• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,722 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,722

PreviousChapters Next
Giant - TheRealRainbowDash

"This isn't at all what it looks like!" Rainbow Dash shouted as she jumped in front of the giant iron pony she was trying to hide. It looked absolutely comical to Applejack to see her trying to flair out her wings to hide something that was about a hundred times her size.

"Oh, so you're not hiding a giant iron pony, that may or may not be dangerous, from everyone," Applejack said with as much sarcasm as she could muster. "Guess I'll just mosey on then, seeing as you're not hiding anything from your marefriend."

"Applejack, wait!" Dash lunged after her, pulling her back with a hoof. "I didn't say anything, cause I just found him and he saved my life, but everyponies scared of him and I don't want him to be taken away from me. They scare him! Please AJ! Please."

The Rainbow pegasus looked close to tears. It worried Applejack to see her marefriend so uncharacteristically undone. She looked up at the iron giant above her. It's eyes were cold and blue, glowing and thrumming, and seemingly alive. The earth pony knew it was just a hunk of metal, but the way it looked at her - as though sizing her up to see if she threatened Rainbow Dash - reminded her that there was life within it.

"Alright," she murmured softly, so softly she wasn't sure she'd even said anything. "Alright, I reckon I won't say anything. But Dash, I love you and if this thing hurts you or anypony else... I'll..." She gulped unable to say it.

Dash and the giant iron pony both understood immediately. The iron pony let out a noise that sounded like hooves on a chalkboard. It was angry.

Rainbow Dash calmed it down, and Applejack felt the tiniest bit of jealously cloud her thoughts. But this was Dash. The Element of Loyalty. And her marefriend.

"He's so cool, AJ, really, once you get to know him. I named him Steve."

A bit of the normal Rainbow was coming back.

"Alright, show me," Applejack replied, pushing back her hesitation.

Then, as if doing a full 180 the regular Rainbow Dash was back and fully in gear.

"You gotta see him AJ! He's fast! Almost as fast as me! And his corners are amazing! Once he gets going full throttle you'd think he'd be hard to control, but he can turn on a dime! He's fantastic! His loyalty is nothing to scoff at either, he nearly, rusted shut trying to keep me dry in yesterdays storm! I don't think he understands that I'm a pegasus and just...."

Applejack kept nodding, although she wasn't really listening. Rainbow would probably retell all of this more than a few times over the next few days, so it wasn't too big a deal if she missed it. The giant weighed on her mind. It was a big secret to keep. Despite what Rainbow said it could be dangerous. Most importantly, the majority of ponies in Equestria would be afraid of it. And when ponies were afraid of something, they usually destroyed it.

Applejack sighed, and walked over to her crazy marefriend. This wasn't the first time she'd taken a leap of faith for her and it wouldn't be the last.

PreviousChapters Next