• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 2,143 Views, 312 Comments

Rhythm and Harmony: The Octascratch Prompt Collab - lyra_lover777



Various short stories by various authors between 100 and 1500 words obtaining to the love of Octavia and Vinyl Scratch.

  • ...
7
 312
 2,143

PreviousChapters Next
80 Shady by Michelle Twistaloo

The warm bright sunlight ticked her eyebrows, lighting the room around her, and even her view, despite her close ways. Fluttering open her magenta colored eyes, she opened them and noticed her localization. A room, not much bigger than her bed and some computer equipment, for which she had paid more than the crummy one bedroom flat, and some clothing, mindlessly dropped all over the floor. She got herself up, flinging her weight into a vertical stance, and looked at the air around her.

She would have liked it to have smelled of minced perfumes and roses, something pleasant to the nose.

Instead it reeked of sweat, smoke, and, though she couldn’t be sure of which exactly, some sort of alcoholic beverage, cider maybe.

She remembered last night, and her eyes grew distant as she remembered just what had happened, a couple of hours earlier. Well, not a couple, she looked at the digital watch, it was already late afternoon, but her routine was set deep inside, nights were for having fun, days were for sleep, especially now that she had no obligations, except to herself.

She had been having a drink, but it wasn’t her first, it could be maybe her third? Fourth? It didn’t really matter, she was groggy, half stumbling, as the world around her swiveled with colors and shades, from the ground. She was quite enjoying the music too, not her style of song, but it worked for her, she wasn’t really listening to it anyway.

Then, in one of the shades, a shadowy figure, in the shady zone, came to her, or she came to the shady figure, one or the other, what mattered was that when those four eyes met (Vinyl’s slightly obscured by her trademark pair of sunglasses, which she wore even , and especially at night), they danced.

And though in reminiscence she couldn’t see herself, through the clarity of a well rested day, she could imagine she looked ridiculous, specially when in mind she had drunk, at the moment it was quite fun, even if she had ended up not conducing the dance.

Now who , she questioned herself, was the other girl?

PreviousChapters Next