• Published 4th Apr 2013
  • 4,805 Views, 67 Comments

This Unusual Little World - PathOfTheAwesomePie



Get used to living in a world full of ponies and it turns out you'll be stuck here for a while!

  • ...
20
 67
 4,805

Chapter 12: Rarity's Big Dress Disaster

Continuing from the cutie mark talk, I learned a lot about every pony's unique special talents and abilities that come from within and that the only way they find their cutie marks are pinned by fate. I guess this whole thing is linked to destiny somehow, but I won't think too much into the matter and just roll with it. I decided to head over to Rarity's Boutique, Fluttershy did inform me she was planning something for me and Mia.

*****

And so I reached the boutique to check what Rarity was doing until I suddenly heard a loud shriek.

"Aaaaaaaaah!," Shouted the voice.

"W-what the...is that Rarity!?," I said, hesitantly opening the door and rushing inside.

I quickly reached Rarity's room. "Are you okay, Rare!?," I asked, then I looked for a solid moment to notice that she was looking at Mia with a very unusual dress on.

"Wow, do you really think it's oh, Alex!," Mia said, blushing a little as she hid behind the nearby couch to hide the dress from me.

"Um...," I said with a bedazzled look.

"Oh no...you saw me with the dress on, didn't you...," Mia stated nervously.

"Yea, and... YOU LOOKED AMAZING!," I replied with a thumbs up.

"I told you he would love it, darling.," Rarity said as she helped Mia from behind the couch.

"You really like it? T-The dress was m-made by Rarity for me to...," Mia stopped for the moment and had collapsed so unexpectedly.

"What...?," I said as I saw Mia pass out.

"Oh dear... is she always that nervous?," Rarity asked.

"Heck, you should've seen her at the school play in the 3rd grade, fell right off the stage on the first act...priceless!"

*****

After that awkward drama comedy scene was over, Mia had woken up and told me about needing information about our world's fashions. I didn't know why, but I decided to ask anyways.

"So you need to learn about our dimension's fashion because...?," I asked, glaring at Mia, who was still flustered.

"Well, Mia here has told me much about your world's fashion designs and they were SIMPLY marvelous I wanted to make some designs off of them for my friends here in Ponyville!," Rarity said clipping strings off fabrics one by one with her magic while threading them together.

"That sounds pretty neat, Rarity!," I commented, taking a look at the drafts on the boards stationed around the corners where there seemed to be pony-shaped mannequins with dresses on them.

"Rarity even said she could make more clothes for us while we're staying in Ponyville!," Mia said jumping up and cheering.

I looked as Mia, still dressed in the dress Rarity made for her. :Just...wow Mia, you seriously look great, wonder how Rarity did it...," I said mumbling.

After a while, Rarity had suggested a few options to see how she could make human clothes to fit me. "I can tell whether the clothes I make for pony is dazzling and full to fit, but I'm not so sure you...," She laughed a little before continuing. "Match Mia's size and shape.," She said, tipping her glasses with her hoof.

I glared at Rarity over that comment. "Say what now...?," I said with a deadpan look.

"She's saying she needs a way to measure you, silly!," Mia said laughing.

"Ooooh, well...how did you measure Mia?," I asked with a reassuring face.

"Well that's because we ," Mia stopped all of a sudden with a flustered face.

"Hmm?," I responded.

"T-Think of a physical exam Alex.," Mia said with a half cheerful smile.

"Huh, a physical exam...?," I wondered.

*****

{"Alright, now if I can just get your measurements.," The nurse said.

"Ah, of course!," replied the boy. He took off his shirt and pants to get a full accurate measure from the nurse.

"Hmm, seems you're great, you're a thin and healthy as a kitten!~," The nurse concluded with a bright smile.

The boy looked at her with a weird expression. "A...kitten, but...huh?," He said.}

*****

"W-Wait, you mean I have to get naked!?," I asked aloud, with an image of Mia undressing in my mind. She hit me instantly headbutted me in my head with hers. "O-Ow, why'd you do that?," I said, trying to calm the pain down.

"That's because you think too much!," She replied, covering her forehead with both of her hands.

"I was only thinking of...a...a...marshmallow.," I said, still continuing the pain of my forehead.


Mia laughed at my subject turn around, then we decided to watch Rarity stitch the rest of her dresses piece by piece of the jewels she kept in a nearby box. A few minutes later, Mia said she had forgotten something that she had to do with Twilight and zipped out of the room.

"Wow, Mia's so used to Equestria now...," I said, looking out of the window.

"Indeed, she's had a better first hand experience then you.," Rarity said, chuckling.

"Okay why does every pony keep saying that!," I ranted. I calmed myself down and heard Rarity gasped with a needle floating in mid-air by her magic.

"Rarity, is something the matter?," I asked. I peeked over Rarity's mane and spotted a fine design of diamonds on a white dress, but then I noticed that something was a bit off. "Oh uh... missing a diamond?," I said sharing the same displeased face as her.

"I don't think a fake jewel from my pants is gonna fix this one..."

"Well strangely enough I keep losing a few of my precious little jewels every so often lately.," Rarity said with small tears coming from her eyes.

"Maybe because you've been... I don't know, USING them too much!?," I implied.

Rarity pouted at me. "Well of course I use them for my work but...do you even KNOW how horriblemy dresses LOOK without MY DIAMONDS!?," She shouted with her face close to mines.

I felt a bit intimidated within the moment as Rarity had panted little by little, then a thought came across and hopefully it would lift up her spirits. "What if we went to go find a batch of diamonds for your dress!?," I suggested with a smile.

"Wait... what the hay am I saying, let's go find a batch of diamonds!? This is a town filled with ponies not a gold mine, I doubt diamonds aren't that easy to find, so she might bust into a fit..."

Then Rarity backed away from my face then begun to smile. "That's not a bad idea, Alex!," She said with glee as she used her magic to levitate the unfinished dresses to the corners of the room.

"Oh, sweet then.... wait, WHAT!?," I responded in shock. I looked at Rarity. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, you mean we're going to go look for actual DIAMONDS!?," I asked.

"Well of course, darling, my designs are incomplete without the right materials and that will NOT do, not do at all!," Rarity said with much confidence.

I looked at her readying to go as she left right in the front door with me trailing behind.

*****

Along the way to whatever destination she planned on taking us to, Rarity told me that she had the perfect place to gather diamonds, but also informed me of the vicious diamond dogs she and Spike had encountered on their outing together.

"Diamond dogs, huh? Sounds pretty awesome, wonder if their shiny and all..."

We had reached a clearing where a bunch of vacant trees, small placed around, and a bunch of holes everywhere.

"Holy world of Equestria...," I said ducking over a little to see how far one of the nearby holes went, I gulped. "You ponies don't have...giant...bugs in this world, right?," I asked with a shaken voice.

"Oh no, no, no, no... my dear Alex, if we had giant grotesque things flying around, I wouldn't DARE take residence in Ponyville!," Rarity replied instantly with a slightly disgusted face.

"Well, that's one thing we have in common..."

We started looking around for a few rubies that fits Rarity's requirements for her unfinished dress, sooner or later Rarity called for me mid-search for something important. "Alex, have you found any perfect rubies for my dress to be done?," She asked with a very concerned voice.

"No, I didn't see any ," I paused after I just noticed that she was sitting in a fancy looking couch while levitating a mirror and brush. "Rarity!," I said, catching her attention off curling her hair.

"Even though her mane's curly already, w-where the heck did that couch come from anyways!?"

"Waaah!," She shrieked, jumping on her couch a bit. "Alex, what was the meaning of that ghastly shouting of yours...,"

I stared at her with a very fierce look. She began to lift her hoof up with a tad bit of fear and I decided to calm her down. After a while, Rarity had gotten over the "drama queen" routine and decided to actually help me look for rubies.

I stretched a little while I was digging. "Wow, finding rubies ain't easy, there's no way we'll ,"

"Found some!," Rarity said.

I gave a shocked look. "WHAT!? But... you just started like a minute ago!?," I said, running towards Rarity, seeing her levitating a few sparking jewels.

She smiled and giggled at my comment. "Oh Alex, there's just a few things you have yet to know about us ponies.," She stated. "And besides, how lucky it was for me to find some engraved on a few rocks!," She said with excitement.

"Why's that lucky?," I asked.

"Because I didn't have to dirty my beautiful hooves doing this type of work just isn't my style you know?," Rarity replied to me with a very staggering look.

"Oh... I could tell...," I said under my breath.

"Excuse me?," She asked.

"Uh..n-nothing, anyways... since you had that much luck finding those gemstones, why would you need me?," I asked.

"Well, I had to find someone who was willing to dig on just such an occasion~," Rarity said fluttering her eyes at me.

I looked at Rarity with a blushed face and went back to looking for more rubies and diamonds. More minutes passed and me and Rarity had plenty of gems that could be used to finish the decorations on her dress and future fashion dilemmas.

"Wow, that felt like it took hours to do!," I said, falling on the soft, sandy ground.

"Agreed, Alex, I'm exhaaaaaaaausted!," Rarity added in using her magic to pull the couch and a glass of lemonade to herself.

"What are you talking about... I did all the real digging here...-.-"

I looked up at Rarity for a second and though of asking a question I had on my mind. "Hey Rarity, who is that dress for anyways I-I mean I saw the one on Mia and she looked beautiful.," I said nervously.

Rarity made a very worrisome face at me and levitated the lemonade she was drinking down to me.

"What are you...," I was silenced by Rarity's hoof and she smiled.

"You and Mia are trapped in Equestria, no?," She asked. "So you should have as much fun as you can!," She said as she waved her glass of lemonade at me, I picked it up and looked inside.

"You know...that sounds like something Pinkie Pie would say.," I said, drinking the lemonade.

"Oh, haha...you're right Alex.," Rarity replied.

An awkward silence was casted for a moment until we both realized what just happened. "Wait d-did I just drink from your lemonade..?," I asked embarrassed.

"I was caught in the moment!," Rarity said, trying to keep her composure on the couch.

"We...should get back to that dress of yours, haha.," I said, removing the small lemonade mustache I had on my lips.

*****

Rarity and I made out way back to Carousel Boutique, then she jumped in front of me without a single noticed of her actions from me.

"What are you doing this time, Rarity?," I asked her.

"Well you did ask me who the dress was for, did you not?," She sad modestly.

"Oh, yea I did!," I replied.

"It's for one of my pony friends from Canterlot, she just absolutely adores my style and was considering I'd surprise her with a small gift of appreciation!," Rarity said with a smile.

"Haha, sounds like a well-respected admirer if you ask me!," I said in response.

"Actually, Alex, I do have something to ask of you from her.," Rarity said turning towards me.

I blinked once in surprise. "Huh, what would that be?," I asked.

"She is EAGER to meet a human, such as yourself, and wanted you to come to Canterlot for a visit!," She said, pointing her hoof at me.

"Well, I do really want to find out how that Canterlot place looks like...," I repeatedly tapped my foot on the ground thinking of my answer. "Sure, I wouldn't mind it at all!," I replied smiling.

"Fabulous, I'll make the arrangements as soon as I'm done with her dazzling dress!," Rarity said hurrying inside her boutique.

I watched as she trotted inside. "A gorgeous marshmallow...what the heck was I thinking when I said that.," I said sighing and face-palming myself.

*****

I helped Rarity finish the rest of the dress. It was pretty fun to be totally honest though I did almost stitch half of the unfinished dress onto my shirt, I did get a constant scolding from Rarity, who seemed to enjoy picking on me. Night had finally came and I felt so worn out from today, I decided it was time to leave.

"Okay, take cares, Rarity!," I said as I made my way out.

As I walked along the path to get Fluttershy's cottage, I noticed an unusual array of dark clouds that shone in the moonlit sky.

"They say that the weather here is controlled by pegasi, right?," I said to myself.

The moment I got towards the brooks of the cottage's front yard I saw a few mysterious silhouettes in the sky, there were three of them.

"Wow, I think I'm seeing things.," I said, shaking my head.

I knocked on the door, and Fluttershy invited me in, along with a hug. She flew back over to Angel who continued to thump his feet, waiting for his food. He glared at me with competitive eyes, and I gave the same look back.

"Grrr...oh you win this time...I'm pooped...," I said, falling into my bed as the victorious bunny ate his food happily.

"Mister Alex, are you okay?," Fluttershy asked.

"Yup, just exhausted from Rarity...," I said, laying wearily on my bed.

"Oh, poor mister Alex...," Fluttershy said. she started to sing a lullaby to help me sleep, then Angel crossed his arms in anger.

"Heh, even if I'm not trying, Fluttershy still accepts me more, you brute bunny!,"

Fluttershy's lullaby starting to affect me as I drifted off to sleep more and more. "I wonder what Canterlot is like...if it's anything like Ponyville, I might like it...," I yawned and fell into a deep slumber.