• Published 15th May 2013
  • 4,637 Views, 145 Comments

A New Equestria - ZeirMakavar



With the finding of a new lush land Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack are sent out to found Equestria's first colony.

  • ...
7
 145
 4,637

Three Months Latter

Intermission 1

Three Months Latter

"I'm telling the truth I swear!" Rainbow yelled as the guard ponies dragged her off. "I swear! I'm not lying! It wasn't me!"

"I wish we could believe you Rainbow." Twilight sighed, shaking her head. "But you were the only one there. We searched everywhere and didn't find a unicorn like the one you described."

"What?" Rainbow blinked, confused. "But he has to be there! I swear! I'm not crazy Twi!"

"I'm sorry Rainbow." Twilight said, smiling softly. "But all the evidence say other wise. Take her away."

"Are you sure it was a wise idea Twi?" Applejack asked, looking around the empty council room. "Are you sure we should have arrested Rainbow? Wasn't there something we could have done."

Twilight shook her head, a soft sigh escaping her. "No, there was only one thing we could do." She said, a somber tone to her voice. "As I told Rainbow when the guards arrested her, the evidence said it was her." Twilight chuckled softly, before turning away from Applejack. "I don't want to believe it either Applejack. But I conducted the investigation myself. All the evidence I found, pointed to Rainbow having done it."

"But... why would she?" Applejack protested. "She said it herself, the last thing she wants is to betray the ponies. Why would she... it just seems wrong Twi..."

"I know. I do wish there was something I could have done, but we are bound by the laws here as well Applejack. And the law states that if the evidence is..."

"I know what the law states Twilight." Applejack interrupted Twilight, sighing. "I wrote half 'em myself remember?"

Twilight nodded, as Luna walked up to them.

"How fares the investigation?" She asked, looking at Twilight then at Applejack. "I hear that you make a breakthrough?"

"I wish it was going good Luna..." Twilight sighed shaking her head. "But if the preliminary investigation is right then Rainbow really did do those things... But, there are still inconsistencies."

"Such as?"

"Rainbow didn't know about blood magic until after the events took place, and my investigation began." Twilight stated, her tone still flat. "I only researched into the blood magic because of the killings, which means who ever it was knew from the beginning about blood magic."

"Yet," Luna sighed, looking around. "All the evidence points Rainbow Dash as the blood magic user." Twilight nodded, sighing. "Normally I would pass the idea of as idiocy, but this is old magic we are talking about... The sigils, they allow anypony to use the magic, even those not Unicorns."

"Exactly." Twilight nodded, a somber atmosphere encompassing the room.

"Tell me Twilight, what made you second guess your choice? As you've said yourself the evidence points to Rainbow Dash."

"Because..." Twilight sighed, looking around a soft blush on her face. "After the guards took Rainbow away, I remembered what happened at Shining and Cadence's wedding." Twilight smiled softly, as Luna sighed. "Nopony gave me a chance and just ignored me, even though I was right. I didn't want Rainbow to think we abandoned her, with out being absolutely sure it was Rainbow that actually did what we were accusing her."

"A wise choice, given this new evidence." Luna nodded, a soft smile on her face.

"How've you been Princess?" Applejack asked Luna. "We haven't seen you sense you saw the fountain. You've been there this entire time?"

Luna nodded, her face turning to one of sadness. "In deed I have Applejack." She said, sighing. "It is my mother's grave... After so long..."

"We know Luna." Twilight sighed, patting Luna on the side. "It's fine, just try and come into town more often."

"This I will do." Luna nodded, before she turned to leave the room.

Author's Note:

Here is a short intermission chapter between parts 1 & 2 of this story.