• Published 22nd Dec 2013
  • 353 Views, 0 Comments

JetStream Origins - LunicStream1105



Welcoming a new life for a colt.

  • ...
 0
 353

JetStream Origins-Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Readied Excitement


"I can't hold back my excitement!" JetStream mildly jumping throughout his room. Myriad smirked as he passed the door, JetStream went under the bed to search for something.

"Alright JetStream, actually, I can't wait either, I got some adult friends to catch up on too." JetStream perked up from under his bed.

"You do?" Myriad laughed.

"Yep, I sure do." JetStream sat down, and was still looking under the bed.

"How much longer until we leave Dad?" He stumbled around for a while before pulling the same letter out again.

"Oh wow" he looked up to JetStream, "only a couple more days." All Myriad could hear was a muffled, "Yes!" he rolled his eyes, smiling, "Alright." he said to nopony in particular.

"Ahha, found it, the space under my bed is bigger than I thought." And as soon as he got out from under bed, he held a object, it was sparkling, shining, "I love you soo much, my precious emerald. And that white color really suits it." He kept talking to himself, after the self praise, he put the emerald right in the sun, and it seemed to glow the same white color. Then, there was a knock on the front door, and could see Corolla going to see what it was, JetStream decided to hide the emerald again under his bed, and went out of his room to see what was there.

"Thank you." She said firmly, and the same mail-stal was delivering this. And without notice he looked directly at JetStream, JetStream just smile and waved, he waved back.

"You're welcome ma'am." And then went off to the front of the city, even though it wasn't really obvious. The city's huge. JetStream walked up to the table she set the package on.

"What is it Mom?" JetStream was trying to look over the table, but he was still too short.

"Hmm, apparently it's a letter." JetStream's eyes widened.

"Another?" Corolla slightly laughed.

"Guess so." she looked around for the opening, "And it seems to be an update on the Fun-Run, JetStream." JetStream started jumping continuously up and down.

"Well-I'll-let-you-to-it." and he then went back to his room. Corolla laughed at that and got something that could open the package easier. Soon after, she called JetStream back in. "Did you open it?" Corolla nodded. While Myriad popped out from their room doorway.

"Open what?" JetStream turned to his father.

"A box, we got something that adds to the letter we got before." Myriad scratched his chin.

"Ah, I see an information update then..." He then continued to the main room, "What does it say specifically?" Corolla cleared her throat.

"It says that, the path has been set and it's more clear. It says that they're adding stuff formerly known as 'short-cuts' as an alternate path choice, but the cost is being at minimal risk." Myriad shot up.

"Well, I bet I could take those on." Corolla rose an eyebrow, and JetStream went to tell something.

"I don't know Dad, you're not what you used to be." he said wearing a smug smile.

"Oh, come here you!" he grabbed JetStream and tussled his main, JetStream slightly panicked.

"Okay, okay! I'll take that back!" He let JetStream go and posed.

"Not what I used to be huh?" Corolla scoffed.

"Despite the size difference." Myriad reacted immediately.

"Alright you can stay out of this." Corolla smiled.

"Please." she said to herself. JetStream sighed.

"Please Mom, continue..." she held the letter more firm.

"Right, and these paths include bridges, rock obstacles, cloud covered holes, and more." JetStream's eyes sparkled suddenly.

'Awesome, maybe I can give that spell a try!' JetStream was over excited about these "Cloud short-cuts" he had always been with it after Corolla used it so many times as he was a foal, especially if Corolla and JetStream went to watch a one of Myriad's races, it was a very special school called the A.H.I. or Altamare's Hall of Ivy. It took place in the clouds because of all the open space. It's has gotten so far that, "I know I'll be able to try it myself!" he said posing.


~~~Chapter End~~~