• Published 22nd Dec 2013
  • 353 Views, 0 Comments

JetStream Origins - LunicStream1105



Welcoming a new life for a colt.

  • ...
 0
 353

JetStream Origins-Chapter 31

Chapter 31: Mystery Mare


The sun was beating red, maybe so much it might as well turn purple, "So uh..." The whole family was walking in one direction, but still not sure where to go, and JetStream was still full of questions, "Where are we staying, here, in Canterlot." There were ponies and buildings everywhere.

"This place is obviously much more busy than Altamare." Corolla turned to JetStream, they were all walking down a busy road, most likely near the heart of the city, the Plaza is just behind them, "We're staying at a hotel" she turned back in front of her, "like I'm guessing you to were in before." JetStream was shocked.

"Weren't you here in Canterlot the whole time? How'd you know?" Myriad was looking a little curious also.

"Well, just because I'm going to help out with staff members doesn't mean they'll tell me about where or how you guys are doing." JetStream and Myriad sighed of relief, Corolla rose an eyebrow and continue looking ahead, "The hotel should be a couple blocks away. I already got us a room." Both of their eyes widened.

"Now how long have you been planning this?" Myriad asked, "You never told me about this."

"I got the idea when we arrived, I got a quick look around before I joined the ponies help. The scenery and the nice, warm welcomes made it possible." she lightly laughed. JetStream turned to Corolla.

"Oo, oh is there more than one floor?"

"Yes." she nodded.

"Which one are we at?" Myriad's smile appeared.

"I'm assuming you want the highest floor." JetStream nodded, turning to her Mother.

"Well, not the highest, but were second to the top." JetStream stopped to a walk.

"Aw." After that they reached a corner they turned, suddenly, about three ponies with golden armor, trotted by with a carriage connected to the collar-like objects on their necks. JetStream looked at them carefully, "Who are those three?" Corolla scratched her chin, turning to JetStream.

"I'm guessing those are the said, Royal Guard." Myriad nodded.

"Yeah, I heard about those ponies, it takes a guts to be in the Royal Guard..." he chuckled, "... Or from what I heard." JetStream just watched them, going wherever they were sent to, and soon vanished behind the very building they turned to. Corolla motioned a full head of thought, and JetStream could feel a sudden change in the air, like the air suddenly got colder.

"Anyway, I want you two to head out for the market real quick, they'll be closing soon." Corolla pulled a bag from inside the saddle bags she had been wearing.

"I didn't see those before." he pointed at them. She just smiled and hoofed Myriad a ton of gold circular objects, JetStream pointed at them in curiosity.

"What are those?" Corolla showed some in front of him.

"These? They're called bits, we use them to buy things." Myriad looked up from the hoof full of bits.

"What do you have in mind? For me to buy anyway?"

"Oh, yes, we need at least a plentiful amount of food, and then some." Myriad nodded.

"Alright, I'm guessing you will be at the hotel then?" she nodded.

"Yes, now hurry, get there before they close." JetStream motioned a salute.

"Yes ma'am." Corolla playfully shook her head with a smile, but Myriad on the other hoof.

"Good work private, I'm sure you'll get a gold star with that attitude." JetStream sighed, "You still need to work on it." he stated rustling his mane, once he stopped, JetStream changed it back.

"Keep doing that and I'll get another hairstyle..." he mumbled.

"Alright, I guess we'll get going then."

"See you back there Mom." they both waved, Corolla waved back. Soon they reached a corner.

"Oh, wait, Dad. I gotta ask Mom something." Myriad nodded.

"Alright, I'll stand right here."

"Okay, I'll be back really soon." JetStream headed off for the corner that his Mom continued behind, and tried to catch up to her current position, "Mom." she turned shocked.

"Oh, JetStream, weren't you with your Dad?" JetStream nodded, his breathing was slightly altered.

"Y-yeah, I was. But you didn't tell us where the hotel is." her eyes widened in realization.

"Oh, yes well, when you get to the market, there should be a building on the very right of the street that holds all the stands. Go to the sidewalk on the left and enter that building once get to the door, our room is 403." JetStream was quite under shock.

'Oh wow, another high amount of rooms in a hotel.' JetStream nodded, "Okay thanks Mom, once again, we'll see you once we get there." JetStream trotted back to Myriad, who like he had said, was standing right in the same place as when JetStream went off. Myriad kept his focus on JetStream as he approached.

"Well, what was it that you had to ask her?" JetStream sighed.

"To find the hotel in the first place."

"Oh yes, good thinking champ. Okay then, let's go to the market." The trip to the market didn't sound as exciting to JetStream, but the city itself just pushed it out of the way, ponies wherever you look, light posts were just getting around to flicker on. The numbers of ponies seemingly decreased over time went on, and they got closer to the market. Soon the biggest one out of all, it seemed to be stock full of many different foods, but being at a lower level of interest, he didn't bother at what to pick out. But something caught his eye, it was a stand that seemed to sell some sort of alchemy decorations, and it was apparent to JetStream that these were fakes.

"Hey, look at that one." His eyes staring directly, the stand owner took notice.

"You like what you see?" JetStream nodded.

"It looks like the one back at home." The owner's eyes widened.

"Well, it may seem that you have experiences with these before, no?" JetStream shrugged.

"But I seem to think that mine is real..." It was quiet for a while, and the pony sitting behind it chuckled.

"Are you sure?" JetStream nodded for the second time.

"Yeah, mine has an ominous glow when I, and only me is around it, it's like I can feel something warm." The owner had his brow raised.

"Alright, it would be hard to argue with a creative mind, especially for being so young." JetStream nodded for the third time, and started back to Myriad, he continually looked left and right, until he felt something, this sense, it seemed higher with expectations, but it still had more worries, and it felt like it got closer, it felt like it was right behind him, and in turn it crashed into him, making him completely lose his balance.

"Sorry, I'm in a rush!" It turned out to be a Unicorn Mare, but it was hard to catch what he saw, he was stumbling, but as he was, he caught the glimpse of her cutie mark, it was a very saturated yellow and red sun. JetStream was in thought, and in a panicking situation for the first time, he suddenly righted himself, stopping on all fours, and focused.

"Let me get to know you..." he said to nopony in particular. And just before she was too far, her Aura appeared, "It's some sort of dark yellow." JetStream just stood in the middle, soon all he was thinking about at the moment was that young mare, he reached the wall to lean on, and for other ponies to pass, he recited to himself, "Why, such a pony having a color like that, even I want to be that high in rate. If it's yellow, I heard that's a color of, well, it's like you're learning something important, or something. It's usually something you have if you are making it toward high statures... But if it's dark, she might be having struggles, maybe even critical ones." JetStream nodded to himself, and then he took off to find Myriad, who wasn't that far.

"Wow..." A voice appeared out of nowhere as soon as JetStream was out of range, this pony was eaves dropping, to no extent, "He got all that information, just by staring?... How come I don't have that?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, "I'm back Dad." Myriad turned to him.

"Ah, JetStream, where were you?" He kicked the ground, the sky was a dark mix of purple and blue, and the streets were filled with bright lights that were at least the right brightness to keep monsters away, he continued to dig at the ground.

"Something caught my eye." Myriad slightly shook his head.

"Alright, just let me know next time, it's getting dark." JetStream nodded.

"... Okay." Myriad sighed.

"Okay, we're all ready to go. So, where did she say it was?" JetStream then took a deep breath, then told him everything he remembered, soon after they started to the hotel, entering, and finding their room, where they can finally relax. Corolla seemed to be awaiting them more than they expected, she was around the door to the hallway.

"Oh, I'm glad you're back, you got everything for tonight?" Myriad nodded.

"Yep we do." While on the other hoof, JetStream was trying to maintain his balance, and without warning, crashed to the floor.

"Ye-ep..." he said weakly.

"Here, let me take that." Corolla grabbed the bag's handles with her teeth, JetStream had it on his back, or neck.

"Anyway, I was at the door because of note we got" she held the object up, "I was ever so happy to see who it was from, but I was ecstatic when I saw it with my own eyes." Myriad rose an eyebrow.

"Really? Then who was it from?" She got giddy with excitement.

"... Princess Celestia." JetStream's eyes widened in shock.

"Really? Why us out of all ponies here?" she held the note up to where she could read it.

"Well, apparently after the display of your colt's abilities..." she put the note back down, "She was interested as why JetStream was able to perform such a feat." JetStream wished he was hearing correctly.

'Celestia, out of all of higher ranks, she was interested into what I had done that day.' Just the thought of it made him blush, Myriad nudged him.

"Wow, I'm surprised, what did you do to make her so interested?" JetStream had a theory, but wanted it to be a surprise. Corolla poked in.

"Oh, I guess you're too embarrassed?"

"Or, just the fact that he's just as stunned as me. Anyway, we are going ever there tomorrow, around five o'clock." Everything was really lively, like the atmosphere was sharp and edgy.

"Alright, anyway it's time to go to bed, for all of us." By this time the sun's twilight was gone, and was replaced with stars, the moon was near the top of the sky. And with everypony going to their own beds, it was time for some rest, it will be a big day tomorrow.


~~~Chapter End~~~