• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 2,142 Views, 312 Comments

Rhythm and Harmony: The Octascratch Prompt Collab - lyra_lover777



Various short stories by various authors between 100 and 1500 words obtaining to the love of Octavia and Vinyl Scratch.

  • ...
7
 312
 2,142

PreviousChapters Next
14 Stolen by TaviPlaysTheBass

Vinyl hadn’t expected the pain to be so intense.

It had been three months since she had last see Octavia, and she had thought herself over it for the most part, but chancing upon her in that cafe proved her horribly wrong.

Seeing her laughing and smiling with someone else, seeing her make her trademark adorable googly eyes at him, seeing how the two held hooves over the table while sipping coffee, she felt her heart break all over again.

That could have been her sitting with Octavia, so lost in those gorgeous peuple eyes that the world stopped around her. That could have been her talking to Octavia about anything and everything. That could have been her listening to Octavia gush over the newest piece her quartet was covering.

But instead of that, she was sitting alone at a table, feeling so incredibly empty as she watched Octavia so clearly fulfilled

It wasn’t fair. The best part of her life had been stolen from her. Stolen by that stupid stallion sitting across from Octavia.

What did he have that she didn’t? Some class? A viola? Vinyl wanted to scream.

She had to get out of there. She pushed up out of her seat and strode quickly for the door.

Just as she was leaving, she turned for one last glance at Octavia, and found the grey mare looking straight at her.

Vinyl froze, and for the first time in months, found herself staring into Octavia’s eyes. She saw sympathy there, but felt no warmth in the gaze.

Octavia didn’t care about her anymore. She had moved on with someone new, forgotten about their time together. And Vinyl was the one who had been reduced to awkward stares in a cafe. She was the one who had hardly left the apartment since the break up. Who still dreamed about their relationship every night.

Octavia had clearly moved on, so why couldn’t she?

PreviousChapters Next