• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 2,142 Views, 312 Comments

Rhythm and Harmony: The Octascratch Prompt Collab - lyra_lover777



Various short stories by various authors between 100 and 1500 words obtaining to the love of Octavia and Vinyl Scratch.

  • ...
7
 312
 2,142

PreviousChapters Next
15 Sinner by Michelle Twistaloo

“I don’t care”

Those were the words that prompted the whole thing to blow up on her face. Those three simple words. She recognized the inherent danger of the situation when she saw the wrinkles showing up on the muzzle of the other mare. Unlike the ones that appeared at the corner of Octavia’s bright eyes, when she smiled, those were worrying her.

Octavia inhaled, and counted to ten in her head, she loved Vinyl, she really did, but sometimes she could be......and she struggled to think of a word, “daft”? That was far too low key. “Irresponsible”, that suited her better.

Vinyl tensed up as she looked at the small start of the folding in Octavia’s muzzle. The air around them was loaded, and if somehow a spark were to show up, it’d ignite everything over.

As the seconds passed, Octavia’s tension threatened to not go down, Vinyl was just....and then instead of apologizing she had simply told her she didn’t care.....while it wasn’t a big deal, mostly, she still had given the wrong impression.

“You know how my fellow orchestra members are” - And she grinded her teeth as she pronounced the last word of the sentence - “Vinyl.”

“Yeah a bunch of uptight bow tie wearing bores”

The creases in Octavia’s muzzle increased, and her eyes hardened up.

“You’re not helping.”

“Do I need to?” – Vinyl shrugged, as if she truly didn’t have an idea of what she had done wrong. – “I keep telling you, babe, I’m a party mare, and your friends are just so....so....”

Seeing the look in Tavi’s eyes, Vinyl decided to back down a little bit, maybe insulting her friends wasn’t a good idea after all. – “....not like me” – She finished, hoping to have dodged a bullet.

Octavia’s wrinkles were slightly reduced, and a shadow (but just a shadow) of a smile appeared, though she tried hard not to show it, she was clearly amused by the situation.

But she had to look tough, or Vinyl would repeat the same mistake, she was like a dog, in need of training.....of course a dog that could fill every need she had – and she blushed slightly – but still a excitable little dog. Only cuter, and smarter, and greater in every way.

Seeing the slight blush in Octavia’s fur, Vinyl attacked, she wasn’t going to fight for words, she wasn’t really that good with other words other than “More” “Drink” “Please” and “Babe”, but she knew Octavia and knew exactly what she liked.

She tickled her, no small feat considering her lack of fingers, in a spot where Octavia was particularly jumpy, and the other mare couldn’t keep her facade for long, soon enough she was laughing and attacking her back.

“C’mon, admit it, you think they were wrong....”

Octavia’s smile and laughter paused, though small giggles were still had from the incessant attack on Vinyl’s part.

“I don’t know, I mean, you are a sinner”

It was Vinyl’s turn to frown. Tickling stopped as they stared at one another, serious looks upon their faces.

“You commit a sin against good music, with all your wubs, and electronic gizmos.”

Vinyl was slightly mad, but this was one discussion they had had dozens of times. And Octavia was slowly coming over, well, that and Vinyl also started liking some of her music, being dragged all over for hours to hear it, and all.

“But I still like it” – Octavia half whispered, but Vinyl, whose ears were used to detect even the smallest incongruence in a bass line, heard her. She turned over to Octavia and tickled her in her belly, just making her flinch as she tried to escape the laughter, that echoed from her mouth.

“Told ya” Vinyl smiled, the words against her music but those uptight morons forgotten. – “Babe.” - She finished, though Octavia, that had collapsed in bed, to escape, was already asleep.

Vinyl wasn’t much of a night sleeper, but, sinner or not, she could go for a cuddle right now, so she lied down next to Octavia. A smile upon her face, mirroring Octavia’s own.

PreviousChapters Next