• Published 22nd Oct 2015
  • 15,803 Views, 2,047 Comments

Home is for the Weak - Pickleless



The princess of the sun and a gimp orphan sit in a cardboard box.

  • ...
48
 2,047
 15,803

PreviousChapters Next
It may be for the Weak, but you should really have one.

Scootaloo shivered. Ponyville's winter was colder than it was last year and she didn't have No-

...She didn't have a blanket to keep her warm. She could tough it out though. She was cool, she's laid back, she could shrug it off like it was no big deal. Stuff like this didn't get to her. She was just like No-

Rainbow Dash, she was just like Rainbow.

"Stupid idiot could have waited till spring..." Scootaloo grumbled.

A bright flash made Scootaloo cover her eyes. Shaking her head, Scootaloo looked around and saw... a note and a key.

1337 Cat Horsie Lane

That sounds like a place all the cool little orange chickens would hang out at.

-Nopony Special.

Frowning, Scootaloo got up and started making her way uptown. She knew the lane since it was close by to where Sweetiebelle lived, but she never been to that street before.

Before her stood a small and modest, but somewhat high class house. Upon knocking nopony answered. Scootaloo glanced at her note one more time, and tried unlocking the front door with the key.

It worked.

Inside was a well furnished house, one that would incline that somepony lived here, yet nopony was in sight.

Nopony wasn't in sight either.

"Hello? Anypony home?" Scootaloo called out.

With nopony answering, Scootaloo decided to wander in. The living room had a lit fireplace with a tray of cookies and milk put on a table. Next to that was another note.

Hey loser, guess who has enough money laying around that I can just buy a house whenever I feel like it?

Go into the hallway on your left and check the room on your right.

-That disappointing princess who has a sun on her butt.

"The hay is she up to?.." Scootaloo scowled as she did what the note said.

The room before her had a name plate, with the letters on it colored bright orange.

SCOOTALOO

"No way..." She whispered.

Opening the door, she found a room any self respecting 12 year old filly would love. The bed in the right back hand corner had a wonderbolt themed blanket and pillows. In the other corner was a tool kit for fixing up scooters. To the left of Scootaloo was a TV and a few of the more recent gaming systems. On her right was a vanity that she was certain she'd never make use of. The walls were painted baby blue with little clouds scattered about.

It was coolest room she'd ever seen.

It was her room.

Scootaloo started to cry.

"Hey kiddo." A voice called out from behind her.

"Nopony?.." She sniffed.

Behind her stood Nopony, but instead of his unkempt usual self, he looked as if he just visited a spa. Scootaloo had just hit puberty, but even she could tell Nopony was a very handsome stallion.

That's not very surprising considering who he really was.

"The fridge will magically get restocked every time you empty it." Nopony looked around the room with casual disinterest. "And by that, I mean somepony or I will sneak in and refill it without you noticing. If you ever need me, the door to the master bedroom leads to my closet door back at the castle. Please don't prank me during court hours. So what do you think of the room?"

"THANK YOU!" Scootaloo tackled him with a hug. "Thank you thank you thank you..."

Nopony smiled. "I told ya we'd meet again, remember?"

"You're a jerk for leaving me like that!" Scootaloo cried.

"Yeah yeah, I know," Nopony hugged her back.

Nopony waited quietly as Scootaloo cried into his stomach.

"Why?" Scootaloo looked up at him.

"Why? Well..." Nopony scratched his chin. "One time there were these two homeless fillies. The younger one stood between Sombra and Starswirl the Bearded when the older one was too scared to move. When all was said and done, the only thing the older one could think of was how proud of her little sister she was. Right then, she realized:

"No matter who I become, I will never lose the passion I have in my heart when I watch my little ponies grow. I don't know who I want to be, but I know that I want to spend the rest of my life helping others be the best ponies they can be."

~The End~

Author's Note:

This was just gonna be a short little story that I would spread out over the week. Now I'm considering tossing a chapter in whenever one comes to mind. Regardless, this was fun. I really love character central stories and minimalism. So trying to get the most bang for my buck out of two goofy idiots sitting in a cardboard box was both challenging and rewarding.

The idea of Celestia taking the form of a simple pony and screwing with the cast can go so many more places. I might make an indirect sequel using Nopony in some way.

PreviousChapters Next