• Published 12th Oct 2011
  • 35,825 Views, 1,235 Comments

Romance Reports - SleeplessBrony



Twilight X Princess Luna. Kind of.

Comments ( 260 )

omg what hack wrote this ending

one thousand downthumbs and I'm going to write mean things about it on my blog

scranton.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw4599-1335652851465.gif

... Manly Tears Where Shed

884766

IT'S MY STYLE YOU JUST DON'T GET IT.

884816
writing in the present tense like some kind of weirdo
scranton.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw2091-99001_-_animated_macro_rarity_spike.gif
as a reader I have 100% authority over your stylistic decisions and my jimmies are now rustled beyond fuck all

(but in all srsness you know I love you, and this, and you, and kissin' pones :rainbowkiss:)

Oh hey! The famous romance reports! I can finally read this thing! Never really looked for it in the first place but I keep hearing about it so I'll go ahead and stick it in my read later pile.

One busted bit of formatting, everything else is goddamn flawless and immaculate.

You should go. I don't want to hurt you anymore.

Copied and pasted exactly as it appears.

Okay... I get back to my computer to see it restarting on its own, meaning it had crashed.

Then I find out that this story had updated.

It all makes sense, now.

You are a fuckin master. <3

Love this, love you, congratulations on completing it! How do you feel?

All my faves are belong to this.

You, sir, deserve a moustache. :moustache::moustache::moustache:

So when will you continue your other fic "Ponyville University"? Just curious...

I don't think this amount of smiling is healthy. What have you done to my face?

Im not sure which ending I like better

SUPERB!
Now we just need a dozen more alternative endings and then this story can laid to rest till the end of time.

I think of the two endings I like this one more. The Cherilee ending was good but something about this ending just makes me squeal and feel all giddy inside.

I give it a 4 out of 5, but hay that's still a B. So good job.:ajsmug:

AND THIS IS HOW IT REALLY ENDED!!!!


twilestia ending is best ending!

I haven't had a romance call out to me like this since I watched the graduate. All I can do is wonder why the alternate ending is not the real ending. It's so much more perfect.

Oh. My. God.

That was amazing. Utterly amazing. The characterization in this piece is simply stunning, no question - just when I think I have your characters figured out, you show us a completely new side of them that comes as a surprise but still makes perfect sense within the story itself. Beyond that, your treatment of love and relationships is so realistic it hurts, and it's actually taught me a thing or two about how to go about a relationship in the real world. No joke. I'm also in love with this alternate ending - the way it deepens and expands the characters even more, the grand summation of all your plots and themes that doesn't feel rushed or forced, and the bittersweet tone all make it a fantastic read. I think I actually prefer this to the canon ending. It's that good.

An epic character piece, a great love story, and one of the best stories about romance I have ever read. Period. Five stars; can't wait for you next big work.

(inb4 NaturalGlitch comes in and starts whining about how the story sucks for not portraying the characters as innocent, cutesy-wootsey little waifus instead of actual three-dimensional people with personalities)

YOU DID IT! So happy :) This story is what got me writing and i am so happy that you finally finished it! How is it knowing that THE most popular clopfic, is now finished and you are the man behind it? :pinkiehappy:

884766

u just jelli

totes bruh

Ah, so sweet! :twilightsmile: You handled Twilestia better than I expected, especially since at first I found Celestia's hesitance annoying.
>Hates awkwardness as a rule
>Reads romance stories
>:derpytongue2:

I love both endings, for different reasons. I'd say my favorite aspect if this one is the fact that Luna and Twilight finally get some closure, which struck me as an unfortunate omission in the other ending (though including it would have messed with the pacing).

I'd say I still favor the Twirilee one in the end, because I *adore* your Cheerilee and because I have a soft spot for the incredibly cinematic epilogue. Seriously, when I read the last scene of the Twirilee ending I can hear the orchestra and feel the theater seat! :twilightsmile:

One thing bugs me, though: I *REALLY* hope that the Celestia of the Twirilee ending only sees Twilight in a platonic light. I know that that hope is naive, but I just hate the thought of such a wonderful pony/goddess pining in silence. :raritydespair:

Whoa. I confess myself astonished that you managed to write an alternate ending to Romance Reports that could actually be rated teen. I'm confused. Sleepless writing non-cloppy (parts of) stories? What's the world coming to? :pinkiegasp:

Seriously, though, this was very good - every bit as awkward as that situation should be. I particularly liked Luna here, finally out of her web of deceit for once (if briefly).

Welcome to headcanon, alternate ending.

I can't believe you managed to pack so much into this ending. ALL THE FEELS, MAN. :twilightsheepish:

the greatest pony romance has come to it's end, and godlike one it is!

Oh look, you reached 1337 likes.

OH FUCKING DAMN!!!!! DAAAMN!! SO GOOD! FUCK!
[img]D:/Nope/Imagens/Faces/fuckyeah.gif[/img]

[img]D:/Nope/Imagens/Faces/fuckyeah.gif[/img]

884816 I have to say I enjoy your way of writing (even though you take too long between the chapters:ajbemused:)

You know that feeling when you finished something and you have nothing to do with you life??? That's how I feel right now. thank you sleeplessbrony, now I have to find something to occupy my life

Worth every second of the wait. Bravo.

As ever, totally and completely
i.imgur.com/eRy0R.png

I would like to see a vote of which ending people liked better. I'm leaning towards the Cheerilee ending myself, but they are both quite good. I'm not sure if I can explain why. I like the idea that some things go unanswered. Trying to humanize Gods (ok--don't make me say ponyize Goddesses) sort of losses something. Keeping some things unanswered is a nice touch. That epilogue where Twilight writes the final letter to her Muse during the picnic has a nice appeal to me. Not sure why but it really works great.

Don't get me wrong, the alternate ending is sweet to, but I guess either Twilight will become a little less relateable as she is among Gods, or the Gods themselves come down a notch. Either way, the alternate ending was fun to read as well.

Thanks for the stories and I look forward to Flutter-Mac!

Damn, when Luna wants to set up her sister, she really goes to extremes. She's a malicious matchmaking mastermind....to the max.
I do like this ending more than the original. Even though I had more feels with the original (read the entire story in pretty much one go), this one feels so incredibly epic. Like an awesome plot that comes together in the last minute, and you don't see it coming (strangely).
It also redeems Luna quite a bit. I couldn't help but wonder after the original ending; what was Luna's game? She seemed so evil. All that is fixed now. And that validates the existence of this alternative chapter.

All in all, at the risk of sounding over the top, this is the best story I've ever read.

Now slow clap. All of you.
You deserve it Sleepless.

Wonderful, just wonderful! It's good to see this finally complete. And now, I believe it is time for me to re-read this behemoth.

Cheers,
JP

The annoying thing about this story is that it now has two endings that I find myself unable to choose between as to which I prefer.
DAMNATION
:heart:

DAMN.
I was... hesitant about this whole alternate ending and, I insist, I love Twilestia so much it's not even funny. And perfect as this was, it feels just like what it is, an alternate ending. But DAMN what an alternate ending. I do wish you might have gone into a bit more 'detail' (wink wink nudge nudge) but as far as this chapter is concerned (which I assume is the last), there was no realm room for that without further extending it and the ending was perfect in my opinion.
Props to you, you fully deserve them. Have some slow claps.

If I could, I would upvote this more than once. Is there a policy against making multiple accounts to upvote? I feel this is a worthy cause.

This was so worth the wait. Guess I just like getting my heartstrings pulled, but I felt like this blew the Cheerilee ending out of the water... I might be biased, though, since I like Twilestia more.

I did feel like you were constantly pulling me this way and that with Luna's "snarky ass"/"repentant helper" mood swings for a bit there. That might've had something to do with the fact that it's been a long time since I read the original Romance Reports, and I just forgot how bad she can get under your view of her character.

Would've loved to see Rainbow just going "I knew it!" and Rarity fainting/gushing, or Twilight getting all distressed when she realizes that her love's in Canterlot and all of her friends are in Ponyville, and then the princess reminding her that everything's fine and that she can teleport like nopony's business... Nah, I can imagine how all of those scenes would play out anyway. This ending if perfectly fine, just the way it is.

To me, the story as a whole but with the twilestia ending instead of the first ending; really does makes this into a masterpiece in my eyes. (The first ending was really really good in my opinion; but the second one was just better)

Im a twilestia fan, so of course i would have liked more twilestia, but if you would have done that; im not so sure that you would have succeeded in such a grand fashion. Sure the twilestia is kind of needed to make this into a masterpiece in my eyes, but so is everything beforehand as well.

Oh, and mistake spotted:
"You should go. I don&#x0027;t want to hurt you anymore."
the underlined section is supposed to be a simple apostrophe i presume.

personal late night ranting follows:
Now i have at least five completed fanfics which i consider masterpieces:pinkiehappy:, i might have forgotten one or two though; but i've read soooo many fics (and of those i have only found about 1/2-2/3 on fimfiction.net, many of which i found here only after having read them elsewhere)... and it's kind of past 5:30 a.m. (tired)...:twilightsheepish: there are more stories (incomplete) which definitely looks hopeful to me (a certain twilestia fic which is slowly killing me with it's update-speed (*slow breaths* patience...)...amongst others...)

:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Now, that's just how you write an alter ending right there. As a fan of both this geat story and Celestia, I must thank you for giving us this amazing extra piece of the story, and portraying the Sun Princess in such a wonderful way (no clop, but cute awesome ending? yes please). Also, the closure with Luna was perfect.

That said I love the original ending too much, Cheerilight is still cutest shipping.:twilightsheepish:

Oh goodness, is that a complete tag. I think it is.

I love how Twilight has lovely explicit sex scenes with just about everypony...... but the one she ends up with (in this ending). 'course, like Celestia said, a lady "never" tells. :trollestia:

Nicely done. It was an enjoyable story, and quite fun. :moustache:

D'aww... :pinkiesad2:

But really? Sparky? :ajbemused:

That was good. I still like the canon ending a little more but this one is right up there with it.

Fucken Luna man! My thoughts about her throughout this story follow exactly those of Twilight's. She's a mean bitch. Then we start feeling sorry for her. Then she's a mean bitch again. Then she's good and then she's terrible and then AAAAAAAAARGH! *pant pant pant* I guess that is in part due to your writing.

And then we had a complete story! ...again. I'm really glad I stuck around for this. I can't really say which ending I prefer since I'm totally biased towards Twilestia, but yeah, still, amazing alternate ending.

Edit: Fuck and now I won't be able to read any shipping for a week. Everything else is so bland compare to this :duck:

I prefer this ending more... it has more buildup and it just feels like a solid fit.

That and I am a sucker for TwiLestia ever since I read Varanus' Composure... Yeah, thanks for that man! :trollestia:

Great story, enjoyed it heavily. Looking forward to more from you! :yay:

Jolly. I don't know which ending I prefer... Achievement Unlocked!

Damn. This was truly amazing. Hooves down one of my top 5 five fics of all time. This ending was nothing short of godlike. In fact I like this even better than the original because it goes in depth and is filled with conclutions and well deserved finality. Oh, and because celestia is best pony. (:trollestia: problem?)

Compared to this ending the original feels... Bland. Forced, you might say. But then again, everyone knows Twilestia is the OTP.

Login or register to comment