• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,753 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,753

PreviousChapters Next
Poster - HapHazred

"I think it'll look great right here!"

Rainbow bit her lip.

"Right opposite the bed?"

"Mmh... yup!"

Applejack unrolled the large sheet of glossy paper and began sliding it up the wall. All the while, Rainbow stared at her with fixed, blank eyes.

The Rainbow in the room was watching too, but with more apprehension.

"Are you sure you want it in the bedroom?"

"Sure. Why not?"

"It's just that..." Rainbow began, eyeing the poster, her mouth curling in distaste. Applejack didn't leave her time to finish.

"It's like a picture, ain't it? Like me an' my family. We hang those up on the walls."

"Yes, but..." Rainbow continued, looking back at the poster again. The motionless eyes kept looking at her, the fake grin shining with all the glamour of a page made with far too much glue. "Isn't it... just a bit..."

"Not t'mention, it's the first official Rainbow Dash Wonderbolt poster!" Applejack went on, smoothing out the corners. "I know how much it means to you..."

"Well... yeah, I like having posters of me..."

Applejack took out a couple of pins from a box with her teeth.

"Mmh hmm."

"But don't you already have a Rainbow Dash in here that's just as awesome?" Rainbow said. And is much less creepy to look at, she thought.

"That ain't the point."

"And I can't help but think that it may not be the best representation of me..."

There weren't even any natural creases around the eyes when she smiled. It was like the grin and the eyes were from two separate pictures, stuck together on a big blue puppet.

Applejack hesitated.

"Well, it's just that... well, you're gone an awful lot more these days, what with your new job an' all."

"Yeah?"

"I just wouldn't mind a few pictures to compensate."

Rainbow went quiet for a moment.

"Oh."

"Is that all right?"

Rainbow laid her head on Applejack's withers. "I guess," she said. "But can we maybe put up a picture that doesn't make me look like I eat foals for breakfast?"

Applejack looked back at the poster.

"I'll... see about doin' somethin' like that."

PreviousChapters Next