• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,739 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,739

PreviousChapters Next
Technology - TheRealRainbowDash

It was a new technology, still rather experimental, but Applejack had insisted on trying it. And when Applejack got something serious into her head, there was no one that could talk her out it, not even her wife Rainbow Dash.

For her part Dash was pacing the room anxiously as the doctor and Twilight got set up, remembering Twilight briefing her on all the ways that it could go horribly, terribly wrong. The magical energy could harm both of them, causing a mutation or death. Such a mutation could cause the baby to grow to rapidly killing both it and Applejack. Or the influx of adding powerful, volatile and untested magic to the equation could turn the baby into some abomination of a pony. Rainbow gulped, her hooves sweating.

On a cold metal table lay Applejack, serenely calm and ever patient, her swollen belly facing up toward the ceiling. Absentmindedly, she rubbed it, humming to herself, very clearly lost in thought. It was impossible for her to hold back the bubble of laughter at Rainbow's freak out. Yes, the pegasus had every right to be worried, but Twilight wouldn't have done it if she wasn't sure, and besides Applejack had always believed that these things had a way of working out.

"Ready, Miss Sparkle?" the doctor questioned, holding in his magical grasp a strange metal object that looked like a long tube with an eye on the end. Twilight simply gave a curt nod.

The glow from her horn lit the entire room with purple, and ever so slowing a glowing purple screen was revealed in the air. The room thrummed with energy. The doctor turned on the machine and the glow from Twilight's horn increased ever so slightly. The machine could see through a pony's stomach and show a sort of moving picture of the baby in a mare's belly. The technology was crude and it took an incredibly powerful unicorn, because while the machine could do the work of 'seeing' it needed a unicorn to tap into it's frequency to help project in such a way that all the other ponies could see as well.

The doctor placed the eye against Applejack's belly.

Rainbow was not prepared for what she saw. The doctor had warned them that the image would be crude and it would mostly just look like a blob. But Rainbow could not deny that she was seeing the legs of a little baby pony. As the doctor slowly moved the machine around Applejack's belly, a little head tucked in between two forelegs became visible. They didn't see if it was a colt or filly, or if it was an earth pony or a pegasus because they didn't care.

The little head moved ever so slightly, and though the doctor would later tell them it was a trick of their eyes, Rainbow Dash swore she saw the baby smile.

Lost in emotion, Rainbow Dash didn't see that she was crying tears of joy along with Applejack. Later she would insist a ninja had snuck in the room with onions.

PreviousChapters Next