• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,722 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,722

PreviousChapters Next
Butterflies - Jondor

This wasnā€™t like their usual competitions. No physical exertion, no sweating and panting, no need for a shower afterwards. This was worse. Standing still was hard for her to do. And even harder while trying to ignore the tickling sensation of all those little feet against her skin. Rainbow Dash cracked open an eye and peered out toward their officiator. ā€œHow much longer?ā€ She hissed, trying hard not to move a muscle beyond her lower jaw.

ā€œTwo minutes.ā€ Fluttershy answered, glancing at her stopwatch. Dash grit her teeth and her body quivered. Wings were raised, but she didnā€™t lose any points.

ā€œYā€™all ainā€™t thinkinā€™ about quittinā€™, are ya?ā€ Applejack winked at her marefriend.

ā€œNo way! Iā€™m going to win this!ā€ More quivering wings and one butterfly detached and flew away. Rainbow let out a low growl and then took a deep breath, trying to calm herself and stop herself from shaking.

Applejack definitely had the upperhoof here. Sure, she preferred to be moving, working, towing her cart into town, racing, rodeo, you name it, but she was also always the one who wanted to just sit and watch the sunset or laze around on the blanket after a picnic. Not that Dash disliked those things when AJ was involved, they just never occurred to her on her own.

ā€œOne minute.ā€ Fluttershy waved her hoof as she made a quick count of the butterflies each of her friends had collected. Tied again, but anything could change in the next 55 seconds.

~~~

ā€œAnd the final count is, Rainbow Dash: 15, Applejack: 15ā€ Fluttershy announced. Dashā€™s jaw dropped. ā€œUm, you two were pretty much tied the whole time too.ā€ Fluttershy ducked behind her mane, expecting an outburst from Dash. Applejack caught Dash open mouthed with a kiss that stifled any protest she was about to make as all thirty butterflies took to the sky.

Their kiss broke to the sound of a squeak coming from their officiator. Fluttershy was squirming, covered from head to hoof in butterflies now. ā€œOh my, that tickles. You didnā€™t have to, eep!ā€

ā€œLooks like Fluttershy is the real winner here.ā€ Applejack and Rainbow Dash burst out laughing.

PreviousChapters Next