• Published 22nd Oct 2015
  • 15,808 Views, 2,047 Comments

Home is for the Weak - Pickleless



The princess of the sun and a gimp orphan sit in a cardboard box.

  • ...
48
 2,047
 15,808

PreviousChapters Next
Gentle Glow

Author's Note:

This chapter takes place after Scootaloo gets a home.

Scootaloo stared at the empty paper roll, and then at the broken handle on the toilet.

"Okay, don't panic." Scootaloo's eye twitched. "I'll just grab another roll."

Scootaloo looked around and remembered she was in a public restroom, that happened to be inside the Wonderbolts stadium. She was missing a show that Rainbow was performing in. Scootaloo double facehoofed... right into her dirty hooves.

Sounds of horrible indigestion came from another stall in the bathroom.

"This has to be a nightmare." Scootaloo whimpered.

"Indeed!" Luna yelled from the next stall over.

"Oh." Scootaloo blinked.

Scootaloo heard Luna flush the toilet and open her stall.

"Did you just use the restroom in my dream?"

"We had to relieve ourselves." Luna started washing her hooves.

"Aren't we both asleep, or are you actually in my head?" Scootaloo scrunched her face in confusion. "Did you actually just poop in my head? Is that gonna stay there? Am I gonna be okay?"

Scootaloo flinched as her location abruptly changed from a bathroom stall to a seat in the stadium. She was next to Rainbow, Nopony, and Spitfire, while watching Rainbow, Nopony, Spitfire, and herself performing tricks in the air.

"...So uh," Scootaloo looked around, "Luna's gone because everything's okay now, right?"

Scootaloo watched her other self do a corkscrew and tried flapping her own wings, they didn't work.

Her eye twitched.


Much to Luna's surprise, Celestia left her dreams unguarded, unlike when she sleeps at the castle. Luna grinned mischievously as she jumped into Celestia's dream.

She found herself on the side of a canterlot street. All the buildings looked as if they finished burning down, covered in dim embers. The streets had low flickering flames all over, not burning the stone walkway or anything on it. Individual pockets of flames stayed contained, looking to burn for eternity. A small white filly with a pink mane was on the sidewalk next to Luna. The filly stopped playing with the embers, and looked up at Luna with a smile.

"Sleep now, in fire."

Flames consumed Luna, digging into her very core and sucking all the warmth out of her body, making her mind go numb.


"Look, all I'm saying is if you want to experience working night shift at a place where giant animals are trying to kill you, just go work at an aquarium." Nopony yawned. "Giant Octopus look out for cameras, sneak out of their tanks at night to eat the other animals, and have a very strong grip."

Scootaloo rolled her eyes. "Octopodes aren't that aggressive, they would avoid security instead of attack them."

Nopony made an evil grin as he glanced at Scootaloo. "Imagine flashing your light at the corner of a hallway, and a giant octopus lunges at you because it was startled-"

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR MIND?!" Luna teleported into the room.

"Did you poop in my head?!" Scootaloo pointed at Luna.

"Did you poop in Scootaloo's head?!" Nopony mimicked Scootaloo.

"You killed me while I was visiting your dream!" Luna pointed a hoof at Nopony.

"Wait, you killed Luna while she was in your dream?" Scootaloo continued.

"Wait, you got killed in my head?" Nopony grinned.

"Did I get killed in yo- YOU FROZE ME TO DEATH!"

"Hey Luna." Nopony yawned.

"What?!"

"Luna."

"What?"

"Luna."

"..."

"Was it cold?"

"Yes Sister," Luna growled through gritted teeth, "it was cold."

"Extremely cold then?"

"Yes."

"Had a hard time breathing there?"

"Not sure how that is releva-"

"Welcome back from the moon little Sis."

Luna's eye twitched as Scootaloo broke out into laughter.

PreviousChapters Next