• Published 15th May 2013
  • 4,638 Views, 145 Comments

A New Equestria - ZeirMakavar



With the finding of a new lush land Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack are sent out to found Equestria's first colony.

  • ...
7
 145
 4,638

Seeking the past...

Chapter 12

Seeking the past...

"He worked for Luna, he's a spy." Rainbow smiled nodding at Saevine. "He said that his name is Saevine, but I don't think that's really his name. I haven't gotten a look at his cutie mark, because of that cloak he's wearing... Oh and he's boring."

Cloudchaser chuckled when Rainbow called Saevine boring, she then shook her head. "That's a very you analysis Dash."

Rainbow Dash sighed, looking around the castle thing she now called home. It had been only two days sense Saevine had brought her there, and she still was getting used to being called 'boss' every time she passed someone. "I guess this is what Twi felt like when she first became a Princess..." Rainbow thought aloud, chuckling softly. She smiled softly, glancing around the entry hall one last time before heading further into the castle.

Turning a corner in the hallway she found herself in, Rainbow found herself back in the entry hall. Blinking around confused she shook her head shrugging it off as a coincidence. Turning around and heading towards the kitchen, Rainbow decided to make herself something quick to eat before the others woke up.

Rainbow sighed, looking around the kitchen sighing. She hadn't really cooked much before, having had prepared some simple meals for herself before. "Well, I guess I should see what I can make..."


An explosion near by woke Trixie up. The first thoughts that passed threw her mind was that someone was attacking, but a quick look out her window told her otherwise. She then blinked, trying to figure out what the cause of the explosion was. It sounded close, coming from what Trixie decided was the first floor.

Quickly going over the schematics of the first floor in her head Trixie then decided that someone was in the kitchen, as the only room on the first floor that could cause an explosion.

The second thought to pass Trixie's mind was her wondering how somepony could be that bad at cooking. Even she was at least competent at cooking.

Deciding that the best course of action would be to look and see who else was awake. Trixie got out of the bed and proceeded to head towards what she assumed was the source of the sound.

Arriving at the kitchen gave Trixie an interesting surprise. "Rainbow Dash?" She blinked, looking around the kitchen which was covered in ash. "Trixie does not understand why the kitchen is covered in ash. What happened?"

"I tried cooking..." Rainbow admitted, looking away from Trixie. Rainbow then proceeded to get up of the floor, and headed to the brick oven. "Damn, it's not even edible..." She mumbled, mostly to herself, while looking at a bowl she had pulled out of the oven.

"Allow Trixie to cook something then!" Trixie smiled, looking around the kitchen. "But first... we must clean."

By the time Cloudchaser reached the dining room, the rest of the group had already been woken up. "Mmm I smell food." She smiled, lazily looking around the room. "Am I really the last up..."

"Aye, that you are." Shinze, one of the two changelings in the team, said chuckling. "Last to this awake place we call reality."

"Must you be so strange?" said a brown earth pony, who no one knew the name to. Though people called him Doctor. "It's rather odd..." [1]

"Coming from a person called Doctor?" Shinze responded, glareing at the earth pony. "I find you more odd."

"Calm down both of you," Rainbow Dash sighed, shaking her head. "I'm not dealing with your fighting for a third day in a row."

"Yes ma'am."

Cloudchaser and Trixie both chuckled, as Shinze and Doctor both bowed to Rainbow Dash as she entered the room. [2] "Where is your plate Shinze?" Cloudchaser blinked, wondering if he had eaten yet.

"Changeling..." Was all he said, smiling softly.

"Oh, yeah... what's for breakfast?"

"Trixie made breakfast." Trixie smiled, nodding towards the kitchen. "And Trixie did good job if she says so herself."

Cloudchaser sighed, nodding her head. "I see... And for the love of Celestia, could you please stop talking in third person?" She then said, yawning slightly. "It gets confusing after a while."

"But this is how Trixie talks." Trixie responded, setting a plate down in front of Cloudchaser. "Now eat breakfast, we have work to do, do we not?"

Rainbow nodded, a soft smile on her face. "Right, I think it's time that we finally set down to get working on what we actually are here for." Each person there then looked at Rainbow Dash, their eyes unblinking. "Okay... that I did not expect..."

"So, what exactly is our mission?" Doctor asked, looking around. "I think I speak for all of us here when I say that you're the only one who seems to know what it is..."

"Well, right now it's to catch a criminal that has surfaced here in the new world." Rainbow said, looking at each of them. "We don't know anything about him except that he uses a really old type of magic... A magic that according to Twilight, is illegal."

"And what magic would that be?" Trixie asked, now noticing that she is the only Unicorn there. "I've never heard of any magic being illegal."

"Twilight referred to it as Blood Magic." Rainbow responded to Trixie's question, which caused her to blink. "None of you probably heard of it because the only book that mentions it is in the Canterlot Library, under Celestia's watchful eyes." There was a collective oh from the group, as Rainbow continued. "That is why we are being tasked with finding this pony. According to Twilight anypony can learn blood magic because it uses something called a sigil. This is why every single pony in the city must go through the elimination process.

"Deacon, Celestia and Luna's father, has given us technology that his agents use to help us with our search. This includes communication orbs that the agents use to communicate long distances, as well as surveillance gear that Twilight's guards are working on placing around the town.

"We are the new world's first and last defense against old magic such as blood magic. Because of this, Celestia has granted our member's a special pardon."

"A special pardon?" Doctor blinked, looking at Rainbow with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, as in to say around here, we are the law. And have permission from both Celestia and Luna to use any means necessary to capture users of illegal magics." Rainbow responded, a blank look on her face. "Any means."

"So, that includes magic that is illegal Trixie is guessing?" Trixie asked, her interest now peaked.

"Yes. Yes it does."

Author's Note:

1. Yes, this is in deed referring to Doctor Whooves.

2. The part that involves Umbra Equestria will focus on these five. It is understandable that over time there will be more members, however like StarGate SG-1, it will focus on these five.

As you may have noticed, there is no Twilight or Applejack in this chapter. From here on in I will alternate each focus every chapter, unless circumstance prevents me. That means every odd numbered chapter will focus on Twilight and Applejack's raising of a city. and every even numbered chapter will focus on Rainbow Dash and UE's search for users of illegal magic. (Which right now is one blood magic user. [Or is it?])