• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 2,143 Views, 312 Comments

Rhythm and Harmony: The Octascratch Prompt Collab - lyra_lover777



Various short stories by various authors between 100 and 1500 words obtaining to the love of Octavia and Vinyl Scratch.

  • ...
7
 312
 2,143

PreviousChapters Next
42 Dance of Sadness by lyra_lover777

Dance of Sadness by lyra_lover777

Octavia was curled in a fetal position on the bed. The sheets were spread out around her like white angel wings. A small golden pillow rested above her head.

Tears streaked down her face, dripping down her soft cheeks, soaking into her sheet wings.

The door creaked open slowly.

Vinyl slowly made her way to Octavia's side.

"Babe..."

"Vinyl...." Octavia croaked, tears still flowing down her face. Vinyl softly lifted her up into her arms. She buried her head in Vinyl's electric mane.

"I'd watch out if I were you."

Octavia lifted her face from Vinyl's mane. Her muzzle was all dyed blue.

"Freshly dyed," Vinyl whispered.

Octavia gave a croaking laugh before beginning to cry again.
===

Octavia was once again weeping. She wore all black gown, while Vinyl, who shed a single tear of her own, wore a black suit, a white rose sticking out of the pocket.

Her brother, Arpeggio, clamped her shoulder, a grimace set on his face.

"Let's go say goodbye," he said, tears forming in the corners of his eyes.

The three, the only ponies there besides a withering priest, approached the coffin.

Their father had left before they were born. Octy and Arpeggio were twins.

Octavia could barely walk as they approached the oak coffin. Now Arpeggio was also openly crying, and Vinyl was holding back tears for their sakes.

The priest, solemn, turned on a dusty gramaphone.

The music the flowed from it twisted through the air while the trio reached the lip of the coffin.

Vinyl wrapped her forelegs around Octy's waist while she whimpered at the sight of her dead mother.

The mare wore a simple white gown. In her hooves was a picture of the twins.

"Goodbye mother," Octavia whispered, her voice coarse and throaty.

The old, scratchy music met their ears as the began to turn away from the coffin.

Vinyl grabbed Octy's forelegs, and twirled her slowly around her in a circle.

And so they continued down the aisle, dancing in slow motion to the mournful music, a trail of tears in their wake.

PreviousChapters Next