• Published 15th May 2013
  • 4,638 Views, 145 Comments

A New Equestria - ZeirMakavar



With the finding of a new lush land Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack are sent out to found Equestria's first colony.

  • ...
7
 145
 4,638

Enter the Shadows

chapter 17

Enter the Shadows

Rainbow Dash sighed, watching the Pegasus mare on the other side of the glass. Ever sense Twilight asked Umbra to do something about the enchantments put on the mare, they've been in the Manor, each one staring at the other. "Argh!" Rainbow finally yelled, turning to look away from the mare. "This is so annoying! Why didn't the enchantments on her dissapear the moment she walked in here..."

"The enchantments are made to block magic." Shinze mumbled, watching the mare. "Magic that Twilight knew of at the time. We might be dealing with a form of Hypnotism that is as old as blood magic."

"Meaning we need old magic to counter it..."

"Exactly." Shinze chuckled, looking over at Rainbow and Trixie. "Which none of us know."

"Actually..." Trixie mumbled, looking up at the mare. Trixie has been studying old magic."

"Is that so?"

"Yes."

"Have you found anything that could help?" Rainbow asked, looking from Trixie to the mare. "I mean, with getting rid of the enchantments."

"I should have, yes."

"Then get right on it Trixie." Rainbow sighed, turning to leave with Shinze. "I want it done soon. If he used blood magic or anything similar on her, then she should have memory of what was going on. This could give us an edge against Green Hunter."

"You're starting to sound like a warrior..." Shinze mumbled, watching Rainbow as they left Trixie.

"Is that a problem?"

"Not really." Shinze chuckled. "It's actually interesting. Knowing that your trying your hardest to catch this guy."

"He ruined my reputation with that last stunt of his Shinze." Rainbow sighed, looking back at him. "It's my duty to Equestria to catch him. And I'll do anything I can to do so."

"Is that so?"



It had been three days since Trixie set out to break the enchantments on the mare. To no prevail.

Rainbow Dash stood watching the mare sighing. "You won't speak." She said, watching as the mares eyes drifted towards her. "You wont eat. You haven't even moved from that spot for the three weeks that you've been here. You'll have to give in eventually. And when you do, I think is when we'll be able to help you."

"Heaven." The mare said, to both Rainbow and Trixie's surprise. "My name is Heaven."

"Well miss Heaven..." Trixie mumbled, blinking. "I'm glad that you are finally speaking with us."

“Not to immediately hound you with questions,” Rainbow sighed, watching Heaven with new interest. “But could you please tell me... Us if you remember anything? From when you worked for Green Hunter?”

“For?” Heaven said a tint of disgust in her tone. “How dare you suggest such a thing! Me and my brother worked with him. For the longest time we were being paid for our services.”

“Then if he was paying you, why did he have you under a spell?” Shinze asked as he slowly walked up to Rainbow and Trixie, his tone flatter the usual. “Would he not just pay you again assassin?”

“He might,” Heaven sighed, looking away. “But I serve under Celestia. I would not do anything that would harm Equestria.”

“Huh, so he’d have to hypnotize you if he wanted… wait did you say assassin Shinze?” Rainbow blinked, looking from Heaven, to Shinze and back. “What makes you think she’s an assassin?”

“Because that is what she is.”

“How do you know?”

“I just do.”

“How?” Trixie asked, looking at each of the people in turn. “Only thing Trixie can tell is that she is a mare, and a Pegasus.”

“It is her behavior.” Shinze sighed, watching Heaven. “I can tell just from her mannerisms, that she is trained in the art of killing.”

“You’re actually a Changeling aren’t you?” Heaven asked, watching Shinze in return.

“And if I am?”

“It would explain a few things.” Heaven smiled, as Rainbow raised an eyebrow. “Like how you could tell what I am just off my actions.”

“So, you are an assassin?”

“I am. What of it?” Heaven asked, now looking at Rainbow.

“Okay, now I... We really need to know if you remember anything from when Green Hunter had control over your mind.”

“And if I do.”

“We need to know the important things. Like where his hideout is, what he can do, the extent of people under him. Stuff like that.” Rainbow sighed, a soft smile appearing on her face. “Can you please tell us anything?”

“I can tell you a few things.”

“Such as?”

“One, it seemed half the time that I wasn’t in control of my own body, almost as if I was actually watching myself from far away. It was... almost scary, as if... I had no say in what I would do.”

“Hey... now that I think about it, would you be the mare that pounced on Seventh Star a few days ago.” Trixie asked, blinking.

“The Changeling that had been tailing Green Hunter?”

“Yeah, him.”

“Then yes.”

“How?” Rainbow asked, her ears twitching. “I watched you do it... the screen blinked for a second and you were on top of him. How did you do it?”

“Spatial magic.” Heaven replied, sighing.

“Huh?”

“Spatial magic.” Heaven repeated, smiling. “It’s a very old type of magic. My family has used it for generations.”

“What exactly does it do?” Trixie asked, looking from Rainbow to Heaven, and back.

“It deals with space. Used correctly, it can either shorten distances, or increase them.”

“How interesting.” Trixie sighed, looking at the ground. “And this Spatial magic would be a sigil magic? As you are a Pegasus, not a Unicorn.”

At this, Heaven chuckled. “Well, I guess it would be a sigil magic, though it is different than Blood magic.” Heaven chuckled again, before sighing. “I take it that is what you believe Green Hunter to be using?”

“Well isn’t it?”

“Um... Yes.”

“Well, then it’s a good thing that we have somepony here that had blood magic used on them then.” Trixie sighed. “We now have an edge against Green Hunter.”

“Are you implying that Hunter used blood magic on me as well?” Heaven asked, a confused tone in her voice now.

“Miss Heaven, Green Hunter has used blood magic to have several ponies kill themselves in rather... gruesome ways.”

“Such as?”

“Well, one pony maimed their self, another lit their store on fire with them inside, another maimed their self then hung their self. And, other more graphic things.” Shinze sighed.

“Is that so?”

“That is so.” Shinze chuckled, turning to look over at Rainbow. “Your friend Green Hunter has killed over thirty ponies using blood magic. In fact, I believe that our Rainbow Dash here may also be a victim of Green Hunter’s.”

“How so?”

“Before coming here I followed your brother.” Rainbow sighed, looking away from everyone. Before this she had only told only Twilight and Shinze, and now again she would tell it. “Chasing him, I found myself waking later on. Not of what happened, I found myself covered in blood.”

“The blood of another,” Shinze finished, sighing. “If Twilight’s report is accurate.”

"Is that so?" Heaven sighed, shaking her head.

"Yes, and we've been looking to take him down, since then." Rainbow sighed, turning to leave. "Well, I'll be getting some air... I hate these stuffy rooms."

Rainbow sighed, shaking her head as she looked around sighing. The forest around the the castle that she now called home had the strange allure on her, that the Everfree had back in Equestria. She shook off the urge to fly to far away, so she landed in a clearing she didn't recognize and began wandering around. "Who's there?" She asked, when she heard a ruffling.

"Hello Rainbow Dash..." what looked like a shadow said. "We've been waiting for you."

"Woah!" She yelped, backing away as it approached her. "What... who are you?"

"We are the future, the past, and the present. We are the things that hide in the dark, under your bed. We are the things you see out of the corner of your eyes, on a cloudy night."

"Okay, that doesn't explain anything..."

"We are here to help Rainbow Dash." the shadow said, as others aproached from other directions. "And to give you a gift." And everything went black.