• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,748 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,748

PreviousChapters Next
Taxes - bookplayer

Despite being awful at math, Applejack was good at doing taxes. When it came down to it, it didn't involve any more than adding and subtracting, and following the rules. Subtract line 12 from the total of form 1078; Applejack could do that. So step by step she did the taxes for Sweet Apple Acres every year.

Looking over Dash's taxes was another matter entirely. They were on wrinkled forms in a random stack, and there were what seemed to be hoofprints of cheese powder on the edges. And what was written on them wasn't much better.

“Where in Equestria did ya' get this number?” Applejack asked, confused, looking between papers.

“Huh? Oh, I couldn't find that form. So I guessed.”

Applejack looked up, shocked. “Ya' ain't allowed to guess!”

“They're not gonna know I guessed unless they can find the form.” Dash said with a sneaky smile.

“Dash! You gotta send that form in!”

“Oh, that'll be easy. I'll just get another one and write down the number I put on there.”

Applejack rubbed her face with her hoof. She reminded herself that Dash didn't run a business, that the ERS wasn't likely to notice Dash's return among the millions of other regular working ponies.

She glanced back down at the papers.

“What's all this under 'education expenses'?”

“That?” Dash looked at it and shrugged. “Oh, my Wonderbolts stuff. Tickets, posters, a subscription to the fan club.”

Applejack's mouth fell open. “That ain't education!”

“Sure it is. That's my future career, I need to keep up with it. It's no different than going to college or something.”

“I'm pretty sure ponies who go to college learn how to do their taxes.”

“I do my taxes!” Dash insisted.

“This ain't doin' your taxes, Dash. This is writin' a pony tale with numbers.”

“But it's written! And numbers! On a form!” Dash gestured to the wrinkled papers.

Applejack sighed. “Gimme that. Gimme all that, I'm gonna straighten this out for ya', and get it all sent in, so my fool marefriend don't go to jail.”

“I'm not going to jail.” Dash grumbled, then she smiled at AJ. “But, that's really cool of you.”

“It ain't that cool.” Applejack smirked. “There just ain't gonna be enough conjugal visits for how cute you are.”

PreviousChapters Next