• Published 4th Apr 2013
  • 4,805 Views, 67 Comments

This Unusual Little World - PathOfTheAwesomePie



Get used to living in a world full of ponies and it turns out you'll be stuck here for a while!

  • ...
20
 67
 4,805

Chapter 15: A Royal Greeting

Author's Note:

I really want to post those pictures of my original ponies, they're important to the stories indeed and it was a LITTLE hard coming up with the designs and details and...I'll just keep my info short. Anyways, I finally put up chapter 15, I feel as if I've abandoned my readers... and for that I'm sorry! (T^ T )

\(o.o)/ I'll try to keep this series as daily as I can as I continue my other series!!

[UPDATE] I change the chapter's name due to mistakes of people thinking Celestia would actually do the greeting, but... yea lolz!

[NOTE: For those who will notice, the name of my original ponies will have their names highlighted as they are first introduced, and as I said, I will post up a picture of said ponies! (As soon as I get my scanner fixed... xD) So please enjoy!]

_________________ ~*~ ________________

I get to Canterlot thinking that I'll have a wonderful time without having to worry about any issues and that I would get the chance to sight-see catch some rays...okay maybe not the rays, but I can imagine can I? Anyways, the moment I head to Canterlot, the friend Rarity mentioned who wanted to meet me wasn't in her Boutique and we went through a huge problem as to getting into Celestia's castle just to reach her. Mia and I had out work cut out for us until we were somewhat rescued by a mare named Marble, a familiar name if you ask me, we all were finally allowed into the castle in peace.

*****

I was still a little sleepy and steadily becoming conscious again. "Ugh...my sides... never again will I allow girls to hug me so mush ever...ever again.," I said with my eyes closed.

"Well Alex, I'm sorry to hear such a thing, that's honestly a way Marble shows her gratitude you know, darling.," said a voice.

I opened my eyes to see who it was that just spoke, and to my surprise it was rarity who was standing near me while I was laying in the bed. "Rarity!," I said laying upright.

"It's nice to see you're alright, Alex... Marble and Mia were so worried about your condition.," rarity said while walking over to what appeared to be her luggage from the train station.

"Can't... believe that carrier got all that stuff from there to HERE!,"

"I'm guessing that Marble pony was the friend you were talking about, huh?," I asked.

Rarity smiled and nodded.

I looked around the bedroom and noticed some similarities it had to Rarity's room at the Carousel Boutique back in Ponyville. "Wow, so you live here too!?," I said with astonishment.

"Not quite, I've used this room once I was given the honor to live amongst the royals as I've been producing designs for Celestia's important celebration!," Rarity said looking about the room, nostalgically.

I stared at Rarity and wondered."Say... rarity... you're not a royal?," I asked in confusion.

Rarity turned her head towards me. "My, whatever gave you that idea?," She replied with a very disturbed expression.

"Oh yeah... not liking to get dirty, wearing dresses almost all the time, always staying "petite" in situations definitely not a royal, but indeed a drama queen sometimes.,"

"Hmm... just a hunch!," I said, whistling afterwards.

The door had opened upon the moment I was about to get out of the bed. I looked who was coming inside, it appeared to be two white coated ponies, one who was a pegasus with a snow white mane, and the other was a unicorn with a black mane, both had a flower in their manes.

"Wow, those two look unique...," I said as I continued rubbing the side of my arms. "I wish those two went easy on the hugging.," I said laughing distinctly.

"It's a pleasure to meet you!," said the pegasus.

The unicorn nodded and put her hoof up in a way of saying hi.

"Ooookay, I wonder what's wrong with the unicorn, maybe I'm freaking her out without knowing it?,"

"It's nice to meet you two as well, the name's Alex!," I responded.

rarity walked towards the two and started to chat to them about something, then exited the room. The two looked at me and the pegasus flew over to me and the unicorn walked over.

"You must be the special guest Princess Celestia told us about!," the pegasus said with glee. "We've never sen your kind before... that is down in the royal quarters a while ago.," Said the pegasus.

"Wait, what do you mean?," I asked as I looked at the flying pegasus.

"You won't hug us so hard will you?," The pegasus said as her and the unicorn made concerned faces.

I looked at the two scared ponies.

"My guess... Mia"

"No worries, I promise not to hug you two unless you really want me to!," I said putting up my hand to symbolize an oath of promise.

The ponies were satisfied and continued on to introducing themselves.

"Well, my name is Sunshine Bloom and I hope we'll be very best of friends!," said the pegasus.

"So cheerful and full of energy!,"

"..." The unicorn stayed silent.

"Is... there something wrong with her?," I asked looking at the unicorn, worried.

"Oh, forgive her... she's a bit shy and doesn't talk to most ponies...," Sunshine said.

"Ah...," I said getting out of bed and let my hand approach the cautious unicorn.

"H-hey, what are you trying to ," Sunshine began to worry and tried to stop me because she thought I would hurt her mare friend.

Then I knelt down to the suddenly scared unicorn and petted her.

"..!," The unicorn had opened her closed eyes and realized what I was doing, then she started enjoying it.

"Whoa, she's reacting more to this than Fluttershy!," I said mumbling to myself.

"I never saw some pony do that before...," said Sunshine.

"Wait, you've never seen anyone...erm... anypony pet another pony before?," I asked, surprised.

"I just realized that sounded weird...didn't it?,"

Sunshine had nodded her head, then I returned my attention to the unicorn who enjoyed being petted and she caught a glimpse of me.

"She's so silent...," I said looking at her.

The unicorn shook her head to signal I correct on something.

"...wait a sec.," I said thinking. "OH!," I said looking at the unicorn. "Silent... Bloom, right?," I said, grinning.

The ecstatic unicorn shared a smile along with mines.

After a while I was petting both of them, they agreed that this new happy sensation was something they couldn't resist. Later, Sunshine and Silent led me out of Rarity's Canterlot bedroom and down the castle's stairs.

"Wow... this place is HUUUUUUGE on the inside!,"I said as I heard echoes come from my voice.

"Down the stairs I spotted several figures, and then I looked even closer. " Is that... Mia, Marble, Twilight and ," I was paused by Marble's "hug attack". "Gaaah!," I said as I was once again thrown down on the floor.

"Ooh I'm so glad you're alright, Alex, I'm sorry if we hurt you!," Marble said as she kept apologizing.

"Well... you could take it just a bit easy on those tackling hugs of yours haha...," I said, trying to get up off the floor.

"Ah Alex, I'm glad to see you were awake, I was actually looking for you!," Twilight said trotting towards me.

"Huh, what for?," I asked.

Twilight waved her hoof at me to tell me to come closer, then she started whispering something to me.

"Uh huh...uh huh... aaaaah!," I said as I nodded in agreement.

Mia and Marble looked at me in confusion.

"I'll be going with Twilight for a short while so mind if you girls go out to see around Canterlot?," I said with pleading eyes.

"Well, okay!~," Mia replied.

"Alright, back to my boutique!," Marble said as she dashed out the front castle gates.

"Thanks again in advance for your participation, Alex.," Twilight nodded in agreements so we dashed outside to begin our experiment.

the moment we left the hall I heard a sound following us.

"Hmm... must me my imagination!," I said returning to go and follow Twilight.

_________________~*~_________________