• Published 15th Mar 2015
  • 7,999 Views, 224 Comments

Mareth's New Champion - Tomsketchit



A magical mishap sends Spike into the corrupted world of Mareth, trapping him there for one full year, separated from his friends in a body that isn't entirely his own. Will he last the year with his sanity intact?

Comments ( 33 )

Then let there be a few non sex focused chapters

Sometimes I wonder how the guys over at Fenoxo's blog manage to write so much alien hentai bullshit and not get tired of it.

Yay for splatoon references.

6110052 Reference where ? Might be seen things.

6110230 Mama Kraken and everything involving her is one big Splatoon reference. I haven't played the game (don't own a Wii U, starting to wish I did own one,) but I loved the Inklings' designs so much that I got the idea for a giantess, adult version of them. Thus, Mama Kraken. And then I decided to put her in here because why the heck not. I'm making this up as I go along really.

6107322 It's hard to do that in a clop-story that is also a crossover with a sex-game.

Honestly I hate writing clop. But I love reading it and get ideas for things that I'd love to see done. But no one else does them. But I still have that urge to see it exist. So I make it. And most of the time I hate it because again, I don't like to write sex. It's boring and most of the time I'm sick of the final product.

So I'm going to work on some other ideas for a while. Some non-clop, maybe add a chapter to my horror story (now there's a story I'm proud of,) maybe if I'm in the mood for clop I'll do that collection of bimbofication stories that popped into my head yesterday. I dunno. But I definitely need a break from this one.

Well you could do some non-clop chapters, *Gasp* I cant believe I said that about Coc.

>If they encountered another sea monster, he could probably just take them on in his giant form.
-Hmm... I can't remember him having 'that' ability before ? When was the last time he became a GIANT Dragon, again ?

6115509 i believe he first did that in lust and rage against the crystal queen

6117016 I went and checked and... I couldn't see it.
Maybe I missed it, but in any case, I think it should have been ''foreshadowed''(for a lack of a better word) a bit more before this point, because it just seems to come out of nowhere/too sudden.

6123544 I very specifically had him grow into a giant version of himself in that chapter, as nitewing said. I even had a bestiary entry in the author's notes specifically describing why it happened. People even talked about it pretty extensively in the comments of that chapter if I remember.

Omg mareth is reallyva fucked up place

6133920 But I mean 'in story'... It's what matters, really, in the end you know ?
Comic stuff, books, etc, they don't have ''comment sections'', is what I'm saying.

I love the Splatoon and Kaji reference. Nice to see some GIANT action. Keep up the good work.

i hope you come back to this soon!

6146271 But it does say it. In the story. All of that stuff happened because it was stated in the story. I'm tired of talking about this now. If you don't believe it's really there, fine. I'm losing interest in this story by the day any way, so it's not like this matters...

s1
s1 #17 · Jul 7th, 2015 · · ·

6160793

Then, the lifeguard blew his whistle. Only instead of paralyzing Spike like last time, this time he seemed to use this as a call. Out from the water came two terribly familiar figures: Mama Kraken and the Megalodon girl, apparently having set aside their differences to work together against him. He now had not one, but THREE giant monsters to fight against.

Now was the time for running.

Spike dashed across the sand with all three tearing after him.

After reading that this come to mind:

And are you eventually gonna do a bestiary of the Demon lifeguard, Demon volleyball players, the Kraken, Megalodon girl and the anthropomorphic orca whale, sea serpent? Because I find those the best parts of this fic.

6176251 Eh. Maybe. Honestly I'm not sure what I want to do with this. I mean, I have plenty of ideas. I just have no desire to work on this story at all any more.

I'll probably make a blog post about it at some point, but to make a long story short this story has gone through the same thing all of my other stories have gone through. I get excited at first and put my all into it. Then later I get bored and work on it here or there. Then I get disgusted with it and drop it entirely.

I'm not currently planning on abandoning it. But I am going to take a good amount of time away from it.

6146271 um, yes. Yes, comic books do have a comments section. Or rather, they did-it's been a long time since I've read a modern comic that wasn't a graphic novel or collection, so I'm not sure.

It was called "letters from the readers". Marvel in particular was the master of this. Any letters they received that pointed out plot holes or praised a particular story-or tore it to shreds-would get printed, with a corresponding response from someone in charge, typically thanking them for their input. The special few would receive the 'no-prize', an empty envelope mailed to them from the Marvel offices in commemoration of whatever their letter said that the executives deemed worthy.

I wonder what the mane six reaction will be to spike if/when he returns from this world

still hoping that more is coming, even though it seems unlikely

I liked how you put the effort to create your own creatures and races instead of copying CoC in that regard--and for that I must definitely commend you :yay:

Overall, I enjoyed your story and haven't noticed any glaring errors that would distract me from reading.

If I may be so bold as to offer a suggestion that could spice up the story a little: seeing as Spike is packing both female and male sets of equipment, and considering the fact that he had already sired several children, it would only be fair for him to experience the joys of pregnancy firsthand :twilightsheepish:

That said, I will be looking forward to more chapters somewhere down the line (I know that inspiration can be a fickle thing), whether or not you decide to indulge my little idea :twilightsmile:

6491359 Thanks for the critique and the suggestion. I rarely get any useful feedback on this sort of thing, so it's nice to see someone actually thinking about it critically.

I can't promise I'll come back to this, since I've pretty much completely lost interest with the idea. However, should I ever decide to work on it again, I'll definitely take your suggestion into consideration.

Unfortunately, my interest in working on this story has been a lot like my interest in the game. I get really excited at working towards one specific thing, but then my interest drops completely once I've done that thing.

6494403
I completely understand you, man. Although, the problem with which I am struggling is a bit different: I have a dozen or so fics planned out and partially in a rough draft state, but I just can't muster up the willingness to sit down and actually finish any of them :rainbowlaugh:

I haven't played CoC in about a year, but when the final dungeon eventually gets finished (which might be soon if the activity on fenoxo's blog is any indication) I think I will delve into the perverse world of Mareth once again :twilightsheepish:

gr8 m8 i r8 8/8

And now I must cry, for blazing through this to the end, forced to wait like the rest for it to update TAT

like, fave, follow

6832758 That is assuming I ever feel like updating again. Sorry
Thank you for liking it though.

6834801 I hope you do as well. There isn't enough adult stories involving gender shifted spike. :D

7045908 I do agree with that. Which is why I followed it up by writing Barbzilla. And I still have some ideas involving it from time to time.

I like the story because I have played CoC scene it's beginning as male female and herm. But you might want spike to experience the joys of motherhood maybe with an Avian (male harpy) or a male Kitsune (fox) with nine tails. This way Spike can have a male lover who wants a family with him.

Imagine the kids those giant sea-monsters will have!

Comment posted by Pappap deleted Jan 22nd, 2019
Login or register to comment