• Published 4th Apr 2013
  • 4,805 Views, 67 Comments

This Unusual Little World - PathOfTheAwesomePie



Get used to living in a world full of ponies and it turns out you'll be stuck here for a while!

  • ...
20
 67
 4,805

Chapter 1: A Life Changing Day to Remember

~My life wasn't as great as other people's lives; but, it was decent; and it was mine. I had a home, I had friends, and I had a family, but all of that wasn't so fun. "Why is my life so dull?" I thought to myself, only to realize that I needed some excitement in my life. I just wanted something unexpected to happen, that could change the way I view my life.~

It was a normal, yet boring Saturday morning for me, walking to the store to gather supplies for my mother while she was at work.

"Alex, hey Alex!" I heard someone calling me from a distance.

"Hey, why are you in such a hurry?" Mia said as she forcefully clung to my arm.

"Well, you see me with groceries,don't you?" I replied.

"So you're doing something useful for a change?" She asked laughing.

"Sheesh Mia, you're so cruel sometimes, you know that." I said sighing.

After I escaped Mia, I rushed home and put all the groceries in their respective cabinets and turned on the television. I picked up the remote and started to flip through channels repeatedly.

"Man, I should get these chores done before mom and the others arrive for the party." I said as I rose from the couch.

I got the garbage and dumped it all into the outside bin and walked back to my front door. As I was walking back inside, I spotted a strange looking figure out on the street. It looked as if it was some kind of toy stranded by a little kid.

"Hasn't anyone's parents told their children to not litter or stuff..." I said sighing, going to go pick up the tattered doll.

I observed it carefully. "Well it doesn't look like anything I would need but..." I look at it even more. "What the...is this what I think it is?" I said in confusion.

All of a sudden I heard a sound roaring towards me with me still admiring the old looking toy, it sounded like a car. It took me a minute to realize the sound until suddenly...

"W-What's that noi--!?" all I could hear was a faint crashing sound.

*****

"Ouch...my head... that really hurt..." I said deep in my mind. "W-What happened, all I remember was hearing the sound of a car and...then... am I DEAD!?" I thought to myself as I felt sweat coming from my face with my eyes closed.

After a couple of minutes I heard a few unfamiliar voices, couldn't quite make them out very well.

"What do you supposed happened to it?" One of the voices said.

"I'm not sure,Spike, but what ever happened seemed like it caused it a lot of damage." said the other voice.

"What...who...who's talking about me...and I'm not an "it"!"

I waited for about a few minutes until I could hear one of the voices now, I had thought that now was my chance to wake up since I regained my energy back.

"Going...up!" I said as I leaped myself off the comfy surface.

"Huh!" popped the mysterious voice again.

"Seriously, who is it that keeps talk--" I paused for a moment to find an odd figure...no, an odd mythical creature standing before me.

"Ah, you've seem to have gain back consciousness!" said the mysterious creature. After she said that I was oddly observing her, trying to see if I was hallucinating or not. (even though I was already confused to begin with.)

"Okay, what are you doing?" said the mysterious creature.

"It's just...it's just that...nah, I'm just dreaming." I said slightly taking in the surrounding I was in.

"It's just what?" She continued asking.

"Well, let me say it like this...YOU-ARE-A-TALKING-UNICORN!!!" I shouted.

"Oh, so you know about our species already, how fascinating!" the purple unicorn tapped her front hooves together as if she was clapping for joy.

"Holy cow..." I said slowly.

"Um, excuse me, but I'm not exactly a cow..." responded the purple unicorn.

I sat down on the floor trying to piece everything together, though it made no sense to me. I looked around the room noticing a whole shelf of books from left to right.

"What is this place anyways?" I said looking around in awe.

"Well You're currently residing in my library in Equestria!" replied the ecstatic purple unicorn.

"Equestria... is that some sort of place?" I asked, still confused.

"Well yes, and I'm guessing you're not from this world aren't you?" the purple unicorn asked.

"Does a pig fly?" I said in a trivial voice.

"Uh I don't think so, wait... DO they fly where you come from!?" said purple unicorn.

She began smiling and kept asking questions on if I knew about flying pigs. "Good grief, what happened after I blacked out?" I said sighing.

"Oh, well me and Spike were out getting my checklist done until we came across you lying on the ground just pass Everfree Forest..."

"Everfree Forest, what's that?" I asked.

"It's a forest close to one of my best friends home, she's very gentle in nature... and to nature as well." The purple unicorn replied.

"Ah, well...since we haven't met each other before why don't I introduce myself?" The purple unicorn bowed her head slightly with her hooves planted firmly on the floor. "My name in Twilight Sparkle, pleased to make your acquaintance!" Twilight said in a very elegant manner.

"Wow, so you um....have a name, too..."I mumbled to myself, she looked at me with suspicion.

"Um... nothing, n-nothing, never mind..." I stated. I picked up myself and pulled out my hand towards Twilight. "Well, I'm Alex, Alex Mackenzie!" I said offering a handshake.

"Hmm..." Twilight said glancing at my hand.

"Is everything okay..?" I asked her.

"It's just that...um, I don't know if contact with you is completely..." She stopped mid sentence crossing one front hoof over the other.

"Completely what?" I said still holding my hand out.

"Safe." she finished.

"Oh...oh r-right, haha!" I pulled my hand away from Twilight.

"Anyways, I have some last minute checking to do before I go to pick up Spike!" She said as she enchanted a few of the books around the library towards her.

"W-Whoa, what the heck did you just do!?" I said in astonishment.

"Hmm, what do you mean, Alex?" Twilight said looking at me with a puzzling glare.

"It's just...are you making those books float!?" I asked.

"Why yes, we unicorns have the abilities to cast wondrous spells and can use them to help anypony anyway we can!" She explained pridefully.

"So you can use MAGIC too, that is so AWESO wait...did you just say anypony?" I asked.

"Indeed I did!" she happily replied.

"Don't you mean anybody?" I stated.

"Well of course, Alex, anybody here is any and everypony!" Twilight replied with a smile.

"E-everypony..." I started to think this through. "Wait a second!" I shouted in a loud voice.

"What's wrong, Alex?" Twilight asked.

"There are MORE like you!?" I asked hesitantly.

"Well yes, this is Ponyville after all." She replied.

"W-What..." I said in a solemn tone.

After our conversation was over, I had asked Twilight to learn more about where I was; Unfortunately she randomly kept asking the same annoying question "Do pigs fly where you come from!?" and I would always reply "For the last time, pigs don't have wings, women...erm...pony!" well at least that was what I was thinking in my head whenever she had asked.

She told me I came to Equestria a little while back, she also inferred that I was passed out for about 2 days before I awoke, I told her that all i remember doing was looking at an odd stuffed toy then got hit by a car. (Had to minus the "hit by car" part because she's probably soft-hearted.)

"Wow, you've really had quite the trip, Alex, so you were knocked unconscious by a fever!?" Twilight had asked holding one hoof up to her mouth.

"Um..y-yea,yea, that's it, I had a fever!" I had reacted with quite a bit of sweat.

"Hmm, well you're fine now, aren't you?" Twilight asked, holding one of her hooves to my head.

"Hey, I thought you said it's dangerous to touch me..." I said confused.

"Oh, right, I guess my theory was incorrect!" She replied in laughter.

"We should be getting to Spike, Rarity is probably holding off the little guy for me while I'm coming." Twilight said heading towards the door.

"Um,who are those,anyways?" I asked.

"Friends of course, let's go!" Twilight said with excitement, then we both left the treehouse library.

*****

Author's Note:

I decided to start with Alex having a FRESH new start to learn about Equestria, and besides, it builds the entire story up to reach to the really good parts! ( In my personal case,that is! >w<)