• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 2,143 Views, 312 Comments

Rhythm and Harmony: The Octascratch Prompt Collab - lyra_lover777



Various short stories by various authors between 100 and 1500 words obtaining to the love of Octavia and Vinyl Scratch.

  • ...
7
 312
 2,143

PreviousChapters
93 Sniffles by TaviPlaysTheBass

Sniffles by TaviPlaysTheBass

Octavia sneezed, and shook violently underneath her blanket.

“You okay in there, Octy?” A voice called in from the kitchen.

“Yes, I’m fine Vinyl.” Octavia said, sniffling loudly.

“Alright, your soup is almost ready.” Vinyl called enthusiastically.

“Thanks.” Octavia curled into a ball beneath her blankets, trying to escape her throbbing headache.

She was absolutely miserable. The grey mare hadn’t been sick in almost five years, and the sudden onset of her cold had come as a shock. Congested noses, sore throats, pounding headaches, aching bodies, these were all completely alien concepts to Octavia Melody, and she didn’t like them one bit.

Bedridden for three days so far, it had been up to her marefriend to keep her comfortable and healthy. Vinyl had been running herself ragged trying to keep her in good care, reading her bedtime stories, cooking soup every night, and forcing disgusting cough medicines down her throat.

Octavia smiled thinking about it. She was lucky to have such a loving caretaker, somepony who was willing to give their all to make sure she stayed healthy.

Vinyl walked into the room, levitating a bowl of soup on a tray behind her.

“Here you are, Octy.” She said, lowering the tray to rest beside Octavia on her bed.

The delicious aroma was overpowering, and Octavia dug in, unable to hold herself back.

Like all of Vinyl’s soups, it was marvelous. Warm and flavorful, Octavia could feel herself getting better as the hot liquid heated her extremities.

Her marefriend had proven a much better cook than Octavia could have ever anticipated, displaying a level of proficiency in the kitchen that most ponies would be surprised to see in the energetic, carefree DJ.

It was a side of Vinyl that Octavia had never seen before, but one that she appreciated deeply in her time of need.

In no time, Octavia was nursing an empty bowl, and she found that her headache had receded, replaced by a warm sensation throughout her entire body.

“Thank you Vinyl, that was divine.” She said, handing her bowl back to the DJ, who floated it back to the kitchen.

“Anytime, Tavi,” Vinyl said, mussing Octavia’s mane with a hoof. “You know I’ve always got your back.”

Octavia smiled, and laid back on her pillow, completely exhausted.

“Are you tired?” Vinyl asked. “I can go grab Daring Do from the living room and read to you a bit before bedtime.”

“That sounds marvelous.”

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 5 )

Recovering in love~

how do i join

Everyone, the story will start up with me as publisher. May the love resume!

6170095

It's a shame this one fell away as quickly as it did, though. It could've been up there with the others. :fluttershysad:

6170147 i think it only stopped cause the original publisher stopped logging in

its continued by Divine Path who just recently got around to posting the new prompts into a story last month

Login or register to comment