• Published 4th Apr 2013
  • 4,805 Views, 67 Comments

This Unusual Little World - PathOfTheAwesomePie



Get used to living in a world full of ponies and it turns out you'll be stuck here for a while!

  • ...
20
 67
 4,805

Chapter 8: Pinkie's Party Problem

~It was a little well over hours that everypony left after getting to know me very well at the party last night, but most of all, the princess and every other pony had a great time with the fun and festivities that they had. Fluttershy finally cued her bird to sing, Rarity shared some of her designing tips to other ponies, Twilight and Spike enjoyed dancing together (Spike took being flung around with magic exceptionally well!), Applejack made a huge killing in catering everypony there, and Rainbow Dash was still zooming around looking for someone still...preferably the team called the Wonderbolts, and there was Pinkie who was running ALL over the place partying with everypony by making conga lines and having fun having pie eating contests with them. I couldn't have asked for a better party, it's hard to get used to the problematic event that took place before all of this, I would've even ruined it, but in the end all's well that ends well.~

*****

Now it's morning and I just woke up from the area I still had to myself found upstairs where Twilight and Spike slept.

"One of these days, I hope I'm upgraded to something more spacious..." I said cramping to get up from a very uncomfortable position.

As I was walking I took a slight pause and found out that my stomach was growling.

"Out of everything I find edible in the world...I still keep forgetting what I might do for food, I mean sure that apple pie Applejack gave me was delicious but...ow, I'll have to hold on for now." I told myself as I ignored the growling and continued on walking. Once I reached downstairs I saw Twilight and Applejack talking about something. "Good morning you two!" I said with a proud smile.

The two stopped talking and sported a small grin, then I looked at them oddly.

"What seems to be the problem?" I asked, wiping my eyes from the sleepiness.

"Oh, mornin' Alex, hope ya slept well enough!" Applejack said in a friendly manner.

"Alex, sorry if we woke you up with our discussion, me and Applejack were just talking about Pinkie Pie." Twilight said.

I looked at the two ponies and started making a blank expression.

"Is something wrong..?" Twilight asked hastily.

"No...just wondering if ponies in Equestria gossip about other girls just like where I come from." I said with a devious smile.

"W-What,no,no,it's not gossip..!" Twilight replied with a bit of uncomfort.

"C'mon, why would we gossip about poor little good of the kin Pinkie Pie?" Applejack replied, defensively putting her hoof up to me.

"Heheh, s-sorry, kinda was quick to judge on that one." I said shooing my hand showing I'd throw the thought of saying that was gone. "Anyways, what seems to be the problem with Pinkie?"

"Oh, nothing is wrong with her, it's just something...um..." Twilight tried thinking of a word.

"Just Pinkie Pie being too Pinkie Pie?" I asked with an ironic lift of the eyebrow.

"Bingo, partner!" Applejack said with a quick tilt of her hat.

"What's wrong with her, did she run out of party stuff or something?" I asked laughing a little.

"Well, it's no laughing matter, poor Pinkie's been trying to give everypony another party just to continue from last night's." Twilight replied crossing one front hoof over the other.

"Yea, Pinkie Pie's been askin' door to door just to ask anypony to party!" Applejack added.

"Really!?" I said with concern.

"Unfortunately so...Pinkie can be a little overwhelming when it comes to parties." Twilight stated.

I looked at the the troubling expressions of Applejack and Twilight, then I got to wondering how bent out of shape Pinkie must be, not having anyone to party with, I could imagine it being tough on her. Then I thought back to my last party I threw at my house when I tried to invite everyone...they didn't happen to show, only some of my two friends,Nichole and Mia, came and we had a wild movie night. So I had to think of a way to fix this.

"Why don't I check on her?" I asked raising my hand.

"Ah, you'll do that Alex?" Twilight said with glistening eyes of joy.

"Sure, I don't see what's wrong with going over to Pinkie and cheering her up in her whole party craze." I said with a smile.

"Mighty kind of ya, Alex, I'll be havin' a fine apple pie waitin' for ya once yer back!" Applejack said, stamping down her left hoof.

"W-wow really!?" I said with huge excitement, in addition I think my stomach agreed to that as well!

"Forget eating the regular food I usually eat, PIE IS AWESOME!"

Well, I should be off, I bet Pinkie's fine, I know so!" I said as I left Twilight's library.

*****

I strolled along the streets of Ponyville, where most of the ponies greeted me with a "Good morning!", it was safe to say that they took me as a friendly person. Along the way I did encounter some ponies who still thought of me as a creature they wanted to truly avoid.

"Just because they accepted me doesn't me EVERYPONY respects me."

Once I got to Sugar Cube Corner, I found the bakery that Pinkie supposedly lived.

"Wow, so she really does live in a place for sweets, that's gotta be like paradise for her!" I said with a small laugh.

As I approached the front door, I saw a "closed" sign dangling on the door knob.

"Aw what, they're closed!?" I said trying to conserve my anger knowing that the other ponies might get the wrong idea what I may be upset about.

"Aaaaaah, look out belooooooow!" shouted a voice overhead.

"What in the world--Gah!" I said with a slight concussion, I could hardly contain my vision.

"Oh come on another...fainting ...trauma..." I passed out in an instant.

*****

{ "You've got to be the clumsiest person person ever, and I expected you to do my delivery job for one day?" I asked in a bit of an angered tone.

"Oh come now, it wasn't THAT bad..." Mia said,flustered with a ironic smile.

"You slipped off what looked like the tiniest oil spill, rammed a nearby truck with my scouter, the truck tipped over, rammed into the gas station, the thing went into flames which ricocheted off the steel roof, then bounced towards a tree...burning that old lady's house who brings me cookies..." I said facepalming Mia.

"Um, I think...I did get that cat that was stuck in the tree near her house, that counts right?" She said, now laughing and poking my cheek.

"Haha, I guess you're right, I don't know when you'll ever wake up to reality, Mia."}

*****

"Hey, you okay, hellooooooo wake up!?" said a mild mannered voice.

"Hmm, huh, what fell on my head this time..?" I asked while trying to regain my consciousness.

"Are you okay, sir?" asked a blurry blonde maned imaged.

"Ugh, y-yea... I do feel a little better now--" I shook my head and spotted who was talking to me, then paused for a moment to look what appeared to be some sort of out of ordered pair of eyes looking at me.

"Oh, phew I'm glad you're alright, one more unconscious pony then I'd be in A LOT of trouble right now, haha!" The pegasus replied.

"Hope she knows I'm not a pony..."

I sat up from where I passed out near the bakery. "Um...wow I must have knocked my head out wrong...just those eyes--" just before I could finish my sentence, a pair of hooves came over my mouth.

"Eyes... I don't understand?" asked the confused pegasus.

"Ooooooh, Alex was trying to say that ...he was about to tell his name to you!" said Pinkie Pie with a smile.

"Can't tell if that smile is fake or real...even for Pinkie Pie's standards, why'd she put her hooves over my mouth, I was just gonna say her eyes were bizarre that was all."

The blonde maned pegasus picked up what appeared to be a mail carrier bag that had loads of mail coming out of it.
"Speaking of names, sorry for the drop, mister!" she said with in a pleading way.

"Oh, are you okay Alex, hope you're not hurt or you won't be able to party with meeeeeee!" Pinkie said as she put both of her hooves on the end of my cheeks to check if I was still in good condition.

I laughed and removed Pinkie's hooves from my face and rose from the ground. "Don't worry, don't worry I'm fine, thanks for asking!" I immediately returned my attention to the eye-disoriented pegasus. "So, I guess I shouldn't question why you're...n-never mind..."

"No seriously those eyes are kinda weirding me out... but I'm somehow impressed...I could only make googly eyes for like 10 seconds, she beats my record."

"I bet I'd get scolded for asking, heh." I said mumbling to myself and shifting my eyes away from the pegasus.

Pinkie Pie rushed closer to my ear and started to whisper. "Alex, you shouldn't be rude to her!"

The blonde maned pegasus picked up the mail that kept falling out of the bag."Oh right, I forgot to tell you who I am, didn't I?" The pegasus swished her mane and fled in front of me. "It's Derpy Hooves!" She said with a smile.

"D-Der--" I was again interrupted by Pinkie's hoof. I lowered it and asked her why she kept doing that.

"Trust me, just don't say her name, she's very sensitive about it!" She whispered again.

"What, but she seems totally okay...with a name like that." I replied whispering and holding back a distinct laugh.

"Alex!" Pinkie gave a piercing glare I wouldn't have known she'd make.

"Okay okay, I'll take it serious, sorry Pinkie Pie." I said with a sorrowful expression. I coughed a little to break my inner laughter in front of Derpy and started to greet myself.

"*ahem* My name's Alex Mackenzie, nice to meet you Der-- I- I mean blonde maned pegasus!" I said, shifting my eyes away from Pinkie Pie.

"I think I really wanna know what happens if I said Derpy's name..."

"Nice to meet ya, Alex!" Derpy responded, pulling my hand and shaking it with both of her hooves.

"Heheh, by the way Derpy I--" I clasped both of my hands over my mouth, in addition to Pinkie's hooves, and Derpy flared her eyes in surprise.

"Um...I thought I told you what my name was?" She replied while putting her hooves on her side flying around me.

"Yeah, you just told me Derpy!" I said with a smile.

"Wrongo, it's Ditzy Doo!" Ditzy replied fratically.

"W-what...?" I said crossing my arms.

"But you just told me...um, never mind, sorry about getting the wrong name Ditzy Doo, no hard feelings?" I asked, offering a handshake.

"Haha, it's fine, but...it's Derpy." She said shaking my hand.

"-.-..." I smiled sarcastically.

"Well, I have to go deliver this mail and packages or the boss will be mad at me, cya later!" Derpy said, flying off into the sky waving, sadly she kept dropping her bag along the trail down the side almost knocking out everypony crossing beneath her.

Pinkie gave a heavy sigh and smiled at me for my efforts, then I turned to her then back to Derpy's direction. "She's ... um...very unique." I said looking at the clumsy pegasus.

"Like SOME pony I know."

Pinkie then trotted over towards the door to the bakery. "Aw, Mr. and Mrs. Cake closed the bakery at a time like this!?" Pinkie had burst into some very heartbroken tears.

"Mister and misses Cake, weren't those the two you mentioned about that cupcake disguise you got me?" I said asked. She nodded at this and started to wipe her tears from her eyes.

"Oh Pinkie...and here I kinda needed to ask you some--" before I could finish Pinkie popped right in front of my face with a very refreshing attitude.

"What is it that you need~♪" She asked with a hug smile.

"As I said before, NOTHING keeps this pony down...for long"

"Yea, I was coming to search for you to see if you had any...party problems?" I asked looking at her.

"Oh, oh, haha..." Pinkie gave a very distinct laugh then began to shift her eyes like I did off to the side murmuring to herself.

"H-Hey!" I said catching her attention.

"She can't steal that shifting eyes excuse... I can only do that."

"OH, haha, nothing's wrong... besides the fact all my friends didn't want to party with me..." She replied, slowly losing feeling in her explanation.

"Pinkie are you...mad?" I asked.

She said nothing and and swished her face in the opposite direction with gloomy eyes.

"Pinkie?" I said trying to get Pinkie to show her face to me, then the other ponies around the are starting to look at me, thinking I had made Pinkie cry on purpose. "Um, I'll just carry you to the park, y-yea, that'll do!" I said trying to help Pinkie up and into my arms.

"Just because I was carrying her in "princess style" this doesn't prove anything..."

*****

A few minutes later, Pinkie and I were at the park bench where we could see the fountain and with no ponies around whatsoever. Pinkie stared at the fountain while I had kept trying to get her attention. "Hellooooo, Pinkie, you there?" I asked tapping Pinkie's shoulder.

"Oh, sorry about that Alex, I was just thinking about this great party game!" She held her breath for a moment then continued to say...

"It'swhenyoutakeoneponyandanotherpony'stailandtellthemtohangontoeachother'stailuntiloneoftheponiesletgoandifoneoftheponiesdidletgothentheywouldhavetoplaypinthetailontheponyinanentrielynewnewwaysothateveryponycanjoininsothatintheendeveryponywouldwinnomatterwhatyoudoortryandintheendyouevengetfreecakeandicecreamandpieandthenyougettohaveallthe--" I put my hand over Pinkie's mouth before she could go on any longer.

"...somepony's been having too much sugar..."

"W-whoa, you sound like you're having some kind of sugar rush!" I said laughing. I removed my hand and she smiled happily.

"Hehe, you think so?" She asked, once again staring back at the fountain, now flocked with two birds bathing.

"Hey Pinkie..." I said sitting beside her.

"What is it Alex?~♪" She replied as happy as ever.

"You...can't fool me...you know that right?" I said with a somewhat faint smile.

"She transformed her glowing smile into a small frown. "Haha...I was really that obvious?" She asked making a sad face.

"Honestly, who couldn't have told from all that fake laughing...?"

"I can just tell, let's go with that, but what's the matter with you lately?" I asked trying to turn Pinkie's attention from the direction of the fountain.

She turned towards me and drooped her head down a little. "Well, everypony's been too busy and I really reeeeeally want to have another party with them and they just won't join me." She responded with her face still in a slump.

"Oh, well, you could always party with them some other time, right?" I asked trying to come back with a refreshing smile.

"It WOULDN'T be the same!" Pinkie shouted rushing towards me as we came face to face.

"W-whoa, sorry Pinkie, I was just trying to help...no need to get feisty." I said. "Well, I think there's no other ways for you to party with them, Pinkie..." I added, petting Pinkie on the head.

Pinkie began to shed tears from her eyes, then all of a sudden her mane poofed down, her tail too!

"Pinkie, what the..." I was a little freaked to see her like this. Her little of her color started to fade and her expression wasn't all that cheerful. "Pink--" She pushed my hand away by whipping her mane at it.

"Hey, ow, that kinda hurt Pinkie!" I said getting up and trying to cover my hands up because of the minor scar.

"Whatever, you shouldn't have touched me in the first place!" She replied with a serious expression on her face.

"Sheesh, what's gotten into you Pinkie, you're acting strange!" I said, glaring at her oddly.

"This isn't the same Pinkie I've known and respected... isn't it?"

"It's not my fault I'm not in a very "GOOD" mood to party, now is it!?" she shouted. spatting her tongue at me in the end. She headed towards the fountain and glared at her reflection in the water. "Those mean ole' ponies won't have a party with me... see what I care!" The indifferent pony finished.

"Um..." I tried to say something until Pinkie dunked her head into the fountain, then the two bird who were bathing flew away in shock.

"Whoa, what the heck!" I shouted as I ran to help fish out Pinkie. I raised her head out of the water, but only until a split second she bucked me into the fountain. "Ooooooh, it's GO TIME!" I said clenching my teeth.

I saw Pinkie walking away. "Leave me ALONE!" She demanded, kicking dirt with her hooves as a sign of "step off". I grabbed one of her hooves before she could completely escape my sight.

"Am I serious about to fight a pony like PINKIE!?"

"H-hey stop tha--!" Pinkie tried to fight back against my grasp on her, but was sent splashing into the fountain's water and she started to hitting me in the face until I had completely immobilized her.

"Grrrr, I don't...ugh...want to...urk... fight you, Pinkie!" I said still holding her down.

"Well you STARTED it!" protested Pinkie. She continued trying to get out of my grasp so wildly that it seemed to loosen my grip little by little.

"Look, just stop this stupid madness... and WE could have a party, ALRIGHT!?" I said holding her, still escape free.

"Just stop it, I--" Pinkie paused and her enraged face turned to a content one. "R-Really..?" She asked as she began to struggle less.

"Yes, and um...if we can't find any other ponies to party... we could just have one ourselves, you and me!" I said smiling.

I released Pinkie from my grasp and we both sat up in the fountain, both soaked and bruised my the temporary rough housing. She put on an ashamed facial expression with a smile. "You promise..?" She said in a small voice.

"Promise!" I replied.

"That would be..." her voice had began out deep,then "SO SUPER FANTASTIC!" She shouted as her mane had returned to it's poofy form and her entire body's grayness left without a trace.

Pinkie began splashing water every where and came hugging me forcefully and said something about a "Pinkie Promise", I thought to my self that it's something like her "Pinkie Senses", so I rolled with it and decided to have a water fight with her!

"Hey Alex!~♪" Pinkie called out.

"Hey Pinkie!" I called out as well, only to be splashed by water in the face.

"Seriously...one unique pony indeed!"

*****

"Alright Spike, even though Pinkie wanted us over to party, we have a lot of things that need organizing before I visit Celestia in Canterlot." Twilight said walking from the left side of the park's area. Spike was on board of Twilight with an extremely long list of words written on it.

"Don't worry Twilight, we'll get everything done before ya know it!" said the proud purple.

"I just hope Alex was able to help Pinkie with her problem, I'm kind of worried." Twilight said walking to the center of the park.

"I'm sure Alex had a plan to help Pinkie!" Spike said looking on the list.

"I sure hope you're right Spike, I'm beginning to--" Twilight stopped in her tracks as she encountered me and Pinkie in the fountain, wondering what we were doing.

"Um..." Twilight and Spike said in unison.

"Heya!" Pinkie and I replied in unison as well.

"I won't ask what's going on, but... what's going on?" Spike asked, putting his quill down.

"Well, I was uh...talking to Pinkie and we kind of both slipped into the fountain." I said trying to contain my sarcastic smile.

"Yup-a-roony~♪" Pinkie Pie added blissfully.

"Well I'm glad you two are having fun!" Twilight said, relieved.

"Hey Pinkie, we should go see if some ponies are ready to party right now!" I said getting out of the fountain's waters.

"Mhm!" She replied, still playing in the water.

*****

A while later, me and Pinkie had gathered dozens of ponies in Ponyville that were in the serious mood for a party, they seemed so full of energy thanks Celestia's party. It was just enough of a spark to keep everypony, including myself, raving for about until evening, it was a whole lot of fun!

The party was over in the square and everypony left to the houses and Pinkie went back to the bakery in Sugar Cube Corner.

"Knowing Pinkie... she's probably having and after after party by herself at the bakery."

I walked back to Twilight's library, only that my stomach began to feel funny, and no it's not ONLY because of my appetite for that apple pie, it felt like homesickness.

"Now that I notice...I've been thinking too much about the stuff I've missed back on Earth... wow, such little time has passed and I've already come to love this place that it kinda makes you feel like you don't wanna go back from where you've came from..." I walked towards the door to the library and stopped. "I really do miss my friends and family, but I can't let that change my mind, like I told myself...I have to let fate take my path for me." I said opening the door, just dying to fall asleep.

Once I opened the door, to my surprise I saw Flutter and Twilight talking.

"Huh, Fluttershy, what are you doing here so late?" I asked, still tired from partying.

"Oh, hi mister Alex, I was...just..." Twilight had finished Fluttershy's sentence for her.

"She came over to see you!" Twilight finished.

Fluttershy nodded and fled over to me.

"You came to...see...me?" I asked, a bit nervous of what was going on.

"Um...y-yes." Fluttershy replied, sharing the same nervousness as me.

Twilight looked at Fluttershy then at me, then back at Fluttershy . "Anyways...Alex, she came to ask if you wanted to stay at her cottage for a while--" Twilight said, then Fluttershy hastily added "O-Only if you want to... that is." She implied as imperative as she could.

"Um...well, who am I to deny that offer!" I replied laughing.

Fluttershy joyfully smiled with my response.

"Well then, I guess you can go stay with Fluttershy, hopefully Spike won't miss you too long." Twilight said using her horn to levitate a book from the shelf.

"Yea...we did enjoy looking at that copy of that unforgettable Scream-Os pic he had kept for a spare night after night." I said mumbling to myself.

"What was that?" Twilight asked casually.

"Oh, haha, about that apple pie Applejack promised?" I said with a smile.

"Oh Applejack said she'd deliver it to you in the morning over at Fluttershy's cottage,sorry Alex."

"Wow, I was kinda looking for to that pie...well it's, fine, knowing Fluttershy was here is kind of a treat still!" I said facepalming after noticing what I had said was still a flirting compliment.

"Oh Alex..." Fluttershy said with a beep blush.

Fluttershy and I left the library and set of for her cottage.

*****

Along the walk, it was getting a bit darker outside, and no ponies seemed to be out. I turned to Fluttershy and noticed her wings were trembling a little.

"Um...Flittershy?" I asked trying to get the attention of the frightened pony.

"Yes, mister Alex?" She replied with a content voice.

"It's okay to just walk, no need to fly, really, I wouldn't want you to knock into something flying around in the dark." I said putting my hands in my pockets. She agreed to do so and then we continued to head down the rest of the pathway.

"Um, mister Alex..." Fluttershy pondered.

"Hmm?" I replied.

"You...miss your family don't you..?" She asked.

"Is...Is she PSYCHIC!?"

"I-I know it's sudden and you're not an animal but...I just thought I should ask.

"Actually, yes, yes I kinda do miss my world, family and friends." I replied with a little sorrow in my talking.

"Oh..." Fluttershy responded with a little whine.

I know it was still very dark outside and I couldn't actually make out the face Fluttershy was making from my sad tone, but I couldn't just let her be like that.

"I hate to say it, but I do think Ponyville feels like my home at the moment, you know?" I said as I grabbed Fluttershy's hoof.

Thanks to the moonlight, I was finally able to see her face, Fluttershy had a small smile on her face. " I know exactly what you mean, mister Alex." She said, no clinging to my arm as we walked through the night back to her cottage.

*****