• Published 22nd Oct 2015
  • 15,808 Views, 2,047 Comments

Home is for the Weak - Pickleless



The princess of the sun and a gimp orphan sit in a cardboard box.

  • ...
48
 2,047
 15,808

PreviousChapters Next
Tiny Tall Island

Author's Note:

This chapter takes place 31 years after the main story.

Jolly Roger and Nopony sat inside a cardboard box.

They were on an little island raised high off the ground only big enough to have two adult sized ponies. Outside of their strangely sturdy box, a horrible hurricane was flooding the area with water. Jolly was almost sure there was a tornado somewhere behind them.

"Jolly my colt, let Uncle Nopony tell you a story. A while back ago a young stallion named-"

Jolly thought back to the fight earlier today. He was having a nice time with his Uncle fishing when two sirens got in the mood to shipwreck them. Jolly was pretty certain there were suppose to be three of them, and they were banished, but he wasn't about to let these two trot all over him.

"-He busted into the room and yelled, 'Which pony do I have to make out with to get a job around here?' and the mare inside replied, 'I would be that pony.' He popped his collar and started trotting up to her." Nopony smiled. "She then locked him a room and forced him to read books all day. The Stallion hated it, before coming to peace with it and gaining a strange learning fetish-"

Of course, Jolly had to flirt with the cute one, and then the cute one flirted back. So after a while it became his Uncle trying to kill the scary one while he was rubbing up against a purring cute fish thing. That's when he decided to knock her unconscious.

"-Beat it unconscious with a flower pot he made himself. She gave him access and permission to take any book, and he became a homeless scholar. Unfortunately, his thirst for knowledge led him to learn about every single type of herb and medicine, which then later led to an addiction to fizzlepop seeds, but that's not really all that important-"

Sirens are supposed to charm you with their magic. Jolly didn't know any idiots who fell for that, that Siren wasn't going to charm him, he was going to charm her, and he did. Turns out Siren scales are a lot tougher than they look, and she got really pissed.

"-And that's the story of how Starswirl met Celestia. Look, I was a bit too busy to watch you fight Jolly, but what I'm getting at is sometimes flirting with dangerous strangers leads to powerful magic and drugs and fun, but sometimes it can also lead to getting shipwrecked and all your crap stolen. So uh, next time, maybe don't hit on a siren trying to..."

"I understand." Jolly slightly nodded.

He decided to keep the saucier details of that fight to himself.

"Great," Nopony laid a hoof on Jolly's shoulder, "glad we had this talk."

The two watched the sea rage on.

Jolly frowned. "How do you think my Mom will react when they find us?"

"Scoots? After hearing you tried to flirt with a siren? She'll either laugh, or be proud."

PreviousChapters Next