine on the way here."

"And who would this be?" The griffon asked, after looking at a couple of the other Griffons.

"That would be Vin... why is that any of your business?" Twilight asked, blinking. "What do I have to go through quarterly reports? Telling you every five minutes what's happened? If so, then you can pack up and leave. I don't care what Hale says my business is my business. And I will not have watch dogs watching my every move. Do you understand?" She said, her anger not entirely hidden.

"Yes ma'am." The Griffon sighed, shaking his head. "How ever, your safety is of the utmost concern."

"No, what is of concern is the safety of the town." Twilight sighed, her anger rising. "I don't care what anypony thinks, I'm only just a figurehead here. The real power is in the council, not me. That's why I set it up that the council members are voted on, to see what the public wants. It's an idea from Luna that I agreed with, and wanted to see how it would work." She smiled, looking at the town. "And so far, I've been shown that it was a brilliant idea." She chuckled, as she watched the griffons squirm.

"But ma'am, are you not a member of the council as well?" The first griffon asked, looking around.

"Yes, I am. As are Applejack and Rainbow Dash." Twilight responded, shaking her head. "But as I said, that's an elected title. I'll have to relinquish it eventually." She smiled softly, causing the griffons to shuffle uncomfortably again. "Oh? Are you that unfamiliar with Republic ideals? I know the griffon tribes follow the same hierarchy as most changeling hives, but they've dealt with..."

"Do not compare us to those barbarians." The griffon who was speaking the most said. "We are not wandering savages... like they are."

"Hey!" Twilight said, not realizing she touched a sensitive matter. "I didn't know okay. Do the Griffon's and Changeling's not like each other?" Twilight then asked, now curious.

"They are our natural enemies." A second griffon, female, said. "High King Farseer's father was killed by changeling. And his father before. This... treaty the Changelings have with Equestria, the Kings did not take lightly. Many a night was spent attempting to convince Celestia of her mistake. Your leader refused to see it this way."

"Right." Twilight nodded, sighing. "But if I see any of you fighting any Changeling, I will make sure it's you that are punished. Do you understand?"

"We will not stand for..."

"Do you understand."

"Yes, your highness." The griffons bowed, excusing themselves.

"You did that rather well Star..." Twilight chuckled, sighing. She smiled, walking out from behind a pile of boxes. "Thank you for taking my place, while I dealt with Pinkie Pie."

"Do not ever make me deal with those... warmongers again." Seventh asked Twilight, retaking his original pony disguise. "They are fools, and children."

"Fine by me." Twilight smiled, nodding softly. "But be careful what you say when me, okay Star? Now I have a threat that will have to be backed up when they test it. And I know they will."

"Princess." Seventh said, after a moment of silence.

"Yes Star?"

"Did you really get the idea from Princess Luna?" He asked, looking at her confused.

"Yes. Why would I lie to you Star? I have no reason to." She smiled, patting him on the shoulder. "You've been a great friend helping me as you have."

"How many times?" Rainbow Dash asked, landing in front of both Seventh and Twilight. "How many times have we spent time together and you were actually this changeling Twi? And don't plead innocence, I just saw what happened."

"Rainbow..."

"And I want the truth Twi. The real truth." Rainbow continued, ignoring Twilight. "I mean it Twi, the truth. Not some hair-brained excuse that nobles would give."

"Rainbow... I only asked him to take my shape this one time, I had to deal with Pinkie..." Twilight admitted, looking away. Rainbow raised an eyebrow, half doubting Twilight. "And maybe during a couple of Town meetings... but I swear, that is all."

"Pinkie swear?"

"Cross my heart, and hope to fly. Stick a cupcake in my... OW!" Twilight grumbled, rubbing the eye she just proceeded to poke.

Author's Note:

Well, as per asked by Shukumei, I have included Wubsy into my story. No really, he posted a blog about it asking everyone to do that. Go check it, and his stories out. (Mostly Fun with Changelings... and don't forget to fav it if you like it. Don't let Wubs die! Give her love!)

This peaceful chapter was brought to you by:
The song "Hey soul sister" and lots of Yousei Teikoku...