• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,750 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,750

PreviousChapters Next
Key - TheRealRainbowDash

Slivers and scars covered Rainbow Dash's forelegs, sweat soaking her fur and matting her mane. There was an absolute tiredness, spoken by the bags under her eyes and the absolute inability to even fly, coursing through her limbs. Despite this, Rainbow could not have been happier and despite the tired grimace twisting across her face, her eyes sparkled with happiness.

Beside her, her wife, Applejack, gave her a soft nuzzle as she leaned against her, equally spent. They both gazed happily at the house they had just built - with help from the rest of the Apple clan of course - for their soon to be growing little family.

The new house was nestled in a little clearing about a half mile away from the old farmhouse Applejack had grown up in and was surrounded by apple trees. The privacy would be welcomed and besides it was quite necessary, given that Big Macintosh and Spitfire had just married and needed a place to raise their family.

Both of their families simply wouldn't fit in Applejack's childhood home, especially not if Applebloom decided to stay on the farm. The card game to decide who got the house had been more than fair, and Mac never lost.

Applejack loved her childhood home and had many hazy memories of happy summer days with her and Mac and her parents. But she also loved the new house she and Dash had built, together. It was built to weather any storm and protect from every monster that could lurk in the shadow of the apple trees. Also, much to Dash's joy, they had built a skylight - easy to for the prismatic pegasus to dash in and out of at a moments notice. It was a soft red, and though it looked a little homely, and a little small, and definitely cozy, it was certainly large enough for the five foals they planned on having.

"It's beautiful!" Applejack exclaimed, voice thick with unspoken emotion.

"Yeah," replied Dash, although she wasn't looking at the house.

"I'm a mess, Dash," Applejack argued, mane plastered awkwardly to her head.

"We both know where this conversation would go if I had the strength to finish it," Dash intoned with a slump of her shoulders.

"Yeah," Applejack bumped her playfully, "with me on top of you!"

Dash could only chuckle as a new wave of exhaustion washed over her. Yawning, she murmured, "The house is finally finished, so we can break in the new bed. If you know what I mean."

"Oh, so sleeping?" Applejack muttered as she forced her hooves forward to their house.

"Yeah," Rainbow was forced to admit as she followed sleepily behind.

As she approached the door Applejack pulled a small brass key from her hat and stuck it in the worn lock with a click. That was the only thing she had taken with her. Recycling the lock from her parent's door had been Rainbow's idea, an 'awesome way to honour the past' as she had put it. As the key turned in the lock, opening the door to her future, Applejack could also feel it opening the door to the past. As she stepped into the house, Dash leaning against her, and placed the key back in her hat, Applejack could swear she heard her mother's laugh and felt her father's hoof pounding her back in encouragement, telling her how proud they were and wishing her and Dash all the happiness in the world.

PreviousChapters Next