• Published 4th Apr 2013
  • 4,805 Views, 67 Comments

This Unusual Little World - PathOfTheAwesomePie



Get used to living in a world full of ponies and it turns out you'll be stuck here for a while!

  • ...
20
 67
 4,805

Chapter 17: Trixie's Showstopping Performance

I took Twilight's advice and went venturing into the city of Canterlot to find out what sights it had for tourist for me. Mia, one the other hand, has already left on her own as I figured. When I've looked around the city enough, I had promised to go help Fluttershy with Canterlot Gardens.

__________________~*~__________________

"Even with training... I still feel like a baby trying to take his first steps....," I said sighing and giving a distinct laugh.

I was leaving Canterlot Castle's vicinity, still attempting to walk perfectly straight seeing as I'm a pony for the newt 3 days.

"It still would've been cool to be a pegasus."

I began to daydream of the thought.

"Now with wings, that I could handle because of the "woosh" and the "woohoo" and the "yeeeeeah!," I said reenacting my visions of being a pegasus, as I was laughing I spotted several royals looking at me in a very disturbed manner.

I smiled with a sweat-filled face, "Ahaha... I'd... better go...," I said, trotting off the awkward scene.

*****

Minutes had passed as I began exploring Canterlot, it was truly a destination for luxurious ponies and fit for a princess's quarters. There were many jewelry stored, antique collecting shops, Equestrian history museums, and ponies' homes that were practically made of gold and diamonds. I was astonished at the sites of the shimmering town.

"Wow, not even El Dorado could compare to this place.," I said laughing and sitting on one of the nearby benches surrounding a well chiseled fountains.

I scoped out the rest of the scenery,but then found a stagecoach blocking my angle.

"Hold on...what's that?," I said squinting my eyes at the out-of-place object. "A stagecoach? That's the second one I've seen here...," I stated I observed the stagecoach a second time and gasped. "That IS the same one from before, then if that's so...that means...," I said getting up off the bench and trotting to the herd of ponies gathered in front of the stagecoach.

"Watch in awe, ponies, for my next act I shall give you the best fireworks display by simply using my amazing magic!," Said a voice on stage as I found my way into the crowd.

Upon my entrance I saw the stunning mare once more, it was none other than Trixie!

"I should've figured Trixie didn't leave town completely.," I said with a somewhat pleasant face.

Trixie began to stand her ground and began to use her horn to give the crowd a fantastic fireworks display.

"Maybe she finally overcame that problem of hers with her last show!," I said smiling and focusing on her.

As Trixie finally gathered up her magic for her fireworks she let it loose, though, not in the way she had expected. The magic Trixie released went zipping across the area hitting the houses and busts positioned around.

I panicked along with the crowd. "Oh boy, this can't be good!," I said dodging the beams of light as best I could.

The streams of magic continued to bounce around until they all came hurling to it's starting point, meaning Trixie.

"Uh oh.," Trixie said in a small voice.

The magic clashed into Trixie, creating a beautiful yet painful display of fireworks with the mixed screams of Trixie as well. After the short scenario was over, Trixie stood on the stage with a burnt cloak and hat, then she coughed. The crowd of royals stared at her with awe.

"Tada..?," Trixie said, smiling with an unsure smile.

All of the royals laughed at the are's folly, a few had displeased faces, and they began to leave the mare's sight as a whole.

Trixie's smile slowly disappeared and it slowly turned into a frown.

"Well, as least you gave them fireworks."

I looked at Trixie with a worried expression and caught a glimpse of a few tears from her eyes, yet she was enraged.

"Is she crying?," I asked myself, staring at her.

"W-WHO CARES ABOUT YOU ALL, TRIXIE SHOULD BE THANKS FOR SHOWING ALL OF YOU DISRESPECTFUL PONIES SOMETHING ," Trixie stopped in the middle of her ranting and her tears became more noticeable. "Something.... so amazing...," She mumbled as she dropped her head and walked hopelessly behind the curtains of her stage still in tears.

My ears perked up, and I held my hoof up to get her attention. "Ah, Wait, Trixie ," I said hesitantly.

The stage transformed back into a stagecoach, now unable to hear Trixie at all.

I put my hoof down and frowned. "I still liked the awesome colors.," I said, leaving the area.

*****

I stayed sitting on the bench in front of the fountain again, hoping that Trixie was still okay.

"That must've been hard for her, and with a mare's ego as big as hers... I can't imagine the pain she's feeling right now.," I said laying on the bench looking into the evening sky. "I mean besides being blasted by magical fireworks.,"

I hopped of the bench and decided to go check on Trixie. "You'd think a pony with her type of attitude wouldn't be affected by something like that.," I said, approaching the stagecoach and started knocked.

Minutes passed and there was no response from inside.

"That's odd...," I wondered as I put my ear on the door, I heard a faint voice that was quite possibly the sound of Trixie yelling. "Hmm... well, I've got to get her attention somehow.," I said sighing and moving far away from the stagecoach 's door. I took a deep breathe and trotted quickly towards it, bracing my impact.

"Oof!," I reacted, slamming into the stagecoach with full force.

The stagecoach finished rocking and the door opened.

"WHO DARES DISTURB THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE!?," Trixie bellowed, then looked on the ground and saw me slightly unconscious. "What are you doing?," She asked me in a sassy tone.

I wobbled on my hooves as I tried to stand up. "Ouch! That would've usually knocked me out...," I smiled. "I guess a pony's body is sturdy!,"

Trixie stared at me with a stern look as I was admiring my new endurance.

"Uh, right! Trixie are you okay?," I asked.

Trixie's face turned content for a second, then it returned to frustration. "Trixie's fine, what pony like you cares about a brilliant mare such as me?," She asked.

I looked at the blue mare with a confused look.

"I guess she can't recognize me, this could give me a chance for redeeming our last encounter!"

I shook my head. "Well, after that performance, you ,"

Trixie flinched a little. "You saw that!?," She reacted in surprise.

I nodded.

Trixie glared at me intensely "Are you here to MOCK Trixie?" She asked.

I waved my hoof out of disagreement. "No, no, no of course not! I wanted to praise you!," I said with a smile.

Trixie's anger slowly disappeared. "Come again?," She said.

"Yeah, I mean those fireworks you did were amazing...though... they didn't show off the way you had hoped, huh?," I admitted.

"Ugh, you're just like that annoying human, it wasn't on purpo wait, what?," Trixie stopped mid sentence.

I nodded again. "Mhm, your fireworks didn't show off the way you wanted, right?," I asked.

Trixie showed a little guilt in response. "Um... you could say that...," She shook her head. "B-but so what, why mention such an obvious setback to Trixie!?," She asked in a feisty tone.

I put my hoof up to my mouth, thinking, then had an idea. "How about I help you with your next performance?," I asked.

Trixie's face lit up in surprise and she couldn't quite come up with the right words for my offer. "You...you would help me?," She asked with a small blush.

"You bet, I'm sure we'll make up a performance that'll really show those royal ponies what you could really do!," I said, raising my hoof in the air.

Trixie smirked. "You're right, we'll show them!," She responded.

We both high-hoofed each other, then Trixie noticed her actions.

"Um...r-right, just don't get in Trixie's way....o-okay? She demanded in a less noisy way.

"Aye aye!," I replied, saluting.

Trixie smiled a bit, but didn't show it.

*****

Trixie and I decided to work on the performance at night because there wouldn't be any ponies around to see her mess up as she admitted, though that's kind of the point of practicing. Trixie decided not to wear her cape and hat so they wouldn't get marks or anything that could damage it's fabric.

We stood on opposite ends of the fountain in the town square, Trixie looked all around for any signs for ponies.

"Seems we we have this place to ourselves tonight...," I said looking at the somewhat nervous Trixie.

"Wow, what is this, some date? That didn't come out right..."

Trixie looked at me and nodded. "Yes, and this should give us enough time to work on my next performance!," She said.

I clapped my two front hooves together. "Awesome, so what did you have in mind?," I asked curiously.

Trixie smiled. "Trixie thinks of doing an Equestrian fire dance!," She replied.

I was shocked and confused. "An Equestrian fire dance?," I asked.

Trixie's face became puzzled. "You're not familiar with the fire dance, hmph, so unprofessional.~," She said in a mocking tone.

I pouted at the comment and asked again.

"Well it'd be best to just show you!," She insisted.

Trixie went into a readying pose and magically made two twirling batons appear in each of her hooves then began to spin them. As the batons spun, she used her horn to cast a fire on the top parts of the batons, she was then performing a perfect fire dance.

I stood there, amazed. "Whoa, that's incredible!," I said.

Trixie laughed. "Of course it is, I AM the GREAT and powerful Trixe after ....," She was beginning to lose her flow in the twirling. "After....a-after...WAAAH!," She screamed as she lost the batons that were sent hurling on the nearby topiary, starting a small fire.

"Oh snap... I-I MEAN I GOT IT!," I said, rushing to splash the fountain's water on the water on the fire.

The flames dwindled and I sighed. Trixie showed signs of regret.

"Uh...haha, I do have another performance!," Trixie said.

I smiled. "Well, it can't be as dangerous as the fire dance...," I said.

"I call it... Manticore Master!," She said poofing a whip and chair in her hooves.

I stared at her with a blank expression. "A manti- what?," I asked.

"Behold!," She announced, making a lion-like animal with wings appear who roared so loud that almost the entire square's homes were lit up.

I panicked at it's sight. "TRIXIE, WHAT THE HAY HAY!," I yelled.

Trixie gave a serious smirk. "Relax, Trixie's got this covered.," She proclaimed, immediately using the whip on the vicious beast.

The manticore's anger grew as Trixie started tempting it with the waving of her chair and the snaps of the whip. The manticore roared louder and suddenly slashed the chair Trixie into pieces.

"Uh oh...," She said, staring at the beast rushing towards her.

I trotted in front of her, grabbed the whip and wrapped it around the beast's legs in an effective hog tie.

I tried to keep the knot in place, but was getting slightly wounded by the manticore's thrashing by the second.

"TRIXIE! MAKE IT DISAPPEAR, MAKE IT DISAPPEAR!," I said, restraining the manticore with all my available strength.

Trixie panicked and nodded then she used her magic to make the manticore totally disappear from sight.

I dropped to the ground on my face, with the whip over my left ear. "Good thing Applejack's hog-tying lessons came in handy...," I said panting little by little.

Some of the ponies who were awoke by the manticore's commotion came swarming out of their houses and what was going on.

"What's with all the noise!," Said an enraged pony.

"Yes, what disturbed my beauty sleep?," Said another pony.

"And mines!," Said another pony.

Trixie was overwhelmed in the situation and I quickly rose up out of my slump to support her. Every pony was horrified by my scars and bruises from fighting off the manticore.

"I...kinda fell and bumped into a lot of things because... uh...," I began looking around. ," I'M BLIND AT NIGHT!," I said, faking an act as I tripped into the fountain.

Every pony felt sorry for me and a few helped me out of the water. They came to an understanding and went along with my false explanation. Trixie sat on her flank in awe over the royals treating me fair and kindly. After the problem was solved, every pony returned to their homes and head back asleep peacefully and soundly.

I waved as their lights went out, then sighed and fell to the ground on my flank. "I can't believe that worked...I feel terrible for lying but...,"

"It was for the greater good...," Trixie finished.

I rose my head up to spot Trixie, crying with her mane covering her face. She also had a few scars from the manticore attacks.


I stared at her and rose up and trotted towards the crying blue unicorn.

She continued to shed tear by tear with each step I took. I fell back to the ground, now in front of Trixie, I lifted her face with my hoof.

Her face was completely different from how she usually appeared.

"Trixie...," I said.

Trixie sniffed and had a whimpering voice as she looked at me. "H-how...do...you...do it....being so nice to any pony....getting such kindness from others....just...just...," She asked, holding in her will to cry.

I stared at Trixie and wiped the tears from her eyes. "It's not something I try hard at, it's something I choose to do.," I replied.

Trixie's eyes began to develop small tears again. "I...I don't get it...," She said.

"Yeah, me neither...," I said sarcastically laughing. "But what I'm saying is that even you, Trixie, could earn respect like that, plus a way to make your performance a little less, you know...dangerous?," I stated.

I petted Trixie and she began smiling and tackled me to the ground with a hug.

"Oof! This... is seriously becoming a routine to me here...," I said, accepting the mare's hug.

"I'm going to try and change the way ponies look at me... and do it right!," Trixie said, smiling and still hugging me.

"Cool and I'll be with you every step of the way!," I said, holding my hoof up. "Just...as soon as you stop hugging me.," I added, laughing a little along with her.

*****

As night passed, Trixie and I began to formulate our completely new and improved performance that would surely wow her audience, it took a little getting used to it. Trixie felt so exhilarated about her new performing style and kept clinging to me out of sheer joy, but we were both still set on mastering our act.

*****

Morning arrived and we both were asleep within her stagecoach.

I yawned and awoke, listening to the ponies passing outside, I woke up Trixie, who was sleeping in her bed.

"This stagecoach is surprisingly roomy on the inside.," I commented, still trying to awake the sleeping mare.

Trixie slowly recovered from her wary state and panicked. "I-Is it morning already?," She asked, falling out of her bed and rushing to put on her hat and cape. "Do you think we can pull it off..?," She asked.

"I don't think we can, I KNOW we can!," I smiled and nodded.

Trixie blushed lightly, but nodded. "Trixie I mean...I agree!," She responded.

Ponies continued to pass the stagecoach only until then did Trixie unravel it and made the it into a stage in the blink of an eye. Everypony around was fascinated and came crowding in front.

I looked from behind the curtains and stared at the crowd.

"This must be how she gets her audience, not bad to say the least!"

Trixie was behind me, making sure her hat would keep in place.

I looked at Trixie as she got ready. "Funny...," I said.

Trixie glanced over to me. "What's funny?," She asked , puffing up her cheeks.

I chuckled a little. "To think the mare who despised me...turned into a gentle and...," I shifted my eyes. "kinda lovable pony I never knew she was.," I said, flattering the now blushing mare.

Trixie couldn't quite say the words she was looking for so she was silent for a while. "T-thanks...," She said, heading outside of the curtains.

I smiled and saw her out on the stage facing the ponies.

Trixie remained poised on the stage, scanning over her audience and cleared her voice. "Greetings one and all, I am the GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie who has graced your presence promising to bring joy to your wor ," Trixie stopped her arrogant introduction and looked at me behind the curtains.

I shook my head and she put on a sad expression and turned her focus back towards her audience.

"Actually... I'm just Trixie, the show pony who wants to give all of you ponies a great time from my performance that'll be worth enjoying...," She said, smiling . "And I mean for EVERYPONY!," She cheered as fireworks flared out at the sides of the stage.

Most of the ponies that attended yesterday's performance was present and somewhat intrigued in her change of attitude.

Trixie looks onto the audience, glaring a a particular filly with her father. "You there, little on!," She said pointing to the brown maned filly.

The filly looked around and then back at Trixie. "Who, me?," She asked in confusion.

Trixie nodded and used her magic to pull out random stairs that led up to the stage. The filly trotted up stage and stared at Trixie.

"What's your name?," Trixie asked.

"It's Natilla Velvet, ma'am!," She replied.

Trixie nodded and covered her left hoof with her cape. "Natilla, would you like to help me with my performance?," She asked, instantly making a bottle of blowing bubbles appear.

"Sure! But why do you have bubbles?," Natilla asked putting a hoof up to her mouth out of shy curiosity.

Trixie laughed. "They're for you of course!," She replied, giving the bottle to Natilla.

"Really!? Thanks!," Natilla said, who started blowing bubbles eagerly.

The audience's ponies laughed a little at the scenario.

I stood by behind the curtains watching the act progress and smiled.

"This isn't how we planned. but so far it's going great!"

The filly continued to blow countless bubbles into the air, then Trixie confirmed that she had blown enough bubbles, and so the filly stopped. Trixie instructed the crowd to pay close attention on the bubbles. She began to use her magic to develop small shimmers of light within and around the bubbles. The lights kept changing color, giving it a crystal ball-like effect to them all. The crowd responded with "oohs" and "aahs". Trixie enjoyed the audience's reaction and returned her attention back to the excited filly.

"Just watch this!~," Trixie said.

With her horn now aglow, Trixie began using her magic to alter the bubbles' movement and started creating shapes like a sun, a smiley face, a moon, and a star. The images were amazing and stunning, I couldn't keep my eyes off of them.

I shook my head and started to slowly walk out towards the stage. "Well, time to hit the stage!," I said under my breathe.

As the crowd enjoyed the creations, I appeared on stage and took a bow. "Hope you're all enjoying the show Trixie had put on so far!," I said, praising Trixie's efforts.

Natilla gasped in surprise as she looked at me. "YOU'RE THE BLIND NIGHT PONY!," She squealed.

The audience recognized me as well and muttered then start calling me the "blind night pony".

I gave a deadpan, but happy expression.

"Well...not the best first impression, but what can you do?"

Trixie laughed with the crowd and used her magic to levitate the bubbles beneath me and they slowly lifted me into the air.

"Whoa!," Natilla said, looking at me as I rose.

the crowd was concerned about what was going on because they knew I couldn't fly. Trixie then positioned all the bubbles into a random line that led to one bubble to the next. I bowed once more and started jumping from one bubble to the next in an acrobatic -like fashion.

"This pony body's much agile than my normal body, I'm kinda jealous..."

As I jumped from one bubble to the other, they popped and created colorful sparkles raining down on the audience. I looked down about the whole time as I was moving, but then I reached the last bubble and tried to keep my balance on it. Everypony tried to encourage me on standing still, then I continued wobbling. The bubble ended up popping.

"Great..." I said, standing in air for a second or two until I started falling down.

All of the royals began panicking and Natilla closed her eyes.

"This wasn't...PLANNED!," I said, getting closer to the ground.

Trixie was frightened, but didn't show it. She thought then smiled. "A good performer ALWAYS improvises!," She said close to the filly.

Trixie asked Natilla to give her the bubbles, which she did. She quickly blew a huge bubble that she used her magic to float it under me to cushion my fall. The bubble hit the ground with me on it, then bounced right back up into the air. The audience cheered for my safety and was impressed as they had thought it was part of the performance. I looked at Trixie from the air and winked at her.

"Way to improvise, Trix!"

I jumped off the huge bubble in the air and made it to the stage thanks to Trixie's levitation. "Awesome save, Trixie!," I said, smiling.

Trixie smiled back and looked at the bubble in the sky, expanded it and made it hurl towards the audience. The royals ll felt scared, but it harmlessly picked the entire them up. Most of the ponies began jumping around and having fun as a few were a bit embarrassed about breaking out of character. Soon, everypony loved playing in the bubbly bounce house. Natilla tarted jumping up and down , eager to join in on the fun. Trixie blew a bubble to hold me, her, and the little filly. We flew together to the huge bubble, which fused with the one we were in, and then joined in the play.

Minutes of endless cheer and laughter filled the skies and passing royals were mesmerized by the overall display. Trixie jumped along with everypony and I noticed a few tars (possibly of joy) coming from the blue mare's face.

"I think it's safe to say she's opened up more!"

Trixie used her magic to placed the bubble towards the ground and popped it carefully grounding everypony. All of the royals couldn't stop cheering for her. Trixie smiled at the crowd and suddenly poked by a hoof from below. Natilla stood staring at Trixie with adoring eyes.

"Thanks for all the fun, kind and wonderful Trixie!," She said.

"It's actually GREAT AND POWER ," Trixie thought for a moment and shook her head. "Okay....kind and wonderful is fine!," Trixie replied.

The filly hugged Trixie and I headed back behind the curtains on the stage. I turned around to find Trixie holding the tip of my tail.

I smirked. "Something wrong oh kind and wonderful Trixie?," I asked humorously.

Trixie blushed at the new title and looked at me. "I just couldn't have done this without you...um...," She paused for a moment. "Funny...," She said, giggling.

"W-what's so funny?," I asked, sensing an odd case of déjà vu.

"We've made our own performance and all and ... I still never got your name.," She said with a hint of glimmer in her eyes.

I stared at her, unable to reply.

"... I totally forgot to tell her didn't I?"

I cleared my throat and proceeded to answer. "Well, the thing is that I'm ,"

There was a sudden roar of voices out chanting "Great and Powerful Trixie!".

I looked behind Trixie, then back at her. "I thought it was kind and wonderful now?," I asked.

Trixie smiled and blushed. "It... just doesn't sound as catchy, but I may change it.," She admitted.

"Well, you are greatly kind and wonderfully powerful!," I responded.

Trixie laughed at my comment. "That's so cheesy!," She replied mockingly. She stared outside. "I suppose I'd better go, now I have a purpose in performing again .," She said.

I nodded. "Seems like it, I wish you luck Trixie, and you're one talented pony, that's for sure!," I said, walking towards the back exit of the stage.

Trixie hesitate. "Whoa, wait! You didn't give me your name!," She implied.

I turned back around. "In due time, in due time...," I said, turning back around and leaving the area.

Trixie sighed and shook her head. "How melodramatic can a pony get...," She said, slightly blushing and returning to her fans.

*****

I walked back to the fountain, seeing how well Trixie was doing from afar.

"Well, looks like my work here s done!," I said, frowning. "Darn it, this would've been more "complete" if I had some slick shades...," I said facehooving an walking away from the area.

__________________~*~__________________

Author's Note:

Out of my personal view, this is the way I see how Trixie when she's not trying to be a "stuck-up showmare"! Everypony has an ego they can't control, you know? I think it has something to do with her pride or maybe some filly trauma of not being assertive? o.e

Random Author Notes:
Oh, and I've noticed that I can never get whether I should type "everypony" or "every pony" because it's like everybody and stuff! (So confusing! >o<)
Lastly, I'm a fan of Trixie so I did love writing this, I cut this chapter by a little piece because I go too carried away and I probably wouldn't have time to type it all up in time! If it seems TOO "fanboy-ish", let me know please.

Comments ( 8 )
Comment posted by PathOfTheAwesomePie deleted Aug 21st, 2014

4886292
Ah! You're saying the title was a bit misleading? :rainbowlaugh:
I suppose it's a little true, I wanted to change it a few times but... it just came to me and I have no choice but to keep it! :twilightsheepish:

4886329
I'm glad you recognized it! :pinkiehappy:
I've been trying to keep within the actual show's preferences while still adding what I like to what I liked in the recent series while still making a full fledged fan fiction! I admit it does sound a little like a kids book because.... I did envy Hasbro's ideas on MLP so.... yea! :twilightblush:

4886354
Thanks for the support, tis much appreciated, Shift! :pinkiesmile:

4891274
Lolz thanks, I didn't want my favoritism for Trixie to show! :facehoof:

(I'm still all Pinkie and RD! :pinkiegasp: :rainbowwild:)

5139285
Lolz, thanks for the reference Roshi! :rainbowlaugh: d(=w=) *thumbs up*

nice like to see more

I've been on a super long absence because of this whole "becoming an Animator" thing, so I'll try my best to input the current chapters I've worked on starting June 25th, so I apologize for the huge stall! :applecry:

Login or register to comment