• Published 3rd Dec 2011
  • 37,431 Views, 2,324 Comments

How Did I Get Here? - k12314

  • ...
204
 2,324
 37,431

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 2: I must be dreaming. Or have I gone mad?

CHAPTER 2

I was staring at a row of... Horse-like creatures. But they were too small to be horses... Ponies, maybe?


"Um..."


As soon as I even made a sound, the pink "Pony," jumped at me and started poking me in the face.


"Woah! What are you? You look strangy-wangy-mangy mister!" She shouted as she poked me.


"Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. THAT HURTS YA KNOW!" This was getting VERY strange...


She jumped off of me and was bouncing up and down on her hooves. "Sorry Mr. Thingy!" Oh Lord have mercy.


"I am not a 'Thingy,' I am a human!"


She looked at me with a confused face. These things were apparently unaware of what humans even were. Of course, I was unaware of what they are as well. I kept thinking Ponies, but one of them was hopping up and down and was completely PINK.


She stepped back into the row of creatures, and they all looked at her, with sheepish smiles on their faces. The purple one looked slightly angry.


"Pinkie Pie, I don't think you should treat an alien being like that. He could be dangerous."


"Okie-Dokie-Lokie!" Wait, what?


I was getting a tad bit annoyed. "Ok, someone better start explaining where I am, and what the heck you... Things... Are!"


The purple one spoke up again. "Calm down. You are in Ponyville. And, as the name would suggest, we are ponies."


I slapped my forehead. Oh my gosh... Talking ponies with their own town... Good thing I have amazing skills at keeping my composure under stress.


"Ok... But there has to be more than just this town..." I said, the dumbfoundedness showing in my voice.


"Oh of course." The smart purple pony said in a matter-of-fact tone. "We are in the kingdom of Equestria, ruled by Princess Celestia, who raises the sun every morning, and Princess Luna, who raises the moon."


I felt my jaw drop. These pony princesses controlled the sun and the moon?!?!


"Ok... I guess I can believe that..." I was lying to the ponies and myself.


"Well, now that the lesson is over, who, and what, are you?" The pony asked.


"Oh... My name is Kyle, and as I said, I am a human. I walk on two legs, and I have opposable thumbs."


"Well, nice to meet you, Kyle. My name is Twilight Sparkle."


"And who are the rest of these... Ponies?"


Twilight pointed to the pony on the far left. A shy looking pony, with wings. I was assuming they were called Pegasi, as long as my Greek mythology is correct.


"This is Fluttershy, she takes care of animals in need. She is the one who took care of that nasty cut on your head."


Nasty cut? I felt my head, and I immediately noticed the bandage wrapped around it. Wow, how did I miss that?


"Ummm... That cut on your head with pretty bad... I hope I didn't do anything wrong..."


I was speechless. I just shook my head no. She smiled.


Twilight pointed to the next pony, a white one with a purple mane... And a horn. On closer inspection, Twilight had one as well.


"This is Rarity, she is the local tailor."


"it is WONDERFUL to meet you darling," she said in a very snobby tone. Oh joy. "I hope Dashie didn't hurt you too badly. You look positively HORRID!" Gee, thanks.


Twilight cleared her throat, and Rarity backed off. Twilight pointed to the next pony. An orange one, with a brown desperado cowboy hat. She had a long blonde mane, and matching tail.

"This is Applejack. She works at Sweet Apple Acres, where all of Ponyville's apples are harvested. Her family has owned that land for years, as she tells me."


"Howdy," she said in a very southern accent. I remembered my grandparents. "Its nice t' meetcha!" She grabbed my hand and shook furiously.


"I-i-i-it-t-t-ts N-i-i-i-i-ice to me-e-e-e-et you t-o-o-o-o-o!" She was shaking my hand so hard my voice was vibrating. Sheesh...


"Ummm... Applejack? I think you're hurting him..." Thank you, Twilight.


She stopped shaking, and grinned sheepishly. "Erm... Sorry 'bout that."


Twilight pointed to the pink pony that nearly poked me to death a minute ago. "This is Pinkie Pie. I believe you two have already met..."


Pinkie said nothing, but grinned wildly.


Twilight then pointed to the final pony. The blue pegasus who saved my life, and then immediately almost ended it.


"This is Rainbow Dash. She is the reason you woke up on this couch, and the reason there is a human-shaped crater in the side of Applejack's farm."


Rainbow Dash looked at me, seemingly angry. "Well, all of my friends seem to trust you, but I don't. You fell out of the sky, and you are a weird... Thing. Watch yourself around me, bub." With that last word, she jabbed me in the chest with her hoof. Oh boy, here for only about an hour or so, and I am already hated by someone.


"Well, y'all pro'lly need a place t' stay," Said Applejack. "How 'bout that barn y' slammed inta?" I grinned, and nodded. At least these ponies are hospitable. I was already beginning to like it here.

PreviousChapters Next