• Published 22nd Oct 2015
  • 15,803 Views, 2,047 Comments

Home is for the Weak - Pickleless



The princess of the sun and a gimp orphan sit in a cardboard box.

  • ...
48
 2,047
 15,803

PreviousChapters Next
Like two Babies put next to each other on a Sofa.

"Hey Nopony?"

"Yeah kid?"

"Celestia or Luna?"

"Cadence."

"Cadence, why?"

"She never gives up, no matter how demoralized she becomes. Something Celestia, Luna, and Twilight all have done before."

"Wow, yeah! She was pretty brave at her wedding huh?"

"Yeah Scoots, things would've been a lot scarier if she wasn't there.

...

"Nopony?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you ever wish you could use magic?"

"Magic's overrated."

"Really?"

"There are a lot of creative and clever things Pegasus and Earth Ponies have made to make up for the lack of it. Also, there's a real good feeling of accomplishment in doing something hard on your own. When you have all the magic in the world, life just becomes dull."

"How would you know that? You don't have magic."

"...I had a friend who told me that once. Take it as you will, kid."

...

"Hey-"

"Yes Scootaloo?"

"W- well... I was wondering where you came from."

"Where I live? Here."

"Oh come on! Where did you come from? Where were you born?"

"I came from Canterlot."

"And?"

"...I was born in the Everfree Forest."

"Really? Wow, I can't imagine that!"

"Yeah, it was a lot nicer back when I was born."

...

"Hey Nopony."

Sigh

"Nopony?"

"Yeah, what is it?"

"Last question, I promise."

"Alright."

"How did you get your cutie mark?"

...

"Nopony?"

"Things were really dangerous where I came from."

"I know, the Everfree is super dangerous! But I also think it's kinda fun to explore sometimes..."

...

"I'm sorry, could you finish your story please?"

"There was a really, really bad stallion that hated everypony so much, he wanted to make everything disappear. He hurt a lot of really powerful ponies who kept other ponies like me safe. I grew up without parents or an education really, so I didn't have much self confidence. When I saw all those ponies get hurt, I didn't know what to do."

"What did you do?!?"

"I sat in a corner and cried. At least, until I saw my sister get up and try to fight."

"Oh yeah, her! She's your best friend right?"

"She was, and still is. Back then, she was only a little filly at a time. Standing between an old, long bearded wizard and a stallion who had gone mad with dark magic... When I saw her do that, something just broke inside me."

...

"Did Twilight ever tell you how she got her cutie mark?"

"Yeah! She was taking an exam to get into that fancy schamny unicorn school the princess made. When she couldn't hatch the egg, she totally freaked out."

"She didn't just freak out, she had a magical surge. Luckily, all her magic was directed towards hatching and growing a baby dragon. When I saw my sister in danger, I also had a surge, but..."

"What happened?"

"Imagine Scootaloo, you were full of immense power, and you directed all that power towards making a pony go away by any means necessary. I don't remember the details to be honest, but there was a lot of screaming."

...

"The next thing I remember... The bad pony was gone, my sister was crying in my arms, and I had a cutie mark. The crazy stallion broke out, again, and I had to seal him away, again, but that's a story for another time."

"Wow... what did your cutie mark mean?"

"Well, I didn't really know at the moment, I thought it just meant I had a special connection with light based magic, and I was right. It also meant though that I loved watching over and protecting others."

"Wooooow... that's so cool! You're like a guard pony!"

"Well, not exactly. Besides, with the Princess of Friendship around, it's not like ponies really need me to protect them anyway..."

"I wish I could have a cutie mark like yours."

"Careful what you wish for kid."

PreviousChapters Next